Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:45:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  boycott contraband
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: boycott contraband  (Read 77928 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2004, 09:03:05 PM »

Agh I only want Duff and Slash to win the lawsuit and maybe they will release some cool DVDs or unreleased tracks or whatever. They will use the old catalog way better than Axl cuz he seems so against giving us cool shit to enjoy.  peace

I have to say I agree.  And its not about Slash/Duff Vs. Axl thing, or seeing Axl "get his"...not for me.  Its what I think will be most beneficial for fans...And to reach this conclusion, two comments come to mind:

"If I had my way, Id put out the rough tracks for Use Your Illusions without all the overdubs." - Slash on Virgin Superstars Radio a couple of months ago.

And Duffs comment about the tour footage that fans would like to see.

I feel that Slash and Duff would be more aware and willing to provide fans with stuff theyd like to see than Axl has been.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2004, 09:43:55 PM »

"If I had my way, Id put out the rough tracks for Use Your Illusions without all the overdubs." - Slash on Virgin Superstars Radio a couple of months ago.

That would be so awesome. Appetite has withstood teh test of time because of it's raw honesty. The Illusions in my opinion were tarnished by Axl over doing everything.

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2004, 10:01:40 PM »

I have a few of the demos, they are pretty cool

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2004, 11:11:22 PM »

"I feel that Slash and Duff would be more aware and willing to provide fans with stuff theyd like to see than Axl has been."

I think it's actually pretty cool GnR isn't overexposed. Personally I don't need to hear WTTJ or PC in some lame comedy. The instances they did appear, save The Dead Pool, have been pretty lame. Even Oh My God, a song I enjoyed, was decidedly out of place in End of Days; I guess Satan loves nuGnR to screw to.

I would look forward to the concert footage though. I don't know what has been holding that up.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 01:41:02 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2004, 01:07:54 AM »

"I feel that Slash and Duff would be more aware and willing to provide fans with stuff theyd like to see than Axl has been."

I think it's actually pretty cool GnR isn't overexposed. Personally I don't need to hear WTTJ or PC in some lame comedy. The instances they did appear, save The Dead Pool, have been pretty lame. Even Oh My God, a song I enjoyed, was decidedly out of place in End of Days; I guess Satan loves nuGnR to screw to.

I would look forward to the concert footage though. I don't what has been holding that up.

Without taking sides, I'd say Axl is probably holding that up. I mean why would he want to release footage of the old band when he has put so much effort towards a new GN'R line-up?

Maybe this lawsuit will help Slash & Duff have more say in that old stuff being released, which is all the better for us fans. beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2004, 01:44:24 AM »

I wonder if he loses the suit, whether he scraps the name. Duff and Slash could possibly mass release tons of old GnR materials while the new band is gearing up for an album or tour (i'm in somewhat of a fantasy world right now in which there is a Chinese Democracy album on the horizon). It would be quite confusing to have two bands called GnR on the market which. since they appear to be quite different in sound, could undermine the record..

I would actually prefer that he rename this band if he does lose the rights. Let the old band ride off into the horizon and start fresh. This could however initiate some legal hassles with the label who were promised a new GnR record.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 01:48:41 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2004, 02:19:08 AM »

That's a good point, killing vector. I wonder what would happen if they did win. I mean, would they need his permission to use the name or what? It would be a bizarre seeing two Guns N Roses releasing material. Although, it could benefit Axl because the old material would keep a buzz on GNR going.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2004, 02:47:50 AM »

would it really benefit or perhaps hinder them? I am operating under the impression that this new record would be a sizeable departure from the old GnR; there maybe alot of confused people out with CDs and DVDs of different GnRs in the bin. of course a comparison is inevitable.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2004, 12:12:45 PM »

I guess it could go either way. The hype of old GNR would keep the name out there and perhaps more would become interested in the new band, but it could also keep the notion alive that this band is not GNR. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2004, 10:25:16 PM »

I would look forward to the concert footage though. I don't know what has been holding that up.

We are talking more about maybe a scrapbook of live performances on DVD and shit. We don't care about soundtracks. And GnR has been i alot more movies than EOD and TDP.  Also Paradise City was in some cheesy comedy movie already. It was some lame movie and some kid was lip syncing it at a party. It was a really a bad movie. Axl isn't keeping these songs from movies for integrity, it is mostly so his ex-band mates don't get a cut. Thats why he wanted to re-record Jungle for Blackhawk Down.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2004, 10:26:49 PM »

I wonder if he loses the suit, whether he scraps the name. Duff and Slash could possibly mass release tons of old GnR materials while the new band is gearing up for an album or tour (i'm in somewhat of a fantasy world right now in which there is a Chinese Democracy album on the horizon). It would be quite confusing to have two bands called GnR on the market which. since they appear to be quite different in sound, could undermine the record..

I would actually prefer that he rename this band if he does lose the rights. Let the old band ride off into the horizon and start fresh. This could however initiate some legal hassles with the label who were promised a new GnR record.

That all sounds good to me...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: