Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:30:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus to fill in for Thin Lizzy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus to fill in for Thin Lizzy  (Read 24049 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2011, 10:12:31 PM »

I know Rich says that his first priority is guns, but his being "desperate" to remain a touring member of Lizzy kind of makes you wonder.

Personally, I wouldn't blame him if he did leave guns. There are far too many silent years to expect any respectable musician to stay indefinitely.

You do realize that after this interview was conducted he said his priority remains Guns N' Roses and that the "desperate" comment was one attributed to him by the writer of this story and not actually a direct quote from Richard, right?

Ali

Never thought too much about it.

Regardless, it kind of makes me wonder why he'd say that he hopes to be free and clear by January.

Since he says that Guns is his first priority, you'd think that Fortus would hope that the tour would last longer than 2-3 months.

No offense, but this goes to show that some people here will always look for some how, some way to twist things around so it comes out looking negative.

His priority is GN'R. End of story.

Ali
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »

I know Rich says that his first priority is guns, but his being "desperate" to remain a touring member of Lizzy kind of makes you wonder.

Personally, I wouldn't blame him if he did leave guns. There are far too many silent years to expect any respectable musician to stay indefinitely.

You do realize that after this interview was conducted he said his priority remains Guns N' Roses and that the "desperate" comment was one attributed to him by the writer of this story and not actually a direct quote from Richard, right?

Ali

Regardless, it kind of makes me wonder why he'd say that he hopes to be free and clear by January.

Since he says that Guns is his first priority, you'd think that Fortus would hope that the tour would last longer than 2-3 months.

No offense, but this goes to show that some people here will always look for some how, some way to twist things around so it comes out looking negative.

Ali

It's just strange that he would say that Guns is his first priority, but in the same breath say that he "hopes to be free and clear by January".

I don't think that most would have to look much to take notice of this.

Why not just say "if I'm free and clear come January, I'll be back with Lizzy?"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2011, 10:38:55 PM »

Ali

Ali

It's just strange that he would say that Guns is his first priority, but in the same breath say that he "hopes to be free and clear by January".

Tommy Dates
Dizzy Dates
Etc

You Not Have Info From GN'R

Bye

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2011, 10:48:01 PM »

First of all, he's being interviewed together with another member of Thin Lizzy. Of course he says "he hopes to come back together with them", that's being polite.

Second, don't you think Richard enjoys touring with Lizzy? I don't think he would've been doing that unless he has a really good time with those guys. He's already in GN'R, I seriously doubt he's out there with Lizzy just to earn a buck. When he's clearly having a blast touring with Lizzy, I see no problem with him saying he hopes to do more of it.

Him saying this doesn't mean he enjoys his stay in GN'R any less, it's just him hoping there's time to do both things. If one happens to collide with the other, GN'R is his priority.

I'm having a hard time seeing any problems here.

You see it because you want to see it...  Roll Eyes

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2011, 01:54:02 AM »

Ali

Ali

It was NOT in the same breath.  He was being interviewed with members of Thin Lizzy and said he hopes to be able to tour with them in January.  Later, realizing there was some confusion about his status with both bands, he said that he will make all future GN'R shows and that his priority is Guns N' Roses.  That was in a separate update he made himself on his own Facebook page.

Ali
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »

Ali

Ali

Dude, I don't even like Guns N' Roses, but you suck.

Super cereal.

A life.

Get one.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »

Ali

Ali

Dude, I don't even like Guns N' Roses, but you suck.

Super cereal.

A life.

Get one.

AjajAJja, Funny Moment

peace

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2011, 11:12:35 PM »

Thin Lizzy have recruited guitarist Damon Johnson (Alice Cooper, Brother Cane) to replace Richard Fortus on their forthcoming US tour with Judas Priest. Fortus will be on the road with Guns n Roses for the remainder of the year.

Upon his appointment with Thin Lizzy, Damon says, "The music of Thin Lizzy is the absolute biggest influence on my entire career; as a guitarist, songwriter, singer and performer I've been performing Lizzy songs since I started playing in bars in Alabama in 1987. To be even a small footnote on the list of great guitarists that have been in the band over the years is one of the highest accolades of my life. I am honored and beyond excited!!"

For more information on all Thin Lizzy dates please visit www.thinlizzyband.com

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2011, 05:19:53 AM »

You  HAPPY Now Huh

hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »

Pics from Thin Lizzy performing @ the Lokerse Feesten in Belgium July 30th

http://www.melodicpixels.eu/content/lokerse-feesten-2011-datsuns-thin-lizzy

Thanx to Christophe Ochal

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: