Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:44:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba fights with random dude
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba fights with random dude  (Read 22631 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 05:41:13 PM »

For me, DJ reminds me of how the classic lineup looked. There is a coolness factor. I had a much bigger issue with Buckethead and Robin being in the band.
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 08:47:40 PM »

I totally agree with you dragun. Buckethead is grest but on his own and as for Robin I wasn't really a fan of his.
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2015, 10:18:53 PM »

Ya I also agree...I think DJ and Richard are a perfect fit for GNR...both sound and image.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
italian queen
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 06:24:06 AM »

He deserves a smack for that hair...jesus..
I'm not sure why so many people are so critical of dj's fashion?? Whether you like it or not...who cares how he dresses. He's in his 40's and dresses the way HE wants. Who are you to say how a grown man should look or dress?? It's amazing how many people on here and especially mygnr put so much time and effort into critsizing what DJ wears...it's pretty ridiculous. I'm in my mid 30's, covered in tattoos, have similar hair and dress similar to DJ. I love that I'm comfortable enough to be myself and not dress the way people like you think I should dress. If you think people like myself or DJ deserve to get slapped because of our choice of clothes or hairstyle it's quite pathetic and I feel sorry for you.  ok
Relax, we're just talking and having some fun.
It seems that ashba is a member of your family!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:17:24 AM by italian queen » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 07:10:35 AM »

It has nothing to do with his appearance. ( although I find it almost comical he wears a top hat and ONLY wears it on stage with GNR no less)

Like somebody else said he is just an easy target because he plays in a band called Guns N Roses and hasn't performed on one Guns N Roses song ... Ever.

I'm not a musician but by all accounts he's also the weak link in terms of pure guitar talent.

So again, for the most part it's not his look that people are upset about.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 07:44:22 AM »

If he's so talentless why would Nikki Sixx & Axl Rose hold him in such high regard. Personally I think he's great on stage and all my friends who saw him agreed. He is a cool guy and to my ear sounds the most like the original recordings. His solo spots are also very good. Tuneful & catchy which is blessed relief after the god awful noise Robin used to play.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 11:09:14 AM »

If he's so talentless why would Nikki Sixx & Axl Rose hold him in such high regard. Personally I think he's great on stage and all my friends who saw him agreed. He is a cool guy and to my ear sounds the most like the original recordings. His solo spots are also very good. Tuneful & catchy which is blessed relief after the god awful noise Robin used to play.

I don't think he's talentless... I'm just indifferent about him. If he is ever part of the GNR discography then I would really start to judge him.

I was just giving some examples as to why so many people seem to be down on him, but obviously there is a reason why they make so many different flavors of ice cream. To each their own.

And I gotta tell you... I'd be very annoyed if he blew that smoke in my face too : )

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 11:44:42 AM »

I like his solo spots a lot.  Some of his work on the solos in GNR songs?  Iffy, at times.

I just totally reject the "he's such a poser" arguments.  This is a band that came up with guys named Slash and Duff, for god's sake.  And they had all the same very choreographed poses in photos with liquor and whatnot. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 12:03:19 PM »

I like his solo spots a lot.  Some of his work on the solos in GNR songs?  Iffy, at times.

I just totally reject the "he's such a poser" arguments.  This is a band that came up with guys named Slash and Duff, for god's sake.  And they had all the same very choreographed poses in photos with liquor and whatnot. 

Yeah I don't care about anything he does really except please leave the Hulk Hogan ears to Terry Bollea.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 12:13:18 PM »

Yeah, the Hulk ears are lame.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 12:18:01 PM »

The big difference being the clear talent Slash/Duff possessed.
The jury is still out in regards to what DJ?s strengths are. We?ve only seen him in GN?R as a performer, and while he does bring energy to the show, his playing is less than stellar in my opinion.

One may question Slash?s attire, but no one ever questioned his work ethic or talent.

DJ is a busy man with multiple bands, his art and whatever else he?s into.
It?s obviously working out very well for him, but it?s not hard to understand where the criticism stems from.
He has the impossible task of living up to a living legend, and he?s brought a knife to a gun fight.
I liked the sound of a more blues based guitarist joining the ranks when he was hired, but based off what I?ve seen so far, he is broke man?s Slash, at best.

Buckethead had big shoes to fill as well, but no one could question his work ethic or technical ability.

When I first saw Buckethead and Finck onstage, I though Axl turned GN?R into a train wreck freakshow.
I was pretty horrified. Didn?t help that it was probably a great performance to miss(VMA?s?).
Then I heard The Blues, and thought is sounded great. In the end, no one really gives a shit what the guys on stage look like.
But if you don?t like the music they are playing, their ridiculous attire does provide ammo for some harmless light hearted ribbing.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »

Also, Slash & Duff's near death experiences with drugs and alcohol are pretty well documented.
Don't think they were posing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:27:50 PM by LongGoneDay » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »

Also, Slash & Duff's near death experiences with drugs and alcohol are pretty well documented.

Yeah, but then many people with similar problems don't show it so openly.
Whether it was posing or not, I have no idea. But it sure fit the image of the band at the time, to be so open with drinks and so on.

It seems that ashba is a member of your family!!

Would you say what you post on the Internet to his face?
"Having fun" indeed. If we were talking that way about you, would it still be "fun"?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:04:00 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »

Yeah, but you know what I mean.  Pics where DJ has the alcohol bottle strategically placed.  People get on him for that.

Slash didn't do the same thing though?

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 02:01:40 PM »

Yeah, but you know what I mean.  Pics where DJ has the alcohol bottle strategically placed.  People get on him for that.

Well Slash and Duff were in their early twenties and out of their minds. Maybe they played it up, but it also nearly killed them.
They had to prop Slash up for at least one shoot.

DJ being in his 40?s is probably a bit old to be promoting that lifestyle, but yea, I agree it?s not a big deal at all.
Maybe DJ's a raging alcoholic and it?s not an act.

Regardless, I think that stuff only comes into focus for some because of the shoes and situation he stepped into, and much of it is out of his control.
italian queen
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »

Would you say what you post on the Internet to his face?
"Having fun" indeed. If we were talking that way about you, would it still be "fun"?

/jarmo

so no one can joke here? shall we only say wonderful words to all of them? even if we don't like something so simple like a hat? I'm not saying bad things to any of the gnr members and above to any of the users here.. I only said "yes" and put a simle under someonelse's post.
Then "mr JeffK" came and said that we're pathetic and other nice things like this.
so who's the bad one?

I'm the firts to say that sometimes my hats are terrible. and non only hats...
but I'm Italian, maybe I have a different sense of humour.. and of course I have another sense of style. or better, I have style!!!! (Uh I'm making some fun here, don't take it too seriously)

I if should fight with everyone who says that my idol axl is fat, with the voice of a dead mouse, terribly dressed, with horrible hair, etc. I woulkd have no time to do anything else during the day (and the night).

ok ok,  I promise I won't say anything negative here.
I'll type only hearts, smiles, and stuff like that.
just like a teen-age fan of One Direction.

love wow gnr!! I love them. greatest band in the world. fantastic,  they're the best  love love love love love love love love love love love love love love

is that ok?
I'm not a troll, just a fan and I'm mature enough to discuss peacefully of what I like and of what I dislike of this band.

I didn't know this way a "one way" forum.
for the ancient latins, "forum" was a physical place where you could meet other people and discuss Wink

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:27:53 PM by italian queen » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 03:27:50 PM »

I'm just saying that some are quick to point out things they don't like because it's the Internet...

Regarding the rest of your post, whatever. For a person who's so into "having fun", joking and commenting on things, constructive criticism aimed at yourself is met with silliness. Expected.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
italian queen
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2015, 03:33:36 PM »

ok the silly italian user is going some where else.
ciao ciao

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2015, 03:52:45 PM »

For me the issue is one of authenticity.  When Slash had a bottle of Jack on stage, I got the impression it?s because he really likes Jack.  With DJ, I get the impression he?s hawking these products, (Monster Energy, AshbaSwag, etc.) and maybe he really likes them too, but the impression I get is he?s trying really hard to look the part of a rockstar (flip off camera, do Hogan ears, drink Jager, repeat).  It just comes more naturally to guys like Slash and Duff.

Then throw in the mix that, with Guns, he plays all songs created by others, and it just adds to the authenticity equation.  Note: I am not a DJ hater...I like his solos (especially BOD) and some of his work with Sixx AM. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »

ok the silly italian user is going some where else.
ciao ciao

Suddenly this seems highly ironic:

Not so much fun when the tables are turned?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: