Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:24:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash The Liar?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash The Liar?  (Read 62439 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 01:40:27 AM »

Well, I haven't seen a list of Slash's lies yet, here.  What are you talking about?  Lies about what?  His time in GnR? The reason he left?  Huh? Everything I've read about his reason for leaving GnR is pretty much the same.  I've also never heard him bash Axl at all, in public.  He actually defends him, at times.  Axl's just bitter because everybody left.   
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 06:46:31 AM »

You can't just call someone a liar without hard evidence.  Don't forget you cannot believe everything you read, you're a bit naive if you think what the press print is 100% accurate lol.  That principal works for Axl aswell.

I believe what i hear, especially when it comes to GN'R related stuff.  And for me whenever i have heard Slash interviews he's fairly consistant.  If he is asked a question then he answers it.  He must get fed up of being asked the same questions 200 x times. And as far as i am concerned he is consistant.  Of course he's going to answer somedays when he's a bit pissed off,  as we all do or would if you have to keep explaining a situation. 

I have never heard him give answers that made me think what a liar. Because for evertime i have heard him have a go at Axl, i have heard equal or more amounts of praise.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005, 07:49:19 AM »

i just dont think some ppl can handle the fact slash is doing what he loves doing the most, making music, while giving his fans something to be happy about

must be jealously or sumtin
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005, 08:56:01 AM »

3) Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does.
Once an egotistical fuckhead, always an egotistical fuckhead.  Angry

Fuck 'Em All.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2005, 09:14:08 AM »

3) Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does.
Once an egotistical fuckhead, always an egotistical fuckhead.? Angry

as if slash hasn't got an ego wtf??? hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2005, 10:17:15 AM »

If I break up with my gf and someones askes the reasons, I'm sure we both give different answers.

I think it's just Slash giving his side of the stroy and Axl his.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2005, 10:45:59 AM »

So I guess nobody is willing to back the claim up?
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2005, 10:47:15 AM »

I don' t think Slash is a liar. He just seems to vary his stories from time to time.? hihi

For example, back then when Izzy was still in the band, I guess Slash was perfectly happy with him as a rhythm guitarist. When Izzy left and Gilby came, Slash said something along the lines of that he could never really play well together with Izzy anyway, so Gilby' s the perfect solution.
Now that he is in VR, I remember him saying the same thing, that he could never really play together with Izzy or Gilby, but with Kushner everything' s great.? Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2005, 06:17:05 PM »

You mean this one?

Slash on TSI
"I love recording like this, means Slash. During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!"

hem.passagen.se/snoqalf/art-199311-OK.html

I wouldn't call it a lie but I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this bit. Sad
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 06:20:56 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2005, 04:42:55 AM »

Yeah, that' s what I meant. It also made me sad to read that  Sad
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2005, 07:57:09 AM »

Well that quote about Izzy is over 10 years old, maybe he still thinks that and maybe he doesn't.  Time does help you see things differently, i'm sure if we could all look up everything we have ever said to people, we would find some contradictions. It's just the way things work lol.

But even then his quote on Izzy, is of an opinion he had over 10 years ago and not a lie is it?

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2005, 08:31:17 AM »

No, it' s not a lie and I didn' t say it was one. My point was just that now that he has Dave Kushner he says he also could never play with Gilby, of whom he was so fond back then.
I think he just says what' s the most appropriate in his situation (who wouldn't). I mean, what would Kushner think if Slash would say something like "Playing with Dave is really horrible. With Izzy/Gilby it was much better"  hihi
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2005, 09:16:09 AM »

Slash was probably bitter about Izzy quitting the band when he said that.

As to Slash changing his story, give the guy a break. It's a miracle the guy can remember anything from back then

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2005, 01:53:40 PM »

Yeah, you really can't put too much stock in stuff guys like Slash said back in the day.  He was fucked up constantly.  I know I say plenty of stupid shit when I'm fucked up.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2005, 06:51:58 PM »

I`m sure you wouldn`t get the whole truth from either of them.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 10:34:07 AM »

I was reading old interviews to find some quotes for another thread, but here's something he lied about.

This is what we were told in 2001:

"I came down with walking pneumonia," he said Thursday (May 31). "For the first time in my career, I reached a point where I was working so hard, and I started getting sick, but I didn't pay attention to it. Finally, I was feeling really crappy so I went to a doctor in Pittsburgh to see what was up, and he said, 'You're really sick.' They wouldn't let me leave the hospital for five days".

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=379

This is what we were told in 2004:

Or when he collapsed with alcohol poisoning before a show in Pittsburgh in 2000, which landed him in hospital for four weeks.

Gunning It (Velvet Revolver)
The Times, June 5th 2004

There you go, just to point out that even Slash have lied.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 11:45:22 AM »

"I came down with walking pneumonia," he said Thursday (May 31). "For the first time in my career, I reached a point where I was working so hard, and I started getting sick, but I didn't pay attention to it. Finally, I was feeling really crappy so I went to a doctor in Pittsburgh to see what was up, and he said, 'You're really sick.' They wouldn't let me leave the hospital for five days".

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=379

This is what we were told in 2004:

Or when he collapsed with alcohol poisoning before a show in Pittsburgh in 2000, which landed him in hospital for four weeks.

Gunning It (Velvet Revolver)
The Times, June 5th 2004

There you go, just to point out that even Slash have lied.? hihi

To address the last point first, the point of this thread wasnt necessarily to argue that Slash has never been dishonest in his life, but that hes not the so-called "liar" that some people would like to believe he is. ?And lets not confuse the issue, when Dave and others repeatedly call Slash a liar, theyre certainly not referring to this particular instance when he wasnt completely honest about serious health issues (which he did later discuss honestly). ?I believe theyve been calling him a liar for years, before this situation ever really came to light.

And while Slash wasnt honest about the situation at first, lets again remember that serious health problems were the issue and often times are kept personal at the expense of the truth. ?So is it techinally a lie? ?I suppose so (although Im not completely sure that he didnt have pneumonia in addition to the alcohol poisoning), but the gist was accurate: the tour was cut short due to medical problems. ?It just turns out the problems were even more serious than he initially stated...If that warrants the "liar" tag, then I suppose comments from other members could do the same. ?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 11:48:33 AM »

Now you come across as somebody who's trying to defend his actions. Oh wait, that sounds familiar.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 11:56:50 AM »

Now you come across as somebody who's trying to defend his actions. Oh wait, that sounds familiar.? hihi

And similarly, you come across as somebody whos trying to dodge the points that were made.  But what else is new?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2005, 11:58:11 AM »

To address the last point first, the point of this thread wasnt necessarily to argue that Slash has never been dishonest in his life, but that hes not the so-called "liar" that some people would like to believe he is.  And lets not confuse the issue, when Dave and others repeatedly call Slash a liar, theyre certainly not referring to this particular instance when he wasnt completely honest about serious health issues (which he did later discuss honestly).  I believe theyve been calling him a liar for years, before this situation ever really came to light. 

So in short, you started this thread just to accuse "Dave and others" of not giving the proof?

What a thread?!and What an objective!

I thought you wanted to look into the matter objectively, to be more objective than "such an objective group of fans".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 12:09:31 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: