Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:20:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227890 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If the songs we have heard are the best on CD would u be happy?  (Read 14934 times)
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2006, 10:02:34 AM »

From what we've heard so far, and what they say about the 'big guns' being held back, if this is really the case, CD is going to be one epic album

Better - Even if there are better songs, this is a good single, a fairly straightforward hard rock, but doesn't sound dated, has the industrial elements etc. It's a good song to bring back old GNR fans in as well as settle them into the modern GNR sound, and at the same time, considering the resurge in popularity of rock, whether it is garage rock or indie or whatever, alot of new younger music fans will like it as well.

Madagascar - What can I say. A big fucking epic. Studio version of this is going to be devastating.

Chinese Democracy - A pretty simple, straight ahead song. Sounds like Nirvana. Killer intro. Can't see why people wouldn't like it.

The Blues - It might take a bit of time to grow but this could be a big hit. Very melodic, catchy, great lyrics. Bit of a "November Rain" kind of vibe but alot more rocking so people would love it.

Rhiad - Haven't heard a clear enough version but it sounds like it has potential.. It sounds like it would work for a soundtrack for a sci fi movie or something.. Pretty evident NIN/industrial influence

I.R.S - Sounds closest to old GNR (from what we heard so far). Killer live, but the studio version should be great. Straightforward rock song, not alot of industrial/electronic sound in this apart from the short drum loops. Older fans would really like this

T.W.A.T - Could be a big single or hit with fans. Very melodic, almost melancholic, great lyrics, has a good balance of softer parts, hard rock, guitar solos all over the place, the end is epic. Fucking amazing song

Catcher in the Rye - Reminds me of the beatles a bit for some reason in parts of it, but this could be a very popular song, and a crossover as well. Very melodic and catchy, fun lyrics, just a great modern rock song yet with a classic feel

So if there are songs that can top these, fuck, i say people better just stand aside because this album is going to be dangerous.

Great fuckin post man. I agree with almost everything you just said.? peace

I second that!  I agree nearly word for word with what Ben said about the songs.  And without sounding like an GnR lemming, I'd be thrilled to have the masters of the new and/or leasked songs alone.  Some of these songs already rank in my top Guns n' Roses songs as they stand now.  So just the thought of having these songs, along with the other new material that we've yet to experience, wouldn't leave much room for disappointment. And if they songs we've heard were the best on Chinese Democracy, then that would still leave alot of room for the rest to be great as well...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2006, 10:13:50 AM »

thats ridiculous.  Robin's guitar work and Richards bit at the end is amazing ...   The Finck solo is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever...  I dont see your precious Slash doing anything better.

Listen, I've just about had it with your eternal Finck defending, are you mr. Finck himself or something? I mean, fuck! People can make up their own minds about whether they like Finck's playing or not. There is no need to be condescending about Slash each and every time his name comes up in a comparison. If you really like Finck so much, maybe you should let his music do the talking instead of trying to put down other players to make him look better. Yes, I know, you like Finck, fine! That's your bloody right and no one is going to make you think otherwise, but puh-lease, stop defending him like he was your own son, ffs.

SLASH HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH GUNS N ROSES IN 2006.

Newsflash: this band is gaining more fans with every show.. and that means the current members of the band.    I'm not here for nostalgia.   I'm not here for the fuckin old band.  I'm certainly not here for Slash.   Robin is my favorite guitarist and when I see someone post their slash troll garbage I will defend him.
TheMole
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2006, 10:20:04 AM »

Robin is my favorite guitarist and when I see someone post their slash troll garbage I will defend him.

But why... why man... I mean, you seem like a nice guy 'n all, and I don't know you, that's for sure, but why... why do you take it as your mission to defend Finck? What good will it do?
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2006, 10:25:07 AM »

? I dont see your precious Slash doing anything better.

He is playing his own songs..... Finky fink is playing slashes songs so your argument is silly.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2006, 10:27:55 AM »

I dont see your precious Slash doing anything better.

He is playing his own songs..... Finky fink is playing slashes songs so your argument is silly.

The discussion was about Robin's work in "The Blues".  Not the songs in the set from the previous albums.   

I stand by that statement.   Slash would not have done anything better than Robin did for that song.  What Robin did fits the piece absolutely perfect.   
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2006, 11:52:20 AM »

I would hope there is something heavy like "Locomotive"

age 37....volume always at 10
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2006, 11:55:51 AM »

I dont see your precious Slash doing anything better.

Mr. Finck is playing 2-hours tribute to Slash every night..... :/

And mr. JimBob - you are saying that you aren't at the concert "for the old band" ... But the current lineup of the band plays whole AFD for Pitman's sake ... And you're listening to the songs that THE OLD BAND wrote.... I just don't understand that part, otherwise i have no clash with your post.

M.

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2006, 12:19:17 PM »

the main thing ive noticed that is missing from the new gnr songs are riffs.

axls melodies are incredible,the lyrics and melodies are great, the music is good and the solos are good but so far we havent really had any songs that have that memorable hum along riff.

Gnr have some of the most recognizable and greatest riffs ever but the new songs lack that.

that being said, axl's vocals,lyrics and melodies make up for the lack of memorable riffs.

I hope there are some riffs on this album that make u pump your fist. so far though this album has been without and that concerns me some.

Couldn't agree more.  Its a huge reason the new tracks usually get the SKIP on my Ipod - I dug them a lot when they all first leaked, but none of the rockers have any staying power for me.  The guitar work seems uninspired and very bland.  The guys in the current lineup are capable of a lot more.  The solos are pretty good, but the rest is soooo average.  The new songs are severely lacking in "sing a long" type riffs that are all over AFD and the illusions.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2006, 01:17:38 PM »

The discussion was about Robin's work in "The Blues".? Not the songs in the set from the previous albums.? ?

I stand by that statement.? ?Slash would not have done anything better than Robin did for that song.? What Robin did fits the piece absolutely perfect.? ?

I know. I'm sick and fucking tired of these comparisons. It's not the majority folks. It's a small minority of Slashite trolls, who anytime one chord is played by Robin, Richard, or Ron, they will say "Slash could've done it better". Robin could be playing a new song, and his material could be the equivalent of Brain May on 'Bohemian Rhapsody', and they'd bring up these stupid comparisons.

None of the new songs we've heard need any help from Slash. They are fine the way they are, and in many places the guitar work is better.

You're not going to hear me listening to Sucker Train Blues, and say, "That would've sounded better with Robin Finck on guitar". No, it's not about that. Fuck that shit.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
MrMojoRisin
Banned
Rocker

Some Kind of Monster

« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2006, 06:49:51 AM »

The discussion was about Robin's work in "The Blues".? Not the songs in the set from the previous albums.? ?

I stand by that statement.? ?Slash would not have done anything better than Robin did for that song.? What Robin did fits the piece absolutely perfect.? ?

I know. I'm sick and fucking tired of these comparisons. It's not the majority folks. It's a small minority of Slashite trolls, who anytime one chord is played by Robin, Richard, or Ron, they will say "Slash could've done it better". Robin could be playing a new song, and his material could be the equivalent of Brain May on 'Bohemian Rhapsody', and they'd bring up these stupid comparisons.

None of the new songs we've heard need any help from Slash. They are fine the way they are, and in many places the guitar work is better.

You're not going to hear me listening to Sucker Train Blues, and say, "That would've sounded better with Robin Finck on guitar". No, it's not about that. Fuck that shit.

Fink didnt write Sucker Train Blues so of course it wouldnt sound better....
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2006, 08:02:19 AM »

hehe i will go ontopic again

i will be very happy with the new album if these leaks are the best song we have heared

damn they all rock !! beer
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: