Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:01:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash The Liar?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash The Liar?  (Read 62471 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« on: August 25, 2005, 02:24:10 PM »

This is a notion thats been perpetuated all over these boards, primarily by huge Axl fans.  Its often brought up in threads, I ask the person alledging it to explain and perhaps provide some evidence, and they either bring up bogus, trivial comments that are far from lies (or even simple contradictions) or dodge the post altogether.  So I ask those of you who subscribe to this opinion - that Slash is a liar and is constantly lying in interviews - could you please share some of his lies?  I mean, there must be tons of them to earn such a reputation among such an objective group of fans.

By the way, I post this in this section 1.) Because thats where most of those who hold this opinion post and 2.) Nearly all of these so-called lies assumedly pertain to GNR or his time in GNR.  I think its only fair that if hes constantly referred to as a liar on this very forum, some of you back it up with something of substance.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 02:29:17 PM »

It's not all black or all white. Axl "in the next few months" isn't better you know.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 02:33:03 PM »

Roll Eyes ? ok

so you think this is an Anti-Slash board, right?

i can`t think of one person here stating that slash is a liar and lies in every interview he gives. aynway noone can prove if he`s a liar or not
( i guess you`re talking about the gnr split etc.)

i am definitely one of the persons here on axls side, but i have a lot of respect for slash.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 02:47:34 PM »

Roll Eyes ? ok

so you think this is an Anti-Slash board, right?

i can`t think of one person here stating that slash is a liar and lies in every interview he gives. aynway noone can prove if he`s a liar or not
( i guess you`re talking about the gnr split etc.)

i am definitely one of the persons here on axls side, but i have a lot of respect for slash.

Slash lies more than axl since slash story has changed about 20 times now on the break up of the band and other things Axl has done.

I am just not listening to slashs lies like you do and others that love slash.  Maybe when slash can get this story straight  and not keep changing his story then I will believe him, but you are the clueless when and its pathetic you do not even realize it.

slash kisses the medias ass and lies about Axl in the interviews

Those are just from one poster (who shall remain nameless  hihi), Ive seen plenty of folks say it over the past 2 or 3 years Ive visited this site, and I see it at other GNR boards.  I didnt this was necessarily an "Anti-Slash" board, did I?  I said this notion has been perpetuated on this board for awhile now. 
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 03:08:04 PM »

I generally think the reason Slash tells different stories about the breakup is because there is not just one reason the band broke up.
there were most likely several reasons he quit the band. and if he was gonna tell all of them in one interview it would take him a few hours.
so he tells a couple of reasons in each interview where that question is asked, and thats the reason he might not say the same thing in all the interviews.

at least, that's what I believe.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 03:22:27 PM »

Booker FLoyd your right that the one callin him a liar r the Axl haters.  They are so blind to Axl's faults and constant lies that they blame slash for it.  I respect the man completely, and he will always be the best guitarist GNR ever had, no matter who else Axl gets.   I doubt his stroy has chnaged that much, all that he has ever said is that he wanted to play guitar and the lack of anyhting from the band in 96 jus left him with a choice of sitting around doing nothing or play guitar somewhere else.  Maybe he's changed his story about Axl because over the years he's bound to have gotten more furious with the guy.  But that aside, all of you slash haters arent real GNR fans, u can be Axl Rose fans, but guess what, he wasnt Guns N Roses, he was the lead singer.  The rest f the band played jus as an important role as he did in the music and the image they conveyed.  So either shut up about how u hate slash or go proove me wrong.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 03:33:57 PM »

Slash, IMO, is the most reasonable of the 3 .(Slash, Axl, Duff).

I am a huge fan of GN'R, and it never ceases to amaze me those people that bash Slash with such vehement bitterness. I ask you, how can you in all fairness, claim to be a Guns N Roses fan and hate Slash? Sure criticise him if and when you feel its warranted, (afterall, no ones perfect) but some of the opinions on here go far beyond critisism.

Is he a liar? Of course not. He's one of the most hardworking and well respected ( not to mention well liked) guitarists in the industry.

IMO, hes one of the great rock stars.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 03:40:11 PM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 03:58:14 PM »

i don't think slash is a liar.

he is tho more exposed for critics and acusations of all kinds, both positive and negative, simply because he's in the media ALOT, at least compared to captain Axl.

what it basically boils down to is us bitter fans who can't stand the fact that gn'r isn't together anymore so we sink to the low level of taking sides.

i could list tons of reasons why axl is a liar and i could do the same about slash....

they are regular fuckers just like you and me...

i wonder how many times i have said nice things about an ex-girlfriend and how many times i slammed one like yeasterdays cold leftovers... it all depends on the situation and it doesn't make me a fucking liar just because i have both positive things and negative shit to say about 'em... Grin

i'm a guitarist and slash is my God, i think axl is more interesting tho, just because i feel kind of sorry for him because of his obvious struggles in life and his brilliant one of a kind way dealing with it through his lyrics and music.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 04:07:10 PM »

I am a huge fan of GN'R, and it never ceases to amaze me those people that bash Slash with such vehement bitterness. I ask you, how can you in all fairness, claim to be a Guns N Roses fan and hate Slash? Sure criticise him if and when you feel its warranted, (afterall, no ones perfect) but some of the opinions on here go far beyond critisism.

Is he a liar? Of course not. He's one of the most hardworking and well respected ( not to mention well liked) guitarists in the industry.

I totally disagree. Slash and Axl had the two biggest egos in guns n roses. Duff and izzy were always the voice of reason.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 04:13:52 PM »

I've always believed Duff to be the "good guy" of the three.
He usually seems sympathetic towards Axl, but definitely has some sour grapes. Which is how I see it all... Axl DID have his good points which is why Duff stuck with him... but overall Axl was just too much to work with.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 04:33:30 PM »

It's not that difficult to answer your question.

Axl called Slash a liar in a press release. Axl has a reputation of being somebody who speaks his mind and therefore people assume he's telling the truth.

3) Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=82

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 04:37:21 PM »

I totally disagree. Slash and Axl had the two biggest egos in guns n roses. Duff and izzy were always the voice of reason.

I can agree in part there Dave, I think I was alluding to the fact that IMO, Duff and Axl are more prone to embelishment.

Izzy of course, rules them all  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 04:39:46 PM »

Jarmo I can't help feeling you're always leaning to the Axl side Undecided, I know you own 4 VR albums and you've seen them 5 times but still, is there any truth to this or is it just me Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 04:47:05 PM »

Jarmo I can't help feeling you're always leaning to the Axl side Undecided, I know you own 4 VR albums and you've seen them 5 times but still, is there any truth to this or is it just me Huh

I don't lean to any sides. It's just because VR are doing things that I can actually comment on that people think I'm taking sides.

I could spend days whining about how Axl's taking too long to put out an album (because I'd like to hear it). But I know that won't help, so I don't bother (unlike many others who keep whining year after year).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 04:50:32 PM »

Ask Josh Todd if Slash is a liar. Didnt Josh claiim that Slash told him he was going to get the gig then Slash claimed Josh was never being considered or something to that effect?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 05:05:56 PM »

Ask Josh Todd if Slash is a liar. Didnt Josh claiim that Slash told him he was going to get the gig then Slash claimed Josh was never being considered or something to that effect?

And what does this have to do with the question I asked Jarmo? Roll Eyes. I'm not trying to defend slash here...so I can't see how that response applies to my question?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 05:12:32 PM by Grouse » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 05:10:39 PM »

It's not that difficult to answer your question.

Axl called Slash a liar in a press release. Axl has a reputation of being somebody who speaks his mind and therefore people assume he's telling the truth.

3) Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=82

Im quite aware of that comment, and I essentially agree with your post. ?I also think Hilel Slovaks assessment is fairly accurate. ?However, that wasnt my question. ?My question is can these detractors back up the allegation? ?

For example, Dave is obviously the biggest proponent of this theory (see my examples), and you would assume that this thread would be a teriffic opportunity for him to list all of Slashs countless lies...and this is what we get?:

Not to my knowledge, but you tell us. ?Youre the one who thinks hes lying, shouldnt you have something to base that on? ?Let us know what that is. ?yes
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 06:59:45 PM »

he said he didn't watch the vma's, then I think Adler set his foot in it by telling people how he called Slash asking if he saw it, and Slash said yes to him.

Hence, Slash is a liar.
  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2005, 07:26:42 PM »

not really, what Ive heard is that Slash wanted to work with Josh. but Josh was still a bit too fond of partying and drugs, and Slash said if he was gonna play with them he had to get clean. which he didn't have any interest in doing at the time.

but Booker is right, let's see if anyone can produce a list of Slash's lies.

and to Woody, he probably said that because he didn't want to comment on it. Ive done things similar to that a lot of times, and I don't consider myself a liar...DO YOU!? hehe

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 12:40:32 AM »

Everybody lies now and then, does that make them a liar.  I wouldn't classify either Axl or Slash as liars.  I definitely trust Slash's word more than Axl's, but I don't think either are liars.  I really don't get a very anit-Slash vibe from this board.  In fact there is far more Axl bashing here than Slash bashing.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: