Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:59:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 207996 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1520 on: January 03, 2008, 11:32:55 AM »

its strange to me how you are giving slash advice about what his own life experiences were and are.

That's your opinion about what I'm doing which might not be what I'm actually doing.

i know , you always say, "got proof? get me a link, etc." so i gave it to you. now, going forward, do you want proof and links or not? just let me know. thanks..

I think it's amusing how you spend time looking me up and checking who I got in my "top friends" while calling me immature when we both know that you should not be making those comments.

Yes I've asked people for proof regarding shit the say about GN'R. I didn't mean you need to provide proof that I chose not to argue with some guy in New York, who wants to feel special, over Christmas.  Smiley

I hope you didn't feel neglected over New Year's.  Embarrassed

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1521 on: January 03, 2008, 11:37:14 AM »

its strange to me how you are giving slash advice about what his own life experiences were and are.

That's your opinion about what I'm doing which might not be what I'm actually doing.

i know , you always say, "got proof? get me a link, etc." so i gave it to you. now, going forward, do you want proof and links or not? just let me know. thanks..

I think it's amusing how you spend time looking me up and checking who I got in my "top friends" while calling me immature when we both know that you should not be making those comments.

Yes I've asked people for proof regarding shit the say about GN'R. I didn't mean you need to provide proof that I chose not to argue with some guy in New York, who wants to feel special, over Christmas.? Smiley

I hope you didn't feel neglected over New Year's.? Embarrassed

/jarmo

thanks for telling me that something i wrote was my own opinion...oh, yeah, it was my own opinion. you still didnt answer my question, why does the book upset you so much? as for me feeling special, of course i feel special because jarmo reponds to my posts, silly boy....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1522 on: January 03, 2008, 04:11:28 PM »

you still didnt answer my question, why does the book upset you so much?

For an educated person, you reading ability seems a bit spotty at times:

i ask you again, why does the book upset you so much??

I just don't like dishonesty. I don't think the book gives an honest picture of what went on (the factual errors and I also wouldn't be shocked if the rest is also not exactly truthful).

I don't like one former member using his book to "set the record straight" regarding my favorite band, when most fans know how fucked up he was at the time, that a majority of his book takes place.

I'm not personally upset, I just offer the readers a chance to see that maybe everything in the book isn't exactly true.

It's like when a newspaper publishes something using huge headlines, then it turns out to be untrue and the retraction is only a small footnote in tomorrow's paper.

How many people will know that the original story was bullshit?

There, I already answered it and yet you claim I didn't.....

This reminds me of the times I've repeated things to readers of Slash's book....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1523 on: January 03, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »

you still didnt answer my question, why does the book upset you so much?

For an educated person, you reading ability seems a bit spotty at times:

i ask you again, why does the book upset you so much??

I just don't like dishonesty. I don't think the book gives an honest picture of what went on (the factual errors and I also wouldn't be shocked if the rest is also not exactly truthful).

I don't like one former member using his book to "set the record straight" regarding my favorite band, when most fans know how fucked up he was at the time, that a majority of his book takes place.

I'm not personally upset, I just offer the readers a chance to see that maybe everything in the book isn't exactly true.

It's like when a newspaper publishes something using huge headlines, then it turns out to be untrue and the retraction is only a small footnote in tomorrow's paper.

How many people will know that the original story was bullshit?

There, I already answered it and yet you claim I didn't.....

This reminds me of the times I've repeated things to readers of Slash's book....? hihi

/jarmo

my point was (and still is) i dont know why you are so upset. you say you aren't upset or in a tizzy about the book, but you are. you have constantly posted that its full of lies, errors, etc...that's fine. we have heard you loud and clear. that's your opinion, no problem. but, because you react this way about the book and keep posting that it is all lies, etc. in an ENTIRE thread you started to post errors about the book, makes one reasonably conclude that it upsets you so much. its only a book, man....take a deep breath, back away from the book, and move on. im sure slash will forgive you....oh, and about that analogy you gave about a false article in the newspaper and people getting the truth, get off your high-horse! people can read and analyze for themselves the validity of something. who are you to tell them how to interpret a set of facts? you come off like your word and opinion is the only right answer and everyone but you must be wrong...that's terribly arrogant and i have more faith in people's intelligence, especially gnr fans.....

$ibelieveinaxl$
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 04:41:20 PM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1524 on: January 03, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »

my point was (and still is) i dont know why you are so upset. you say you aren't upset or in a tizzy about the book, but you are. you have constantly posted that its full of lies, errors, etc...that's fine. we have heard you loud and clear. that's your opinion, no problem. but, because you react this way about the book and keep posting that it is all lies, etc. in an ENTIRE thread you started to post errors about the book, makes one reasonably conclude that it upsets you so much. its only a book, man....take a deep breath, back away from the book, and move on. im sure slash will forgive you....

It's all explained in plain English there.

Now, since you keep going on and on about what I do, even off this site, one can come to the conclusion you're upset about something. Take a step back, don't worry about me or who I have on my Myspace top friends.

oh, and about that analogy you gave about a false article in the newspaper and people getting the truth, get off your high-horse!

Nowhere did I say my opinion was better. Only you have this "high horse complex" with me.

If I didn't know better, I'd blame it on good old jealousy! But since you claim you have nothing to be jealous off, because I'm only a nerd with a web site, that must be true. You've never said something while your actions show the opposite have you?

I said I want to give people the right facts as far as I can tell. It happens to be one of the reasons this site exists.

people can read and analyze for themselves the validity of something. who are you to tell them how to interpret a set of facts? you come off like your word and opinion is the only right answer and everyone but you must be wrong...that's terribly arrogant and i have more faith in people's intelligence, especially gnr fans.....

$ibelieveinaxl$

You have faith in people's intelligence?

No, once again, I didn't claim my opinion was better. But since this board, which happens to belong to a site I started, gives me an opportunity to share my view with other GN'R fans, I decided to use that opportunity. Instead of letting people like you silence me.

If you actually have all that faith in people's intelligence, you wouldn't be insulting mine time after time. And maybe you would let people read my posts, read the book and judge the facts for themselves.  Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:01:21 PM by jarmo » Logged

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1525 on: January 03, 2008, 05:05:15 PM »

my point was (and still is) i dont know why you are so upset. you say you aren't upset or in a tizzy about the book, but you are. you have constantly posted that its full of lies, errors, etc...that's fine. we have heard you loud and clear. that's your opinion, no problem. but, because you react this way about the book and keep posting that it is all lies, etc. in an ENTIRE thread you started to post errors about the book, makes one reasonably conclude that it upsets you so much. its only a book, man....take a deep breath, back away from the book, and move on. im sure slash will forgive you....

It's all explained in plain English there.

Now, since you keep going on and on about what I do, even off this site, one can come to the conclusion you're upset about something. Take a step back, don't worry about me or who I have on my Myspace top friends.

oh, and about that analogy you gave about a false article in the newspaper and people getting the truth, get off your high-horse!

Nowhere did I say my opinion was better. Only you have this "high horse complex" with me.

If I didn't know better, I'd blame it on good old jealousy! But since you claim you have nothing to be jealous off, because I'm only a nerd with a web site, that must be true. You've never said something while your actions show the opposite have you?

I said I want to give people the right facts as far as I can tell. It happens to be one of the reasons this site exists.

people can read and analyze for themselves the validity of something. who are you to tell them how to interpret a set of facts? you come off like your word and opinion is the only right answer and everyone but you must be wrong...that's terribly arrogant and i have more faith in people's intelligence, especially gnr fans.....

$ibelieveinaxl$

You have faith in people's intelligence?

No, once again, I didn't claim my opinion was better. But since this board, which happens to belong to a site I started, gives me an opportunity to share my view with other GN'R fans, I decided to use that opportunity. Instead of letting people like you silence me.

If you actually have all that faith in people's intelligence, you wouldn't be insulting mine time after time. And maybe you would let people read my posts, read the book and judge the facts for themselves.? Smiley

/jarmo

Jarmo, darling, i am jealous of you, come on! you're a rock star! you say i insult you, well, i just give my opinion and if it's different than yours, than you say im insulting you. so, according to you, i must be insulting you because i dont agree with your opinion 100% of the time...im sorry...but , im still jealous of you, you got me there....

SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1526 on: January 03, 2008, 10:25:25 PM »

Jarmo ... he's not the only one with the high horse complex you talk of.  Plenty of people think you're on one Cheesy

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1527 on: January 04, 2008, 12:32:59 PM »

Jarmo, darling, i am jealous of you, come on! you're a rock star! you say i insult you, well, i just give my opinion and if it's different than yours, than you say im insulting you. so, according to you, i must be insulting you because i dont agree with your opinion 100% of the time...im sorry...but , im still jealous of you, you got me there....

No, get it right.

You're the one telling me that me posting my opinion is insulting to others. You're so great because you let others decide while I post my opinion, whoch makes me a bad person. The fact that you basically treat me like I'm some kind of fool is not insulting at all.

You obviously didn't even bother addressing the issue. You want me to be quiet because I don't agree with you.

That's basically it.

You keeping track of when I'm logged in, who I talk to etc. is just "normal"....  Roll Eyes

Try to joke it all away and ignore the questions. That's what you do time after time.

Jarmo ... he's not the only one with the high horse complex you talk of.  Plenty of people think you're on one Cheesy

This comes from somebody who could be described as pompous ....

In nice words.  Smiley

/jarmo

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #1528 on: January 04, 2008, 01:28:52 PM »

IMO

slash is the best person availablt to write about things that happend at this point in time, because i dont see any othr member writing a book

it may have erros, what book doesnt

that was his recorlection of events, and thats that

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1529 on: January 04, 2008, 01:34:57 PM »

No, get it right.

You're the one telling me that me posting my opinion is insulting to others. You're so great because you let others decide while I post my opinion, whoch makes me a bad person. The fact that you basically treat me like I'm some kind of fool is not insulting at all.

You obviously didn't even bother addressing the issue. You want me to be quiet because I don't agree with you.

That's basically it.

You keeping track of when I'm logged in, who I talk to etc. is just "normal"....? Roll Eyes

Try to joke it all away and ignore the questions. That's what you do time after time.

Jarmo ... he's not the only one with the high horse complex you talk of.? Plenty of people think you're on one Cheesy

This comes from somebody who could be described as pompous ....

In nice words.? Smiley

/jarmo

jarmo, of course im tracking you. i want to read everything you have to say. you're the man here, so i need to know what you have to say. dont try to state that im just here to follow you around and that i am here stating "you are on your high-horse, etc." i've been on your site since 1996 and i NEVER posted until 2003 or so and I have NEVER replied to a post you wrote disagreeing with you until about a year ago!!!! so, please look at the facts and you will know that i only have replied to your posts where i have a difference of opinion with you. i am a busy person and i do have a lot of other things to do besides post on your site...its not me, jarmo, its you. many other people on YOUR board have said the same things about you that i have....im not special in that regard...so what do you do about those people that have been objective and disagreed with you? you have bashed them in the threads, deleted their posts, or banned them...its not me, man...look in the mirror.....

$ibelieveinaxl$$$$$$$

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1530 on: January 04, 2008, 01:45:21 PM »

You're pretty creepy, and crazy.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1531 on: January 04, 2008, 01:53:47 PM »

jarmo, of course im tracking you. i want to read everything you have to say. you're the man here, so i need to know what you have to say. dont try to state that im just here to follow you around and that i am here stating "you are on your high-horse, etc." i've been on your site since 1996 and i NEVER posted until 2003 or so and I have NEVER replied to a post you wrote disagreeing with you until about a year ago!!!! so, please look at the facts and you will know that i only have replied to your posts where i have a difference of opinion with you. i am a busy person and i do have a lot of other things to do besides post on your site...its not me, jarmo, its you. many other people on YOUR board have said the same things about you that i have....im not special in that regard...so what do you do about those people that have been objective and disagreed with you? you have bashed them in the threads, deleted their posts, or banned them...its not me, man...look in the mirror.....

$ibelieveinaxl$$$$$$$

Hey look at the post above, a few of us think you're a creepy guy. So it's not just me. Smiley

You must be very busy keeping track of me and my friends.  Smiley

Don't tell me about objective, you wouldn't know about it. Many of them are uninformed and their opinions were formed because they choose to believe bullshit and rumors. How can that be objective?

Just like when you chose to believe the people in Portland. Because you talked to them. You heard one side of the story and chose to call GN'R liars.

Now that's pretty common, many people do that because it's the easiest thing to do. But only some are claiming to be objective. To call yourself (whoever it may be) objective in the case mentioned earlier, wrong in my opinion.

Often these so called objective people also chose to disrespect the board by posting links to things they shouldn't be. Yet they like you to believe I banned them for disagreeing with me.

Poor victims....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1532 on: January 04, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »

$ibelieveinaxl$$$$$$$

Hey look at the post above, a few of us think you're a creepy guy. So it's not just me. Smiley

You must be very busy keeping track of me and my friends.? Smiley

Don't tell me about objective, you wouldn't know about it. Many of them are uninformed and their opinions were formed because they choose to believe bullshit and rumors. How can that be objective?

Just like when you chose to believe the people in Portland. Because you talked to them. You heard one side of the story and chose to call GN'R liars.

Now that's pretty common, many people do that because it's the easiest thing to do. But only some are claiming to be objective. To call yourself (whoever it may be) objective in the case mentioned earlier, wrong in my opinion.

Often these so called objective people also chose to disrespect the board by posting links to things they shouldn't be. Yet they like you to believe I banned them for disagreeing with me.

Poor victims....? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

of course im creepy and crazy because i make objective posts responding to your posts...that's why im creepy and crazy! and , i see your cronnie , one of your button men (mod) stated that ...so, i would not expect anything less from jarmo's army.....and there you go again riding on your high-horse with this response and i will quote for the record, "Don't tell me about objective, you wouldn't know about it. Many of them are uninformed and their opinions were formed because they choose to believe bullshit and rumors. How can that be objective?......you say these people are "uniformed" because they choose to believe things that YOU don't believe!!!!!! that is very arrogant and you come off as though your opinion is the only correct one !!!!! unbelieveable!!!! giddy-up!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$ibelieveinaxl$$$$$

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1533 on: January 04, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »

of course im creepy and crazy because i make objective posts responding to your posts...

Sure..... In my opinion, you're not objective.

Only judging by your behavior.  Smiley

i see your cronnie , one of your button men (mod) stated that ...so, i would not expect anything less from jarmo's army.....

Talk about respecting people's intelligence.....

and there you go again riding on your high-horse with this response and i will quote for the record, "Don't tell me about objective, you wouldn't know about it. Many of them are uninformed and their opinions were formed because they choose to believe bullshit and rumors. How can that be objective?......you say these people are "uniformed" because they choose to believe things that YOU don't believe!!!!!! that is very arrogant and you come off as though your opinion is the only correct one !!!!! unbelieveable!!!! giddy-up!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$ibelieveinaxl$$$$$

How is that ignorant?

Many fans are uninformed because they only know what the read in the papers and all the bullshit stories.

I read the same stories too, but chose not to believe everything the press writes.

I guess you disagree with it since you're so upset?

Once again, you didn't even try to show me why I'm wrong, instead it's all about me being on that high horse. You're so fucking predictable.

Apparently I'm not allowed to have an opinion on anything because I'm on a "high horse" but when you try to put me down all the time, you're just being "objective".

How's that possible?

ibelieveinaxl indeed....

By the way, this topic has NOTHING to do with me.

So, if you wanna continue posting, make it about the fucking book.

If you don't like my posts, skip them. Shouldn't be too difficult for a busy person like yourself who's used to skipping posts that you can't answer. Unless you're truly obsessed.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 02:15:06 PM by jarmo » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1534 on: January 04, 2008, 02:14:37 PM »

I wonder if having such a big chip on your shoulder is painful.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1535 on: January 04, 2008, 02:21:22 PM »

of course im creepy and crazy because i make objective posts responding to your posts...

Sure..... In my opinion, you're not objective.

Only judging by your behavior.? Smiley

i see your cronnie , one of your button men (mod) stated that ...so, i would not expect anything less from jarmo's army.....

Talk about respecting people's intelligence.....

and there you go again riding on your high-horse with this response and i will quote for the record, "Don't tell me about objective, you wouldn't know about it. Many of them are uninformed and their opinions were formed because they choose to believe bullshit and rumors. How can that be objective?......you say these people are "uniformed" because they choose to believe things that YOU don't believe!!!!!! that is very arrogant and you come off as though your opinion is the only correct one !!!!! unbelieveable!!!! giddy-up!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$ibelieveinaxl$$$$$

How is that ignorant?

Many fans are uninformed because they only know what the read in the papers and all the bullshit stories.

I read the same stories too, but chose not to believe everything the press writes.

I guess you disagree with it since you're so upset?

Once again, you didn't even try to show me why I'm wrong, instead it's all about me being on that high horse. You're so fucking predictable.

Apparently I'm not allowed to have an opinion on anything because I'm on a "high horse" but when you try to put me down all the time, you're just being "objective".

How's that possible?

ibelieveinaxl indeed....

/jarmo

jarmo, there you go again ....you just answered your own questions about your arrogance and about how other people are stupid and dont know better and that only you know better...and ive said it many times and i'll say it again, it totally fine and cool that you disagree with me. my point is that we all have opinions and they dont always have to be the same. its cool to have objective conversations with people with different points of view and at the end of the day let each person decide for themselves what they want to believe. its arrogant of you to shove your opinions down their throats....i think its good that people disagree...it creates dialogue and then each of us can take what we have learned and come to our OWN conclusions...and also, this is about having objective conversations....as far as gnr and axl rose are concerned, dont even go there with me. you were in diapers when i saw them starting in 1988..you have no clue how much they mean to me and how far i have gone and will go for them. im behind them 100% of the way, so stick to issue at hand: be objective and trade in your horse for a pen...

$ibelieveinaxl$$$$$$$$$$

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1536 on: January 04, 2008, 02:25:29 PM »

I wonder if having such a big chip on your shoulder is painful.

no chip, none at all. just fair dialogue. however, it is touching to see you always coming to jarmos' side to defend him...that is heart-warming...

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1537 on: January 04, 2008, 02:27:21 PM »

You're pretty creepy, and crazy.

You should see the PM threats he sent me about where I live and how he knows the area and how he would meet me to "talk like adults".

I am all for a good debate but there are things that just take it too far. ?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1538 on: January 04, 2008, 02:29:32 PM »

as far as gnr and axl rose are concerned, dont even go there with me. you were in diapers when i saw them starting in 1988..

And I'm the one on the high horse.... This is from the guy who bases his opinion on people based on A.) How long they've been a fan and B.) How long they've been registered here.

By the way, what a lame insult. Diapers? Is that the best you could come up with? And you're wrong. Smiley

Any comments on the book?

/jarmo

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1539 on: January 04, 2008, 02:34:07 PM »

as far as gnr and axl rose are concerned, dont even go there with me. you were in diapers when i saw them starting in 1988..

And I'm the one on the high horse.... This is from the guy who bases his opinion on people based on A.) How long they've been a fan and B.) How long they've been registered here.

By the way, what a lame insult. Diapers? Is that the best you could come up with? And you're wrong. Smiley

Any comments on the book?

/jarmo

Hummm I saw the band in 1988 and he doesn't consider me a real fan either because I have only been registered on the forum 1.5 years.  I wasn't aware being a "real fan" meant I had to be registered to every GNR related site on the net.  I happened to find this place and I happened to like it so I stayed. 

I haven't even begun to read this book yet, frankly but it seems when I do I am going to need a giant red marker to fix it. 
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: