Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:39:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 93956 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #520 on: January 18, 2008, 01:53:30 PM »

What does Better being in a commercial have to do with Slash being made into a video game character?

Is it the same thing?
We are discussing "selling out". Again, for the 3rd time, Do you want a great song like Better in a Harley commercial?

You are so hung up on the money issue.

It's not about the money! Forget the fucking money for a second and see the big picture.

Did the movie analogy make any sense to you? Can you understand how the two cases can be considered not being the same thing?

Forget the money!

I'm glad you're not a judge. Everything would be considered "breaking the law" so everybody should get the same sentence.
You cant forget money if we are talking about selling out. I already said they are on 2 diff levels in regards to their roles.

Oh right....
??

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #521 on: January 18, 2008, 01:59:28 PM »

We are discussing "selling out". Again, for the 3rd time, Do you want a great song like Better in a Harley commercial?

I'm not discussing "selling out".

I'm discussing Slash saying he's past GN'R and then using his GN'R "connection" to promote himself.

You cant forget money if we are talking about selling out. I already said they are on 2 diff levels in regards to their roles.

And all I want an answer to is: Can you see the difference between Axl doing the voice of a character in a video game while not doing any promotional work for it and Slash being a character in a game and doing promotion for that game?

Yes/No?

Just answer yes/no. If you say no, then this is useless. You don't see the difference. It's all black to you. There's no gray....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »

I'm not discussing "selling out".

I'm discussing Slash saying he's past GN'R and then using his GN'R "connection" to promote himself.

And all I want an answer to is: Can you see the difference between Axl doing the voice of a character in a video game while not doing any promotional work for it and Slash being a character in a game and doing promotion for that game?

Yes/No?

Just answer yes/no. If you say no, then this is useless. You don't see the difference. It's all black to you. There's no gray....

/jarmo

I see the difference  , I see the point of Axl playing a small role in GTA where as Slash is on the freakin COVER of GH , I although don't find an issue with either.

, but can I ask you a question Jarmo?

So in your humble opinion , in your eyes, you are saying says should NEVER use his Guns connection to ever promote himself in any way shape or form.

Considering he poured time ,heart , and lots of work into his art and his past creation , now that he isn't in the band he needs to quit using it?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2008, 02:53:11 PM »

I see the difference  , I see the point of Axl playing a small role in GTA where as Slash is on the freakin COVER of GH , I although don't find an issue with either.

So in your humble opinion , in your eyes, you are saying says should NEVER use his Guns connection to ever promote himself in any way shape or form.

Considering he poured time ,heart , and lots of work into his art and his past creation , now that he isn't in the band he needs to quit using it?

It's up to him.

I wish he stuck to what he says instead of saying one thing and doing the opposite.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #524 on: January 18, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »

It's up to him.

I wish he stuck to what he says instead of saying one thing and doing the opposite.

/jarmo

Why must you dodge a question , I asked

"So in your humble opinion , in your eyes, you are saying says should NEVER use his Guns connection to ever promote himself in any way shape or form.

Considering he poured time ,heart , and lots of work into his art and his past creation , now that he isn't in the band he needs to quit using it?"

Of course it's up to him , thats obvious.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 03:01:42 PM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #525 on: January 18, 2008, 03:02:44 PM »

So once again you dodge a question , I asked

"So in your humble opinion , in your eyes, you are saying says should NEVER use his Guns connection to ever promote himself in any way shape or form.

Considering he poured time ,heart , and lots of work into his art and his past creation , now that he isn't in the band he needs to quit using it?"

If I answer that, I get attacked with "who are you to give him career advice and tell him how to live his life!".

hihi

The fact is, he has to use it. That's what he's famous for. Sorry VR fans.....

He wouldn't be "Slash - famous guitar hero" if it wasn't for GN'R.

So, in my opinion, he has no choice. But he has a choice in the way he does it.

That's what I'm commenting on. Saying he's past GN'R, and still using the connection.

So I'm not just commenting on him using the name you see. That's not the issue. It's the way it's done.

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #526 on: January 18, 2008, 03:07:02 PM »

So once again you dodge a question , I asked

If I answer that, I get attacked with "who are you to give him career advice and tell him how to live his life!".

hihi

The fact is, he has to use it. That's what he's famous for. Sorry VR fans.....

He wouldn't be "Slash - famous guitar hero" if it wasn't for GN'R.

So, in my opinion, he has no choice. But he has a choice in the way he does it.

That's what I'm commenting on. Saying he's past GN'R, and still using the connection.

So I'm not just commenting on him using the name you see. That's not the issue. It's the way it's done.

/jarmo

I wouldn't attack you with that , I mean i prompted the question it be stupid to do so. Don't say sorry I'm almost certain VR fans KNOW that Slash is famous because of GNR , thats obvious isn't it? Of course he wouldn't be Slash famous guitar hero if GNR didn't happen , because as I said he poured heart and soul into GNR and he reaps all the benefits that he worked for. How is he using the connection? Was he supposed to tell the company NO i refuse to do the game unless you tell me its becaues of Velvet Revolver? I really don't understand what you mean by " the way its done" how is it done?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #527 on: January 18, 2008, 03:38:27 PM »

I suspect they tried to use it to promote VR, but now you have to pay for the VR tracks.

The way it's done: You say you wanna focus on the present and talk shit about the past (your former band/band mates), but then you're happy to use the past when it gets you benefits.

It's like Matt Sorum. He likes to talk crap about GN'R, but where would he be today if he hadn't replaced Steven Adler?

It's a bit contradicting to me.

Also, regarding the book promotion, he spends a lot of time talking about Axl. That's another way he uses the "GN'R connection" so to speak.

Would the interviews suck if they focused on talking about Slash the person? Instead they all talk about Axl, who Slash hasn't spoken to in over ten years.

It's the same way some "journalists" like to use the fact that they interviewed Axl almost 20 years ago today to prove that they're knowledgeable in the subject of GN'R/Axl. Not saying the journalists would know Axl as well as Slash did or anything, but they both talk about him based on knowing him/meeting him in the past.

/jarmo

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #528 on: January 18, 2008, 03:44:36 PM »

I suspect they tried to use it to promote VR, but now you have to pay for the VR tracks.

The way it's done: You say you wanna focus on the present and talk shit about the past (your former band/band mates), but then you're happy to use the past when it gets you benefits.

It's like Matt Sorum. He likes to talk crap about GN'R, but where would he be today if he hadn't replaced Steven Adler?

It's a bit contradicting to me.

Also, regarding the book promotion, he spends a lot of time talking about Axl. That's another way he uses the "GN'R connection" so to speak.

Would the interviews suck if they focused on talking about Slash the person? Instead they all talk about Axl, who Slash hasn't spoken to in over ten years.

It's the same way some "journalists" like to use the fact that they interviewed Axl almost 20 years ago today to prove that they're knowledgeable in the subject of GN'R/Axl. Not saying the journalists would know Axl as well as Slash did or anything, but they both talk about him based on knowing him/meeting him in the past.

/jarmo

They did use Velvet Revolver to promote it , the ONLY commercial I've ever seen for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t2qF8NLZvY&feature=related

When has Slash talked shit about the past? I know he has wanted to get "past" it but I never heard shit from him. Of course he speaks of Axl , I think it be a lie not to acknowledge that people want to know about the inner works and what Slash knows or thinks about Axl. I really don't see Axl brought up a lot , and when he is its always in a respectful manner. Usually its the interviewers that bring it up anyways....

Anyways , I'd like to take a second to say check this video out ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxW2obMNzLA

That's how he feels about the game , I think its cool....

So I take it you feel that Tom Morello used his "connection" to his former band to , which is wrong?.....
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: