Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:24:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What do you think Axl's excuses were.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you think Axl's excuses were.....  (Read 4610 times)
west_coast_offense
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 17, 2004, 04:19:18 PM »

when Slash, Duff, or any of the band members confronted him on why he was late or why didn't he show up??

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 04:20:46 PM »

when Slash, Duff, or any of the band members confronted him on why he was late or why didn't he show up??

Slash, duff and izzy were probaly too drunk or high to notice.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 04:24:01 PM »

According to Matt, they didn't confront him. Wink

And in the 90s, I remember them defending Axl and saying it was no big deal or something similar.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Leah_RocketQueen
Headliner

Wanna be Mrs.Duff!

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 04:24:18 PM »

I dunno, Axl propably thougth of some good reason. But like dave-gnfnr2k said, they were probably too messed up to notice.

If you want to find out what Axl said, maybe try readin some of the news articles on this site, there are some interviews and it might say.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 04:25:55 PM by Leah_RocketQueen » Logged

Don't You Cry Tonight
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 04:28:36 PM »

Feeding his cat.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 05:17:45 PM »

According to Matt, they didn't confront him. Wink

And in the 90s, I remember them defending Axl and saying it was no big deal or something similar.

/jarmo

that just proves all this bitchin' today is just bullshit, they all need to lean on Axl n' give him shit 'cause they have too, but seriously....they wont stop crying

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 05:31:31 PM »

Jarmo is right they didn't confront him. Matt stated this in the Behind the Music. While they waited for His Highness to arrive to the show they sat around and drank. By the times he did get there they were quite tanked! hihi

I really don't think they needed Axl to be late to get stoned or drunk.....they did that on their own quite fine. I still feel the other band members were the real problem back then..not Axl. Try getting anything done with a room full of drunks and druggies and see what gets done! I remember reading the articles and watching Behind the music....Slash would always say Axl had some ego trips or vanished etc. But many times even in the interviews Slash would be drunk. I don't know, maybe Im wrong but to me Axl is wrongfully villianized. But then again no one really knows what went on! Undecided

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 05:41:29 PM »

It was a group effort to tear the band apart.
His excuses for being late,are that he thinks he performes better at night.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 07:10:20 PM »

Axl has publicly stated that the reasons for these delays lie with him needing time to properly mentally prepare for the show ahead... it is understandable, but at the same time he is a professional and one could say that delays like this shouldn't have happened.

I could be 3 hours late for a meeting with a client at work that I am not prepared for, just to psyche myself up for it, but that would be unacceptable and wouldn't be tolerated. This is, in essence, what Axl is doing when he shows up hours late for shows.

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 10:56:30 AM »

Jarmo is right they didn't confront him. Matt stated this in the Behind the Music. While they waited for His Highness to arrive to the show they sat around and drank. By the times he did get there they were quite tanked! hihi

I really don't think they needed Axl to be late to get stoned or drunk.....they did that on their own quite fine. I still feel the other band members were the real problem back then..not Axl. Try getting anything done with a room full of drunks and druggies and see what gets done! I remember reading the articles and watching Behind the music....Slash would always say Axl had some ego trips or vanished etc. But many times even in the interviews Slash would be drunk. I don't know, maybe Im wrong but to me Axl is wrongfully villianized. But then again no one really knows what went on! Undecided

But on the other hand: There is a saying, something like: "You only get the totally honest truth from children, and.... drunk people!!"   ok

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
takeshi
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 02:04:01 PM »

I remember seeing an interview with Sebastian Bach who gave an account of on of Axl's late appearances when Skid Row were opening for GN'R.  He said that Axl was three hours late and everyone was going crazy looking for him and eventually Axl and Stephanie arrived and when Bach asked Axl were he had been, Axl replied, "I had to take a shower".

Not the most enlightening quote on the subject. Roll Eyes
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 02:12:18 PM »

coolman78SLASH ......LOL great words of wisdom!!! ok

Yeah Axl had his part in the bands demise! Being late like that would drive me insane!

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 02:12:35 PM »

I don't really think he gave them "excuses"...traffic jams? meditation? personal issues?

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 02:13:26 PM »

It is fascinating how none of them ever confronted him about something so serious.  With maybe the exception of Izzy before he left.  I can't believe that they didn't care even if they were wasted.  It just shows that they didn't want to rock the boat, that they were afraid of his response.  Pretty interesting stuff.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 04:49:33 PM »

the shower part probally wasn't a lie.and he wasn't alone in the shower too lol.most likely.thats what took so long eh'

the one an only horsey !
takeshi
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 04:51:07 PM »

It is fascinating how none of them ever confronted him about something so serious.? With maybe the exception of Izzy before he left.? I can't believe that they didn't care even if they were wasted.? It just shows that they didn't want to rock the boat, that they were afraid of his response.? Pretty interesting stuff.

Izzy made a fuss about Axl being late for shows and he was out of the band pretty quickly.  Is it really that surprising that the other guys just had a beer and waited for Axl to appear?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 05:05:54 PM »

Each band member has their own individual story on their fallout with Axl. Izzy's has said Axl wanted him to take a paycut, because he didnt feel Izzy was pulling his weight on tour.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 05:09:46 PM »

Axl was just to lazy to get off his ass. plenty of us are. some are just lazier then others.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: