Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Matt Sorum meets Axl in NYC
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum meets Axl in NYC  (Read 15681 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2006, 09:45:13 PM »

Scott cant write a song to save his life....

whatever...wasn;t there enough scott bashing in the "weiland repies" thread? Roll Eyes

only axl's main man would know this..? hihi yeah weiland know snnothing can't release anything good.. Guy only has mega platinum albums and chart topping singles, wish we were all that untalented.

There's a difference between no talent and not liking someone

Ashlee simpson has no talent, scott weiland has talent..

Mike, the majority of lyrics on Contraband are written by Scott, can you show me one song on that album besides YGNR that even sounds half as well written and composed as say There was a Time or Catcher in the Rye..?

Im sure you'd be hard pressed...

And dont even say I hate Scott Weiland...I have all of STP's albums, and saw them twice on the Number 4 tour, but he is no saving grace on any of those records...

The DeLeo brothers always were, why do you think Richard Patrick scooped them up so quickly when Scott left STP for VR...

Like I said in my original post, Scott has mediocre singing talent but he's a major fucking flake..

But on topic, I wonder what album Axl maybe had playing while he was driving Matt home.. hihi

Imagine if Brain and Tommy called Axl on his cell and there like "Hey Axl, its us, were fuckin' smashed in China town, can you give us a lift home?"

"Sorry boys, Im already taking Matt home, and were guna pick up Duff on the way to get some late night KFC..."

Tommy and Brain:......"Oh, Shit......." Shocked

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2006, 11:32:32 PM »

But on topic, I wonder what album Axl maybe had playing while he was driving Matt home.. hihi

Imagine if Brain and Tommy called Axl on his cell and there like "Hey Axl, its us, were fuckin' smashed in China town, can you give us a lift home?"

"Sorry boys, Im already taking Matt home, and were guna pick up Duff on the way to get some late night KFC..."

Tommy and Brain:......"Oh, Shit......." Shocked

HAHA. That is some funny shit man.rofl

The whole image of Axl driving Matt "home" in his suburban is a fucking trip... like two high school kids going home after a night of partying. "Thanks man. See you in school Monday." EXCEPT we're talking about a pair of 44 year olds who up until that night apparently hated each other's guts! hihi

Meanwhile... Axl bumping into Weiland seems almost inevitable at this point... oh to be a fly on the wall when THAT happens....

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2006, 11:42:27 PM »

The fact that they "ran into" each other does NOT =reunion.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2006, 11:43:58 PM »

The fact that they "ran into" each other does NOT =reunion.

true dat!!! But it is kind of cool that they put aside their differences.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2006, 12:23:01 AM »

If I was a fly on the wall, I'd get inside Weiland's ears and annoy that fool! hihi  Axl=Round one knockout!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2006, 07:14:23 AM »

i really hope, that matt will give some more details about this in the future. it sounds interesting as hell..... mostly the ride to the hotel in axl`s suburban ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2006, 08:18:47 AM »

Cool news I guess.... I am now and always have been up for a reunion.... I don't think this little incident has any? implications of a reunion anyway though..  Also I never really liked Matt in GnR and I don't really care for him in VR.... I would prefer Steven or even Brain to fill that spot if it were to happen...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 01:09:27 PM by tomass74 » Logged

GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2006, 09:18:54 AM »

Anyone who is being serious accep[ts that Matt Sorum is the trur GNR drummer as he played on most GNR records (3.5) and their biggest tour/most concerts.
Nevertheless,   after all that has been said/done between them,  I would prefer everyone stays where they currently are or otherwise they are all spineless.
I loved Snakepits and Neurotic outsiders,  it took me a while to adjust to VR but I think they are very good band,  I would hate to see all that work destroyed once again just so that tyranny (Duff mentioned on Jap.  tv that everything after '90 was tyranny and no fun).
However,  everyone has their life and should do what they want.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2006, 04:32:55 PM »

That's cool they are able to be mature...my guess on the copasetic nature of things is that it's probably one thing to have to work for Axl , but it's another thing to just be two musicians in two different bands out and about in town...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2006, 08:58:48 PM »

Crap people, Dizzy Reed mentioned that he has briefly seen both Steven Adler and Matt Sorum over the past couple years.? Does that mean a reunion is likely?? The two former bandmates running into each other was exactly that: two former bandmates running into each other.? Any reunion hopers are clouded with wishful thinking if they believe any reunion will stem from this.

So we know that Axl and Slash have met in the past year.?

Really?? When have Slash and Axl spoken?

If you are referring to this....

Moreover, the statement claims Slash showed up uninvited at Axl's door early one morning in October to offer a truce. "Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' '[Velvet Revolver frontman] Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates [Revolver drummer] Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.'

You can read that once and tell that it's all hogshit.? Slash never showed up at Axl's door, and if he did, Axl would've turned him away at the gates, just like he's done with Izzy multiple times over the years.? And I'm really sure that if Slash did show up at Axl's door, he'd say "Oh Axl, you're the stronger of the two of us".? ?Roll Eyes? jeez people, use your fucking brains.

furthermore, Axl said recently at the Korn party, that he hasn't spoken to Slash in ten years.? So that's proof that that part of the press release was bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:04:22 PM by Bridge » Logged
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2006, 09:17:15 PM »

Axl: So what's all this shit about you running your mouth off about me for the last 6 years, and telling people this is not GNR? Are you trying to undermined me, bitch?

Matt: uh... uh... Dude, I love the braids! You look ten years younger!

Axl: You are forgiven.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2006, 09:23:36 PM »

LAME

the one an only horsey !
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2006, 09:34:15 PM »

Your face is lame!

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: