Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:26:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Winnipeg Concert Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Winnipeg Concert Discussion  (Read 72889 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »

only an asshole would wear a $la$h tshirt to a Guns N 'Roses show.  

seriously if thats what you are going to do, why even waste your money going to the show?   some people have no respect and just like to be dicks.

what if someone wore the AFD logo tshirt?

thats not what i'm talking about.  you know what i'm talking about.   and you know it'd be a dick thing to do.

Just saying, u wear the AFD logo shirt, u are wearing every ex member minus axl. I do agree that it is pretty lame to wear a Slash shirt knowing the history etc, but unless u are showing it off in a demonstrative way, i don't think someone should be kicked out of a concert for it.  it is possible to be a fan of both u know.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »

He should have been kicked out or at least made to turn it inside out.

Yep that's rational, If a band were too kick people out of shows for wearing T-Shirts that the same band SOLD 15 years ago my god they would be in form some poor press and would look hugely stupid to casual fans. May as well start fining audience members for not applauding loudly enough, or do you only want to keep GNR to absolute die hards only?? and exclude the casual fan or curious concert goer??

It has nothing to do with that at all. It has to do with a certain group of people who like to start shit. Just like the guy at RIR3 who was waving a slash t shirt in Axls face. Remember what happened to him?

Yep 1 out of probably thousands who have gone to New GNR shows in similar T-Shirts acts like a knob and everyone else should have there clothing removed and booted ok
I do see your point but you can't just generalise like that....we have anti-discrimination laws based on that principle.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »

only an asshole would wear a $la$h tshirt to a Guns N 'Roses show.  

seriously if thats what you are going to do, why even waste your money going to the show?   some people have no respect and just like to be dicks.

Believe it or not, people still thought Slash was in GNR when I went to the shows in Vegas and E.Rutherford in 2006.

Scary but true!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2010, 06:40:05 PM »

Live and Let Die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i31PZY_9Ws4

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »

Yeah but u get a few drunk idiots at every show. If u are going to a show, to just try and troll or antagonize the band, yeah thats the lamest, most pathetic shit ever.

I am serious though back in 06.. people were going to a festival in London and I told them about the new members and they honest to God were clueless.

I saw Skid Row open for Kiss back in 2000 and I had no idea the guy up there wasn't Sebastian.. Embarrassed Embarrassed

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2010, 07:45:24 PM »

I can't believe this story to be true.

Sounds like some tiny, insignificant story got turned into something way bigger.

That's not the GN'R I know and believe in.

I was wearing a Packers beanie at a Metallica show last year.  The security guard at the door was a Pats fan and gave me a hard time.  Now, should I go around saying Metallica wouldn't let me in because they are 49ers/Raiders/Bills fans?

Yellow journalism at its finest.

P.S.  To the dude that made the Brett Favre analogy...bad idea.  \Germo hates Brett Favre.
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2010, 07:46:49 PM »

About this whole T-Shirt discussion, it's really something impossible to do. You can't read someone's intention from the shirt they're wearing. Here in Brazil, I bet there are going to be many people at the concerts with Slash shirts, old guns shirts, VR shirts, and it doesn't mean a thing to them. Such people, the general audience, have no idea that Slash's name or image can be used offensively in the new GnR world. Maybe they had the shirt in their closets since the 90's, dusted it off and wore it, maybe they bought it because that's something they relate to when thinking of GnR. Maybe that's the only one they found before the concert (there's no official GnR merch store in Brazil and most people can't buy stuff online)... I do know a lot of people who have no idea that Axl and Slash have a beef with each other until today. They think that the old band broke up in peace and that's all. So this taking off shirt thing is ridiculous, unless you're dealing with a crowd that you previously interrogated one by one to know for sure that they are aware of the Axl vs. Slash thing...

They can and should pick on the ones who are starting shit, but that is regardless of shirt they're wearing.

The whole thing seems to me like some securities were on a power trip, which is rather common everywhere. Is it true that they told that orders came from backstage to disallow digital cameras? I thought GnR had no such rule.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 07:48:28 PM by helenluna » Logged

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »

Can anyone at the show from this forum comment on whether or not the security staff was in fact asking people to either change their shirts or leave if they were wearing shirts that showcased former band members and/or their bands?

There has been discussion of that on other forums.

Ali

Yup, they were from what I heard. My buddy wore a Slash shirt there. Security told him they should boot him for it. But for whatever reason, they let them in. Had far seats, so its not like Axl woulda been able to see it from that distance. I could see if idiots coming right up to the stage with a Slash shirt, then it would be understandable. But security made it sound like they thought it was an absolutely absurd demand.

I'm gonna go ahead and call out right bullshit at your story

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »

Can anyone at the show from this forum comment on whether or not the security staff was in fact asking people to either change their shirts or leave if they were wearing shirts that showcased former band members and/or their bands?

There has been discussion of that on other forums.

Ali

Yup, they were from what I heard. My buddy wore a Slash shirt there. Security told him they should boot him for it. But for whatever reason, they let them in. Had far seats, so its not like Axl woulda been able to see it from that distance. I could see if idiots coming right up to the stage with a Slash shirt, then it would be understandable. But security made it sound like they thought it was an absolutely absurd demand.

I'm gonna go ahead and call out right bullshit at your story

Bullshit spewing n00b.  It's always a "friend" too.  Never them.

Friends don't let friends wear Slash shirts.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2010, 07:59:16 PM »

As usual, some like to switch the focus.

We had an amazing night in Winnipeg last night.

Great start of this tour. The fans at the show loved it and what is the main discussion here? T-shirts. But not even the shirts sold at the show.

Roll Eyes

Wear whatever the fuck you want to the GN'R shows. I don't care.

I might think you're a moron if you wear something just to get a reaction or draw attention to yourself though. And if that's your aim, then I won't feel sorry for you if you are indeed told to leave. At least you didn't have to change your shirt. You got your freedom.

So with that we end the discussion on what to wear for GN'R show.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:03:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2010, 08:07:30 PM »

I'm amazed that, if true, security, staff, whatever, can enforce people to remove shirts.

And, if true, I'm amazed that people would actually intentionally wear Slash shirts and make the effort to move up front, just to piss Axl off.

Funny planet we bounce around on.

Is that like a Laker fan wearing a Shaquille O' Neal jersey to a Laker game, sitting in the front row, hoottin' and hollerin' at Kobe Bryant??

Does the guy, or girl, wearin' the Slash shirt, in the front row, even care that Slash is no longer in the band? What if the fan has been following the band since the band's beginning and only has a Slash shirt.

I guess if the Slash shirt wearer-er is taunting the band with Slash chants, then yeah, fuck 'em.

Axl could act like that spoiled bitch Manny Ramirez and mouth off to his hecklers in the stands. Axl could sing "sorry" directly to the whiney Slash missin' fan.

But to make people take off their shirts, I find that to be tall tales, because it seems so Chinese non-democracy.

I'm not trying to stick up for Slash fans. I could care less really. I don't miss him at all. I'm glad he's gone, even though I still am a fan of his (not nearly as much as Axl's).

We've since gotten to experience many better axemen since Slash's exit.

A more civilized way of removing Slash shirts from the audience, would be to provide the band supporting ticket buyer with a more appropriate CD shirt, or DJ shirt......Bumble even.

How about a promotion where fans can bring their Slash shirts to the concert to turn in for a CD shirt?

Bingo anyone who wears a Slash shirt to the live shows is being a cunt.  If you like the band then why try and piss off Axl.  Just needing attention or being a punk.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »

sounds like it was a great show.  roll on calgary!
saz
Opening Act

« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »

whered u party at after the concert jarmo?
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2010, 08:47:53 PM »

I'm with Jarmo on this one: First show in Canada on the tour, every review - SPIN, Rolling Stone, Winnipeg Free Press, and The Sun - has been excellent, and people are on about a rumour about t-shirts?

Really? Christ I seriously doubt, unless you're being an ass about it, that anyone cares.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »

I didn't.... Haven't had a beer since Monday!  Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2010, 11:10:37 PM »

I didn't.... Haven't had a beer since Monday!  Shocked

/jarmo

Canada is dry, didn't you know that?

HAHA okay, I thought it was funny for a second. Canada, dry? Yeahhh right.
saz
Opening Act

« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »

winnipeg is dry, Molson Dry!
TempletonPeck
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2010, 12:40:13 AM »

To the individual who asked about capacity at the MTS Centre: it's tough to tell how many more tickets for the floor were available, but I would guess the arena was around 70% capacity (or maybe lower.)  The upper decks were essentially barren, and there were gaps of seats throughout the arena.

I'd like to add that there was almost zero promotion for this show.  People on the floor were telling me they didn't even know GN'R were coming until like this past weekend or a month ago or something.  The last GN'R show in Winnipeg sold out rather quickly, I believe.  It turns out you have to actually tell people the band is coming if you want to sell tickets.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2010, 12:49:35 AM »

To the individual who asked about capacity at the MTS Centre: it's tough to tell how many more tickets for the floor were available, but I would guess the arena was around 70% capacity (or maybe lower.)  The upper decks were essentially barren, and there were gaps of seats throughout the arena.

I'd like to add that there was almost zero promotion for this show.  People on the floor were telling me they didn't even know GN'R were coming until like this past weekend or a month ago or something.  The last GN'R show in Winnipeg sold out rather quickly, I believe.  It turns out you have to actually tell people the band is coming if you want to sell tickets.

Rather odd isn't? However, it's a Wednesday. I bet Guns sold a lot more and a bunch didn't show up.

It will be a better turnout this Saturday and Sunday.  ok
TempletonPeck
« Reply #279 on: January 15, 2010, 01:04:39 AM »

Rather odd isn't? However, it's a Wednesday. I bet Guns sold a lot more and a bunch didn't show up.

It will be a better turnout this Saturday and Sunday.  ok

I wouldn't say it's that odd...when I say almost no promotion, I really mean that.  If I didn't get an email from the arena, I would have had no idea GN'R were coming unless I posted here.  I know people who listen to the radio, read the paper, and attend concerts that didn't know GN'R were coming until I told them.  Plus, as you said, you would expect less ticket sales on a Wednesday.
Oh well, more floor space for me which means I can get closer to the stage and shorter beer lines  beer
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: