Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:44:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 93933 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #500 on: January 18, 2008, 11:03:48 AM »

Damnit Jarmo, Slash loves Axl and Axl loves Slash. They are the bitter divorced couple that have new lovers that they don't love as much as their old ones. 

I can't confirm one fucking thing I just said and Axl may love Robin more than Slash and Slash may love Scott more than Weiland.  I just felt like making a crazy statement.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #501 on: January 18, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »

Slash made history with Guns , he wrote and took part in one of the greatest bands of our lifetime. Do you expect the media to just ignore the fact and start anew with him? It's his past , it will always be there. I agree with you 100% they asked him because he was in guns , but whats wrong with that? I dont understand you there.

Weren't you banned in the past?

Anyway, I find the contradictions confusing.

He wants to focus on the present (VR), but everything he's done recently relates to GN'R.....

So he wants to focus on VR, but that didn't work as well as he hoped since the record didn't sell and they're back playing smaller venues.

So he writes a book and starts talking about Axl in almost every interview.

It's a book about his life, yet he talks about Axl....

Yeah, GN'R was a big part of his life, but instead of talking about GN'R in general, it's often about one member of the band.....

/jarmo

He gets asked question , so he answers them? I agree it is confusing , he says he wants to focus on VR not GNR. I mean he said he wrote the book to end off all the crap regarding GNR and the questions ( which will never stop , I think every interview with any of the ex members of that line up have gotten that question ) maybe after all the book PR it will be done with.

You are aware Axl and him shared a lot of time together , and Slash probably understands him in a way not many , if any , do.  The only times I've seen him talk about Axl is general was on Kimmel Live , but he got asked a specific question.

So he wants to focus on VR, but that didn't work as well as he hoped since the record didn't sell and they're back playing smaller venues

How does that deviate from him focusing on VR , just because you think that doesn't make it true.

Damnit Jarmo, Slash loves Axl and Axl loves Slash. They are the bitter divorced couple that have new lovers that they don't love as much as their old ones. 

I can't confirm one fucking thing I just said and Axl may love Robin more than Slash and Slash may love Scott more than Weiland.  I just felt like making a crazy statement.

Slash may still have the respect and love for Axl , but I doubt Axl has it for him.......
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #502 on: January 18, 2008, 11:09:17 AM »

Jarmo, his point was both got paid for a video game.

Well, we assume they both got paid.

Your argument is that one got paid more

No, I'm not talking about who got paid more since I don't have any facts on that. Smiley

and was featured while the other was just a voice.  But at the ened of the day, younggunner feels that both were paid for video games and that is true.  However the roles in those games were dratically different.

Did you see my movie analogy?

One makes a cameo and one is the star of the picture.

Would you say that Steve Buscemi is more known for doing a voice on the Simpsons than for his work in Reservoir Dogs?

I suppose he acted in both....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #503 on: January 18, 2008, 11:11:45 AM »

Slash made history with Guns , he wrote and took part in one of the greatest bands of our lifetime. Do you expect the media to just ignore the fact and start anew with him? It's his past , it will always be there. I agree with you 100% they asked him because he was in guns , but whats wrong with that? I dont understand you there.

He wants to focus on the present (VR), but everything he's done recently relates to GN'R.....

So he wants to focus on VR, but that didn't work as well as he hoped since the record didn't sell and they're back playing smaller venues.

Yeah, GN'R was a big part of his life, but instead of talking about GN'R in general, it's often about one member of the band.....

/jarmo

He gets asked question , so he answers them? I agree it is confusing , he says he wants to focus on VR not GNR. I mean he said he wrote the book to end off all the crap regarding GNR and the questions ( which will never stop , I think every interview with any of the ex members of that line up have gotten that question ) maybe after all the book PR it will be done with.

You are aware Axl and him shared a lot of time together , and Slash probably understands him in a way not many , if any , do.  The only times I've seen him talk about Axl is general was on Kimmel Live , but he got asked a specific question.

So he wants to focus on VR, but that didn't work as well as he hoped since the record didn't sell and they're back playing smaller venues

How does that deviate from him focusing on VR , just because you think that doesn't make it true.

Slash may still have the respect and love for Axl , but I doubt Axl has it for him.......

Axl is very complexed and calculated.  Deep down he knows he lost a phenomenal writing partner and friend.  They were so close and dynamic at one time and even Axl knows this.  However, I do feel Axl is very happy with his new bandmates as well.  I would love to know if there is mutual respect as well.

Jarmo, I know they are different in the video games, but the common thread is that they are in a video game.  I see both sides!   ok
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #504 on: January 18, 2008, 11:31:53 AM »

In my opinion, he didn't get to be in that game thanks to him hooking up with Weiland in VR. In my opinion, it was because he is Slash formerly of GN'R.
Whos saying that he got in that game because of VR?

I think everyone and their mom knows that Slash is in the game because of his GNR legacy. Again....Slash helped make GNR jus like GNR helped make him. I dont see the problem in that?

GNR was and is a great rock band. Slash is a rock legend. GH is a rock game. They asked a guitar legend from a great rock band to be in a cool rock game. What is wrong with that?

Just like in your opinion you're a big GN'R supporter...
its not an opinion...i am a huge gnr fan/supporter...fact...not opinion

But when you use your old band's song and name to do so, while at the same time you've talked crap about that same band, then it seems a bit weird.

Again, I agree that Slash has been inconsistent with what he has said over the years. Hence, im not the biggest Slash fan. With that being said, he has every right to take the honor of being "GH" for the game. Just because he left GNR doesnt mean his memory or role is erased from history.

Are presidents not called presidents because they are not in office anymore? Your legacy remains.

I get it. Nothing is wrong with Slash.

Just like your friend, you're only here to disagree with me
Im only here because I differ in opinion with you, and other people here on certain things. If people didnt disagree with you, or anyone else, you wouldnt have a forum.
Atleast you have the balls to discuss your opinion and not piggy back..unlike someone else around here.

Well, it's not like Axl was in a VW or Mastercard commercial now is it?
again your dodging the question. I dont need "at least its not like" responses.

I asked if you want a great song like Better to be in a Harley commercial?

No matter what the commercial, it still doesnt make it right(or wrong, if you dont care).

Its the same issue that I had with Slash/VR fans who for years, in the GNR  section Grin, would disect and analyze everything Axl and GNR were doing. From the bands chem, axls wardrobe, to the actual songs. Then when VR came out and I analyzed and nitpicked the same way they got all uptight.
The point is, both sides, cant have it only their way. It gos both ways.

He's an Axl fan?
huge.

Younggunner went from somebody who defended and supported GN'R to somebody who doesn't. Or his idea of support changed.

What is there to defend and support? I still defend and support this band and will continue to do so.
For the 1000000000000000000x, just because someone doesnt agree with certain things that their fav band/team/whatever does, doesnt mean they are less of a fan or supporter.

Im sorry I cant be like you and agree with everything Axl does or says.

As for the video game thing. How are two people getting paid for their fame and legacy any different? I agree, obiviously Slash has a much bigger role in the game than Axl did with GTA. It still doesnt matter. When it comes down to it, they both got paid. I highly doubt that either of them did it for the money or fame. I think they just did it cause it was fun, and in the case of Slash, it was an honor.

You all want to throw around the word selling out. If you do, then you have to realize that by what the word means,  it can be said that Axl has sold out too. You cant say atleast he didnt do this, atleast he didnt do that. Not as much as this, not as much as that.yadayadayayda. Selling out is selling out. Discussing the degree of selling out is one thing, but its still selling out

Stop being so dam critical of these people. Axl and Slash. They dont need approval from anyone. They do things because they feel like doing it. They have earned that right and they dont have to prove their integrity to anyone. Its already established in their music.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:42:52 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #505 on: January 18, 2008, 11:39:03 AM »

/jarmo

Axl is very complexed and calculated.  Deep down he knows he lost a phenomenal writing partner and friend.  They were so close and dynamic at one time and even Axl knows this.  However, I do feel Axl is very happy with his new bandmates as well.  I would love to know if there is mutual respect as well.

Jarmo, I know they are different in the video games, but the common thread is that they are in a video game.  I see both sides!   ok

No offense, but I wouldn't presume to know what Axl Rose feels or knows deep down inside.  With someone so private and reserved as far as publicly commenting on his affairs, I think that it's a stretch to speak to what he knows or feels.  That's why the world of GN'R, and the making of a record is such a mystery.

And as far as both being in video games, yes, they were.  But one was the unquestioned star of the game, the other was cameo appearance.  One is a role that requires promotion and gives a great deal of exposure whereas the other requires and gives neither.  I'd be willing to bet the paychecks reflect that.  I'm sorry, but beyond the basic premise, the situations are nothing alike.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #506 on: January 18, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »

Younggunner, great post.

Ali, read what I said, I have no real clue, just made  comment.  I admit I don't know him.  Thanks for breaking down just a portion of what I type.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #507 on: January 18, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »

Slash may love Scott more than Weiland.

damn what a fool I am, I always thought Scott and Weiland was the same person  hihi
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #508 on: January 18, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »

damn what a fool I am, I always thought Scott and Weiland was the same person  hihi

Dude come on he is like jekyll and hyde , one is scott the either is weiland.... I think weiland is the one that got the DUI awhile ago..... Scott tried to stop him....  rofl
Ali
Legend

« Reply #509 on: January 18, 2008, 11:49:14 AM »

Younggunner, great post.

Ali, read what I said, I have no real clue, just made  comment.  I admit I don't know him.  Thanks for breaking down just a portion of what I type.

But, that's beside the point.  The point is with someone doesn't speak much publicly you are inevitably going out on a limb when you speculat (and yes I understand that's what it was) as to how he feels or what he thinks deep within.

The last comment was directed to everyone who feels the video game situations are analgous when they clearly are not beyond the basic premise.  There is a night and day difference in terms of scope, exposure and promotion.

Ali
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:53:58 AM by Ali » Logged
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #510 on: January 18, 2008, 11:50:02 AM »

I think a lot of the issue is that Slash is the more visable one to the public eye then Axl is.

Slash pretty much conducted all the interviews during the Illusions tour didn't he?

So he is used to being in the spotlight where the media is concerned.

Axl on the otherhand, isn't too media friendly.  And that is just how Axl is.

No one knows what Axl's next move is and that is what makes him the interesting person he is.  Slash is more public and Axl is more private so when you use the term "selling out" take this into consideration that Slash has always been the more public figure regarding the media and spotlight and Axl would rather not be so public and remain candid.

As far as Slash relating to GNR in any way, shape or form, he has every right too.  He was a part of GNR and he will always have that.  So if he wants to talk about any member in GNR, any story about GNR or anything GNR related, by all means, the man has every right to do that.  I don't care if he joins fifteen bands after he left GNR.  Fact is, he will always be known as Slash from GNR.

If Axl had left GNR and joined say a band called "Smooth Sailing", would you not expect Axl to talk about GNR or would you just expect him to talk about "Smooth Sailing"?  Axl if he was in this situation, would always be known as Axl of GNR even though he was with "Smooth Sailing".  And there would be absolutely nothing wrong with that.  Same applies for Slash, Izzy, Steven or Duff.  They all earned that right.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #511 on: January 18, 2008, 11:52:39 AM »

Younggunner, great post.

I don't see anywhere in that most recent post I quoted where you admit you don't know him.  But, that's beside the point.  The point is with someone doesn't speak much publicly you are inevitably going out on a limb when you speculat (and yes I understand that's what it was) as to how he feels or what he thinks deep within.

The last comment was directed to everyone who feels the video game situations are analgous when they clearly are not beyond the basic premise.  There is a night and day difference in terms of scope, exposure and promotion.

Ali

A few posts ago I said "I can't confirm one fucking thing I just said and Axl may love Robin more than Slash and Slash may love Scott more than Weiland.  I just felt like making a crazy statement."  I was really just talking out of my ass, but I did say I was.  I meant to say love Scott more than Axl.  Ha!  I even fucked that up.   

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #512 on: January 18, 2008, 11:54:45 AM »

Dude come on he is like jekyll and hyde , one is scott the either is weiland.... I think weiland is the one that got the DUI awhile ago..... Scott tried to stop him....  rofl

Finckle and Einhorn, Einhorn and Finckle, Scott and Weiland, Weiland and Scott.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #513 on: January 18, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »

Younggunner, great post.

I don't see anywhere in that most recent post I quoted where you admit you don't know him.  But, that's beside the point.  The point is with someone doesn't speak much publicly you are inevitably going out on a limb when you speculat (and yes I understand that's what it was) as to how he feels or what he thinks deep within.

Ali

A few posts ago I said "I can't confirm one fucking thing I just said and Axl may love Robin more than Slash and Slash may love Scott more than Weiland.  I just felt like making a crazy statement."  I was really just talking out of my ass, but I did say I was.  I meant to say love Scott more than Axl.  Ha!  I even fucked that up.   

O.k.  O.k.  I understand.  I misunderstood your perspective before.

Ali
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #514 on: January 18, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »

Just finished the book, which I found impossible to put down. It was excellent and really informative in many aspects. I'll just say this in regards to Slash's comments on Axl -  there is no way you could possibly read this book start to finish and come out of it with ANYTHING but a very negative image of Axl Rose.   no

Just my opinion, and I'm not saying that anything in that book was biased or untrue either. It's just what I took from the reading.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #515 on: January 18, 2008, 12:59:56 PM »

What does Better being in a commercial have to do with Slash being made into a video game character?

Is it the same thing?

No matter what the commercial, it still doesnt make it right(or wrong, if you dont care).

Oh right. You're the one with difficulties seeing differences between different shades of gray....

It's all gray to you.

As for the video game thing. How are two people getting paid for their fame and legacy any different? I agree, obiviously Slash has a much bigger role in the game than Axl did with GTA. It still doesnt matter.

How can it not matter?

This is like saying a fun thing Slash does on somebody else's record in two hours is the same as his input on all GN'R records. He plays guitar on both cases....

When it comes down to it, they both got paid. I highly doubt that either of them did it for the money or fame. I think they just did it cause it was fun, and in the case of Slash, it was an honor.

You are so hung up on the money issue.

It's not about the money! Forget the fucking money for a second and see the big picture.

Did the movie analogy make any sense to you? Can you understand how the two cases can be considered not being the same thing?

Forget the money!

I'm glad you're not a judge. Everything would be considered "breaking the law" so everybody should get the same sentence.  Wink hihi

You all want to throw around the word selling out. If you do, then you have to realize that by what the word means,  it can be said that Axl has sold out too. You cant say atleast he didnt do this, atleast he didnt do that. Not as much as this, not as much as that.yadayadayayda. Selling out is selling out. Discussing the degree of selling out is one thing, but its still selling out

You're the one bringing money into it.....

Stop being so dam critical of these people. Axl and Slash. They dont need approval from anyone. They do things because they feel like doing it. They have earned that right and they dont have to prove their integrity to anyone. Its already established in their music.

Oh right....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 01:01:33 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #516 on: January 18, 2008, 01:24:42 PM »

What does Better being in a commercial have to do with Slash being made into a video game character?

Is it the same thing?

Oh right. You're the one with difficulties seeing differences between different shades of gray....

It's all gray to you.

As for the video game thing. How are two people getting paid for their fame and legacy any different? I agree, obiviously Slash has a much bigger role in the game than Axl did with GTA. It still doesnt matter.

How can it not matter?

This is like saying a fun thing Slash does on somebody else's record in two hours is the same as his input on all GN'R records. He plays guitar on both cases....

When it comes down to it, they both got paid. I highly doubt that either of them did it for the money or fame. I think they just did it cause it was fun, and in the case of Slash, it was an honor.

You are so hung up on the money issue.

It's not about the money! Forget the fucking money for a second and see the big picture.

Did the movie analogy make any sense to you? Can you understand how the two cases can be considered not being the same thing?

Forget the money!

I'm glad you're not a judge. Everything would be considered "breaking the law" so everybody should get the same sentence.  Wink hihi

You're the one bringing money into it.....

Oh right....

/jarmo

Both were involved in video games and commercials. What's so wrong with that? Let them both do what they like and don't go accusing one of selling out and the other one not selling out.....if either of them even did "sell out" which I don't think either of them have done. For some reason, you have an issue with one of them and not the other. Seems a bit strange.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #517 on: January 18, 2008, 01:26:57 PM »

isn't it a little strange how a lot of the people posting in this thread joined very recently and hardly have any posts?  Tongue    a bit odd?  maybe?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #518 on: January 18, 2008, 01:31:17 PM »

I'd say that's paranormal and spooky.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #519 on: January 18, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »

Both were involved in video games and commercials. What's so wrong with that? Let them both do what they like and don't go accusing one of selling out and the other one not selling out.....if either of them even did "sell out" which I don't think either of them have done. For some reason, you have an issue with one of them and not the other. Seems a bit strange.
Strange is to compare a cameo and kinda like hidden guest to starring a videogame. Cheesy

I don't think anyone is talking about the media he used but rather the way Slash tries to put the past behind when all he does is to bring it back.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: