Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:05:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  9.17.06 - Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9.17.06 - Discussion Thread  (Read 18497 times)
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2006, 02:39:12 AM »

Thanks for the pic SLADDI...I was at the show Sat night...I now wish I would have brought my fucking camcorder in...security was weak...great pics from last night...it's so tempting to grab tickets for this weekend...
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2006, 04:24:54 AM »

All I can say is holy fuckin shit!!!  Im just gonna rattle off random thoughts pertaining to my experience last night.

If you havent seen this band live yet and all you do is sit home on the computer and bitch and moan about set lists and solos, YOU KNOW NOTHING.

If you judge this band by the bootlegs, even the pro shot, YOU KNOW NOTHING.

YOU NEED TO BE THERE TO GET IT.

The solos and jazz interludes make everything flow smoothly, NOBODY complained.

All three guitarist blew me away.  All three are just as good as Slash.

Axl can pierce your eardrum when he goes to the top of his range.

As a band they are very tight and powerful. They play the old songs to perfection with a stylistic twist.

IRS is so good live. Its so heavy and dramatic, people didnt know it and they were really into it.

Sometimes Axl has a hard time projecting his voice over the music, either that or there was something wrong with his mic.  Either way, that was probably only 15% of the time. The other 85% was kick ass.

When Axl sang "freed of all the chains we held together" It was one of the most powerful moments in rock history.

Every song had those moments.

This was the best concert I have ever been to in my life.  Better than HOB 01-01-01.

Axl has still fuckin got it.   yes ok peace
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2006, 04:55:54 AM »

IRS is so good live. Its so heavy and dramatic

I totally agree. I was blown away too when I heard IRS Live too. I think it's my favourite newGNR track and already one of my favourite "rocker" of all time. That song is realy loud Live. Especially the end (the last verse after the guitar solo), it's like a "wall of sound".

If it were released as a single, the teenagers would fall in love with that song.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 05:01:16 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Chief
Legend

« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2006, 12:10:34 AM »

After a long and awesome gig last night, I knew that it was going to be another great show and I knew the timings better too so this time we decided to skip the opening act and still got pretty good spots.  Ahh, you gotta love the club venues!  Unfortunately one thing that was really annoying was that I noticed that some people were let in first who didn?t even wait in line!
This show was completely awesome as well, and the band was on fire!  I could definitely tell that Axl was sick though because the vocals suffered a little bit.  VERY impressed that he got through the show without major problems!  I noticed he was drinking a lot of liquids and during Jungle I could hear a cough.  He also changed some things around because he was having trouble singing a few times. He wasn?t in as good of a mood as Saturday night but I wouldn?t say he was in a bad mood either.

Tonight the solos were all different except for Dizzy?s piano solo, which was Ziggy Stardust.  I still could have used maybe one less solo spot though even though its understandable that they do it.

For the Blues, this time Axl didn?t jump on the piano making it less of a powerful moment.  Out Ta Get Me had a sweet intro because Robin, Richard and Ron were all up in front of the stage with Richard and Robin standing on top of the monitors.  It really injected a lot of energy into the show at that point.  They showed what a good band they are by not missing a beat even though Axl came in late during the last verse.

Used to Love Her was definitely the highlight of the show for me. I had never seen them play it and really wanted to hear it so I was really excited to hear it!!!  It seemed like it wasn?t on the setlist and they just decided to play it because some of the guys were talking before the song.  They had a blast playing it, great version and there were 2 solos taken by Robin, then Richard and they had a lot of the crowd singing along.

Before Patience Axl mentioned that he talked to Izzy and he was in Mexico somewhere riding trucks around in the desert but he sends his mojo.

A few other random things that I noticed:

This time during the move the piano jam, Axl joined in and played some piano in a jazzy style.  This show was the first time I saw Ron?s Fretless guitar.  Also, at the end Axl bowed by himself with a rose in his teeth after the group bowing moment.
Also, from the previous Vegas shows I miss the TV screens on stage showing video clips, that was a very cool extra to have up there.

It was quite an amazing weekend for me, and these shows are the best yet I?ve seen from the band which is pretty damn good considering Axl was sick.  I was glad to see that the setlists aren?t completely set in stone and the jams and solos have been different.  I also knew more or less what to expect so it didn?t shock me that the band didn?t play 10 new songs or play Coma or anything like that!  I can?t wait to see them again and especially when the album is out so they can finally play more of their own material.  I am definitely ready to see more shows, but GNR in Vegas has been pretty special.  Hope to make the next Vegas gig!!

Round 2 has just Begun!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2006, 12:24:44 AM »

awesome stuff, I like reading all these great reviews, after yrs of hering all the whining, this band kicks ass fuck yeah!. I like the grass roots approach about touring the US , cause people need to see this show, the US for the most part has not,  and as always its only die hards like ourselves that keep following, but the pay off will be awesome . Im so damn happy that so many new fans are seeing this, and judgin from the expierience,. You cant judge something you never expierienced.!!!!!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2006, 01:31:02 AM »

This show was completely awesome as well, and the band was on fire!? I could definitely tell that Axl was sick though because the vocals suffered a little bit.? VERY impressed that he got through the show without major problems!? I noticed he was drinking a lot of liquids and during Jungle I could hear a cough.? He also changed some things around because he was having trouble singing a few times. He wasn?t in as good of a mood as Saturday night but I wouldn?t say he was in a bad mood either.

There was also a box of Kleenex for him near his drinks by the drums so he was definitely a little sick.  As I was there even before the opener and right up front I was watching them bring all the stuff out. 

Whatever he had didn't stop him from giving an awesome show though!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2006, 09:55:20 AM »

So my observation about them getting better as the European tour went on was correct.  Wink

Thanks for the reviews!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2006, 01:05:36 PM »

What are you guys still discussing in this thread?  Grin 

It's Sept 20th, we have a new show coming up!  beer
(And a brand new setlist  Tongue)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2006, 01:09:21 PM »

we're still discussing because we had such a damn good time this weekend!!!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2006, 01:10:21 PM »

we're still discussing because we had such a damn good time this weekend!!!!!!!

Good for you!  Grin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2006, 01:14:58 PM »

lara, you must have missed this? Cheesy

55 new pictures...  Smiley
http://www.newgnr.com/tourpictures.html (4 pages)

Thanks everyone for the reviews and the pics !

I was right in guessing he'd sneeze 3 times.  Undecided Undecided
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2006, 01:17:46 PM »

lara, you must have missed this? Cheesy

55 new pictures...  Smiley
http://www.newgnr.com/tourpictures.html (4 pages)

Yes, I have!  Shocked  Thank you so much!  Kiss
Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2006, 06:24:16 PM »

Thank you everybody... I'm thrilled that everybody's having a great time... Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: