Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?  (Read 14928 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: November 13, 2006, 11:42:35 PM »

This isnt a VR vs GNR thread so no one even think of doing it.

I remember when Slither leaked and when we found out it was the first single, many of us were extremely bummed out.

Slither in my opinion turned out to not be the best song on the album.

That being said, If "Better" is the best song on CD will u be encouraged or discouraged?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:44:30 PM »

Its kinda weird but i really like anything Axl puts out, and id probably listen to CD all day long
ScottyGNR
Headliner

lets get serious

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

Its kinda weird but i really like anything Axl puts out, and id probably listen to CD all day long

I'd say the same.  And yes if the best on CD is the what we've heard then I'd be a little dissapointed.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 11:47:19 PM »

Yes I'd be happy. ?I'm already happy. ?I think the leaks we've heard are great. ?If there are better songs on the album, that'd be a bonus. ?But I'd be satisfied if Better, IRS, The Blues were the best of the crop because I'm sure I could find the other songs quite enjoyable. ?There's probably less than a handful of GNR songs that i could do without.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 11:48:39 PM »

Yes I'd be happy.  I'm already happy.  I think the leaks we've heard are great.  If there are better songs on the album, that'd be a bonus.  But I'd be satisfied if Better, IRS, The Blues were the best of the crop because I'm sure I could find the other songs quite enjoyable.  There's probably less than a handful of GNR songs that i could do without.

I won't be happy if there's another "My World" on it. That is one of the worst songs of the 90's for sure.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 11:50:24 PM »

At this point, I'm so ecstatic with MOST of what I've heard that I'm simply looking forward to fully mastered studio versions.  I'd be lying, however, if I said that I wasn't expecting 1 or 2 more songs that eclipse what we've heard.
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 11:50:34 PM »

Eh, I'll be satisfied - I don't think we've heard the best or most interesting stuff the band has to offer, but most of the stuff we've heard has been pretty damn great.

The Blues and Madagascar are mini-masterpieces... and I don't throw that word around lightly.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 11:52:40 PM »

Yeah, I probably would be a bit bummed out if Better was the best they had to offer, I mean it's a good song, but man I expect AMAZING stuff on CD. This album has years in the making and is supposed to be epic, not just ok.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 11:52:53 PM »

I'm satisfied so far, most of these songs are not done yet so the studio versions will make them that much better. ?Overall the new songs are GREAT, but I expect "better".
ben9785
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 11:54:43 PM »

Yes, I don't really rate by singles. If the single is a great song that's obviously a good start but I reserve any judgement about what the album is like until I hear more songs or when I hear the whole album. Based on the live  versions, demos etc I've heard, regardless of what is a single, it's going to be one of the albums that will be a pleasure to listen to back to back rather than picking out individual songs (unless I don't have time to hear them all in the particular instant)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 11:55:16 PM »

That being said, If "Better" is the best song on CD will u be encouraged or discouraged?

If Better is the best song on CD I will be very discouraged.

But it honestly sounds like its not... so I'm not worried. Prostitute would be my best bet.. on that setlist... the man who did the orchestration said it was the best one.. ect.

gnrevolution.com
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 11:55:39 PM »

Id be a bit disappointed if "Catcher In The Rye" didnt make it. 

I strongly doubt "Better" will be my favorite song off of the album...its not even my favorite among the leaks. 
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 11:56:13 PM »

I will be pretty disappointed. No two ways about it. I think Madagascar and TWAT have the potential to be epic studio songs, but the quality of the rock songs is just not on par with where we expect a GNR record to be given the pedigree of the band. I think that the demos we have heard are awful close to what the finish product is going to sound like, so unless the other half the songs we haven't heard are out of this world Axl has wasted an awful lot of time making this album.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 11:59:14 PM »

Define best - because I cannot - All of the leaks are pretty much burnt out now - so anything new that is solid will most likely have me calling it the best anyway.  That aside - I think not -  I think part of the secrecy of all of this, is that there are quite a few songs not heard yet - and not heard yet for a reason -  Better is a great tune - but I think if it comes out - we can expect some cool shit
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 12:05:17 AM »

In regards to "Better," it's not my favorite of the new songs, so by extension it's not the best that the new album has to offer IMO.

Still dying to hear The Blues in its studio form...  drool

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 12:10:56 AM »

Do you think that they would throw TWAT or Madagascar as the first single? While Gunners may love these songs, I've always felt singles are the songs that appeal to the most people. I would be bummed if Better was the first single because, like a poster above me, I really expect this album to be epic on so many levels. Better is a great song, and I can't judge until I hear the studio version, but I hope that the other songs are, well, better hihi
Z
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 12:12:37 AM »

My answer is "yes".

But only after hearing them perform IRS & Chinese Democracy live at MSG last Friday. ?

Better; IRS; Chinese Democracy; The Blues; Madagascar; There Was A Time: ARE ALL BETTER than anything I have heard on one album since AFD.
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 12:18:40 AM »

This isnt a VR vs GNR thread so no one even think of doing it.

I remember when Slither leaked and when we found out it was the first single, many of us were extremely bummed out.

Slither in my opinion turned out to not be the best song on the album.

I'd be content, but not "happy." I recall some talk somewhere along the way that none of those leaks were considered the top flight material. By the way, Better is not the best leak ... it's Catcher in the Rye. Catcher and The Blues are the best new songs. Better is cool though. If all the songs are at the level of those, CD will be a very solid record. For CD to be superior, classic, etc., there will need to be songs above those. Like two or three.

I've seen enough.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 12:20:02 AM »

I would be happy... ?I don't have an official "ranking" of my favourite GN'R songs, but Catcher in the Rye would be in my Top 5. ?TWAT would be high on the list as well.

If there are songs that I enjoy as much as The Blues or TWAT, well, I couldn't ask for much more.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 12:21:05 AM »

My answer is "yes".

But only after hearing them perform IRS & Chinese Democracy live at MSG last Friday. 

Better; IRS; Chinese Democracy; The Blues; Madagascar; There Was A Time: ARE ALL BETTER than anything I have heard on one album since AFD.

No offense but I don't think many would agree with you. Yes, those tracks are better than most of UYI, but I wouldn't say they're better than "Don't Cry," "Civil War," "November Rain," "Estranged," or "You Could Be Mine." They may be just as good as those tracks, but not better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: