Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:57:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227889 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How will CD's release date be announced?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How will CD's release date be announced?  (Read 15105 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »

they should project it onto a famous landmark for all to see... then follow up by announcing album launch parties in several major cities worldwide and stores announcing they will open at midnight like the Illusions... man, it would gather pace very quickly!!  beer
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2006, 08:26:49 AM »

As usual,
first a Press release will be sent out on the net and the news will run throughout the globe at once. 
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2006, 08:55:10 AM »

I know there is another thread ?why didn?t Axl announce the release date at the VMA?s?. and I don?t really want re-open that can of worms but? man.

The GNR camp never ceases to amaze me. It?s all about marketing/business how can you reach the most amount of people in a certain time frame. I mean it doesn?t matter who releases an album the product needs marketing and the more the name is out there?the better. Not only are other musicians always ?out there? promoting their albums at every opportunity they are also not out of the ?spotlight for 15 years?.

Hype!!

Of course it would have been gay if Axls walks out with the announcement sewn on the ass of his frickin? jeans (didn?t Macy Grey do that?). But there are a million and half really creative ways to do it and  to make it unforgettable, after all the money/time invested in this project there should have been  be a Team of marketing Brains working at a Strategic Retreat in the Arizona dessert (so all the ?forces? are on Axls side).

Either this was decided a longtime ago and the GNR camp are waiting to execute that plan (and that plan only) and we all have no idea at all what that could.  But I think it should be something huge to shoot this Album (which will be awesome, no doubt) and this band (awesome too) straight to the top bigtime like:

A free show on the Great Wall of China playing CD start to finish or

in Tiananmen Square (easier access) or

On a floating stage in the Hong Kong Harbor

(I?m thinking huge like Floyd in Pompeii, or The Gratefuldead in front of the Pyramids)

Broadcast a song or 2 worldwide live on TV/Radio/Internet. Money raised donated to Human Rights groups in China.

But seeing how a U.S Tour is already booked or being booked looks like none of my ?bright ideas? could/or will happen?.(you gotta admit it would be cool though?

IMO they really fucked up not doing something in front of that huge audience at the VMA?s

If they come out with a damn billboard on Sunset or even worse an announcement on a bloody web-site that even I as a die hard never look at, it's going to be harder than most people think, people just aren't holding their breath for a new GNR Album that's why I think this album needs all the promotion it can get.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2006, 09:48:26 AM »

Unfortunately, I think there will not be anything special. Just look at the so called "official" GN'R website (gnronline)... no need to say more... there are really some incompetent persons working for GN'R.... I tell you. This band may be the worst promoted/marketed band in 2006. Even the Amateurs/auto-produced/independant bands do a better job in term of promotion.

You know what? if nothing change, ChiDEm will be released, nothing special will be made for this album, it will reach #1 the first week and then will quicky fade away and deseappear within a couple of month, even weeks, like the Tool album. and that's it.

Tons of things could be made to make it special, but it seems there is no motivation in the Guns Camp and Management to make this thing the best and the biggest it can be. For exemple, Why the hell the bandmembers aren't allowed to speak? to give interviews? to get some interest? Why the communication is so poor? Why everything is "locked" by contracts and shits like that? it just give the impression they want to hide. Not to be successfull.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 10:05:41 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2006, 09:54:15 AM »

Nequick I agree 100%,

There are alot of tools working  or not working in the promo dept in behalf of this band. I hope to hell your not right that this album will fade away within weeks but it's how music works these days. It won't fade for us fans though and I guess that's what counts.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2006, 09:59:08 AM »

When you look at the Madonna crew, that's what I call a marketing team. She has the best people around her, she is everywhere, Her management always has tons of ideas. You know, they all do a fucking great job to make madonna the most successfull possible. and it works! 4 sold-out nights at Bercy Arena? in Paris last week! I mean... FOUR.
Now compare with GN'R... dawn...this is really scary.

One word: lack of professionalism. Incompetence.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 10:04:20 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
kendall_wright2001
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2006, 10:03:14 AM »

I think when the record is released it will be a double album, it will be a blank cd-r, thus letting u create your own chinese democracy album the way that you want it to sound, using the 4 leaked demo tracks and the best live tracks of silk worms, chinese democracy, the blues, and madagascar.  The other cd will be custom made software authorized by Axl and the band to mix it anyway that you choose. What do u all think?  Grin
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2006, 10:04:58 AM »

they should project it onto a famous landmark for all to see

Like the White House ?rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2006, 04:47:51 PM »

I believe it'll just sort of happen.  No big pomp and circumstance.  I'll probably turn on the radio one day and hear a DJ say, Chinese Democracy is set to be released...........  That's how I heard about the Hammerstein gigs, before they were announced. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2006, 05:09:23 PM »

When you look at the Madonna crew, that's what I call a marketing team. She has the best people around her, she is everywhere, Her management always has tons of ideas. You know, they all do a fucking great job to make madonna the most successfull possible. and it works! 4 sold-out nights at Bercy Arena? in Paris last week! I mean... FOUR.
Now compare with GN'R... dawn...this is really scary.

One word: lack of professionalism. Incompetence.

Oh quit passing the blame.. I'm by no means a Madonna fan but have you considered the fact that maybe, just maybe, the fact that she has put out 5 or so albums in the last 15 years contributes to her popularity. Her fans that grew up with her buy her albums, as does some of the younger generation. That might be what keeps her in the limelight.

The reason it's hard to market GnR over the last several years is they are hard to market. No recent songs/albums.. What if in 2002 they announced a date & released a single, it would have been a joke. Same thing with February with the leaks. You geniuses would have issued a press conference and released Better as the new single, and now 7 months later would be into the 3rd single WITH NO DATE FOR THE ALBUMS RELEASE!! It's easy for you all to play Monday Morning Quarterback and say what everyone else is doing wrong with GnR, but your not the ones calling the shots, and misjudgements you all posted in the past on this messege board aren't exposed to the worldwide public. I'd love to see how many posts there were in February saying "Why don't they just release 'Better' as a single already".

The only suggestion I read throughout 7 pages of posts is he should have made an announcement during the VMA's.. ?  nervous  That's it, that's the best you can suggest?  That really would have started the hype? I think they'll be just as good off if they do it the way they'll probably end up doing it, give a press release, MTV & DJ's pick up on it, broadcast it. Give a date that stations will receive a single. Fans tune in that day to listen. It works for every other band, why does GnR have to have such an ingenious marketing plan?
strattao
Opening Act

World Tour 2000Something

« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2006, 05:11:42 PM »

I think it's funny reading all the comments from years ago like - There should be an announcement next week - or something like that.

I don't care if he puts a fake tatoo on his chest running down the street in his underwear. I just hope that it comes out this year like Axl said.
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2006, 05:13:02 PM »

a xmas cracker

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: