Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Live Earth Press Release
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Live Earth Press Release  (Read 19857 times)
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2007, 03:58:12 AM »

Its not a Psalm Wink

But its basically about when you give you shouldn't make a big song and dance (pardon the pun) about it and parade your generousity.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2007, 06:03:07 PM »

^^that is so true.  and alot of these "charity" concerts seem to be just a way for some performers to make themselves look good.  i'm sorry, but what did live earth do?  wasn't it supposed to be for the environment, but look at the tons of electricty and such wasted to put on the show.  doesn't seem too "green" or "anti-global warming" to me. 
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »

^^that is so true.? and alot of these "charity" concerts seem to be just a way for some performers to make themselves look good.? i'm sorry, but what did live earth do?? wasn't it supposed to be for the environment, but look at the tons of electricty and such wasted to put on the show.? doesn't seem too "green" or "anti-global warming" to me.?

It's for awareness that we are destroying the planet and individual people can make changes to help.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »

I thought it was all about if Guns N' Rosess were performing or not.

See, with Live Aid 85, the crowd had no idea who would be performing - people were there for the cause first!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2007, 07:10:24 AM »

See, with Live Aid 85, the crowd had no idea who would be performing - people were there for the cause first!

i don't think you believe that yourself
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2007, 07:14:40 AM »

i don't think you believe that yourself

No I really do believe that people thought that it was all about Guns N' Roses performing.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2007, 07:19:14 AM »

Not all of us!? ?Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »

Not all of us!? ?Grin

Grin Well, lets just say, it seemed to be a more powerful event, for some reason.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2007, 07:32:49 AM »

Not all of us!? ?Grin

Grin Well, lets just say, it seemed to be a more powerful event, for some reason.......

Yeah, it did.? Possibly because it was the first of its kind on such a large scale, whereas these days there seems to be some sort of charity/memorial event practically every few months - (maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Oh and forgot to say earlier...White Rabbits!? ?Cheesy

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2007, 07:45:33 AM »

And to you!  rofl

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2007, 09:26:25 AM »

Live Aid also had a better line-up, of course.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2007, 12:57:07 PM »

live aid 85 kicked the shit out of live earth.  and the concert itself did benefit the cause.  the money earned went directly to fight famine, sending food and fresh water, etc to the impoverished areas of africa, making for immediate relief.  the money for live earth will more then likely go to research, they may or may not do any good.  live earth seemed more like a pagaent for certain pop stars then a benefit.  and i think the spontanaety of live aid made it seem more sincere too.  when certain artists just show up to do a show it means more in my eyes.

you don't need a concert to be aware of global warming.  it's all around us, just watch the climate and such where you live, chances are your seasons and such are getting strange, they are here in northern america.  plus there is no proof that any one thing can stop or slow or reverse it.  they "experts" aren't even sure what causes it or what will stop it.  and there is scientific proof that it is a natural occurance, with some studies even suggesting that polution and green house gases may in fact be slowing it instead of aggrevating it.  the earth has been gradually warming since it's birth, the older the planet gets, the hotter the core gets, therefore warming the planet and atmosphere.  some scientists think the cover of smog and greenhouse gases may actually be acting as barrier to keep some heat from the sun out versus holding the earth's heat.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: