Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:34:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?  (Read 14931 times)
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 12:23:17 AM »

I'm still waiting to hear a song that tops TWAT. If that one is the best, I'd be satisfied.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 12:27:17 AM »

I think the leaks and live songs are fantastic, not thrilled with "Catcher in the Rye" but I LOVE Better, IRs. Madagascar, The Blues and Chinese Democracy......THey are AWESOME!!! If the record just had those 5 songs, i would be happy!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 12:28:42 AM »

This isnt a VR vs GNR thread so no one even think of doing it.

I remember when Slither leaked and when we found out it was the first single, many of us were extremely bummed out.

Slither in my opinion turned out to not be the best song on the album.

That being said, If "Better" is the best song on CD will u be encouraged or discouraged?
I dont consider Better to be the best song. But I get your point. No, I wont be disappointed if we have heard the best Axl has to offer. As I said along time ago, the songs we've heard from CD are the best songs I've heard since Soundgarden released Superunknown. Axl could release an album of only the songs we have heard so far, and it would be the best album anyone has heard in years, and would hold its own in the GNR discography.

jingles
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 12:30:34 AM »

Yes.  The damn songs get stuck in my head all the time, and everyone at my work knows intro to better from me humming it.  Each of the songs have their own little "niche".
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 12:30:54 AM »

Better was the type ofd song I was craving for the new album. I will always love Madagascar,CD, and The Blues but I knew those songs werent singles{maybe the blues is}. Better proved to me that this band can put together an anthem type song.

I would hope that they have 1 more song or 2 that is like Better. in terms of Anthem/all out rocker

If they do, IMO this album will be mind blowing.

I love all the new songs. Including Silk Worms. The only one I never got into was Rhiad.

But I think we all take the fact that we havnt heard a studio quality track yet for granted. Meaning when we hear these songs like Madagascar, The Blues, IRS ect on a clean clrisp studio cut we are going to be amazed. Partciualrly Madagascar and The Blues. I firmly believe we will all look at those 2 songs with much greater appreciation when we have the studio cuts.

We have yet to hear MAdagascar in its purest form since Rio 3. The studio will probably put the Rio 3 version to shame.

man i cant wait for this album...it better be 1 of these next tuesdays!

in closing, I think CD has been what i expected thus far. A little bit of everything. Thats why Axl is great. He gives u a littl ebit of everything and then something more. And that something more is what we have yet to hear....

and it would be the best album anyone has heard in years, and would hold its own in the GNR discography.
I think that quote sums it up. Particularly teh last part about it holding up to the old material. Even after the band broke out the "old" new songs many people had doubts about this band and album. Some said the songs were solid some said it didnt live up to the hype, etc. But after the last batch of leaks I have noticed a complete turnaround on most of those viewpoiints.

There really arent any questions, concerns, or pgs upon pgs of threads anymore debating whether the band and the album can live up to old gnr and the hype. Now its more along the lines of how much better will the studios make the songs. SLOWLY but surely this band has erased a lot of the negative vibe that used to be all over the gnr community. ANd they did it mainly thru the last set of leaks....THE MUSIC{that brings a smile to my face, and most old time posters know y}....but als thru the great tour they have going in 06, th eband hanging out and "caring", Axls more visible, etc...

Everything seems to be falling into place....

I am fully convinced that the material will not only stand up to the old stuff but it will also add to the legacy of gnr....gnr will go down as having 2 GREAT periods of music. And as fans I dont think we can ask for much more than great music. Some want the old band, some dont...It is what it is. But if we have great music, thats what counts. And so far, for me atleast, they are making some killer tunes
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 12:45:32 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 12:37:44 AM »

TWAT and The Blues are a couple of the best Guns songs ever to me so I have no problem if those are two of the best on the album.  But I also know that there's some great material we haven't heard yet.  The only songs we've heard that weren't written before 2000 are Better, Rhiad and Madagascar.  We haven't heard anything else that was written from 2000-2005
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2006, 01:35:10 AM »

The main reason i can already say with 100 percent confidence that CD will be one of the best albums ever is, I am still not sick of any of the leaks.

i have been listening to the Blues and madagascar for almost 5 years now and i am still not sick of them, same with the recent leaks.

These songs are timeless and stick with u forever.

most music today is disposable and after u wear it out u never listen again these CD songs so far will be in my soul for 50 years like the rest of the gnr songs.

the leaks destroy most of appetite and UYI  so i am thrilled.

Better isnt my fav leak either but since its rumored as the first single, thats why i used it as the example.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2006, 01:43:44 AM »

If Axl puts out a song EVEN BETTER than ''There Was A Time'', he should win a Nobel.

Its kinda weird but i really like anything Axl puts out, and id probably listen to CD all day long

same here, that's really a weird sensation, but I feel exactly the same.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2006, 01:55:24 AM »

well when i heard civil war first time i was disaointed,but when i heard it on uyi 2 iwas impresed

so don't make decision witthdemo versions

I have never seen so many tree
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2006, 02:23:55 AM »

Id be pretty disappointed if they were the pick of the bunch

I believe the Blues could be the biggest gun, but Im hoping there are a few more unheard jaw droppers waiting in the wings

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 02:37:56 AM »

I'm very satisfied with the demos and live tracks but still I'm waiting for something even better. But I think that the final versions of these tracks we have already heard will fill that spot partly, and I assume CD is going to be amazing in it's entirety.. as an album.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Gagarin
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 02:47:41 AM »

Well, I wouldn't say Sweet Child or Jungle were their best songs, but they made great singles!

So I think Better is a great single, but not the "best" song.

There's probably a "Coma" or "Breakdown" on the album.
TheMole
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 03:08:52 AM »

I was kinda disappointed when I first heard the leaks, but now I've settled for the fact that CD isn't going to be the great masterpiece 14 years in the making that I expected it to be, so I can appreciate the songs much better now. I have actually lowered my expectations after hearing the leaks, so I won't be disappointed when the album comes out. I have to be honest though, I have six CD's on permanent rotation in my car: "Julliete and the Licks - Four on the Floor", the first Audioslave CD, the leaks (IRS, Better, TWAT, CITR), a mix disc with some VR, Black Sabbath, Ugly Kid Joe, Metallica, etc..., Slash's Snakepit's Ain't Life Grand and GNR's greatest hits. Discs 3 is the only one that I usually skip entirely. I'm sure it has something to do with the mixing and mastering qualities of the leaks though.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2006, 03:11:58 AM »

I love Better and I think it is the best of what we've heard so far.  If that was as good as it got though??  I think I would be a little bummed out.  I just have a feeling that CD has so much more to offer and hopefully has songs that are better than Better. 

Now if all of the songs we have heard so far are the top songs off the album and everything else to come would be inferior to our current list of the songs we've heard, I would be let down.  I like all the new songs a lot but I think after the wait we have been put through (And the many years and money that has gone into this album) and all of the other ups and downs over the years, I expect MUCH more than CD, IRS, Rhiad, Madagascar and the Blues.  TWAT and Catcher in the Rye are some top songs and it's hard to do better than those, but I have a feeling we will get better than that.

I don't know... maybe it's because we've been hearing some of these songs for 5 years already.  I almost wish we didn't know as many songs as we do right now, so when we give it that first listen the experience would be that much more special.  But we might know over half the album and I think that's only going to hurt our satisfaction.  It will be like getting 5 or 6 new songs instead of 13 (or however many will be on the album) and I think it's only going to make us want MORE right away... like it won't meet our expectations no matter what.  I'm trying to explain what I'm thinking better than I am and I'm so tired right now... Hmmm... Even though we are getting the whole thing, it will still feel like just a taste of it because we will be familiar with much of the album already, thus making it less fulfilling.  Does that make sense??  Oh fuck it all anyway, I'm too tired to be typing anything.  Forgive me if that makes no fucking sense. 

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 03:15:02 AM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2006, 04:12:13 AM »

If "Better" is the best song on CD will u be encouraged or discouraged?

Disapointed I guess.

Not that the songs we already know aren't good, they are amazing IMO.

But I do hope that there's masterpiece(s) here and there that we haven't heard yet.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2006, 06:03:48 AM »

I would be mad... Better and Maddy and blues had better not be on the album. they suck imo.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2006, 06:05:02 AM »

I would be mad... Better and Maddy and blues had better not be on the album. they suck imo.

I think you'd better get used to them hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2006, 06:07:51 AM »

I think you'd better get used to them hihi

Iam.. and im sick of em.. they are not nearly as good as anything on AFD..... They sould too poppy for me...
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2006, 06:21:21 AM »

I think the songs we have would already make this one of my favorite albums.
I'm sure the chinese democracy or rhiad or something like that will sound a lot better as a studio version, but that's what i'm mainly curious about. Madagascar, The Blues, TWAT, and Catcher are all slower more mellow songs. Better and IRS are great but in totally different ways... i'm just wondering exactly what other rockers there might be, and what they'll sound like.
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2006, 06:24:34 AM »

I think most of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.....

The vocals on THE BLUES and MADDIE studio version should be AMAZING..

Although Merck did say IRS wasnt in the top 10, they do seem to think BETTER is a
top gun from all the hints we have.

I do believe, Prostitue, Mad, Blues, and TWAT will be the best of the ballads since
he went out of his way to put orchestration on just these 4 tracks.

For rockers, we'll get basically 4-5 more songs that are on par with IRS and BETTER.

All in all it will be a great album, but wont have another "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE".
Songs like that come along once in a lifetime for a band....Dont expect "Better".

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: