Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:24:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Band Needs A New Approach
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Band Needs A New Approach  (Read 3276 times)
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« on: October 28, 2005, 02:13:19 PM »

The glory arena/stadium tours are behind GNR we can all agree with that. The public isnt as accepting to this new incarnation of the group.

I think Axl and company should shoot for critical acclaim. Small theatre tours with brand new setlists that entirely focus on the music. Singing Out Ta Get Me and Welcome to the Jungle at 43 just doesnt work anymore.

All artists change overtime, Axl stated time and time again that he isnt the 25 year old riff raff anymore so why did he come out in hip/hop clothing singing all the old songs??

He is the ultimate paradox. Songs like Estranged, Yesterdays and Patience still hold up well.

Now that I think of it the 2002 tour was beyond embarassing. We were just so hungry to see him we didnt care what he looked or sounded like, what he played..etc

I think we as GNR fans are slowly maturing and we are craving something else now. Or at least I am.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 02:22:55 PM »

i can't see gnr doin a theater tour.
they need to get the cd out, and if the music is good, the music will do the talkin and set the bar for what kind of audiences they'll be playin.

Chinese Democracy!
fartinabag
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 03:01:01 PM »

I still want to hear WTTJ.  I think that once CD is released they wont have problems with attendance like in 2002.
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 03:27:09 PM »

I just dont think this band needs to do big elaborate tours with huge videos and huge productions. That trend is worn out plus they had all of 1992 to do that. A little less Freddie and Elton and a little more Neil Young/Keith Richards.

I wish they would take the Jack White approach to their album. Write a song and knock it out on 8-track recorders.

Axl: piano, vocals
finck & fortus: guitar tracks
stinson: bass
brain: drums

Boom your done. I always thought the Illusions could have been their Exile on Main Street. but with all the bells and whistles thrown into everytrack they just sounded bloated and lost.

How cool would it be if Axl & Company came out and did a stripped down set?

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 03:43:12 PM »

it`s NOTHING going on in the gnr camp at the moment fuck!

i can`t understand why such discussions have to take place when there isn`t even the smallest possibilityof a tour in the next months....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 04:32:45 PM »

I just dont think this band needs to do big elaborate tours with huge videos and huge productions.
all that comes with releasing the album...u cant do ewlaborate videos, or any kind of video if you dont have a single. And no single means no album....

If GNR release Cd then everything will be fine. That is not the problem with this band. All that stuff will take care of itself once the album is out. That should be the least of concerns. Its getting the album out. Thats he problem. As long as the music isnt garbage they will do well in all aspects. How well, who knows, depends on the music. But agian we wont know till the album is out.

They could easily do an arena tour if they want when the album is out. Will every shoul be sold out? Maybe, Maybe not. Depends on the singles.

Album, Album, Album....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 04:39:59 PM »

I just dont think this band needs to do big elaborate tours with huge videos and huge productions.
all that comes with releasing the album...u cant do ewlaborate videos, or any kind of video if you dont have a single. And no single means no album....

If GNR release Cd then everything will be fine. That is not the problem with this band. All that stuff will take care of itself once the album is out. That should be the least of concerns. Its getting the album out. Thats he problem. As long as the music isnt garbage they will do well in all aspects. How well, who knows, depends on the music. But agian we wont know till the album is out.

They could easily do an arena tour if they want when the album is out. Will every shoul be sold out? Maybe, Maybe not. Depends on the singles.

Album, Album, Album....

Couldn't agree more - even if we didn't get to see Axl live again, even if there was no single or video I'd be content with the album....right now the thing that makes the wait so hard is we know something is there, and there's a fear we will never hear it.

Here today...ready to rock
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 04:46:41 PM »

whether GNr tour or not there would definately be singles....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 04:52:55 PM »

I'd rather they release the album before the singles, I want to listen to it in its entirety first

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 05:32:38 AM »

The glory arena/stadium tours are behind GNR we can all agree with that. The public isnt as accepting to this new incarnation of the group.

I think Axl and company should shoot for critical acclaim. Small theatre tours with brand new setlists that entirely focus on the music. Singing Out Ta Get Me and Welcome to the Jungle at 43 just doesnt work anymore.

All artists change overtime, Axl stated time and time again that he isnt the 25 year old riff raff anymore so why did he come out in hip/hop clothing singing all the old songs??

He is the ultimate paradox. Songs like Estranged, Yesterdays and Patience still hold up well.

Now that I think of it the 2002 tour was beyond embarassing. We were just so hungry to see him we didnt care what he looked or sounded like, what he played..etc

I think we as GNR fans are slowly maturing and we are craving something else now. Or at least I am.

I think this a pretty good post on the whole taffy! Nice to read a sensible one! A couple of things I dont agree with though! I think guns can still play arenas and fill them very easily maybe not the stadiums unless its in South America!

I cant agree that the 2002 was embarrassing! I have seen the band 19 times over the years and I still had the same goosbumps during the two gigs in England in 2002!

But yeh I agree I am dying to hear Axl singing new maturer stuff at the bands next gigs! We all know how much he wanted the bands music to evolve and I believe that he has written new stuff that is going to be mindblowing, i reckon The Blues and Madagascar have only scratched the surface! Mind you it will be nice to hear a few of the old classics as well! One of my main wishes to hear the new band play is Estranged, I would love to hear how it sounds with the new players! Mike

Mr. Sinister
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 01:20:44 PM »

I agree, I think that fans and the general public will be able to take the new band much, much more seriously when they actually get around to playing their songs - Songs that reflect where they're passion lies musically and where Axl's at with his lyrics and thoughts these days.

With the 2002 tour, I really think that the guys did a great job... But it's as though Axl doesn't want anybody to know that they even exist - No album, no single, ect.

The mystery around this band may do more harm than good in the end, and I really hope that one day Axl will pull back the curtain and show what they've accompished with the new record.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 02:20:20 PM »

yes, they need a new approach.

BUT

a GN'R show without "welcome to the jungle"?  Huh No way in hell.

Besides I think GN'R is made to play big venues. I mean i have nothing against playing small clubs, but is that really representative of a band with 85 million records sold? Come one...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 02:25:42 PM »

I will agree that it would kind of be weird if axl say returns around 48 or 50 to hear him singing venomous songs like wttj & out ta get me because it's so distant from his current life.. I guess their meaning is now just fun for the crowd...

I would like to see small venue dates.. That would be fun to see.. Id' go with something partly like vr originally did with arena tour dates as well ...

As always we need something to actually happen before any of this can occur Undecided
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 06:06:57 PM »

I'd rather they release the album before the singles, I want to listen to it in its entirety first

You bring up a good point.. imagine a single out 2 months be4 the album.. playing on MTV.. I think I would go insane with the wait. Or even worse.. the singles bad and doesnt reflect the rest of the album... I'd die. lol

gnrevolution.com
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 06:21:42 PM »

You bring up a good point.. imagine a single out 2 months be4 the album.. playing on MTV.. I think I would go insane with the wait. Or even worse.. the singles bad and doesnt reflect the rest of the album... I'd die. lol

Or the single is released and then Axl has a change of mind and delays the album!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 06:22:33 PM »

that is a good point but I rather have a damn single out to help promote the album and enjoy the anticipation... I doubt axl waited since the 90's to release a bad song
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 12:14:26 AM »

I think Axl Rose needs to release the album, forget his "Im not showing" performance, before he does a tour any other way, the destiny of the tour, will be the same,of the 2002 one, maybe even worse now that B.Head is not in the ship anymore. As many of you I respect Axl Rose and I like him, but there are also things that I can't understand like a fan, such as, waiting for an album, almost 7 years, why does he even promise it? Well only time will tell.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: