Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:42:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott takes shot at Axl
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott takes shot at Axl  (Read 72822 times)
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: March 07, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »

Some Australian reviews have come in. One is from SiLvAnA who went to both of the Sydney shows and was very impressed - one of the greatest live band ever seen! During the second show, there was an incident where Scott angily told some fans with an Axl Rose banner to leave the show. Scott said the banner insulted the band and other VR fans. Scott told them they were not invited, had wasted their money and to get out. "If you want to see a fat, bald guy who wears a wig, you'll have to wait another ten years."

Source: http://www.snakepit.org/news.html
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 06:02:03 PM »

Fuck you Scott. I had tickets to see VR but i never did.
I didn't want to see a dancing like gay Wannabe Rockstar Who things he is better than Axl nad has nothing new to offer as Rock Image

I prefer to see a Fat, bald Guy with Wig Who has great unique Rock Voice and personality rather than a 2nd class Rockstar who says bullshit about others.......

But Scott don't Worry History will Only Remember Axl as a great Rock Frontman and not Scott Weiland.

rant
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 06:03:58 PM by GNROSAS » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 06:05:44 PM »

That's pretty sad if he kicked people out over an Axl banner. That is the exact type of behavior Axl would display.  no

Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 06:08:28 PM »

how is it sad ? what the fuck is someone doing with an Axl banner at a VR show ? Not a GN'R banner, an AXL ROSE banner.

Deserved to be thrown out the fucking window even.

Watching a Velvet revolver show brings absolutely NO recollection of GN'R, let alone Axl.
Bringing along an Axl banner is downright stupid.
November Rain 91
Headliner

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 06:09:25 PM »

Hmm....Scott is a douchebag. However, I don't see the point in bringing an Axl Rose banner to a Velvet Revolver show. That's just asking for trouble. Pretty stupid to begin with. On the other hand, it's easy to stay thin when the only thing going in your body is heroin... Roll Eyes What a baby, kicking them out. Tears Scott, tears... Cry Cry

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 06:10:47 PM »

That's pretty sad if he kicked people out over an Axl banner. That is the exact type of behavior Axl would display.? no

The point isn't the banner. ?The point is his comments about Axl. ?Axl may have said some nasty things in the past, but I don't believe he ever went as far as to insult someone for physical aspects that are, for the most part, beyond your control. ?What Scott said is just plain rude. ?
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 06:15:25 PM »

didn't axl say that if kurt cobains and courtney loves baby was "retarded" they should be put in prison? he's not beyond insulting like that himself, or should i say "wasn't".

its fucking stupid to bring an axl banner to a VR show, you're not making some comment about loyalty, you're just being an attention seeking dick. i can't stand crap like that, or people who make a point of booing and folding their arms if its a song they dont like or agree with. just get over yourself

yeah scott could have reacted better, but to be honest i doubt he really thinks that about axl, by which i mean, he was in the heat of the moment and just fucked off with these fans who persist in going on about axl at a show for a band that has nothing really to do with axl in the present.

theres no real point in sayin scott is an idiot for saying that shit (a fair point) but then insulting him as well, it kinda negates the comment you just made.
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 06:19:48 PM »

That's pretty sad if he kicked people out over an Axl banner. That is the exact type of behavior Axl would display.? no

The point isn't the banner. ?The point is his comments about Axl. ?Axl may have said some nasty things in the past, but I don't believe he ever went as far as to insult someone for physical aspects that are, for the most part, beyond your control. ?What Scott said is just plain rude. ?

t is rude to talk bad about someone, but I think it's worse to kick your fans out if they aren't starting trouble. ?It makes him look worse since he did something Axl would do but then went on to make fun of Axl.

I do agree with those who say ?it was pointless to bring an Axl banner to a VR concert but as long as they aren't harming anyone I don't see the big deal. Ask them to take it down if it really bugs you but let them see the show they paid to see.
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 06:22:41 PM »

Put yourself in Scott's position. How would you feel ?

This person paid, not to see the show, but to be an ass.

Scott didn't make fun of Axl based on kicking people out of gigs - he made fun of him based on other things, which he has every right to do.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 06:24:07 PM »

well...Even though axl is in no way VR related its still abit lame he had a rant like that and insulted axl for no reason.

I thought slash and the guys were proud of there GNR herritage?

html sucks
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 06:30:35 PM »

didn't axl say that if kurt cobains and courtney loves baby was "retarded" they should be put in prison? he's not beyond insulting like that himself, or should i say "wasn't".

its fucking stupid to bring an axl banner to a VR show, you're not making some comment about loyalty, you're just being an attention seeking dick. i can't stand crap like that, or people who make a point of booing and folding their arms if its a song they dont like or agree with. just get over yourself

yeah scott could have reacted better, but to be honest i doubt he really thinks that about axl, by which i mean, he was in the heat of the moment and just fucked off with these fans who persist in going on about axl at a show for a band that has nothing really to do with axl in the present.

theres no real point in sayin scott is an idiot for saying that shit (a fair point) but then insulting him as well, it kinda negates the comment you just made.

It's not Stupid at all. Some Fans want to show their frustration towards Slash, Duff that they left GNR.
This has nothing to do with scott. It is Directed mainly to Slash,Duff,Matt.

If Scott wants not to be compared with AXl 1st he should stop acting Like Axl and 2nd Music quality to top what AXl Did.

I had no problem For Ranting against the Banner. The point is that he attacked/Joked the physical characteristics of someone else. That is plain stupid,low and arrogant and he better watch out cause life brings worse things than the ones you joked Badly About.
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 06:37:58 PM »

really? i've never really heard of anyone, let alone enough for there to be a "type" of fan who is frustrated with slash and duff because they left GNR. it maybe so, and in that case, well ok. however scott isn't really gonna know that and based on my own experiences i'm more inclined to think it was an asshole ripping on scott. though i do see your point the more i think about it.

i don't think scott has to top any music connected with axl to stop being compared, it'll happen for awhile now, even if the band manage to pop out several albums it'll happen. steve tyler still gets compared to mick jagger, for instance. however, i think you could argue over their studio albums, STP had plenty of material to rival GNR. i mean, it's mainly AFD that they have their consistent reputation. i'm not saying the other stuff is crap, its nothing like it, but if you take away AFD you lose alot of their best material. whereas with STP its more spread out and consitent IMO.

i see what you mean about scott making jokes about axls personal appearance, but i would consider that he said it in the heat of the moment and perhaps said them more to make a point about what axls doing and what he's doing. scotts put out an album, beaten his addictions, and gone on tour for over a year is it now? and axls still doing the same album he started years ago (albeit one thats had so many new songs the old ones won't even be used). i think scott could see this and just think, well why are they still idolising axl when he hasn't done anything in so long.

plus, like i said in my previous post, axl hasn't been above this kinda shit before, heck, at least scott didn't jump into the crowd and attack the guy eh! Smiley
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 06:41:37 PM »

yeah he didnt need to take the piss outta axl....cause it makes it sound like slash n duff and co have told him this stuff.

Though is axl really bald?

html sucks
jgfnsr
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 06:44:09 PM »

Ha! ?I always thought that was one of Axl's best quotes. ?In fact, that whole rant about Cobain and Nirvana was classic. ?hihi

On topic, yeah Axl has taken personal shots at others but never at Weiland. ?At least not yet. ?After shit like this, that might change.

I can understand Scott's aggravation at seeing an Axl banner at a Velvet Revolver concert. ?But it's a slippery slope if he wants to get "personal," being as he never has, doesn't now, nor ever will hold a candle to Mr. Rose.
jgfnsr
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 06:45:17 PM »

Though is axl really bald?

No.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 06:47:56 PM »

how is it sad ? what the fuck is someone doing with an Axl banner at a VR show ? Not a GN'R banner, an AXL ROSE banner.

Deserved to be thrown out the fucking window even.

Watching a Velvet revolver show brings absolutely NO recollection of GN'R, let alone Axl.
Bringing along an Axl banner is downright stupid.

Did you think the same thing when Axl threw a fan out at Rock In Rio in 2001?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Narcissa
Back In Black
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 06:49:49 PM »

Nope, because that person was at a GUNS N' ROSES show, or at least they believed they were.

Slash was part of GN'R, but Axl has never been part of VR, so they had every right at Rio to advertise Slash.

*edit - Slash, not shash. haha.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 06:51:28 PM by Pretty Hate Machine » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 06:50:48 PM »

To be honest...All people Related around these dudes from GNR, VR etc all have the biggest egos i know so it will be of no surprise that they say stuff like this.

Next Axl will say he is sueing scott or something.

html sucks
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 06:51:52 PM »

But Slash, Duff, and Matt were a part of GN'R.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 06:53:15 PM »

Let him or aaxl throw out who they please.

In the end  it's gonna be at their own risk

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: