Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 09:42:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227949 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Winnipeg Concert Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Winnipeg Concert Discussion  (Read 73344 times)
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2010, 12:40:12 PM »

Always nice to hear positive reviews of the shows, and good setlist too, they cant always play over 3h sets, so i bet GNR gave them a great show.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2010, 12:42:43 PM »

great reviews! There's really nothing bad the critics can say about this band. Axl's singing his ass off, he looks good, and they cant take a jab at his braids anymore. The band looks like a band, and they are playing killer. Plus 3 hour sets and being on time. They'll have to pull at straws to get anything negative at this point, and if they do they obviously have an agenda!

GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES 2010!!!! Grin
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2010, 01:10:22 PM »

yet another review. so awesome to see that these shows are causing a stir.  Smiley

Guns N' Roses Kick Off 'Chinese Democracy' Tour

http://www.spin.com/articles/guns-n-roses-kick-chinese-democracy-tour
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2010, 01:12:52 PM »

Sounds like great reviews..... man i am thinking a US tour is very very possible with how great these shows have been.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2010, 02:15:39 PM »

Can someone that was at the show last night give us a review on danko jones please?
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2010, 02:25:59 PM »

I wish they'd do a amphitheatre tour in the US were places hold 7,500 to 20,000 people.
CrucialFate
Opening Act

« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »

Can someone that was at the show last night give us a review on danko jones please?

Sure.

First and foremost, I like Danko Jones. I'm not a huge fan though. I thought the stuff they played on the radio by him back in the day was pretty good. Lovercall, First Date, Forget My Name, Sound of Love, Sticky Situation....stuff from that era. Not too familiar with their newer material though. And unfortunately, thats what most of their set was made up of. They opened with Code of the Road (great song too), and the only other song than that that I recognized was Lovercall.

It wasn't a bad set by them...it probably woulda helped if I knew their newer stuff and followed their music more often than I do.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »

Sure.

First and foremost, I like Danko Jones. I'm not a huge fan though. I thought the stuff they played on the radio by him back in the day was pretty good. Lovercall, First Date, Forget My Name, Sound of Love, Sticky Situation....stuff from that era. Not too familiar with their newer material though. And unfortunately, thats what most of their set was made up of. They opened with Code of the Road (great song too), and the only other song than that that I recognized was Lovercall.

It wasn't a bad set by them...it probably woulda helped if I knew their newer stuff and followed their music more often than I do.

cool, thanks.  I've never heard of them and watched a couple youtubes...thought they were ok.  But was anxious to hear what people thought of their set.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2010, 05:11:01 PM »

Can anyone at the show from this forum comment on whether or not the security staff was in fact asking people to either change their shirts or leave if they were wearing shirts that showcased former band members and/or their bands?

There has been discussion of that on other forums.

Ali
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2010, 05:14:09 PM »

Can anyone at the show from this forum comment on whether or not the security staff was in fact asking people to either change their shirts or leave if they were wearing shirts that showcased former band members and/or their bands?

Ali

OMG...is this what you heard?  that's insane!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2010, 05:16:20 PM »

That's Axl there! rofl
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »

damn, hopefully i wont have to remove my " I love axl in a gay way" t-shirt  Sad
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #232 on: January 14, 2010, 05:18:02 PM »

Nice review.  What was the crowd capacity for the arena for concerts again?

Hockey: 15,003
End-Stage Concerts: 16,170
Centre-Stage Concerts: 16,345
Rodeo/Motorcross: 13,198

Can't be true for GN'R...

Don't forget, GN'R's stage is bigger than most.

In Winnipeg they had to close sections of the seats on the side to fit the whole stage....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2010, 05:18:49 PM »

It rocked.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »

Ali

Why?

If that's true it's only because of all the assholes who like to stand in the front wearing Slash shirts trying to get attention to themselves.

If they try to stop that from happening, it's just great. Those assholes need no attention.

/jarmo

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2010, 05:22:06 PM »

Ali

Yes, its true. And I got a bridge to sell you, too...
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #236 on: January 14, 2010, 05:28:04 PM »

Ali

Why?

If that's true it's only because of all the assholes who like to stand in the front wearing Slash shirts trying to get attention to themselves.

If they try to stop that from happening, it's just great. Those assholes need no attention.

/jarmo

you have to forgive me.. I dont post here too often But , that is really stupid.. the day I m prohibited of wearing whatever the heck I want to a Rock concert, the day it wouldnt be called Rock anymore.. Are u kidding me?? whatever happened with the old, new , lineup, former members or whatever has nothing to do with someone wanting to wear the tshirt of one of the BEST guitar players in the world.. or any other if that is the case.. Just plain Stupid

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
CrucialFate
Opening Act

« Reply #237 on: January 14, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »

Ali

Yup, they were from what I heard. My buddy wore a Slash shirt there. Security told him they should boot him for it. But for whatever reason, they let them in. Had far seats, so its not like Axl woulda been able to see it from that distance. I could see if idiots coming right up to the stage with a Slash shirt, then it would be understandable. But security made it sound like they thought it was an absolutely absurd demand.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: January 14, 2010, 05:38:18 PM »

As usual, sounds like people exaggerate...

And as far as people with Slash avatars wanting to wear whatever they want to GN'R shirts, you can. Just stay the fuck away from the real fans in the front.  Tongue

/jarmo

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #239 on: January 14, 2010, 05:42:06 PM »

do you take pictures of this show jarmo? if so really looking forward to them. The last pictures were great.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: