Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  December 20th - Gibson Ampitheater - Universal City, CA *UPDATES*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 20th - Gibson Ampitheater - Universal City, CA *UPDATES*  (Read 26640 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2006, 02:12:59 PM »

Great review man and great point!!
I love how he has really gotten tight with and integrated with the band now.  In the first show in NY he didn't even do a KOHD solo and he was on the side most of the time.  That is such a great feeling.

I love how into it he is and his interaction with the fans. he was having such a blast last night!  it was fun to strum a bit on his geetar!

The most amazing thing is remembering back to New York last spring when Bumblefoot was just kinda off to the side.  Not anymore, this guy is just as much a part of the band as the rest.   All over the fucking place.     And for the very first time I enjoyed all his parts in Better.  He fucking nails it now!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2006, 02:20:32 PM »

All right its time for Bob's review.

We got there towards the end of Helmets set (thank god) and our seats were perfect.? Section 6, 5th row, hella close to the stage but we stll had seats?

anywho, helmet blew, and then baz..? ya he's just baz.? ?entertaining enough.? ? I didn't really enjoy his set at all, but it had its moments..

Guns went on about a half hour after Baz went off, and they gave an amazing performance.? ? They didn't stop the first 4 songs, cranking them out and I swear this band just gets better and tighter every time I see them.? ?Axl slipped and fell during LALD but he laughed it off.? Better totally fucking owned, one of the best songs of the night? Rock On? Robin's solo was amazing.? he was all over the stage and Dizzy and Frank played a little piece behind his solo, another highlight of the night.? ?As always SCOM was a crowd favorite..? Then they played KOHD, You Could Be Mine, The Blues, Rocket Queen, and Down on the Farm.? ?

Richard played a bit of a christmas song, I think it was have your self a merry little christmas..? and then the band ripped into Out Ta Get Me (which everytime shits all over any previous GNR lineups version of this song), and then NOvember Rain.? ?They brought out Izzy next, which was expected.? ?Think About You, Used to love her, and then i think Bumblefoot did his solo, which was The Grinch's theme song? and then he did dont cry (he needs to drop this one already or at least not play the whole thing).

The most amazing thing is remembering back to New York last spring when Bumblefoot was just kinda off to the side.? Not anymore, this guy is just as much a part of the band as the rest.? ?All over the fucking place.? ? ?And for the very first time I enjoyed all his parts in Better.? He fucking nails it now!

My Michelle featured Baz and Bubbles.? ?Most people didn't know who he was? ? ?Axl thanked him and seemed like baz has sincerly helped out Axl and the band in some way.. who knows.

Patience, Nightrain (another highlight). and then a kickass encore.. CD, IRS, Maddy, and Paradise City.? ?

I am lucky to have gotten to see them 4 times this year, and i'm hoping for another 4 in 2007.

Axl and the band were in great spirits.? ?Tommy and Bumblefoot especially had so much energy last night and always had a smile on their face.? And Robin was more Robin then ever.? Cool? ?

It was also my first time seeing Frank on drums.? ?he cool, I like brain too, I still dont really care which one is on the drums, but I do think Frank seems to gel with these guys a little bit better than Brain does.? ?Before Robin started his intro to CD (best versin ever btw) he gave Frank a huge high 5, it was cool to see.

Oh yea! before Down On THe Farm, someone threw a cup on stage and axl and tommy both got pissed off

One thing I would like to comment on is California and smoking...? ?its fucking gay yo.? ? I've been to concerts in the last few years in Arizona, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.? ?Any concert that has ever been indoors, they always say no smoking, but everyone who smokes fucking smokes anyways.? ?Well not here!? ?I lit up one during Helmet's shitty set and some fat lady in front of us wearing a moo moo who looked like she should be at a celine deon concert or at home watching Dr Phil gave me the dirtiest look.? ? ? ?That was all for me, and NOBODY SMOKED!? ?California has got these mother fuckers trained.

Sounds like every one had a blast. Thx for the review.

Good send off for a great year in 2006 for Guns N' Roses. The best year in GN'R since 1993.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2006, 02:24:28 PM »

Good send off for a great year in 2006 for Guns N' Roses. The best year in GN'R since 1993.

it was perfect.  Like I said Axl was in a great mood, as was the rest of the band, but we also got to see him get a lil pissed off  hihi 

the show was absolutely perfect.  and i agree 2006 is the best year for us GNR fans in a long ass time!
EFISH
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2006, 02:40:28 PM »

Great review Mr. Bob!

Bye, bye 2006!  crying

headbanger
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2006, 02:48:53 PM »

Great review Mr. Bob!

Bye, bye 2006!? crying

headbanger

hello 2007 Wink Grin
CMY
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2006, 02:54:47 PM »

Went on the 17th and last night.. had 4th row on Sunday and 1st yesterday.   ok  peace

Awesome shows; everyone sounded great and my faith in what Axl is doing has been restored. 2007 is going to rock!
J. Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2006, 02:58:14 PM »

Thanks for the Reviews Everyone! This HAS been a great year peace I'm ready for round 3 in 2007 Mother Fuckers!
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2006, 03:30:16 PM »

Yeah, it was a great show once again. I can't say it beat tuesday nights performance but it was stellar nonetheless. I loved bumblefoot singing the grinch, it was awesome. Aside from that, it was very similar to the night before. It was cool meeting some other fans at these three shows but most of all, it is great seeing htis fuckign band. They are tighter than ever. I saw them at inland invasion and just a few months later, they seem like a totally different band. They have really gained a ton of chemistry as this tour progressed. These three shows were just fucking incredible.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2006, 06:23:25 PM »

I forgot to mention but it was so awesome to see Beta come out during the final bow and get a big hug!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2006, 06:54:42 PM »

Sometimes an update or two would get lost between point A and point B.  I apologize for that.  Embarrassed  Stupid phones...

Just want to clarify that Used To Love Her WAS played, and Bumblefoot did the Mr. Grinch song between his solo and and Don't Cry.

I'll be back later with a review.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2006, 07:07:44 PM »

woohoo!! thanks for all the updates!!! peace peace

robin was amazing today ( love that guy) wore his new RF shirt  and Robin finck shirt from 02  for the both times i had pit and he had  a smile every time he saw me and while smiling at me he would even pull the front of his shirt and say nice shirt  Grin

awww, i want to wear a Robin t-shirt if i ever go to see them live next year

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2006, 01:34:02 PM »

JimBob you are awesome. Sorry this post is soooooo late, been on vacation and just catching up.  I love your rant about the cigs and your profile pic. You can't even smoke outside without someone in Cali looking at you the wrong way!

Great review! Great details! Happy Fuckin New Year Mother fuckers!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: