Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227889 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 89288 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #620 on: September 16, 2007, 11:54:18 AM »

I'm hoping they can at least make the 400,000 mark and we get a new album.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #621 on: September 16, 2007, 04:02:19 PM »

how do you know that?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2007, 04:52:17 PM »

At this rate I don't think there is any chance of the album reaching 400,000 before the end of the year, and if it reaches it some time next year it wouldn't be of any significance. I like Libertad, but at this point it's officially a flop and the guys in VR have to have realised that by now. I'm hoping it doesn't affect any plans they have on continuing to record but who knows. If I had to make any predictions I would say we'll see another album but not for a while. With their current level of popularity VR isn't as much of an obligation and they can take a lot of time between VR related projects and explore a lot of outside interests which basically everyone outside of Dave seems to have. If they wait 5 years to release another album the same people who picked up Libertad will probably pick up whatever they put out.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #623 on: September 19, 2007, 07:39:58 AM »

I disagree. if this album ends up selling poorly, I expect they will release a new album very soon after it.
I have seen it happen before with bands when they have an album that is usually good, but sells poorly.
the downside is that in doing this, they will take a little step backwards and make another album that resembles Contraband, instead of continuing to experiment with different things like they have done on Libertad, and that I am very pleased with.

it's just a theory though. and I hope the sales will pick up for the reason that I want to see them continue to evolve as a band, because they're headed in a direction that I like a lot!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #624 on: September 19, 2007, 05:48:24 PM »

109: Velvet Revolver - Libertad:  5,310 (Cume: 226,782)

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #625 on: September 19, 2007, 07:34:03 PM »

thats 2,000 less than previous weeks where it was consistently selling 7,000-8,000.

I think it'll start to slip off now, never to be in the top 100 again. "the last fight" was not the savior.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #626 on: September 19, 2007, 07:35:28 PM »

Nothing can save it.  I mean, I still hear "Rockstar" all day on the radio.  I guess VR isn't radio friendly. 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #627 on: September 19, 2007, 07:41:44 PM »

Nothing can save it.? I mean, I still hear "Rockstar" all day on the radio.? I guess VR isn't radio friendly.?

You mean Nickelback?  Fucking A, man.  What a sad state of affairs for rock music these days.

Ali
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #628 on: September 19, 2007, 11:12:57 PM »

Nothing can save it.  I mean, I still hear "Rockstar" all day on the radio.  I guess VR isn't radio friendly. 

Try living in Canada where 35% of all music broadcast per hour must be Canadian.  It is Nickleback all the time...someone shoot me

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #629 on: September 19, 2007, 11:31:54 PM »

Try living in Canada where 35% of all music broadcast per hour must be Canadian.  It is Nickleback all the time...someone shoot me

I am SOOO sorry for you.  Cry

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #630 on: September 20, 2007, 02:17:48 AM »

I disagree. if this album ends up selling poorly, I expect they will release a new album very soon after it.

That would be the wise move if they want VR to last for yearrs to come, however Scott has mentioned many times doing a solo album and he might be more interested in releasing that and to tour for that since Libertad sold so poorly. I've read interviews were the guys say they are booked for the next year on tour, I can't really see that happening, especially more touring in the US behind Libertad unless they play theaters. 
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #631 on: September 20, 2007, 03:05:57 AM »

Nothing can save it. I mean, I still hear "Rockstar" all day on the radio. I guess VR isn't radio friendly.

Try living in Canada where 35% of all music broadcast per hour must be Canadian. It is Nickleback all the time...someone shoot me

they tried to pass that law in Norway too a couple of years ago I seem to remember.
it doesnt really matter, there might be some good radio shows and stuff, but they always push Norwegian music down your throat even if there is no law. I say, if the music aint good enough (which it VERY often isnt), then dont play it! play something else instead thats worthy, no matter where its from.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: