Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:31:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?  (Read 75611 times)
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »

Paris HIlton, rock drummer?

She certainly had no problems playing pinch hitter at Tao last night in Park City, Utah, when band Velvet Revolver was short their lead singer Scott Weiland.

Speculation from inside the band's camp said the singer had missed his flight to Sundance for the performance, but that didn't stop his band mates from literally asking the crowd if they wanted to have a go.

"It's was crazy, they were inviting anyone who wanted to get up sing," an onlooker told PageSix.com.

While Paris, who released an album in the summer of 2006, didn't sing a note, she told the crowd, "This is Tao! Let's have a good time!"

http://www.pagesix.com/story/paris+beats+tao

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 06:51:40 PM »

Paris HIlton, rock drummer?

She certainly had no problems playing pinch hitter at Tao last night in Park City, Utah, when band Velvet Revolver was short their lead singer Scott Weiland.

Speculation from inside the band's camp said the singer had missed his flight to Sundance for the performance, but that didn't stop his band mates from literally asking the crowd if they wanted to have a go.

"It's was crazy, they were inviting anyone who wanted to get up sing," an onlooker told PageSix.com.

While Paris, who released an album in the summer of 2006, didn't sing a note, she told the crowd, "This is Tao! Let's have a good time!"

http://www.pagesix.com/story/paris+beats+tao

Yes, I understand, but WHY did he miss the flight is what I'm wondering.  Did he oversleep, have another commitment and was pressed for time, etc.?  Has anyone heard anything as to the underlying reason why he missed the flight?  Was it just due to the gala he was at?  I find it hard to believe he couldn't have just hopped a flight to Utah.

Ali
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:01:45 PM by Ali » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »

From the...

Speculation from inside the band's camp

It sounds like VR were not sure.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 07:58:30 PM »

From the...

Speculation from inside the band's camp

It sounds like VR were not sure.

Yeah, I figured as much, but I was wondering if there were any rumors or anything else out there.

Ali
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 08:14:55 PM »

Well, evidently there are not.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »

Looks like Matt stepped in...

Velvet Revolver without Weiland. Sorum Sings Patience

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jd8xb-htQ6c

Ali
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 08:59:14 PM »

Looks like Matt stepped in...

Velvet Revolver without Weiland. Sorum Sings Patience

He sounded alright on the few lines there, but the money part is the outtro.

Ali
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 09:50:34 PM »

Damn! First of all, I hope Scott is all right, second, if he does leave the band, I hope Izzy comes back. With that kind of talent, they wouldn't have to have a front man anyway.

Unlikely, but I can wish.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 10:32:18 PM »

Looks like everyone else made it to the show, execpt Scott.   Missed his flight?... I don't know if that is a reasonable excuse.    That is pretty fucked up to do to the band also.  That and the STP announcement, it is starting to look like the end of VR.   This sucks cuz VR is one of my fav. bands, but I guess I should have known.   Hope it isn't true, but I think so. 
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 10:37:31 PM »

Missed his flight - I call BS!

If his comment about looking out for a STP reunion was accurate I'm guessing he has decided to pull the pin from VR and didn't bother to tell his bandmates., presumably because there is a fair bit of animosity between them and him at the moment, probably stemming from his DUI case and cancelled tour dates and lost $$'s!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 11:07:14 PM »

Looks like someone wouldn't quit dancing with Mr. Goddamn-Brownstone.  Tongue

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland was a no-show for the band's scheduled performance last night (Sunday, January 20) at the 944 Magazine's party at Tao during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. According to PageSix.com, "speculation from inside the band's camp said the singer had missed his flight to Sundance for the performance, but that didn't stop his bandmates from literally asking the crowd if they wanted to have a go."

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland has told MiamiHerald.com that fans should be on the lookout for a reunion of his previous band, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, in the coming months. The singer made the announcement during an appearance this past Saturday (January 19) at an all-star gala event benefiting the AROD Family Foundation. The event took place at the Ritz Carlton hotel in South Beach, Florida. Hosts included Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez and his wife Cynthia, who founded the non-profit organization to support programs focused on improving quality of life, education and mental health for families in distress.

Source:

Sorry about posting new topic.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:09:34 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 01:34:04 AM »

I've got to give those guys a LOT of credit for going on with the show without a lead singer - well, without their regular one anyway!!   They could have cancelled, but didn't.   

Obviously, we don't know if this was a one-time thing or if there is true trouble in paradise.  That remains to be seen, I guess.   
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 01:39:00 AM »

Lynn, from experience ... "Serenity Prayer"

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 08:05:14 AM »

Anymore vidoes of VR minus their lead doofus?

Would be too cool man if they got Izzy in the fold. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 02:26:35 PM »

SUNDANCE, SNOWBUNNYS, and GIFTING SUITES?SWEET!!!

January 21st, 2008 - Posted By: Cisco Adler

After the meal it was upstairs to TAO again for the VELVET REVOLVER show. Literally as I walk in I get a call from DONOVAN saying Scott Weiland missed his flight and the guys wanted to know if I could fill in. WHAT? The friggin answer is YES! Next thing I know Im backstage with DUFF, SLASH, MATT SORUM and the boys learnibng some tunes that Im gonna have to rock out for the sold out crowd waiting for VELVET FUCKING REVOLVER. The funny thing is I was never even one bit nervous. The stage is my home and the fact that my heroes just asked me to front the band for the evening(3 songs) was a dream come true but also a chance for me to show these motherfuckers that I can handle-randal. Most people know me for the wrong reasons and have no idea that I have actual talent?let alone the ?BALLS? to rock out in front of thousands of people with the greatest rock n rollers of our day after a 10 minute cramming session to learn the tunes. I sang ROCK N ROLL by ZEPELLIN, FEEL LIKE MAKIN LOVE by KID ROCK, and held down the back ups on HONKY TONK WOMAN. Look left and SLASH is ripping hall of fame solos and behind me GUNS N ROSES actual rythm section is rolling and rumbling like thunder through my chest. I may not have made it yet?but I definitely have arrived! hahah I cannot wait to see the pictures!!!! We took a band shot to which is gonna be classic! I finished up the set, said goodbye to my new bandmates, and rushed outside where we had two HUMMERS waiting to take us up to the GREEN DOOR MANSION for our secret performance.

http://www.eatskeet.com/2008/01/21/sundance-snowbunnys-and-gifting-suitessweet/

A couple of photo here:

http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?cgl=300655&EventI=0&navtyp=CAL&ym=20081

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 02:51:28 PM »

Feel Like Makin' Love by Kid Rock? Is someone trying to take Bad Company's sole claim to fame away from them?
overmatik
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 03:54:29 PM »

First of all, let's wait. Of course there's something wrong going on in the band, but the circumstances are still unknown.

This talk about the reunion is very strange indeed, how can he go out and just say that "there's a reunion" coming on? For an album, a concert?? Strange... Huh

I like VR, but I like STP better, so, despite I don't believe in a full reunion, as the broke up back in 2003 was very tense among the members, I'm excited with the news... hihi

P.S. I don't know, but supergroups like VR are too dependent on success, they kind of need this to stick together... Undecided
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 09:13:55 PM »

SCOTT WEILAND Explains SUNDANCE Concert No-Show - Jan. 22, 2008

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received an official statement from VELVET REVOLVER's publicist regarding frontman Scott Weiland's absence from the band's concert Sunday night (January 20) at the 944 Magazine's party at Tao during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. It reads as follows:

"On Sunday, January 20, the private plane that Scott was traveling on from Miami (where he performed the night before at the AROD Family Foundation and Bay Point Schools benefit) to Utah was diverted because of bad weather. The pilot wouldn't fly from Miami to the Salt Lake City Airport because of extremely poor visibility and a potential poor weather system that made it dangerous for the plane to fly to Salt Lake City. Two hours into the flight, it was diverted to the Van Nuys Airport (in Los Angeles).

"Scott, the band and management tried to find a flight to take him from Van Nuys to Salt Lake City in time for the band's show, but this was not possible. By the time Scott landed at the Van Nuys airport, it was too late to make any connecting flights. VELVET REVOLVER's tour manager also looked into private flights for Scott, but a crew was not available in time for an immediate departure that would have brought him to the show on time."

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »

Sorum singing Patience.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 09:51:44 PM »

SUNDANCE, SNOWBUNNYS, and GIFTING SUITES?SWEET!!!

January 21st, 2008 - Posted By: Cisco Adler

After the meal it was upstairs to TAO again for the VELVET REVOLVER show. Literally as I walk in I get a call from DONOVAN saying Scott Weiland missed his flight and the guys wanted to know if I could fill in. WHAT? The friggin answer is YES! Next thing I know Im backstage with DUFF, SLASH, MATT SORUM and the boys learnibng some tunes that Im gonna have to rock out for the sold out crowd waiting for VELVET FUCKING REVOLVER. The funny thing is I was never even one bit nervous. The stage is my home and the fact that my heroes just asked me to front the band for the evening(3 songs) was a dream come true but also a chance for me to show these motherfuckers that I can handle-randal. Most people know me for the wrong reasons and have no idea that I have actual talent?let alone the ?BALLS? to rock out in front of thousands of people with the greatest rock n rollers of our day after a 10 minute cramming session to learn the tunes. I sang ROCK N ROLL by ZEPELLIN, FEEL LIKE MAKIN LOVE by KID ROCK, and held down the back ups on HONKY TONK WOMAN. Look left and SLASH is ripping hall of fame solos and behind me GUNS N ROSES actual rythm section is rolling and rumbling like thunder through my chest. I may not have made it yet?but I definitely have arrived! hahah I cannot wait to see the pictures!!!! We took a band shot to which is gonna be classic! I finished up the set, said goodbye to my new bandmates, and rushed outside where we had two HUMMERS waiting to take us up to the GREEN DOOR MANSION for our secret performance.

http://www.eatskeet.com/2008/01/21/sundance-snowbunnys-and-gifting-suitessweet/

A couple of photo here:

http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?cgl=300655&EventI=0&navtyp=CAL&ym=20081

Wow Kid Rock huh? No offense to Cisco but..... no...just no.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: