Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:47:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Renato and Xoxi
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Renato and Xoxi  (Read 4897 times)
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: March 26, 2004, 01:38:05 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone was around and reading pre Rio 3 when these two were mouthing off on the Spanish/Brazilian forums (as they still are). Does anyone know the sort of garbage they were banging on about, out of interest? Cause I wonder what these two imparticular said that peed Axl off.

I do remember when someone wrongly related what Axl said about the new songs being played in London 2002 and he called Axl every name under the sun for not wanting to release Madagascar and The Blues (he actually said they weren't being considered as singles). I know these two people are absolute cunts from first hand experience, but I didn't read their shit pre-Rio.

Incidentally, if Chinese Democracy is not to be a single (thank God, lol), and if it is to be the title track of the first album, then I have to wonder why a comparatively weak, at least 3.5 year old song is doing on a new GnR album at all. It makes no sense.

First up, I don't understand why more artists don't take advantage of that fact that albums with a strong title track which does well as an early single, are far more rememorable and recognisable, especially a few years down the track.

Admittedly, Appetite's brilliance and huge success has ensured that it's name is recognised, but on the street, the recognition of 'November Rain' to 'Use Your Illusion' is probably 100:1.

Of course, the artistic reasonaing behind naming the double album so far outweighs any commercial gain through calling the album 'November Rain' or something but you get the point.

Just to be sure: Everyone knows Michael Jackson's Bad album, because it sold 25 million copies worldwide and the song Bad was a massive video and No.1 single all over the world. However, everyone thinks of Jackson as being washed up and in decline in the 90's, nevermind the fact that his 1991 Dangerous album has sold THIRTY million worldwide and had a bigger tour than Bad. But does anyone know the song Dangerous? Nope, cause it was one of the 5 out of 14 tracks not released as a single. Maybe if the album had been called Black or White, a song just as recognisable as any 80's hit, the album would be seen as it actually was.

Next point: Chinese Democracy is a comparatively weak song next to Mad and The Blues; songs which could sit up there with the best of Illusions. Axl said the first time it was played that "It's not a very intelligent song or anything...", well if he's spent loads of time in China and ben inspired by its shitty bloody history and oppressive government regime to write songs about it, and if one such song is to be the title track on the first new GnR album since 1991, I think it should be at least a little bit intelligent!! And a bit of musical depth and longevity wouldn't go amiss either. Maybe Axl's just got an iron fist and too much time for masturbation.

Next point, it's actually been a damn good while since it has been suggested in any official way that the first album, or that any album, is to be called Chinese Democracy. I think the 'CD starts now!' ads a few years back would be it. I wonder how many differen idea have passed through GnR since then, how many better songs that simply have knocked CD off the album. Maybe his current affairs album will be the second one. Axl said on radio that No.1 is to be vry dark and heavy, No.2 is to be something else, No.3 is to be yada yada (i forget!), maybe CD isn't personal enough, not introspectie enough to sit alongside al of the angsty stuff we'll no doubt be getting about 1993-200?.

If I got the chance to speak to Axl, one thing I would suggest which may not have occured, is that it would benefit the album immeasurably if it was not called CD. Think about it. Even if the album sold some insane amount like 10 million, for the rest of time it would still be called 'CD the album that took asshole Axl Rose only 10 years to finish'. The name CD just has so many negative connotations with it and if it were then also the title of an average song, as I've discussed above, no matter how well the album as a whole is recieved, it would be marred for all time.

Maybe Axl really does have songs like 'Catcher' and 'This I Love' which piss all over Madagascar, but I really find that almost impossible to believe, cause Mad is the most perfect, beautiful, eloquent song which for me, never ever wears out and I swer on my life I've played the Cleveland and Tokyo boots every fucking week, very often every single day, since the shows. Call the album Madagascar. Or anything but Chinese Democracy.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 01:51:34 PM »

While I agree with your sentiments about 'Madagascar', I totally disagree with you about changing the album's title. 'Chinese Democracy' is such a great oxymoron, and it's very relevant with the band's history. Also, I think the title track is very strong. It flat out kicks ass. You must not have any very good versions of it, or maybe you don't understand the lyrics, but it's a great song, definitely better than anything you'll hear on the radio at any given moment. But like I said, 'Chinese Democracy', as cliched as this may sound, is more of an idea, a revolution, if you will, than just two cool words put together. And I'm almost sure Axl came up with the title *before* he wrote the title track...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 02:03:20 PM »

because of the delays and the notoriety, the name "Chinese Democracy" will boost sales greatly. Axl may ultimately decide to change the name for a variety of reasons, but if he is interested in maximum record sales, it would be a good idea to keep the name since it is already widely known by the general public.

overall i am not a big fan of naming an album after a song on the record. I don't think it affects sales in the way you are suggesting.

regarding the song "CD", don't forget that all we have heard are live versions. Who can say how good the studio version is? The answer is no one, since it appears that it will never be released.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 02:47:53 PM »

Next point: Chinese Democracy is a comparatively weak song next to Mad and The Blues; songs which could sit up there with the best of Illusions.
I almost completely disagree with this assertion. Much to my dismay, people probably most associate GN'R with "Welcome to the Jungle." One of the secrets to commercialization seems to be that if you give people what they're expecting, they will like it even if it is the same as what you gave them before. I'm betting "Chinese Democracy" would be a huge single. It's also one of those big energy tracks that I think could probably be paralleled to Linkin Park's "Numb" in terms of commercial success, which has practically no lyrical merit to it at all.

"Madagascar" is basically two stanzas and a chorus, and I don't think the part with the voices will do very well for radio airplay. Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorite GN'R tracks; I just don't think it's the type of song that will be very successful on its own. It seems to be more of a quality album track, than one of the songs you use for a commercial basis. Also IMO, going from the energy of Jungle (at the VMA's) with everyone excited at the surprise experience to the slow/calm "Madagascar" was quite possibly the worst transition they could have chosen to make. The only way I can see "Madagascar" as a hit is if they turn in an awesome music video, and everyone's visual associations overshadow the actual song.

As far as I can tell, there's no reason why "The Blues" would not be good enough to carry Chinese Democracy as one of the best albums. If it's length (compared to "November Rain" and the two 5:55's) leads to more radio airplay, it could very well be GN'R's biggest hit.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 03:20:56 PM »

Incidentally, if Chinese Democracy is not to be a single (thank God, lol), and if it is to be the title track of the first album, then I have to wonder why a comparatively weak, at least 3.5 year old song is doing on a new GnR album at all. It makes no sense.

It's not too far a venture to have this song on the album due to how old it is.

There could be very easily songs on the album that are really, in essence, 5, 6, 7,even 8 years old. It could take a while to "perfect some songs", you know what I mean? Wink

And this tidbit of what you've said proves the many doubts people may have in regards to the songs sounding dated, since their inception could have been 10 years ago. We'll see...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 06:44:36 PM »

I definately think Chinese Democracy compared to Madagascar and The Blues is a fairly weak track for usual GnR standards, past or present. I agree with axlinger regarding changing the album title. I dont think it's entirely out of the possibility for the album title to have changed but for the sake of initial sales of pure curiosity of the general public as to just how exactly material 8 years in the making material is, it is best the album title stays intact. Perhaps the song Chinese Democracy has been scrapped since maybe Axl views it as to weak as well, after all, there is no requirment to have a song featured on an album with the same title. Sales in my opinion will be driven in the first week by us hardcore fans, then new fans who have purchased the Greatest Hits album and have a rough idea as to how great a band they once were with no idea possibly that it is not the same lineup. Finally over a period of time, depending on sales, the public as I said will purchase it out of pure curiousity as I said earlier, and the strengths of the first single.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 11:45:07 PM »

In this link, you can check a interview that this girl called Xozi gave to a brizilian site called Best of GN'R.

In english:
http://sti.br.inter.net/musetti/entre5ing.htm

In portugese:
http://sti.br.inter.net/musetti/entre5.htm

Maybe she was a little misunderstood by Axl, she don't seems to be a bad girl.

I don't have a fuckin' idea about who is Renato.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 11:50:14 PM »

She doesn't seem to be a bad girl--lmao--you weren't around back then.  In all fairness she seems to be  better these days.  Robin posts her pictures.

Wonder who's next?  Axl is a dangerous man with a mic in his hand.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 11:58:14 PM »

She doesn't seem to be a bad girl--lmao--you weren't around back then.  In all fairness she seems to be  better these days.  Robin posts her pictures.

Wonder who's next?  Axl is a dangerous man with a mic in his hand.

I said MAYBE

[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 05:05:05 AM »

I remember when chinesedemocracy.com was great board..xoxi was also there and she is really retarted asshole...

So it isn't very hard to understand that why Axl was pissed off...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 05:07:55 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2004, 05:35:12 AM »

Okay, I think I've changed my mind a little about the album title. CD is a good name for all the reasons given. But even without hearing the studio version, I've heard all the boots and tbh, I'd prefer a 50 minute album of pure gold than 80 minutes including relative filler. CD is better than your average radio manufactured wank, but that's not an excuse to use it. It's good b-side material, good live material, I think that's all.

Also IMO, going from the energy of Jungle (at the VMA's) with everyone excited at the surprise experience to the slow/calm "Madagascar" was quite possibly the worst transition they could have chosen to make.

I have to say, after studying it closely, I think that the lull was because everyone was going "God, what the fuck is wrong with his voice?!". The seate audience went nuts to begin with, but by the end of Jungle you can see some peoples' faces and they look sad/shocked/disappointed. By the end of Madagascar...I dunno, I find it really hard to watch. It's like a once proud ferocious lion without it's mane. He was trying so hard and clearly ecstatic after, but the celeb audience were deflated.

Even if the medley was a bad idea, the audience didn't hear Axl screaming 'I'm free of all the chains...' like we did at the live shows where you needed ear muffs. If they had heard that, I think they'd have probably been on their chairs at that point too.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2004, 09:38:32 AM »

I don't know what this thread is about, GN'R or Xozi? I suggest that if you want to talk about Xozi, don't do it in the GN'R section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2004, 01:26:04 PM »

Okay, I think I've changed my mind a little about the album title. CD is a good name for all the reasons given. But even without hearing the studio version, I've heard all the boots and tbh, I'd prefer a 50 minute album of pure gold than 80 minutes including relative filler. CD is better than your average radio manufactured wank, but that's not an excuse to use it. It's good b-side material, good live material, I think that's all.

Also IMO, going from the energy of Jungle (at the VMA's) with everyone excited at the surprise experience to the slow/calm "Madagascar" was quite possibly the worst transition they could have chosen to make.

I have to say, after studying it closely, I think that the lull was because everyone was going "God, what the fuck is wrong with his voice?!". The seate audience went nuts to begin with, but by the end of Jungle you can see some peoples' faces and they look sad/shocked/disappointed. By the end of Madagascar...I dunno, I find it really hard to watch. It's like a once proud ferocious lion without it's mane. He was trying so hard and clearly ecstatic after, but the celeb audience were deflated.

Man, what I've seen is everybody jumping like crazy, I didn't saw anybody with disapointed face.

[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: