Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Live Earth Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Live Earth Press Release  (Read 19864 times)
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »

Is it posible that the organizers thought that Axl could bring problems to the Festival because of the delays in the starts of GNR Shows?  It is some stupid to think it but could it be posible?

Very unlikely, at Download last year, they were actually slightly early!

Axl's statement, although disappointed at not being able to sort something out, was respectful and courteous to the organisers.  If involved, I'm sure he wouldn't have dicked them around on the day!
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2007, 12:27:19 PM »

^^ i agree.  i don't think axl would hold something this big up.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2007, 03:58:35 PM »

The Japan dates is much more important. Concentrate on the tour no. There will be more events like this...  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2007, 10:00:21 PM »

The Japan dates is much more important. Concentrate on the tour no. There will be more events like this...? beer

Yes SR. !!

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2007, 01:24:16 PM »

Everyone who rants and raves about Global Warming, Id love to see exactly what they are doing in THEIR lives to do something about it.

I bitch about Global Warming, and I've cut my petrol consumption by 25%. and lowered my electric use by 10 -15%. The younger people on this forum will see dramatic changes in sea level by the time they reach old age ... and it only gets worse from there.

wow youve done so much for the world... you want an award or something.  How about instead of that worthless nonsense you use that petrol your saving to drive someone to work so they dont have to walk 4 miles, or drive toa  homeless shelter.  The most prevalent greenhouse gas is water vapor by the way, what are you doing to cut down on water vapor.  Youve done nothing, youre efforts were worthless, give it up and do something actually meaningful like helping someone.

This concert was the most hypocritical nonsense ever.  It wasted so much energy.  Its like having an event to raise forest fire awareness by starting a forest fire.  If Axl was smarter he would have said, "I didnt do this concert because it is retarded and Al Gore is fat and uses more energy than 24 average americans combined."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2007, 01:45:19 PM »

Everyone who rants and raves about Global Warming, Id love to see exactly what they are doing in THEIR lives to do something about it.

I bitch about Global Warming, and I've cut my petrol consumption by 25%. and lowered my electric use by 10 -15%. The younger people on this forum will see dramatic changes in sea level by the time they reach old age ... and it only gets worse from there.

wow youve done so much for the world... you want an award or something.  How about instead of that worthless nonsense you use that petrol your saving to drive someone to work so they dont have to walk 4 miles, or drive toa  homeless shelter.  The most prevalent greenhouse gas is water vapor by the way, what are you doing to cut down on water vapor.  Youve done nothing, youre efforts were worthless, give it up and do something actually meaningful like helping someone.

This concert was the most hypocritical nonsense ever.  It wasted so much energy.  Its like having an event to raise forest fire awareness by starting a forest fire.  If Axl was smarter he would have said, "I didnt do this concert because it is retarded and Al Gore is fat and uses more energy than 24 average americans combined."

I honestly don't believe the majority of the artists on this bill were even there for the "cause".

I mean, every so often you'd get the "let's all save the Earth" speech, but most people were there to play their new single and generate record sales. I honestly don't see why Axl would get involved by saying anything along the lines of what you're saying.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2007, 10:34:11 PM »

wow youve done so much for the world... you want an award or something. How about instead of that worthless nonsense you use that petrol your saving to drive someone to work so they dont have to walk 4 miles, or drive toa homeless shelter. The most prevalent greenhouse gas is water vapor by the way, what are you doing to cut down on water vapor. Youve done nothing, youre efforts were worthless, give it up and do something actually meaningful like helping someone.

This concert was the most hypocritical nonsense ever. It wasted so much energy. Its like having an event to raise forest fire awareness by starting a forest fire. If Axl was smarter he would have said, "I didnt do this concert because it is retarded and Al Gore is fat and uses more energy than 24 average americans combined."

I honestly don't believe the majority of the artists on this bill were even there for the "cause".

I mean, every so often you'd get the "let's all save the Earth" speech, but most people were there to play their new single and generate record sales. I honestly don't see why Axl would get involved by saying anything along the lines of what you're saying.

Exactly, Al Gore, said the first person to call him up was Jon Bon Jovi. Well, hell, who do you think contribued to global warming with all that damn hairspray in the 1980s? hihi

axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2007, 12:17:39 AM »

ok, talking hairspray, i've probably single handedly caused global warming then!

but i agree, you do have to question the intentions of some of the performers at a thing like this.  i'm sure alot of them are concerned about the effects of global warming, most people are, but i bet their own personal gain was also a motivator in them doing the show. 
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2007, 09:27:06 AM »

I just got the irony of a band like Spinal Tap doing the Live Earth gig!

rofl rofl

Apparantly, they wrote a new song specially for it!

rofl rofl  rofl

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2007, 11:09:56 AM »

I just got the irony of a band like Spinal Tap doing the Live Earth gig!

rofl rofl

Apparantly, they wrote a new song specially for it!

rofl rofl  rofl

Did you see their performance? It was hilarious. I didn't think they could top the "We truely believe Freddie would've wanted it that way" comment from 1991 but they did!

Bringing out all those bass players for "Big Bottom" was priceless. It would've been funny on it's own but the fact that it came about 3 hours after that ridiculous "Drummer thing" done by Chad Smith and everyone else made it even better.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2007, 08:30:14 PM »

Personally I feel that it was just as well GNR didn't do Live Earth. GNR is huge enough on its own and does not need the publicity, and Axl is well capable of expressing political views on his own, if he wants. No need to jump on the wagon like everyone else.

Today it seems like it's PC that major bands turn up at these events or else they're just arrogant and selfish. That's totally wrong in my mind. For a band's integrity, if they choose to get involved in charity and stuff like that at all, I think it's better to do it low-key and not make a big deal of it. Pearl Jam is one example of a band with great integrity that has done lots of stuff for children in need and other important issues without (as far as I know) doing mainstream, big events like Live 8 / Earth.

I was so happy when I saw the pictures on this forum of Axl visiting a local hospital's children care unit, without it being headline news all over the world.

(It must be mentioned, though, that I don't like the ignorant masses, and I don't want the bands I like to give the average, Rihanna and Black Eyed Peas-digging Joes a treat. If you're not a GNR fan, you don't deserve to experience their show.)
she-ra
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2007, 10:46:12 PM »

wow, the same style as axl  Grin
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2007, 04:23:41 PM »

Personally I feel that it was just as well GNR didn't do Live Earth..........I don't want the bands I like to give the average, Rihanna and Black Eyed Peas-digging Joes a treat. If you're not a GNR fan, you don't deserve to experience their show.)

couldn't have said it better myself
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2007, 04:33:30 PM »

If you're not a GNR fan, you don't deserve to experience their show.

Why not?

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2007, 11:54:45 PM »

because gnr shows are so few and far between that we hardcore fans would rather have the place packed with people like us, fanatics, not people that would only be into the "popular" songs                                           
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2007, 02:14:11 AM »

News flash, I think most of the people going to the shows these days are only interested in the oldies. Not many people, save for the hardcore fans, seem to say, "God I hope they play CD and not SCOM"

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2007, 03:29:00 AM »

because gnr shows are so few and far between that we hardcore fans would rather have the place packed with people like us, fanatics, not people that would only be into the "popular" songs? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I've been to many wonderful shows that have made me a fan of some band, and in retrospect I don't think I would've liked them if they didn't do the show just because they thought the crowd didn't consist of hardcore fans.

I think it would've been nice to see them do LE, but I do understand completely that they couldn't.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2007, 03:47:19 AM »

Exactly, if band's only ever played to their hardcore fans how would they grow?  I know some people like their favourite band to stay underground and not "sell out", but come on - this is Guns N' Roses, not Immortal or something.

And re: charity gigs/ publicity:

But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing (Matt 6:3

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2007, 03:50:33 AM »

Sorry, but what does that Psalm mean? I can't figure it out. Huh

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2007, 03:54:53 AM »

Sorry, but what does that Psalm mean? I can't figure it out. Huh