Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:13:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses: The Real Story Behind Their Return
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses: The Real Story Behind Their Return  (Read 31771 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 01:02:09 PM »

Honestly when it comes to rehearsing isn't it more important that the musicians at this point are doing most of the rehearsing together its not like axl doesn't know how to sing these songs he can come in a week or two before the shows start to go over ok this are the songs we are going to work with. right now its more about how whoever is involved with slash n duff to get on the same page and whos playing what parts. The reality is if Axl is there with the guys rehearsing at some point great but in the end is that really going to tell you how these guys will gel together thats really not going to happen until they hit that stage for the first time together and then i think everything else will naturally fall into place its not like he hasn't performed with these guys before.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 01:09:39 PM »

Honestly when it comes to rehearsing isn't it more important that the musicians at this point are doing most of the rehearsing together its not like axl doesn't know how to sing these songs he can come in a week or two before the shows start to go over ok this are the songs we are going to work with. right now its more about how whoever is involved with slash n duff to get on the same page and whos playing what parts. The reality is if Axl is there with the guys rehearsing at some point great but in the end is that really going to tell you how these guys will gel together thats really not going to happen until they hit that stage for the first time together and then i think everything else will naturally fall into place its not like he hasn't performed with these guys before.

Well the argument is Axl hasn't always sounded his best at the beginning of tours... so if he rehearsed with the band maybe that wouldn't be the case. I am not saying it really has one affect or the other...but that is what the next post is going to argue.

End of the day, only Axl and some medical professionals know what's best for preserving his pipes.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2016, 01:21:11 PM »

Very interesting read.  Thanks for posting.

That suggested pay split, if true, is more one sided than I thought it would be.  But, I suppose 25% of a shit ton of money is still a shit ton of money.

Thorned Rose said a similar thing a few weeks ago....that the split would be even.  I just didn't understand that comment and still dont.  This doesn't surprise me at all.  Do people really think after all these years, Axl is just going to drop down to equal partnership?  No way in hell.....and why would he?

Not saying that you think it should be equal, just referencing what Thorned Rose said
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:26:51 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »

Well the argument is Axl hasn't always sounded his best at the beginning of tours... so if he rehearsed with the band maybe that wouldn't be the case. I am not saying it really has one affect or the other...but that is what the next post is going to argue.

Yep.

And let's not forget he's also taken the stage the first nights of tours and said onstage he hasn't rehearsed whatsoever.  And then proved that fact.

This will be their highest profile show since...what, RIR III?  Lot of eyeballs, lot of wanting to see if buying tickets when they come to your town is going to be worth your while.

Have to keep in mind not everyone is as giddy as we are and will buy tickets sight unseen and regardless of how he sounds.  Most people will need at least some reassurance.  So him being ready to roll from song one, night one, will be big.  I think we all want this to be as successful as can be.

End of the day, only Axl and some medical professionals know what's best for preserving his pipes.

I'm not sure what to make of this part though.  

Are we saying that however he sounds the first night, we should assume that's as good as can be because he'll have done the prep work?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 01:30:07 PM »

Thorned Rose said a similar thing a few weeks ago....that the split would be even.  I just didn't understand that comment and still dont.  This doesn't surprise me at all.  Do people really think after all these years, Axl is just going to drop down to equal partnership?  No way in hell.....and why would he?

Not saying that you think it should be equal, just referencing what Thorned Rose said

Yeah, I recall that.  It was weird.

But also recognize he couches a lot of his stuff in terms of how things "should be".  That's rarely applicable when it comes to Axl, I've found.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2016, 01:38:16 PM »

That suggested pay split, if true, is more one sided than I thought it would be.  But, I suppose 25% of a shit ton of money is still a shit ton of money.

Meh...I think it's about right.

First of all....50% + 25% + 25% is the full monty  You, potentially, have 3, or 4, other guys who need to get paid, somehow.  I'm assuming that Axl foots the bill for those guys.  Would make sense, right?

And, at the end of the day, all things considered, I agree with other posts here: I don't think Axl agrees to an equal partnership, IMHO.  MAYBE...I could totally be wrong....but I don't THINK so.  And I also don't think it's about the money, honey.  I think it's just about putting him in the CEO/leadership position and that's represented by the additional percentage (and his responsibility for getting the rest of the band members paid).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2016, 01:48:25 PM »

Meh...I think it's about right.

First of all....50% + 25% + 25% is the full monty  You, potentially, have 3, or 4, other guys who need to get paid, somehow.  I'm assuming that Axl foots the bill for those guys.  Would make sense, right?

And, at the end of the day, all things considered, I agree with other posts here: I don't think Axl agrees to an equal partnership, IMHO.  MAYBE...I could totally be wrong....but I don't THINK so.  And I also don't think it's about the money, honey.  I think it's just about putting him in the CEO/leadership position and that's represented by the additional percentage (and his responsibility for getting the rest of the band members paid).

Unless it's 50/25/25 on the money left over after everyone is paid, but I think your scenario is the more likely one.  Thing is, if Axl is paying the other band members out of his share, then I would assume he alone picks who else will be in the band.   
overmatik
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »

Yep, I was just about to say that. If Axl's supposed to be responsible for paying all the other guys in the band and even cover the production costs, it's fair to say he needs a big percentage. If Slash and Duff are getting 25% clear than it's not a bad deal at all.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2016, 01:52:14 PM »

I just really hope Axl does his homework, cause I'm sure Slash and Duff are.
The whole world will be watching this and since time is really tough on singers in general, he will sure have to prepare. This time the "i didn't rehearse at all. LOL" can get him into major trouble.
Not that I expect the 30 year old Axl, but I hope he takes this seriously.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2016, 01:54:07 PM »

Yep, I was just about to say that. If Axl's supposed to be responsible for paying all the other guys in the band and even cover the production costs, it's fair to say he needs a big percentage. If Slash and Duff are getting 25% clear than it's not a bad deal at all.

Does his 50% cover overtime costs?  Sorry, some schmuck was going to bring that up, why not me.   Grin

Agreed, if in fact Slash and Duff are getting 25% clean, that's a great deal for them.  
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »

Does his 50% cover overtime costs?  Sorry, some schmuck was going to bring that up, why not me.   Grin

Agreed, if in fact Slash and Duff are getting 25% clean, that's a great deal for them.  

It's a bloody fantastic deal for them.  Looks like it's a 3-way partnership and any other band alumni that show up will have their own side deals arranged, like Izzy has done a few times in the past.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2016, 02:24:06 PM »

Yep.

And let's not forget he's also taken the stage the first nights of tours and said onstage he hasn't rehearsed whatsoever.  And then proved that fact.

This will be their highest profile show since...what, RIR III?  Lot of eyeballs, lot of wanting to see if buying tickets when they come to your town is going to be worth your while.

Have to keep in mind not everyone is as giddy as we are and will buy tickets sight unseen and regardless of how he sounds.  Most people will need at least some reassurance.  So him being ready to roll from song one, night one, will be big.  I think we all want this to be as successful as can be.

I'm not sure what to make of this part though.  

Are we saying that however he sounds the first night, we should assume that's as good as can be because he'll have done the prep work?

I'm saying that maybe he knows if he pushes his voice for rehearsals he wont make it thru the whole summer... something like that.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2016, 02:35:44 PM »

Especially Duff... hes my favorite of the bunch... but if hes making equal to Slash... well that's like stealing for him !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2016, 02:38:54 PM »

I just really hope Axl does his homework, cause I'm sure Slash and Duff are.
The whole world will be watching this and since time is really tough on singers in general, he will sure have to prepare. This time the "i didn't rehearse at all. LOL" can get him into major trouble.
Not that I expect the 30 year old Axl, but I hope he takes this seriously.

Same here.

And sure don't want to hear how "rock n roll" it all is if he's not prepared vocally or flubbing lyrics.  Nor will the rest of the world think its so "rock n roll".  They'll rip him apart.

None of us want to see that.

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2016, 02:45:49 PM »

This was my thought exactly.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2016, 02:46:51 PM »

Agreed. If axl isn't 100 per cent vocally, he'll get destroyed. Most people I know are just itching to do it already!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2016, 02:54:22 PM »

Agreed. If axl isn't 100 per cent vocally, he'll get destroyed. Most people I know are just itching to do it already!

Everyone I have spoken to that has expressed interest in going would not buy a ticket today, if they could.  They are taking a wait and see.

They want to go, but will not go if those first few videos have him sounding poor.  Nor are they hip to the fact that Youtube is not reliable...at least as it pertains to Axl Rose.

I'm already fighting battles over Bridge School, Rock In Rio 2011, and Golden Gods and the DVD.  After awhile, people start to look at you as something of a kook, if not a straight up delusional apologist.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 02:56:11 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2016, 02:55:33 PM »

I would bet it is a 50/25/25 split of profits which means after production costs and after the rest of the band is paid.

Also, keep in mind that these figures are total rumors at this point.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Princess Leia
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2016, 02:56:13 PM »

Wow! I think you better get other kind of people around you if they are hoping that something goes wrong to destroy Axl  

That?s just low to say the least

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »

Wow! I think you better get other kind of people around you if they are hoping that something goes wrong to destroy Axl  

That?s just low to say the least

Don't look at it that way.  That implies Axl Rose still holds a great deal of their interest in 2016.  That they are really hanging on the outcome here.  Not really.

It's actually the opposite.  If they hear shitty vocals and see him struggling on stage, they just check back out.  They aren't going to listen to our impassioned pleas to ignore what they hear, insist its all fine, or how wild and dangerous it all is.

They are just going to say "eh...thanks, but no thanks, he's done."  That they were willing to give it a chance, but not now.  That sort of thing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: