Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:01:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227889 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 63925 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2008, 11:43:10 AM »

please keep in mind that Matt "saved" the band in 1990, proven in a couple of interviews by Slash, Axl(!) & Co.

And that gives him the right to be a dick?  Tongue

He "saved" the band just like Gilby did, or Frank. Or anybody else who stepped in.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »

So what happened with Feel the Burn.  He said something about Fernando, then Fernando said he had been living with Axl for 14 years then Feel the Burn left?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2008, 12:48:42 PM »

So what happened with Feel the Burn.  He said something about Fernando, then Fernando said he had been living with Axl for 14 years then Feel the Burn left?

I think he made himself look like a total fool and tried to save face by deleting his account.

Let's see what his third user name will be.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2008, 01:00:25 PM »

Thats no reason to delete your account

shit, If I deleted my account everytime I said or did something stupid, Id be on Username 25 or so.

I would've liked if Slash would've took a little blame on himself and the rest of the band instead of putting it all on Scott.

No matter what kind of relationship u are talking about, when it goes bad, both parties always have the blame to share. Its rarely ever only one side or one person in the relationship.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2008, 01:03:30 PM »

shit, If I deleted my account everytime I said or did something stupid, Id be on Username 25 or so.

You're too modest.....

It'd be at least four digits....  Grin

I would've liked if Slash would've took a little blame on himself and the rest of the band instead of putting it all on Scott.

No matter what kind of relationship u are talking about, when it goes bad, both parties always have the blame to share. Its rarely ever only one side or one person in the relationship.

Especially when the other side has been involved in another split in the past.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2008, 01:09:36 PM »

You're too modest.....

It'd be at least four digits....  Grin

Especially when the other side has been involved in another split in the past.

/jarmo

Yeah that was a typo, guess I shouldve said 2500........ hihi

I just find it strange, that this split seems eerily similiar to the last band Slash was in that split.  I think the problem with the last split was just the fact Axl isn't a media whore and didnt talk about it constantly. The fact Slash is a media whore and talked talked talked got his side of the story out there more therefore people usually believe the first thing they hear so u get this perception that isnt entirely true.

Im sure all parties had some fault but I am really beginning to see that Slash and Co had a hell of a lot more fault than people realize.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #226 on: April 19, 2008, 01:12:51 PM »

Scott had a bad split from his band too where the other members "teamed up against him."
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »

please keep in mind that Matt "saved" the band in 1990, proven in a couple of interviews by Slash, Axl(!) & Co.

And that gives him the right to be a dick?  Tongue

He "saved" the band just like Gilby did, or Frank. Or anybody else who stepped in.

/jarmo

totally different thing with studio/live, you know that.

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »

I just find it strange, that this split seems eerily similiar to the last band Slash was in that split.  I think the problem with the last split was just the fact Axl isn't a media whore and didnt talk about it constantly. The fact Slash is a media whore and talked talked talked got his side of the story out there more therefore people usually believe the first thing they hear so u get this perception that isnt entirely true.

That's my biggest problem with him sometimes.  He's constantly doing interviews and giving "insider" details on everything.  Keep some things to yourself.  And why is he doing interviews right now?  What the fuck is he promoting?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2008, 01:45:43 PM »

Essentially they all did the same thing, allowed the band to move forward.

It doesn't mean Matt Sorum is the sole reason GN'R has existed beyond 1990.  Wink

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2008, 01:54:25 PM »

Of course Scott had fault in STP breaking up just like he has fault in VR breaking up

Its like people only want to blame one or the other without realizing that each side is at fault.

To Scott he probably feels it is Slash and Co's fault, and vice versa.

Matt Sorum saved GNR, if u dont believe me, check out all the writing credits on UYI's. that album would've been a bunch of My Worlds had he not signed on Roll Eyes hihi hihi

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #231 on: April 19, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »

Essentially they all did the same thing, allowed the band to move forward.

It doesn't mean Matt Sorum is the sole reason GN'R has existed beyond 1990.  Wink

/jarmo

you can spin it like you want, Matt helped much more in GN'R history than any other replacement. i'm not a fan of Matt but he deserves a lot credits for the illusion period. and some here try to take away kinda everything the old band members did.

whats next? "Frank has saved the band" or "Axl wrote AFD"?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #232 on: April 19, 2008, 02:28:12 PM »

whats next? "Frank has saved the band"

he may very well have.   brain had new committments with his daughter mid-tour. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #233 on: April 19, 2008, 04:01:26 PM »

Of course Scott had fault in STP breaking up just like he has fault in VR breaking up

Its like people only want to blame one or the other without realizing that each side is at fault.

To Scott he probably feels it is Slash and Co's fault, and vice versa.

That's human nature, though, right?  Do you think either side is going to say, "Yeah, this didn't work out because I was acting like a shithead."?  Of course, people want to place all the blame on the other party.  There's always two sides to every story, though.       
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #234 on: April 19, 2008, 04:52:25 PM »

That's my biggest problem with him sometimes.  He's constantly doing interviews and giving "insider" details on everything.  Keep some things to yourself.  And why is he doing interviews right now?  What the fuck is he promoting?

Himself.   ok

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2008, 05:27:33 PM »

you can spin it like you want, Matt helped much more in GN'R history than any other replacement.

How can you say that?

i'm not a fan of Matt but he deserves a lot credits for the illusion period.

He came in and played drums.

That's what he was hired to do.

Sure, I enjoy listening to the albums he plays on, but that doesn't mean I'll have to think like the band would've ended if they had hired somebody else.

and some here try to take away kinda everything the old band members did.

whats next? "Frank has saved the band" or "Axl wrote AFD"?

No, not the same at all.

You're trying to make him seem like some God sent gift to GN'R.

He's one lucky drummer with an ego!

Do you think The Cult fans see him as the guy who saved The Cult? Considering they've managed to keep going without him....

/jarmo

holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: April 19, 2008, 05:35:13 PM »

What the fuck is he promoting?

Himself.   ok

Slash is trying to convince everyone that they fired Weiland before he decided to move on, its sad. The more I hear from Slash the less respect I have for him as a person. He's a great guitar player and should just stick to that and keep his mouth shut.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #237 on: April 19, 2008, 05:43:49 PM »

The problem is, most fans tend to not differentiate  between Slash, the person (Saul Hudson) and Slash, the guitar hero. And then they get disappointed etc etc.

Slash the person ain?t flawless. Some may even add that he?s a liar. So be it.

Slash the rockstar is the musician you all love and see on stage. It?s a character he built so he could rise to fame. Would he be a plain guy (you know what I mean) he wouldn?t be as iconic and legendary as he is to this day. And with this I?m not taking away his value as a guitar player, which is enormous.

The thing is, you can?t expect Slash, the guitar hero to be as exceptional as a person as he is when playing guitar. They are two different individuals. That?s why you all get all revolted and dissapointed with his sayings...  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2008, 06:55:42 PM »

Hell forget about even having to accept some of the blame how about just keeping quiet? I don't think theres any reason to air absolutely everything out in public. I would have liked it if all parties, and obviously everyone is somewhat responsible, just kept quiet. A simple press release along the lines of "Scott has decided to persure other interests, his now former bandmates wish him luck on all future endeavors, and wish to make it known they plan to continue on with another singer." Then follow that up by being mature enough to say "no comment" when asked about it instead of everyone slinging shit at each other in the press.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2008, 07:15:09 PM »

Hell forget about even having to accept some of the blame how about just keeping quiet? I don't think theres any reason to air absolutely everything out in public. I would have liked it if all parties, and obviously everyone is somewhat responsible, just kept quiet. A simple press release along the lines of "Scott has decided to persure other interests, his now former bandmates wish him luck on all future endeavors, and wish to make it known they plan to continue on with another singer." Then follow that up by being mature enough to say "no comment" when asked about it instead of everyone slinging shit at each other in the press.

Very true, but both Slash and Weiland have big mouths, so you know that was never going to happen.  When things go bad, Slash always goes out of his way to air it out to the press so he can save face and maintain his image.  This is why he is claiming that Weiland was fired or kicked out of the band AFTER Weiland had already announced in public that he was quitting.  This is why he continually went out of his way to criticize Axl every time someone put a mic in his face, and why he wrote a self-serving biography that again painted Axl in an unfavorable light and was filled with factual errors. 

And we all know that Weiland loves to launch into rants on his website and has no reservations about airing out dirty laundry in public.  So keeping it behind closed doors was never a realistic possibility given the parties involved
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: