Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wonder how Guns will arrive on the USA charts?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wonder how Guns will arrive on the USA charts?  (Read 12483 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2004, 01:24:27 PM »

Booker, my post probably should have been directed at Falcon, but he isn't around. These "modern" rock bands don't sell a lot. They just get a lot of hype from critics desperate for a truly great band.....none of which we have seen since the mid nineties. This is precisely the reason I don't want VR to go for that modern rock format (which they clearly have after hearing the sound of Slither). I believe the next big band to really make a difference will be more of a classic rock act. Just my opinion. Smiley

I dont know, I think youre a little too hung up on labels...

Call "Slither" 'modern rock' if you want, but all I hear is a cool riff, good vocals and a great guitar solo.  If thats "modern rock" then so be it - I could care less what its called.
madagas
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2004, 01:28:40 PM »

I hate the labels, that is my hang up! It is all rock and there is no difference. That being said, I wish Velvet would have gone for a little nastier sound...more raw like the White Stripes (sort of) or older 70's punk ala The Stooges. Slash may be too good of a player for his own good at this point...too much the professional. Undecided
sandman
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2004, 03:07:40 PM »

i know three people that bought the GH cd today. none of which i ever thought would.

i noticed a big display at target and saw people buying it there too. first week sales could be strong.

if CD were to come out in a month or two, this GH would probably help its sales. cause alot of people are thinking about gnr again. AND realizing how great there were, and how there's nothing out there like them.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2004, 10:50:11 PM »

This album is for casual fans, who only want one or two GNR albums.

The interesting thing is this album proves which countries GNR is biggest in, and the answer seems to be Norway, who woulda thunk it.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2004, 10:55:21 PM »

Booker, my post probably should have been directed at Falcon, but he isn't around.

I'm back madagas, I was sentenced to a week in Ohio for work...as Courtney Love says in her blistering single "Mono" , "Did you miss me?"

I digress..

I'll disagree on The Vines as well, hardly garbage but not a big seller, stateside at least.

GH should debut in the Billboard Top 40 somewhere, then fall quickly out of sight.  

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2004, 11:11:24 PM »

Booker, my post probably should have been directed at Falcon, but he isn't around.

GH should debut in the Billboard Top 40 somewhere, then fall quickly out of sight.  
Well actually according to that Hits Magazine article on page 1 the Greatest Hits is battling N.E.R.D's "Fly or Die" for the #4 spot in the charts. Think about it,N.E.R.D formerly known as the Neptunes is a group of musicians who are very "in" in the market and in the record industry and they're battling a band who hasn't released an album since 1993?Man you gotta admit,it is pretty amazing.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2004, 11:22:12 PM »

Second week sales on GH's records normally fall off dramatically 2nd week on, I expect the same with this..

It's an impressive chart position nonetheless..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2004, 12:14:10 AM »

If they would have sold 130.000 in the US this week, they would have entered at #2. Norah Jones is #1 with 147.000 copies sold. #2 is Cassidy with 117.000 copies sold. Josh Groban is # 10 with only 66.000 copies sold.

Exactly, they should've released it a week earlier in the states.
Yeah..if you made believe that Greatest Hits was the weeks only new release.  Usher will top next weeks chart.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
lisaoreflex
Opening Act

Loved Axl from the beginning.

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2004, 02:24:23 AM »

I think (hope) Axl is sitting on awesome stuff and waiting for the market to be just right again. Think about it, the tide shifted and is slowly ebbing back to eighties-ish rock or at least its becoming accepted again. I think it will be just a bit more time and then he will come out and open a giant can of awakening on the music industry like he did in the eighties. He - they revamped it all then and gave it a good kick in the ass. I believe it will happen again.  Because we all know Axl is the best ass kicker musically.

Music brings the world together in one united sound.
Let's unite and ROCK the world.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2004, 03:08:46 AM »

It will be in the top 5 for sure.  Good sign for things to come for new band.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: