Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:20:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses: The Real Story Behind Their Return
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses: The Real Story Behind Their Return  (Read 31772 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2016, 07:11:27 PM »

Time and money.   
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2016, 07:13:45 PM »

Baconman, my situation is a good example.  I learned my lesson 10 years ago when I saw  Axl at the very first Hammerstein Ballroom show. It was after work. I took the subway and then walked to the Hammerstein. I had to stand for the entire concert. I  had to  take the PATH back to NJ, which is a mini subway from NYC to Hoboken. I had  to walk to my car, which I parked far. The next day I couldn't walk. The following day I was walking with a limp. I didn't  feel better until that the following Tuesday.

Part of my disability is that I was born with club feet along with a short left arm. The docs reconstructed my knees and ankles to correct it. As a result, I can't be too much or little on my feet.   I have to find the balance. Since then, I've avoided going to any club shows for any band. It doesn't make me any less of a fan. It's just that a medical condition that I have limits me to going to any show that involves standing for the entire night.

If have also been in many discussions here where you have said concerts are too late

Where you have said you can't take time off work off to see these shows.... 

So it's still time and money

I am sure if you had enough money and didn't want to deal with crowds or anything.  You would find a way.   

Baconman, I have said in the past due to time and money for other people. At this point in my life, the time is more of an issue for me than money since I'm single with no wife and kids. I do have my career to think about since I work in a fast-paced, deadline driven company. However, I will be at the MetLife show.  When GNR comes to MetLife Stadium, I'll be willing to spend the money depending on if I'm going by myself or friends.  As far as finding a way if I had money in dealing with crowds, I don't think so. There is a lack of education regarding accessibility issues for people with disabilities in the U.S. Granted things have improved but there is still more that needs to be done. 

So you plan on going to a show.    Cheers!   

That is great.  Hope to see you at a future show and I will buy you a drink.     

Sounds good! Likewise!
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2016, 07:14:50 PM »

I'm tickled by the number of people here who've decided they're the arbiters of what makes someone a fan. I assume the next step in determining who's a "real" fan will be the required submission of tax returns and weekly schedules.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2016, 07:17:21 PM »

I'm tickled by the number of people here who've decided they're the arbiters of what makes someone a fan. I assume the next step in determining who's a "real" fan will be the required submission of tax returns and weekly schedules.

If you don't have the money or time you don't have to go to a show

But if you have both.  And choose not to go to a show.   Your not a fan

Why wouldn't you want to go to a show if you had both the time and money?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2016, 07:19:52 PM »

This is a very aggressive stance I think. Not sure why this matters really.

You say "most of these people" will be judging the shows by listening to bootlegs. Is this really a big deal?

I mean, here we talk about all the shows they do, all over the world and most of them (the ones we didn't attend ourselves) we use the youtube clips as our source.

None of us attend all the shows, except Jarmo... Tongue

If there's a live stream of Coachella, I can guarantee a live thread full of comments from people sitting at home watching.

If I could attend all shows I would.  

People that can go to just one show that don't.  Blow me away.  

Unless you don't have the time or money.  

But if you have that.  Then don't go.  Then come online after just listening to bootlegs of the show.  Then try and give an opinion on it.  Or a review.   Beat it

And there are lots of people like that

There are also lots of people with personal situations that do just fine and seem to make concerts.  I am not a fan of telling your personal situations online.    If I was to start about mine we would be 20 pages deep.  At the end of the day it's just an excuse as to why you can't.     There is no "cant" in my life

You're not a fan of telling your personal situations online, but yet you demand people to do it?

Ultimately this boils down to "if you weren't there, you can't say anything about it", right? In my mind this must be the smallest of "problems" in the world.. Just ignore the posts by people who weren't there if their opinions are illegitimate to you. Quick fix.

You will have to do a lot of filtering come the tour I'll tell you, because I can guarantee a wall of opinions by people who watched the youtube clips from the shows they didn't attend themselves.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2016, 07:31:35 PM »

This is a very aggressive stance I think. Not sure why this matters really.

You say "most of these people" will be judging the shows by listening to bootlegs. Is this really a big deal?

I mean, here we talk about all the shows they do, all over the world and most of them (the ones we didn't attend ourselves) we use the youtube clips as our source.

None of us attend all the shows, except Jarmo... Tongue

If there's a live stream of Coachella, I can guarantee a live thread full of comments from people sitting at home watching.

If I could attend all shows I would.  

People that can go to just one show that don't.  Blow me away.  

Unless you don't have the time or money.  

But if you have that.  Then don't go.  Then come online after just listening to bootlegs of the show.  Then try and give an opinion on it.  Or a review.   Beat it

And there are lots of people like that

There are also lots of people with personal situations that do just fine and seem to make concerts.  I am not a fan of telling your personal situations online.    If I was to start about mine we would be 20 pages deep.  At the end of the day it's just an excuse as to why you can't.     There is no "cant" in my life

You're not a fan of telling your personal situations online, but yet you demand people to do it?

Ultimately this boils down to "if you weren't there, you can't say anything about it", right? In my mind this must be the smallest of "problems" in the world.. Just ignore the posts by people who weren't there if their opinions are illegitimate to you. Quick fix.

You will have to do a lot of filtering come the tour I'll tell you, because I can guarantee a wall of opinions by people who watched the youtube clips from the shows they didn't attend themselves.

No.

We are talking about people with the time and money to see a show and choose not to go

That's it

It's very simple,e
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2016, 07:33:54 PM »

Man, I'd be really upset by your affirmed disjunct if you were actually in charge of deciding who's a fan. Since you're not, though, I'm going to have a sandwich.  peace

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Homefuck
Opening Act

« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2016, 07:37:24 PM »

I had no idea that these laws applied when you call yourself a "fan".
Thanks for the enlightenment  Roll Eyes
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2016, 07:42:02 PM »

Your welcome

Please tell me if you do have the time and money to see show.  Why you don't?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2016, 07:48:18 PM »

We are talking about people with the time and money to see a show and choose not to go

That's it

It's very simple,e

But the examples given earlier shows that it's not always that simple.

It's not always black and white.

Sweetness is a virtue
Homefuck
Opening Act

« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2016, 07:52:31 PM »

Your welcome

Well, there may be a thousand reasons, I'll give you a few from the top of my head:
1. Love the music, doesn't care for live shows
2. Disability, physically or mentally
3. Can't get a babysitter
4. Want to save the money for future use (honeymoons, house, get kids through college- you name it)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2016, 07:58:24 PM »

Your welcome

Well, there may be a thousand reasons, I'll give you a few from the top of my head:
4. Want to save the money for future use (honeymoons, house, get kids through college- you name it)

So if you don't like seeing gnr live.  You are not a true fan

As for your 2-4.   It's a matter of money.  If you don't have the money.  That's fine
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2016, 07:59:34 PM »

#2 and #3 is not a matter of money...

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2016, 08:11:13 PM »

FYI:  I have seen GNR live in concert when I really didn't have the time or money to do so.  It truly is an experience that every fan should get to experience. 

And wishing happy birthdays to people
And what exactly does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Homefuck
Opening Act

« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2016, 08:23:03 PM »

Your welcome

As for your 2-4.   It's a matter of money.  If you don't have the money.  That's fine

2 and 3 isn't a matter of money and 4 is about priority of money.

So a true fan must enjoy live shows?
This is obviously a pointless discussion, but just so we get this clear:
In YOUR mind, a need to watch your favorite band live is a criteria to be a true fan.
Yet, this is highly subjective, but you're aware of that. Right?

(By the way, if I had the time and the money to see a GNR-show I would go, but I don't think I would be a lesser fan if I didn't)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2016, 08:42:28 PM »

Sure it is

If you have enough money.  You can book a whole section of seats for yo and your problems

If you have enough money.  You have no problem getting a babysitter.   Damn I have a nanny   Having kids is no excuse not to travel or see a concert.   Not having the money is.  Or time
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2016, 08:45:08 PM »

Your welcome

2 and 3 isn't a matter of money and 4 is about priority of money.

So a true fan must enjoy live shows?
This is obviously a pointless discussion, but just so we get this clear:
In YOUR mind, a need to watch your favorite band live is a criteria to be a true fan.
Yet, this is highly subjective, but you're aware of that. Right?

(By the way, if I had the time and the money to see a GNR-show I would go, but I don't think I would be a lesser fan if I didn't)

No

If you don't have the money or the time to see a show.  Your not less of a fan than anyone else

But

If you have the money and the time to see a show of your fav band.  And you don't!   

Your not a fan!   

Your a bum!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2016, 09:05:18 PM »

Sure it is

If you have enough money.  You can book a whole section of seats for yo and your problems

So in your mind, in order to be a true fan, certain people are expected to use many, many times the amount of money compared to others in order to see a show.

The money bar is a lot higher if you have some sort of "problem"....

If you have a medical condition, you better make sure you're damn rich, or else you can never be a "true fan".

It's ridiculous.

Look, I agree with you that if you have the time and money AND there's nothing else stopping you, I can't see a reason not to attend a show.

I don't see why you took this bizarre stance about judging who's a "true fan" or not. It's like "tell me why you won't attend the show, and I'll decide if you can be called a fan or not".

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2016, 09:09:33 PM »

Sure it is

So in your mind, in order to be a true fan, certain people are expected to use many, many times the amount of money compared to others in order to see a show.

The money bar is a lot higher if you have some sort of "problem"....

If you have a medical condition, you better make sure you're damn rich, or else you can never be a "true fan".

It's ridiculous.

Look, I agree with you that if you have the time and money AND there's nothing else stopping you, I can't see a reason not to attend a show.

I don't see why you took this bizarre stance about judging who's a "true fan" or not. It's like "tell me why you won't attend the show, and I'll decide if you can be called a fan or not".

You see if you don't have the money.

You see if you don't have the time.

That's fine.   

But if you have both and choose not to see the shows.  Your not a fan. 

I can't afford to travel to every show so far.  But I can a couple,   

Sure wish I could afford and had the time to see them all. Blows my mind that people may have the means to see a show and just choose not to
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2016, 09:11:54 PM »

For fuck's sake.

Going to live concerts isn't some peoples' cup of tea.

No matter how much time and money they have.

Now, knowing the difference between your and you're... That's an important issue.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: