Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:10:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  9.17.06 - Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9.17.06 - Discussion Thread  (Read 18498 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2006, 12:51:19 PM »

review in the GNR On Tour board, in the 9/17 thread! with pics!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2006, 01:16:24 PM »

why cant people be happy with the fact GNR are touring and getting ready to release the new stuff, WHEN thealbum is out, then more new stuff will be played, they are a great live act so why complain

AGREED...A lot of people here will never be happy until GN'R is playing the exact setlist that some people on this board  want, without any solos. The amount of solos probably changes from night to night depending on how Axl is feeling.  If he thinks his voice needs more rest, more solos... and likewise.  Of course MOST of us would all love to have more songs included and some solos dropped off the set, but this isn't our band.  Axl is out there touring right now and when he wasn't, people would bitch that he wasn't doing ANYTHING. Now that he is, people are still bitching about it.  The guy will never be able to win because there will always be so many people (Including a lot of "fans") that aren't happy with what he's doing, no matter what it is. When this album finally comes out, the bitching will continue.  We always complain about how long it's taking and HAS TAKEN to make and release this album, but some of us will still find a way to nitpick, criticize, knock and pick apart this album, just to continue bitching about something.  Sure EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US doesn't always agree with what GN'R is doing or has done and we have said something about it.  But to BITCH ABOUT IT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY IS SO REPETITIVE AND FUCKING ANNOYING!!  We heard you the first time, so you don't need to fucking say it anymore!!  Like SlashisVR said above, we will hear more new songs when the album drops.  I don't think it will be as many as some of us think, but I think it will be about 8-9 varying new songs per show and that will really depend on how well this album does and how well it is received by fans.  The set-list will definitely be altered quite a bit when the album comes out, so we ALL just need to be patient and appreciative of what we are getting now.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
justme
Opening Act

Keep on rollin'

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2006, 01:21:15 PM »

My life is very good, thanks to worry for me. I'm 25, highly graduated and have more money on my bank account than you will ever dream of. ok
I'm just beeing honnest here. that's it.

yes... just 1 advice: Find a girl (or a boy, it's your choice, no offense Smiley
And if you think money ?= happyness... well I can't do anything for you dude...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2006, 01:38:55 PM »

My life is very good, thanks to worry for me. I'm 25, highly graduated and have more money on my bank account than you will ever dream of. ok

Sometimes honesty makes you sound like a douche bag.  Highly graduated??  Wouldn't it be highly EDUCATED??  You spelled HONEST wrong and you better put that money IN your bank account instead of ON it, just so it doesn't get stolen.

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2006, 01:48:35 PM »

Everyday you're more pathetic.? So because you're supposedly rich nobody here isn't?? Maybe none of us need to brag about it.? Loser.? Highly graduated?  So what?  I have a masters degree at the university and I don't brag about it.  Idiot.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 01:50:19 PM by GNFNRAXL » Logged
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2006, 01:59:23 PM »

Please stop bitching about each other's education and life level!  rant
It's off topic, let alone silly!  Tongue

Let's focus on Cotis' great review and pictures  Cheesy  Thank you once again for these, dude! I'm glad you had a blast!  ok
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2006, 02:01:39 PM »

yes it was fucking amazing

i got to touch robin and hug him when he was by us....and then i was pointing at ron a lot and he smiled and gave me a thumbs up...especialy when i lifted up my red NY Yankee hat and pointed at it, like i told Ron I'd do...it was amazing
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2006, 02:13:39 PM »

yes it was fucking amazing

i got to touch robin and hug him when he was by us....and then i was pointing at ron a lot and he smiled and gave me a thumbs up...especialy when i lifted up my red NY Yankee hat and pointed at it, like i told Ron I'd do...it was amazing

Looks like you had an awsome time.  Smiley 
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »

Please stop bitching about each other's education and life level!  rant
It's off topic, let alone silly!  Tongue

Let's focus on Cotis' great review and pictures  Cheesy  Thank you once again for these, dude! I'm glad you had a blast!  ok

I think you missed the point of what the bitching was about, not education or "life level". But you are right, it's off topic and I admit that even reading nesquicks post in the first place, was so stupid of me.  But thank you Cotis for the reviews and the pics.  I am happy for you that you had a great time and most importantly of all, had a safe time.  BTW, for any of you going to see shows on this tour, be safe and don't do anything stupid. The last thing we want is to lose any of the board members to death, even the members we can't stand. BE FUCKING SAFE OUT THERE FOLKS!!

Bono
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2006, 02:41:07 PM »

So many of you people just don't fucking get it. nobody is complaining about the songs played but rather the lack of new material. thel ack of mention about CD. So many damn blind followers saying "why complain just enjoy the fact that Gusn N' Roses are toruing" that's bullshit. They've been touring now since May and there has been nothing mentioned by Axl to the fans regarding CD other than the vague "this year" comment. Alot fo the new songs have been dropped from the set completely. I'm a  fan as much as anyone but I'm tired of this "enjoy the ride" shit that's been going on since 2002.  I want progress. I want the band to move forward. Can any of you deny the fact that this band is more and more looking like a cover band?   I also mentioned in past posts that maybe this is all just warm up for the real tour which starts October 24th so I'm not closed minded enough to not think there's still time but I'm not blind to the fact that time is running out.  Time's running out for a 2006 relese date, time's running out on the integrity of this band.  My complaints as well as other's complaints come out of frustration at the lack of progress.  Also alot of you seem to think that the bitching only happens here on Guns N' Roses forums well wake up. There's bitching on every single forum. Fans aren't always gonna be happy. Fans of sports teams, bands, or whatever will alwasy bitch and always praise. It goes witht he territory so deal with it.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »

So many of you people just don't fucking get it. nobody is complaining about the songs played but rather the lack of new material. thel ack of mention about CD. So many damn blind followers saying "why complain just enjoy the fact that Gusn N' Roses are toruing" that's bullshit. They've been touring now since May and there has been nothing mentioned by Axl to the fans regarding CD other than the vague "this year" comment. Alot fo the new songs have been dropped from the set completely. I'm a fan as much as anyone but I'm tired of this "enjoy the ride" shit that's been going on since 2002. I want progress. I want the band to move forward. Can any of you deny the fact that this band is more and more looking like a cover band? I also mentioned in past posts that maybe this is all just warm up for the real tour which starts October 24th so I'm not closed minded enough to not think there's still time but I'm not blind to the fact that time is running out. Time's running out for a 2006 relese date, time's running out on the integrity of this band. My complaints as well as other's complaints come out of frustration at the lack of progress. Also alot of you seem to think that the bitching only happens here on Guns N' Roses forums well wake up. There's bitching on every single forum. Fans aren't always gonna be happy. Fans of sports teams, bands, or whatever will alwasy bitch and always praise. It goes witht he territory so deal with it.
I completely agree with you. My biggest concern is that when Axl hands over the album to the record company, they'll tell Axl that they already have too many big releases in the fall, and they're going to wait and put his album out next summer. That will fuck Axl for trying to sell out these big venues, and clear channel or whoever the promoter is will cancel the tour. Axl will be seen as a joke and a failure, and driven back into to seclusion. This strategy of announcing shows every few days is fucking stupid as well. Why can't Merck convince Axl to let him take ads out in music publications, newspapers, and MTV/Much Music announcing all the tour dates at once. They could even start their own web page with a list of all the tour dates, and a sign that says GNR World Tour 2006.? ?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 04:20:12 PM by Mattattack » Logged
axls earwax
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »

why cant people be happy with the fact GNR are touring and getting ready to release the new stuff, WHEN thealbum is out, then more new stuff will be played, they are a great live act so why complain

AGREED...A lot of people here will never be happy until GN'R is playing the exact setlist that some people on this board? want, without any solos. The amount of solos probably changes from night to night depending on how Axl is feeling.? If he thinks his voice needs more rest, more solos... and likewise.? Of course MOST of us would all love to have more songs included and some solos dropped off the set, but this isn't our band.? Axl is out there touring right now and when he wasn't, people would bitch that he wasn't doing ANYTHING. Now that he is, people are still bitching about it.? The guy will never be able to win because there will always be so many people (Including a lot of "fans") that aren't happy with what he's doing, no matter what it is. When this album finally comes out, the bitching will continue.? We always complain about how long it's taking and HAS TAKEN to make and release this album, but some of us will still find a way to nitpick, criticize, knock and pick apart this album, just to continue bitching about something.? Sure EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US doesn't always agree with what GN'R is doing or has done and we have said something about it.? But to BITCH ABOUT IT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY IS SO REPETITIVE AND FUCKING ANNOYING!!? We heard you the first time, so you don't need to fucking say it anymore!!? Like SlashisVR said above, we will hear more new songs when the album drops.? I don't think it will be as many as some of us think, but I think it will be about 8-9 varying new songs per show and that will really depend on how well this album does and how well it is received by fans.? The set-list will definitely be altered quite a bit when the album comes out, so we ALL just need to be patient and appreciative of what we are getting now.
You are so right!!!!!! Axl will not play anymore new song's until album drop's, people will just turn them into bootlegs and ruin the whole suprise of CHINESE DEMOCRACY. just my opinion. Rock on everyone rock on !!!!!!
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2006, 05:55:48 PM »

this band has just become boring and predictable

enought said unfortunally  no
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2006, 06:17:31 PM »

this band has just become boring and predictable

enought said unfortunally  no

If you read the internet before, during and after every show, you're right; it is boring and predictable.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2006, 06:41:12 PM »

Sometimes honesty makes you sound like a douche bag.? Highly graduated??? Wouldn't it be highly EDUCATED??? You spelled HONEST wrong and you better put that money IN your bank account instead of ON it, just so it doesn't get stolen.

I enjoyed that one... thanks for the laugh.  rofl

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2006, 06:42:30 PM »

So many of you people just don't fucking get it. nobody is complaining about the songs played but rather the lack of new material. thel ack of mention about CD. So many damn blind followers saying "why complain just enjoy the fact that Gusn N' Roses are toruing" that's bullshit. They've been touring now since May and there has been nothing mentioned by Axl to the fans regarding CD other than the vague "this year" comment. Alot fo the new songs have been dropped from the set completely. I'm a fan as much as anyone but I'm tired of this "enjoy the ride" shit that's been going on since 2002. I want progress. I want the band to move forward. Can any of you deny the fact that this band is more and more looking like a cover band? I also mentioned in past posts that maybe this is all just warm up for the real tour which starts October 24th so I'm not closed minded enough to not think there's still time but I'm not blind to the fact that time is running out. Time's running out for a 2006 relese date, time's running out on the integrity of this band. My complaints as well as other's complaints come out of frustration at the lack of progress. Also alot of you seem to think that the bitching only happens here on Guns N' Roses forums well wake up. There's bitching on every single forum. Fans aren't always gonna be happy. Fans of sports teams, bands, or whatever will alwasy bitch and always praise. It goes witht he territory so deal with it.
I completely agree with you. My biggest concern is that when Axl hands over the album to the record company, they'll tell Axl that they already have too many big releases in the fall, and they're going to wait and put his album out next summer. That will fuck Axl for trying to sell out these big venues, and clear channel or whoever the promoter is will cancel the tour. Axl will be seen as a joke and a failure, and driven back into to seclusion. This strategy of announcing shows every few days is fucking stupid as well. Why can't Merck convince Axl to let him take ads out in music publications, newspapers, and MTV/Much Music announcing all the tour dates at once. They could even start their own web page with a list of all the tour dates, and a sign that says GNR World Tour 2006.? ?

Nobody's going to try to delay this record from coming out.  It's going to be a quick release from the record company as soon as Axl gives his tumbs up

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2006, 06:43:57 PM »

I'm disappointed with the setlist too
Chief
Legend

« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2006, 07:16:31 PM »

for one, USED TO LOVE HER simply RULED!!!!!!!!!  awesome show!! review to come soon!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
dewdewboy
Banned
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2006, 07:37:32 PM »

I'm disappointed with the setlist too

Same here, I'm also disappointed. NO one in my area, besides me, knows that GNR are on tour right now. Nothings on the radio about them, No one talks about them at the bars. GNR better start playing more new songs and release a record soon, Because this is becoming an embarrisment to all GNR fans.
sladdi
Headliner

« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2006, 02:20:00 AM »

55 new pictures...  Smiley

http://www.newgnr.com/tourpictures.html (4 pages)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: