Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:01:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash The Liar?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash The Liar?  (Read 62470 times)
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2006, 09:13:09 AM »

Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does.

truer words have never been spoken.
Origen
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2006, 09:19:23 AM »

Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does.

truer words have never been spoken.

I've got to say something cause I'm sick of reading your crap in the GnR section and now your coming here and doing it.

What makes Slash wrong and Axl right? Nothink you weren't there and you know shit about what happened.
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

i'm glad you are sick of my posts because i wouldn't want someone like you agreeing with them. that being said, slash has lied about gnr multiple times, i'm not gonna even bother digging up the quotes. just read this thread for fuck's sake. stop defending a liar, and for your information i was linked to this thread and told to post in it in the gnr section. fuck you you pathetic bitch.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 10:03:31 AM by axlirs » Logged
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2006, 10:19:21 AM »

i'm glad you are sick of my posts because i wouldn't want someone like you agreeing with them. that being said, slash has lied about gnr multiple times, i'm not gonna even bother digging up the quotes. just read this thread for fuck's sake. stop defending a liar, and for your information i was linked to this thread and told to post in it in the gnr section. fuck you you pathetic bitch.

dig up the quotes...if u have prove then surely u should present that proof b4 throwing false accusations & slandering a nice man who was part of a band that we all loved so go f urself u lil prick!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2006, 11:14:51 AM »

fuck you you pathetic bitch.

This will be tolerated because he is an Axl worshipper...

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2006, 12:09:45 PM »

OH so you like falcon also know slash said it was HIS idea for the horn section yet still ask me to find the quote.

Hold on there a second Beavis, you never produced any evidence of Slash admitting to that...

I dont recall the quote about the horns..

Me either, it's never been produced/documented.

From May 2006 issue of classic rock:

'It was Slash who had been mainly responsible for putting together the Guns N' Roses big band. "Around the time Gilby joined I was looking for someone to fill out songs like November Rain and get them to sound more like the reocrd," he said in a TV interview.
"Axl really got into that idea too. I didn't want anything corny like three guys in tuxedos all moving in unison, so I got some chicks to do it. But that hasn't changed the way we play," he added. "It's as chaotic as it's always been."'

From Behind The Music 2004:

Slash: "November Rain sucked. What was with the horns?"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 12:18:03 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2006, 12:15:49 PM »

Haha guess not he's banned now  hihi
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2006, 12:33:02 PM »

Haha guess not he's banned now? hihi

I stand corrected.

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2006, 12:37:31 PM »

I've been thinking about these "slash the liar" claims people make and feel the need to join the frey:

I think before anyone calls slash a liar they should consider the following factors:

1. Some of the printed quotes will be out of context / made up by the journalists (obviously this doesn't apply to audio/video  interviews etc)

2. He admits himself to having abused substances in the past which may have altered his memory/perception of an event thus creating an inconsistancy.

3. He may have made mistakes in interviews by virtue of the fact that many of the events he is asked about relate to situations and events that are now a long time ago.

4. Sometimes its a matter of perspective. Its common for people to have conversations without a true meeting of the minds. So like Slash may consider that something was clear or said, and maybe someone else around thought it went down slightly different. You find this a lot with witnesses to events and things - they will often slighlty contradict each other about how something went down and who said what. its not they they lie, some things are a matter of interpretation and perspective.

5. Some of these things - like the reason for leaving GNR etc - are most likely complex. You know like who do people get a divorse - sometimes theres one reason - but sometimes its a host of reasons.  He gets asked the same stuff day in day out in interviews and has only a short time to get an answer out and return to the real subject matter of his press apperance (like for VR or something) - so its likley that if the true answer is hard to express in words (cos its  emotional) or like would take 30 mins to talk out or something - he'd just summarise it down a lot. And when summarising its likely on different days you'd have different feelings about which are the important parts to tell etc.

Anyway...so in short I think it seems a bit drastic to insult the guy like that.

At the risk of being slightly off topic - I also want to add - that it frustrates me no end the way the GNR fan base has become polarised into this Axl vs Slash war.

I personally think Slash is one of the best guitarists of all time, in terms of composition of his solos, the emotive way he plays, his dynamic stage presence, I could go on and on. He is the reason I myself took up guitar.

But does this mean I think Axl sucks? Hell no....I think he is one of the best front men of all time, the complex and interesting lyrics, amazing voice, amazing stage presence.

The bottom line is both those guys are pure rock and roll - and just because they can't get on anymore, and now express their creative talents in different outlets - doesn't mean that either of them has to be wrong or right or that any of them suck.

Its the same with the new vs old band stuff. To me the old band is clearly one of the best bands of all time - rock history will remember them - and the records will live on when they're all dead. However does this mean that the new band suck? Not in my mind - from the leaks - and the new songs we saw live - it seems that the new band have a huge amount of potential to release a truely great album in CD. In order to accept one as great we dont have to bash the other one, they can co-exist as excellent.

Sorry for the rant..but I just get sick of all this negative energy in the GNR/VR fan base - be it Axl Bashing, Slash Bashing, VR basing, GNR lineup bashing etc etc...but yeah - I dont think slash is a liar....

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2006, 12:50:39 PM »

On the Eddie Trunk radio interview last week Axl said that UYI was basically Slash and him taking over the band and Izzy in his own little drug world. Well Izzy was clean since '89 so that wasn't true either. Yet no one talks about that Tongue

I think with the Slash is a liar thing people are overreacting, monkeychow said it well in the ^ post
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

I've been thinking about these "slash the liar" claims people make and feel the need to join the frey:

I think before anyone calls slash a liar they should consider the following factors:

1. Some of the printed quotes will be out of context / made up by the journalists (obviously this doesn't apply to audio/video? interviews etc)

2. He admits himself to having abused substances in the past which may have altered his memory/perception of an event thus creating an inconsistancy.

3. He may have made mistakes in interviews by virtue of the fact that many of the events he is asked about relate to situations and events that are now a long time ago.

4. Sometimes its a matter of perspective. Its common for people to have conversations without a true meeting of the minds. So like Slash may consider that something was clear or said, and maybe someone else around thought it went down slightly different. You find this a lot with witnesses to events and things - they will often slighlty contradict each other about how something went down and who said what. its not they they lie, some things are a matter of interpretation and perspective.

5. Some of these things - like the reason for leaving GNR etc - are most likely complex. You know like who do people get a divorse - sometimes theres one reason - but sometimes its a host of reasons.? He gets asked the same stuff day in day out in interviews and has only a short time to get an answer out and return to the real subject matter of his press apperance (like for VR or something) - so its likley that if the true answer is hard to express in words (cos its? emotional) or like would take 30 mins to talk out or something - he'd just summarise it down a lot. And when summarising its likely on different days you'd have different feelings about which are the important parts to tell etc.

Anyway...so in short I think it seems a bit drastic to insult the guy like that.

At the risk of being slightly off topic - I also want to add - that it frustrates me no end the way the GNR fan base has become polarised into this Axl vs Slash war.

I personally think Slash is one of the best guitarists of all time, in terms of composition of his solos, the emotive way he plays, his dynamic stage presence, I could go on and on. He is the reason I myself took up guitar.

But does this mean I think Axl sucks? Hell no....I think he is one of the best front men of all time, the complex and interesting lyrics, amazing voice, amazing stage presence.

The bottom line is both those guys are pure rock and roll - and just because they can't get on anymore, and now express their creative talents in different outlets - doesn't mean that either of them has to be wrong or right or that any of them suck.

Its the same with the new vs old band stuff. To me the old band is clearly one of the best bands of all time - rock history will remember them - and the records will live on when they're all dead. However does this mean that the new band suck? Not in my mind - from the leaks - and the new songs we saw live - it seems that the new band have a huge amount of potential to release a truely great album in CD. In order to accept one as great we dont have to bash the other one, they can co-exist as excellent.

Sorry for the rant..but I just get sick of all this negative energy in the GNR/VR fan base - be it Axl Bashing, Slash Bashing, VR basing, GNR lineup bashing etc etc...but yeah - I dont think slash is a liar....

Great post, monkeychow? ok Couldn' t agree more.
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2006, 05:19:53 PM »

you know what Slash is amazing and axl is amazing. but they just dont get along. so stop bitching we have GNR back now. at full force and the album will be great. so why are you fucking complaining about axls X band mates. stop being little fucking geeks on your computers and realize not only do we have a bad ass GNR we also have RnFnR Velvet Revolver. 2 bands. great music. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2006, 02:09:50 PM »

i would reply, but monkeychow said it all

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2006, 02:16:21 PM »

This topic is like beating a dead horse. I'm surprised it hasn't been locked already. No one hear is ever going to know the exact God honest truth about what really happened anyway.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2006, 12:53:49 PM »

you know what Slash is amazing and axl is amazing. but they just dont get along. so stop bitching we have GNR back now. at full force and the album will be great. so why are you fucking complaining about axls X band mates. stop being little fucking geeks on your computers and realize not only do we have a bad ass GNR we also have RnFnR Velvet Revolver. 2 bands. great music. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

thats the best post i've seen in a while.

it comes down to axl's word vs slash's word.. believe what you want

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2006, 10:04:42 AM »

So you'll always have your more younger crowd that might be only or mostly into new gnr, so that's their fav, or the older crowd into the gnr that was famous..

I don't think it's as simple as that. Just because it's true in your case, doesn't mean you can make such generalizations. I know lots of people (me included) who have been fans since the early days, and still pay more interest in the new GNR, and then there's lots of young fans who say "GNR is dead without Slash" etc.

I can only speak for the people I know who are older, the people I met each night at hammerstein who were older, and people in general who are older.. They will be more partial to the gnr they grew up with, that is only normal.. The older sabbath fans would be more partial to ozzy then dio because they lived it.. many younger people didn't experience it so it's not the same, it's easier to love something you are seeing while growing up..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2006, 10:09:16 AM »

we have gnr back now, why cause axl is back with some hired people.. maybe that's gnr to you man... GNR isn't just some guys you find after they ruled the world, it's the guys who made it what they are today.. I think some people want gnr so badly they will take whatever it is as long as it's called gnr and axl fronts it... I'll always be looking for the reunion regardless of wether it happens or not.. It's like the current tour, afd mostly plus two cover and some new songs...  It's like a carbon copy of the old days, who wants replacements when you can have the people that actually created the music? No doubt they are talented musicians, ron thal is a great guy, it's just not the same seeing those guys playing other people's famous parts..
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2006, 09:55:25 AM »

we have gnr back now, why cause axl is back with some hired people.. maybe that's gnr to you man... GNR isn't just some guys you find after they ruled the world, it's the guys who made it what they are today.. I think some people want gnr so badly they will take whatever it is as long as it's called gnr and axl fronts it... I'll always be looking for the reunion regardless of wether it happens or not.. It's like the current tour, afd mostly plus two cover and some new songs...? It's like a carbon copy of the old days, who wants replacements when you can have the people that actually created the music? No doubt they are talented musicians, ron thal is a great guy, it's just not the same seeing those guys playing other people's famous parts..

You got it... It is disgusting when you see these shows advertised as the legendary group Guns N Roses or Legendary rockers G n' R..  There is only one legend in the band..... Such a scam.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2006, 12:07:15 PM »

we have gnr back now, why cause axl is back with some hired people.. maybe that's gnr to you man... GNR isn't just some guys you find after they ruled the world, it's the guys who made it what they are today.. I think some people want gnr so badly they will take whatever it is as long as it's called gnr and axl fronts it... I'll always be looking for the reunion regardless of wether it happens or not.. It's like the current tour, afd mostly plus two cover and some new songs...? It's like a carbon copy of the old days, who wants replacements when you can have the people that actually created the music? No doubt they are talented musicians, ron thal is a great guy, it's just not the same seeing those guys playing other people's famous parts..

You got it... It is disgusting when you see these shows advertised as the legendary group Guns N Roses or Legendary rockers G n' R..? There is only one legend in the band..... Such a scam.

well axl is selling these venues and such by living off the past but acting like it's a return.. It's like the vmas wehn jimmy fallon intriduced them.. One of my favorite bands of all time" Please he was talking about the real gnr, he nevr had anything from the new.. afd illusions.. No sence, you either get it, or you live in the state that one man is a legandary rock band
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: