Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Winnipeg Concert Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Winnipeg Concert Discussion  (Read 72889 times)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #240 on: January 14, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »

I'm amazed that, if true, security, staff, whatever, can enforce people to remove shirts.

And, if true, I'm amazed that people would actually intentionally wear Slash shirts and make the effort to move up front, just to piss Axl off.

Funny planet we bounce around on.

Is that like a Laker fan wearing a Shaquille O' Neal jersey to a Laker game, sitting in the front row, hoottin' and hollerin' at Kobe Bryant??

Does the guy, or girl, wearin' the Slash shirt, in the front row, even care that Slash is no longer in the band? What if the fan has been following the band since the band's beginning and only has a Slash shirt.

I guess if the Slash shirt wearer-er is taunting the band with Slash chants, then yeah, fuck 'em.

Axl could act like that spoiled bitch Manny Ramirez and mouth off to his hecklers in the stands. Axl could sing "sorry" directly to the whiney Slash missin' fan.

But to make people take off their shirts, I find that to be tall tales, because it seems so Chinese non-democracy.

I'm not trying to stick up for Slash fans. I could care less really. I don't miss him at all. I'm glad he's gone, even though I still am a fan of his (not nearly as much as Axl's).

We've since gotten to experience many better axemen since Slash's exit.

A more civilized way of removing Slash shirts from the audience, would be to provide the band supporting ticket buyer with a more appropriate CD shirt, or DJ shirt......Bumble even.

How about a promotion where fans can bring their Slash shirts to the concert to turn in for a CD shirt?

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #241 on: January 14, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »

Can anyone at the show from this forum comment on whether or not the security staff was in fact asking people to either change their shirts or leave if they were wearing shirts that showcased former band members and/or their bands?

There has been discussion of that on other forums.

Ali

Yup, they were from what I heard. My buddy wore a Slash shirt there. Security told him they should boot him for it. But for whatever reason, they let them in. Had far seats, so its not like Axl woulda been able to see it from that distance. I could see if idiots coming right up to the stage with a Slash shirt, then it would be understandable. But security made it sound like they thought it was an absolutely absurd demand.

Well that's different. Security telling the ticket buyer that "they should" boot him, is harassing his ass a bit. All's fair if somebody wants to see a GN'R show showing support for a guy who badmouths the frontman.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #242 on: January 14, 2010, 05:55:48 PM »

As usual, sounds like people exaggerate...

And as far as people with Slash avatars wanting to wear whatever they want to GN'R shirts, you can. Just stay the fuck away from the real fans in the front.  Tongue

/jarmo

I pretty much agree with you, but again, who the fuck cares? These people are idiots and their actions speak for themselves. But, it's not my call or yours to tell someone what they can and can not wear to a concert/event. It's just plain stupid. It exactly like telling a person who was a big fan of Brett Favre and the Packers and then attends a Vikings  game and shouts at or boo's Brett Favre.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #243 on: January 14, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »

Can anyone at the show from this forum comment on whether or not the security staff was in fact asking people to either change their shirts or leave if they were wearing shirts that showcased former band members and/or their bands?

There has been discussion of that on other forums.

Ali

OMG...is this what you heard?  that's insane!

Why?

If that's true it's only because of all the assholes who like to stand in the front wearing Slash shirts trying to get attention to themselves.

If they try to stop that from happening, it's just great. Those assholes need no attention.

/jarmo

Jarmo, you were there.  As far as you know, was this the case?

Also, any way Fernando can comment?

Ali
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #244 on: January 14, 2010, 06:11:36 PM »

As usual, sounds like people exaggerate...

And as far as people with Slash avatars wanting to wear whatever they want to GN'R shirts, you can. Just stay the fuck away from the real fans in the front.  Tongue

/jarmo

So It is IMPOSSIBLE to be a fan of both?? Should Pink Floyd have banned anyone wearing a Roger Waters T-shirt??

It's silly to judge someone on what they are wearing because you "think" you know they're intentions.....base them on actions instead I would suggest......bit like racism. I guarantee there would still be some casual fans going to GNR shows in top hats ala Slash as a dress up in a pure good hearted manner because thats the era that they grew up in but still love Axl and appreciate the new guys.

The minute security attempts to dictate to it's fans what they can and cannot wear is when anyone with a backbone raises the middle finger. I sure as hell wouldn't be allowing some security arsehole to tell me what to wear.
Anyone going to a show to deliberately provoke Axl should immediately be booted and given a swift clip over the ears but this if true is pure paranoid  censorship -

Before I get flamed for these opinions NO I am NOT a Slash fan, dont own his records or merchandise, played great in GNR, Coma is awesome....but really enjoy the new band and can't wait to see the new band again. (In a pink tutu and backless wedding dress If I so choose:)

Edit - Sounds more like one over zealous security guard.......Little men on power trips.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:16:26 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #245 on: January 14, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »

I'm amazed that, if true, security, staff, whatever, can enforce people to remove shirts.

And, if true, I'm amazed that people would actually intentionally wear Slash shirts and make the effort to move up front, just to piss Axl off.

Funny planet we bounce around on.

Is that like a Laker fan wearing a Shaquille O' Neal jersey to a Laker game, sitting in the front row, hoottin' and hollerin' at Kobe Bryant??

Does the guy, or girl, wearin' the Slash shirt, in the front row, even care that Slash is no longer in the band? What if the fan has been following the band since the band's beginning and only has a Slash shirt.

I guess if the Slash shirt wearer-er is taunting the band with Slash chants, then yeah, fuck 'em.

Axl could act like that spoiled bitch Manny Ramirez and mouth off to his hecklers in the stands. Axl could sing "sorry" directly to the whiney Slash missin' fan.

But to make people take off their shirts, I find that to be tall tales, because it seems so Chinese non-democracy.

I'm not trying to stick up for Slash fans. I could care less really. I don't miss him at all. I'm glad he's gone, even though I still am a fan of his (not nearly as much as Axl's).

We've since gotten to experience many better axemen since Slash's exit.

A more civilized way of removing Slash shirts from the audience, would be to provide the band supporting ticket buyer with a more appropriate CD shirt, or DJ shirt......Bumble even.

How about a promotion where fans can bring their Slash shirts to the concert to turn in for a CD shirt?

Very well said.  I completely agree...if someone is wearing a slash shirt and taunting in front, that's a different story, but who the hell would pay $100  for a ticket if they weren't a true fan? Old or new fan...doesn't matter.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #246 on: January 14, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »

I dont see what the big deal is. Why would you even wear a slash or vr shirt if your goign to see GNR? He isn't in guns anymore and hasnt been for a long time. Also its public knowledge that Slash and Axl don't get along, so wearing a shirt with slash on it to the show is pretty much someone looking to start shit.
saz
Opening Act

« Reply #247 on: January 14, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »

my buddy wore a slash shirt. we were standing bout 10 ft away from the front. nobody cared. i was joking to him that axl would kick him out, but apparently its no joke by the sounds of some of your comments
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #248 on: January 14, 2010, 06:23:54 PM »

He should have been kicked out or at least made to turn it inside out.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #249 on: January 14, 2010, 06:24:18 PM »

my buddy wore a slash shirt. we were standing bout 10 ft away from the front. nobody cared. i was joking to him that axl would kick him out, but apparently its no joke by the sounds of some of your comments

Hmm, interesting.  Apparently they weren't consistently enforcing this "policy" if there in fact was one.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2010, 06:26:40 PM »

Sounds to me like the security guy was just busting his balls.

People do wear strange shit though.. I saw like Motley Crue shirts at the Kiss Concert i went to...... LOL

I know its hard to believe for all of us who post religiously about GNR, but it is possible, there are still some out there who may still have no idea Slash isn't in the band. Scary i know, but possible. Back in 2006, there were tons of people on a forum i posted at that had tickets and genuinely had no idea.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2010, 06:26:57 PM »

only an asshole would wear a $la$h tshirt to a Guns N 'Roses show.  

seriously if thats what you are going to do, why even waste your money going to the show?   some people have no respect and just like to be dicks.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »

seriously if thats what you are going to do, why even waste your money going to the show?   some people have no respect and just like to be dicks.

what if someone wore the AFD logo tshirt?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #253 on: January 14, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »

I know its hard to believe for all of us who post religiously about GNR, but it is possible, there are still some out there who may still have no idea Slash isn't in the band. Scary i know, but possible. Back in 2006, there were tons of people on a forum i posted at that had tickets and genuinely had no idea.

No D, Anyone who buys tickets to go see GNR in 2006, 2009 or 2010 knows Slash is not in the band. Hell people knew he was no longer in the band back in 2001/2002
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #254 on: January 14, 2010, 06:31:01 PM »

what if someone wore the AFD logo tshirt?

thats not what i'm talking about.  you know what i'm talking about.   and you know it'd be a dick thing to do.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #255 on: January 14, 2010, 06:31:32 PM »

Yep that's rational, If a band were too kick people out of shows for wearing T-Shirts that the same band SOLD 15 years ago my god they would be in form some poor press and would look hugely stupid to casual fans. May as well start fining audience members for not applauding loudly enough, or do you only want to keep GNR to absolute die hards only?? and exclude the casual fan or curious concert goer?? Also if a Slash "fan" is curious about attending....so what...let them, they would enjoy the show and have a right to do so.

As I said earlier, should Pink Floyd have banned anyone wearing a Roger Waters T-Shirt??
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:33:54 PM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »

The shows I seen in 2006 had a mixture of people wearing new style GNR, old style and even the odd Slash t-shirt,  big fucking deal.
Noone cared, everyone was more interested in  having a good fucking time to even bat an eye lid over petty, paranoid shite like that. Even the folk at the front.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2010, 06:33:27 PM »

Yep that's rational, If a band were too kick people out of shows for wearing T-Shirts that the same band SOLD 15 years ago my god they would be in form some poor press and would look hugely stupid to casual fans. May as well start fining audience members for not applauding loudly enough, or do you only want to keep GNR to absolute die hards only?? and exclude the casual fan or curious concert goer??

It has nothing to do with that at all. It has to do with a certain group of people who like to start shit. Just like the guy at RIR3 who was waving a slash t shirt in Axls face. Remember what happened to him?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2010, 06:34:31 PM »

its people trying to draw attention from Axl and trying to be dicks.  go look at the trolls on that other forum, those are exactly the kind of losers i'm talking about.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2010, 06:34:59 PM »

The shows I seen in 2006 had a mixture of people wearing new style GNR, old style and even the odd Slash t-shirt,  big fucking deal.
Noone cared, everyone was more interested in  having a good fucking time to even bat an eye lid over petty, paranoid shite like that. Even the folk at the front.

Well Said and Check Mate I believe.
End of subject methinks.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: