Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:23:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus to fill in for Thin Lizzy
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus to fill in for Thin Lizzy  (Read 24042 times)
hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »

THIN LIZZY: Pro-Shot Footage Of Entire HELLFEST Performance - July 25, 2011

Professionally filmed video footage of THIN LIZZY's entire performance at this year's Hellfest, which was held June 17-19, 2011 in Clisson, France, can be viewed below (courtesy of Arte [Association Relative ? la T?l?vision Europ?enne], a Franco-German TV network).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161106

watched a few minutes of the show and Richard seems to be having a lot of fun. its great to see him being highly featured as a lead guitarist.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2011, 06:42:20 PM »

THNKS FM

The Point This Topic:

RICHARD IS GN'R

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2011, 02:59:12 PM »

@richardfortus richardfortus   
Yes, i will make all scheduled Gn'R shows. Trying to figure out my schedule with Thin Lizzy. Priority remains Guns n' Roses
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2011, 03:23:39 PM »

Yes, i will make all scheduled Gn'R shows. Trying to figure out my schedule with Thin Lizzy. Priority remains Guns n' Roses

Thanks for posting.

As expected.... Smiley

I guess all the ones who were certain Richard had left because of Thin Lizzy must find something else to "worry" about.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2011, 03:26:50 PM »

I guess all the ones who were certain Richard had left because of Thin Lizzy must find something else to "worry" about.

give them 5 minutes... hihi
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2011, 03:54:01 PM »

Dedicated To:

''' THE HATERS N' TROLLS '''

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »

Glad he cleared that up, some people can't resist speculating and spreading rumors !

Btw going to see the TL show on Sunday in Belgium, last show of this tour & looking forward to see it...

Cheers

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2011, 12:02:55 AM »

give them 5 minutes... hihi

That is a SAD reality unfortunatly
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »

Great to hear it from the man himself! I wish GNR would tour for a year, but at the same time I know Richard loves the TL gig
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »

Great to hear it from the man himself! I wish GNR would tour for a year, but at the same time I know Richard loves the TL gig

And Tommy SA

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2011, 06:05:01 AM »

Richard must have been having the greatest time of his life... who's the musician that gets the luck to play with two of the biggest bands ever!
I would be really happy!

Thin Lizzy are certainly a band that i love as well!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2011, 06:43:42 AM »

That was a kick ass show last night, goosebumps all the way !!!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »

Video of the full interview with Richard has now been added.

Thin Lizzy new boy Richard Fortus is hoping that his Guns N?Roses duties are over in time for him to join up with Lizzy for their January tour **UPDATE ? VIDEO INTERVIEW**

August 8, 2011

Richard Fortus admits he is desperate to retain his place in Thin Lizzy when the band embark on their UK tour in the new year and he expects to have wrapped up a handful of Guns N? Roses dates in South American in plenty time to do both.

The GNR guitarist was drafted into the new Lizzy line-up last year when Vivien Campbell went back to Def Leppard and Fortus says he is having a blast playing with the band.

Chatting to Rock Radio DJ Tom Russell backstage at High Voltage Fortus joked he will be back if invited, with the band when they kick start their tour in the Glasgow Barrowlands in January after being wowed by stories of the famous Scottish venue by Lizzy singer Ricky Warwick.

?I certainly hope so,? said Fortus. ?We (GNR) are doing some shows in October but hopefully I?ll be free and clear by January.?

Warwick also admitted his delight at the current version of Lizzy being embraced by fans of the classic band. He said:

?It?s maybe not for me to say why that is but maybe the spirit is just right with this line-up and I think we approach it with the right heart and soul. Maybe growing up in Ireland helps me a bit as well ? I don?t know.

?We certainly put on one hell of a show and I think the Lizzy fans know it won?t ever be as good as it was with Phil (Lynott) but this is as good as it?s going to get. If they think that the job is done.?

Video: http://www.rockaaa.com/news/waiting-for-an-alibi-7268

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »

I know Rich says that his first priority is guns, but his being "desperate" to remain a touring member of Lizzy kind of makes you wonder.

Personally, I wouldn't blame him if he did leave guns. There are far too many silent years to expect any respectable musician to stay indefinitely.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2011, 05:50:04 PM »

I know Rich says that his first priority is guns, but his being "desperate" to remain a touring member of Lizzy kind of makes you wonder.

Personally, I wouldn't blame him if he did leave guns. There are far too many silent years to expect any respectable musician to stay indefinitely.

You do realize that after this interview was conducted he said his priority remains Guns N' Roses and that the "desperate" comment was one attributed to him by the writer of this story and not actually a direct quote from Richard, right?

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2011, 06:10:23 PM »

the "desperate" comment was one attributed to him by the writer of this story and not actually a direct quote from Richard, right?

Ali

Yeah, if you listen to the interview that is not what he says.  Here is how it goes...

Regarding the upcoming U.K. Thin Lizzy tour...

Richard are you going to be around for that?

Richard Fortus: I certainly hope so. Hopefully I'll be invited.

What about the Guns N' Roses thing, are there nothing on the cards with that at the moment?

Richard Fortus: We're doing some shows in S. America coming up in October.  But hopefully I'll be free and clear and we'll be back in January [with Thin Lizzy].

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2011, 07:22:59 PM »

After that interview was done, he said: Yes, i will make all scheduled Gn'R shows. Trying to figure out my schedule with Thin Lizzy. Priority remains Guns n' Roses

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2011, 06:55:04 AM »

Latest tweet from Rich, glad I was there ;-)

richardfortus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm58uEf--N8 http://fb.me/VJEheeF7
10 hours ago

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2011, 09:01:10 PM »

awesome version of Black Rose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DeDn28T0aw

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2011, 10:06:39 PM »

You do realize that after this interview was conducted he said his priority remains Guns N' Roses and that the "desperate" comment was one attributed to him by the writer of this story and not actually a direct quote from Richard, right?

Ali

Never thought too much about it.

Regardless, it kind of makes me wonder why he'd say that he hopes to be free and clear by January.

Since he says that Guns is his first priority, you'd think that Fortus would hope that the tour would last longer than 2-3 months.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: