Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:59:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba fights with random dude
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba fights with random dude  (Read 22622 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2015, 09:36:29 PM »

Do you realize that you just wrote that 'Axl says a lot of thing'?

Not in terms of volume, but reliability.

I'm saying instead of just parroting back what Axl said, what do you, the poster reading this, think of the chances anything on the album will be something new done since DJ came aboard?

And I mean anybody reading this.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2015, 11:24:44 PM »

If DJ sends Axl 10, 4 min instrumental tracks.  Axl says they are great we could really use these one day, but never does....   Is DJ now allowed to take those same 10 songs and release them under one of his other bands?

The real question is.   Why would any of these guys want to create or turn over some of there a1, draw dropping, mind blowing material to Axl.   Knowing that it is just going to be shelved and god knows when it will be released ?

I have asked this same thing.

If I came up with something great, am I giving it to Axl to collect dust?  Literally any other avenue I choose gets it out quicker.

Somewhere, Robin Finck is sitting over drinks telling someone his tale of woe of having written some of the best stuff he ever came up with...12-15 years ago...and no one will ever hear it.

Just a guess, but I'd assume that anything recorded on Axl/Gn'R's dime belongs to Axl to use if he sees fit. However, if Tommy or Dj were to record material on their own dime and send it to Axl, I would think there would have to be a written or verbal agreement transferring ownership of that material so that it could potentially be used for a Guns' album by Axl.

For the most part musicians do not write music in the studio   inwould say most stuff is written at home or on a touring bus.   It's not like DJ says turn the recorder on I am just going to randomly make some thing up.   Or Axl says try that tape ready, I am going to start spitting out some random lyrics.   Most if not anything is already written.  Then comes the recording process

So I ask again

Why would anyone in the band write anything for guns n roses?   I personally think guns would be a great forum for a musician to get his work out to the masses and make some major money

But....

If your music is just going to sit on a shelf....

The way smaller percentage you would make getting your music out via one of your other bands, sure out weighs the zero percentage you would make with your stuff just sitting there.   Unless your in the dust collecting business

Personally, I would only ever turn over my draw dropping, top tier written work to Axl.  If there was a written guarantee that it would either be used right away on a studio album and I would be given royalties    Or if guns just bought my work for a shit ton of cash.  To use as they see fit

If neither of those above scenarios happend.   I would never turn over any material.  Save all the stuff for my other bands.  And just use guns as my high paying touring band.......     

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2015, 11:28:52 PM »

Do you realize that you just wrote that 'Axl says a lot of thing'?

Not in terms of volume, but reliability.

I'm saying instead of just parroting back what Axl said, what do you, the poster reading this, think of the chances anything on the album will be something new done since DJ came aboard?

And I mean anybody reading this.

I think there's a 50% chance of it being "brand new" material on the next release.

I don't think there's a question on whether or not that material exists, but what sort of songs they wanna use on the next release. By that I mean strictly Chinese-era songs, Dj-era songs or a combo.

Why do I think there exist songs by the current line-up?

- Tommy said three years ago there's a lot of new stuff written
- Axl's comment from last year
- Dizzy mentioned finishing up songs and sending material to eachother
- Richard said 6 months ago Axl was working in the studio
- Richard also said that the band had been working on material, excluding Ron. That, to me means post Chinese songs.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2015, 11:32:16 PM »

I think there's a 50% chance of it being "brand new" material on the next release.

I don't think there's a question on whether or not that material exists, but what sort of songs they wanna use on the next release. By that I mean strictly Chinese-era songs, Dj-era songs or a combo.

Why do I think there exist songs by the current line-up?

- Tommy said three years ago there's a lot of new stuff written
- Axl's comment from last year
- Dizzy mentioned finishing up songs and sending material to eachother
- Richard said 6 months ago Axl was working in the studio
- Richard also said that the band had been working on material, excluding Ron. That, to me means post Chinese songs.

You make a case.

I may not totally agree with it, but this is the sort of thing I was going for.  Finding who thought what and why.

Good post, Spirit.  Hope like hell you are right.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2015, 08:58:41 AM »

He mentions "a few new things" when referring to the second half of Chinese ?We?ve worked more on some of those things and we?ve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese."

The "new things" pertain to the second half of Chinese.

Yes, but it says AND. Doesn't that imply that the songs from the Chinese era have been worked on AND they wrote new things?
Otherwise all those songs altogether are new things.

If you want to say every song is new you'd say something like: We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We?ve worked more on some of those new things?
Why would you mention songs recorded during the Chinese sessions and specify new things if you're not talking about the same bunch of songs? Seems like he's talking about two batches of material that could end up on the same album.

You want to discuss things?

OK, let's try again.  You ducked it the first time, perhaps you can catch it on the rebound.

Do you think there is much chance any sort of Rose/Ashba type song has been done in the past 5 years and would find its way onto the next album?

This is not hard.  Its a yes/no question.  This is not a court of law, and no one is going to carve it in stone.

But if you are going to get this charged up when someone tells you they think its a pipe dream, I think it only fair you go on record with what your read is.

Yes...or no?

Didn't duck anything. Kinda hard to have a serious discussion with somebody who states his wrong opinion as facts and runs away when proven wrong.

Define a Rose/Ashba song.
If Dj writes a solo to a pre-existing Axl Rose song, is that a Rose/Ashba song? If Axl uses a riff Dj wrote for a part in a song, is that a Rose/Ashba song?
See, your "simple yes/no question" isn't as simple as you imply.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2015, 03:38:17 PM »

If Dj writes a solo to a pre-existing Axl Rose song, is that a Rose/Ashba song? If Axl uses a riff Dj wrote for a part in a song, is that a Rose/Ashba song?

Except...it is.

Do you think, on whatever the next album will be...there a song written/worked on/recorded 2009 or beyond?

What it's gonna be, boy...yes...or...no?

In case you still are going to claim all this alleged confusion, let me spell it out.  I think any new album doesn't have anything that wasn't done in the CD sessions, YEARS ago, pre-DJ. 

Do you agree, or disagree?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2015, 03:44:24 PM »

Except...it is.

Do you think, on whatever the next album will be...there a song written/worked on/recorded 2009 or beyond?

In case you still are going to claim all this alleged confusion, let me spell it out.  I think any new album doesn't have anything that wasn't done in the CD sessions, YEARS ago, pre-DJ. 

If there ever is a next album and DJ is still in the band when it comes out.   He will have a presence on the album......   I highly doubt it will be anything musically wise DJ brought in.   But rather him adding parts here and there to already written songs.... 

Why would they want to write new music anywYs, when they have all this content already recorded?

Also....

As much as DJ has grown on me and I think he does bring lots to the band.  TheBaconmans head would probably explode if I read some place that Axl wanted more Ashba and less Buckethead!!!! 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2015, 04:39:48 PM »

He mentions "a few new things" when referring to the second half of Chinese ?We?ve worked more on some of those things and we?ve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese."

The "new things" pertain to the second half of Chinese.

Yes, but it says AND. Doesn't that imply that the songs from the Chinese era have been worked on AND they wrote new things?
Otherwise all those songs altogether are new things.

If you want to say every song is new you'd say something like: We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We?ve worked more on some of those new things?
Why would you mention songs recorded during the Chinese sessions and specify new things if you're not talking about the same bunch of songs? Seems like he's talking about two batches of material that could end up on the same album.

You seem to be implying he means new "songs", he doesn't say that, he says "a few new things."

All while talking about "the second half of Chinese."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2015, 04:50:44 PM »

Except...it is.

Sigh, it is not that black and white, let me explain-

If you come along when the song has been finished and you tweak a couple things then NO, you don't need any kind of writing credit and should just get over yourself. That's not writing, that's fine tuning - it's editing. And an editor of a paper doesn't get writer credit for the article they are working on - the author gets that credit.

If you make significant changes or additions to a song that majorly impacts the meaning of a verse or causes a drastic shift in the story, then yes, you deserve some writing credit.

I think it is almost a certainty that DJ has contributed toward some of the material, to what degree remains to be seen.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2015, 05:18:09 PM »

Well big girl, I disagree.

And once again, you're talking in circles and talking about different things.
Which one is it? Dj/Axl compositions or songs worked on after 2009?

They might not be the same thing.
Everyone can see that.

To clarify, unlike you, I don't claim to know to what degree Dj's contribution will be on GN'R's next release. I wouldn't be surprised if he's featured.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:46:52 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: