Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:30:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 59649 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 08:50:51 PM »

If u USE a little reading Comprehension skill,Slash says "He never intended on listening till it was RELEASED" which means someone handed him a copy of the leaks.
I don't know about that.  He talks about how it's not fair to "steal" an artists unfinished work.  Not saying he "stole" whatever he listened to or whoever gave it to him did either, simply saying if he's of that opinion I don't believe he'd think it'd be fair to COMMENT on an artists unfinished work.

He may very well have just heard the demos, but I'm guessing what he heard he at least THOUGHT was the finished product.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »

I think this has as much to do about current GN'R as it does former members
recently conducted an interview with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash. Amn excerpt from the chat follows.

VanityFair.de: What do you think "Chinese Democracy" ? the album your former colleague Axl Rose has been working on for ten years now ? will sound like?

Slash: To tell you the truth: I already listened to it. At first I thought that I would never listen to it until it's released, but someone handed it to me and I was in my car and I was like, "Okay, let's give it a try." So I listened to it: It's a really good record. It's very different from what the original GUNS N' ROSES sounded like, but it's a great statement by Axl. Now you understand where he was heading all this time. It's a record that the original GUNS N' ROSES could never possibly make. And at the same time it just shows you how brilliant Axl is. So it was a relief for me to actually hear it.

VanityFair.de: Many of the songs already leaked to the Internet and a blogger was arrested by the FBI recently, because he published the material on his website?

Slash: All the Napster stuff and all these people who talk about illegal file sharing killing the record business and taking money out of the artists' pockets! It may be true. But Napster was just a reaction to the record business not catching up with the development of the Internet. Napster was inevitable. But when somebody takes somebody's work and releases it prematurely just to become famous, it's an incredibly selfish and criminal thing to do. A record is a piece of art. And it shouldn't be released until the creator decides to release it ? and I don't care how long it took to make it.

VanityFair.de: Do you use the internet yourself?

Slash: I'm an old-school guy. I only got a laptop within the last five years ? and I hate it. The only new piece of technology I use on a regular basis is my Blackberry. I became addicted to it. No wonder it's often called "Crackberry."

Read the entire interview at VanityFair.de.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »

Oh I thought you were gonna say Barack Obama had a copy.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 09:06:48 PM »

why does slash's opinion belong in the GnR section ?  Its not relevant and he hasn't been in the band for over a decade.   move along please.

before some of you go crying that i'm bashing slash, the point being THIS IS NOT RELEVANT.   I don't care what his opinion is and I"m sick of the way he is kissing ass in the media lately trying to get himself publicity.   I hope this thread is either deleted or moved.

Sorry, didn't know where to put only reason I posted it cause I thought it was funny that he hope that kevin guy rot in jail, then he has a copy of the cd. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »

why does slash's opinion belong in the GnR section ?  Its not relevant and he hasn't been in the band for over a decade.   move along please.

before some of you go crying that i'm bashing slash, the point being THIS IS NOT RELEVANT.   I don't care what his opinion is and I"m sick of the way he is kissing ass in the media lately trying to get himself publicity.   I hope this thread is either deleted or moved.

Sorry, didn't know where to put only reason I posted it cause I thought it was funny that he hope that kevin guy rot in jail, then he has a copy of the cd. 
A little different.  Slash didn't post the material on his website for millions of people to listen to. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 09:24:22 PM »

A little different.  Slash didn't post the material on his website for millions of people to listen to. 

He could of not mention that he listended to it.  I feel sorry for the guy I mean come on left the greatest band ever and now seems like he wants back in.  What did he think Scott weiland could walkin in Axl shoes  rofl  In all seriousness your right he didn't post it on his website, but he let the public know he's listened to the record. 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 01:14:05 AM »

I still have a lot of respect for Slash, and I think it's cool as hell the he likes the album.  He was asked the question, he answered it honestly, isn't that what we want of our entertainers?

Jada
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 04:59:24 AM »

I still have a lot of respect for Slash, and I think it's cool as hell the he likes the album.  He was asked the question, he answered it honestly, isn't that what we want of our entertainers?

You're absolutely right. I don't understand why there's so much hatred towards Slash, I really don't. I have a lot of respect for him as an artist and I can't wait to see him at the VMAs. I refuse to hate him. I don't care what he says in his book and blah blah... maybe he needed to get it out of his system so that he could grow some respect towards Axl again. Who knows.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 08:39:18 AM »

I don't care what he says in his book and blah blah... maybe he needed to get it out of his system so that he could grow some respect towards Axl again. Who knows.
IMO it seems Slash started to "grow some respect towards Axl again" when the backlash from GNR fans started to hit him from all the shit he was spewing against Axl in his book and in interviews.

I don't think anyone here hates Slash.  A lot of us just hate his media-whore attention-seeking bullshit.

On topic:  I wonder if Slash is gonna turn over to the FBI the name of the guy who gave him CD so that that guy can "rot in jail" with the other guy since he says he so against someone stealing copyrighted unreleased material like that.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:45:10 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 08:51:14 AM »

I genuinely don't understand all these "media whore" accusations against Slash. Magazines, websites etc. contact him for interviews, they ask him questions and he answers them. I mean, different if he phoned up some magazine and said "Hey, I listened to Chinese Democracy, put this on the front page!" but he didn't.

And answering a question in an interview is much more interesting than refusing to comment. Looks like you've got someting to hide... Wink

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »

I don't care what he says in his book and blah blah... maybe he needed to get it out of his system so that he could grow some respect towards Axl again. Who knows.
IMO it seems Slash started to "grow some respect towards Axl again" when the backlash from GNR fans started to hit him from all the shit he was spewing against Axl in his book and in interviews.

Slash prior to and since his book has ALWAYS said how highly he regards Axl as a musician. In the book he also made sure to point out that it was HIS point of view, and Axl may well have a different one which would be just as valid.

Certain people see that as spewing shit because they can't accept negativity towards Axl, on the flip side of it some people will take everything said in the book to be gospel. because they'd believe that Slash can't be wrong.

And as for the media whore thing, I guess that makes every popular musician one, because they're always in the media answering the questions they're asked.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 12:04:34 PM »

I genuinely don't understand all these "media whore" accusations against Slash. Magazines, websites etc. contact him for interviews, they ask him questions and he answers them. I mean, different if he phoned up some magazine and said "Hey, I listened to Chinese Democracy, put this on the front page!" but he didn't.

And answering a question in an interview is much more interesting than refusing to comment. Looks like you've got someting to hide... Wink

That's right, I don't think he's seeking attention because he's interviewed by the media. It's only cool he answers most of them..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
suicide
VIP

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2008, 12:14:21 PM »

He could of not mention that he listended to it.  I feel sorry for the guy I mean come on left the greatest band ever and now seems like he wants back in.  What did he think Scott weiland could walkin in Axl shoes  rofl  In all seriousness your right he didn't post it on his website, but he let the public know he's listened to the record. 

Why do you think Slash wants to get back in GN'R? Slash complements Axl and the "new" line-up in this interview. He didn't say 'the album sucks and would have been better if I was still in the band' or something like that. No, he likes it.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2008, 12:23:31 PM »

Cool.

Fuck 'Em All.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »

didn't a photographer close to slash say he liked it too? and his bosom friend, a rock critic or something as well.
that was in February or march.
I believe they all claimed that someone gave it to them. wonder if those are all same leak.

I thought VanityFair was a fashion magazine.
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2008, 12:40:42 PM »

What is the problem here?

Did people honestly expect Slash to never comment on the album? As soon as the album is released everytime he is interviewed he is bound to be asked about it...

And what is the problem with him saying he liked it? Would you rather he said he hated it and it was rubbish? Would that make you appreciate him more?

He was asked a question and he answered it. End of story!

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2008, 12:47:10 PM »

Maybe he could've waited until it's out before "reviewing" it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2008, 01:33:48 PM »

I wonder if these comments from Slash could persuade those who dismiss the current GNR to give CD a listen when it's released??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2008, 02:36:29 PM »

Maybe he could've waited until it's out before "reviewing" it?

/jarmo

I don't think he meant it as a review. He was asked a question and he gave an answer. Some people are speculating that Slash wants back in and is trying to reach back to him. We don't even know for sure who is in the band right now and some people are speculating that Axl will put out CD and then reunite with the old members. Who know? I sure don't.
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2008, 02:56:15 PM »

This is cool for me... since I love the current Gn'R work n' also Slash as my favourite Gn'R guitarist off all time (is this a sin?). I think is very simple: Slash is a musician, n' a guy who listen to music n' know how to play it, he listened the new material (we don't even know wtf he listened) n' he liked it. Period. The guy loves music, heard what Axl was doing these years since he left the band n' said: great statement.  peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: