Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:15:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash in Oslo Norway today
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash in Oslo Norway today  (Read 57280 times)
Jhestas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 05, 2008, 05:39:14 AM »

http://www.vg.no/musikk/artikkel.php?artid=523003
It seems thas Slash has something going on with the quart festival..
Quart has also got Tom Zutaut as a bookingagent..
www.quart.no
Grizzly
Opening Act

I'm the son of rage and love.

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 05:53:22 AM »

This is somewhat strange. Why is he attending this press conference? He doesn't have a band at the moment...very strange and exciting. We'll see at two o'clock local time.
Grizzly
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 06:47:45 AM »

BTW. The CD single was released when the band I'm playing in had its first gig in years, the album is being released three days before my birthday, it would be cool if.....nah, enough of the speculation.  Tongue
Jhestas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:57:34 AM »

http://www.fvn.no/kulturpuls/quart/article624358.ece
Another story from the city kristiansand which holds the festival.
It seemt that Slash wil tor with his solo concept, Slash allstars..
It will be interesting to see who comes along with this..
Grizzly
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:41:32 AM »

http://www.vg.no/musikk/artikkel.php?artid=523708

"G n'R guitarist Slash will be the headliner of the Quart festival. He will do an exclusive concert where he will invite other artists. Which artists, he wouldn't say, but Slash promised more surprises." or something like that...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »

And another one...

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/11/05/552868.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 10:44:50 AM »

http://www.vg.no/musikk/artikkel.php?artid=523708

"G n'R guitarist Slash will be the headliner of the Quart festival. He will do an exclusive concert where he will invite other artists. Which artists, he wouldn't say, but Slash promised more surprises." or something like that...

it does say "former gnr guitarist"  Wink
Jada
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 11:54:14 AM »

LOL, it took me a while to figure out when that festival's gonna take place, because I don't speak any Norwegian.  Wink 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 12:08:32 PM »

SLASH To Headline Norway's QUART Festival - Nov. 5, 2008

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash will play his only European solo concert of 2009 at next year's edition of the Quart festival, set to take place June 30 - July 4 in Kristiansand, Norway. Slash will headline the event on the festival's opening day. He will be joined by a number of as-yet-undisclosed guests and promises to perform a mixture of old and new material.

This year's Quart festival, which was scheduled to take place July 2-5 in Kristiansand, was cancelled due to poor ticket sales. Only 2,053 tickets had been sold through Billettservice (the biggest ticketing company Norway) as of early June, forcing the organizers to file for bankruptcy.

Slash left GUNS N' ROSES in the mid-'90s, forming SLASH'S SNAKEPIT before later assembling VELVET REVOLVER with several other ex-members of GUNS N' ROSES and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland.

VELVET REVOLVER is currently searching for a replacement for Weiland, who was dismissed last April. Slash told Billboard.com on October 24 that the band has been approached by some well-known names, saying, "There's been a couple that might have been interesting, but...it's really hard to make something sound original if you've got somebody people are so familiar with hearing somewhere else."

The guitarist is also working on a solo album, on which he plans to have several high-profile vocalists take turns singing.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=108302

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 08:08:17 PM »

Video interview with Slash:

http://www.kjendis.no/2008/11/05/552924.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 10:23:17 AM »

The press conference:

http://atvs.vg.no/player/?id=19444

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash will play his only European solo concert of 2009 at next year's edition of the Quart festival, set to take place June 30 - July 4 in Kristiansand, Norway. Slash will headline the event on the festival's opening day. He will be joined by a number of as-yet-undisclosed guests and promises to perform a mixture of old and new material.

Oh great, so Camp Freddy is playing Norway.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 01:42:58 PM »

talking 'bout camp freddy like it's a bad thing when rock stars come together and enjoying themselves while the fans enjoys it too
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 02:27:15 PM »

talking 'bout camp freddy like it's a bad thing when rock stars come together and enjoying themselves while the fans enjoys it too

That's great, but is it enough to sell tickets?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 02:48:28 PM »

/jarmo

I have never heard of this festival.  I imagine his line up or show will be better than a typical Camp Freddy show.  I can't beleive they had a press conference for this....  Jarmo, is this a big festival?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »

Jarmo, is this a big festival?

I guess not big enough since it was canceled last summer and it went bankrupt...

But it used to be the biggest festival in Norway.

The big names they had in recent years were acts like The Who (2007), Depeche Mode (2006), Kanye West (2006), Audioslave  (2005), Green Day (2005), Foo Fighters (2005)...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 03:05:25 PM »

Jarmo, is this a big festival?

I guess not big enough since it was canceled last summer and it went bankrupt...

But it used to be the biggest festival in Norway.

The big names they had in recent years were acts like The Who (2007), Depeche Mode (2006), Kanye West (2006), Audioslave  (2005), Green Day (2005), Foo Fighters (2005)...

/jarmo

Wow, sounds like a big deal.  Maybe he will have his guest singers there.  If its Alice Cooper, Lenny Kravitz, Steven Tyler could be a tough ticket.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 03:06:41 PM »

/jarmo

since he'll release a solo album with a bunch of interesting guests by then, I'll say yeah.
from reading the norwegian newspapers today, I think they're underestimating what's actually going to happen there.

Smoking Guns, he stated that he will bring several guests.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »

/jarmo

since he'll release a solo album with a bunch of interesting guests by then, I'll say yeah.
from reading the norwegian newspapers today, I think they're underestimating what's actually going to happen there.

Smoking Guns, he stated that he will bring several guests.

Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 06:55:07 AM »

I wasn't going to comment on this since I think the whole deal is pretty sad, but this is my honest opinion.

I will allways love Slash, but this is just crap.

This festival has a redicoulus bedget these days and their blowing it on this?

I don't care how many people Slash will bring and who, he aint gonnu do shit to sell tickets. People are scared that this festival is going to get cancelled and now that a festival pass costs $363 people just aint gonnu risk that kind of money. At least not based on just Slash.

If this had been Guns on the other hand, the pipe would have had a different sound. That would have made people committ to the festival.

We're talking about a festival who has had all the "best" and biggest bands and artists in the world on their bill and Slash & freinds aint that. Not even close.

Slash was in norway a few years back with the best version of VR and alot of people saw that. Guns were here twice in 06. The hunger for Slash and his work is kind of gone. At least in this grand scale.

What the fuck is Zutaut thinking? He must be sweating like a pig right now. The only thing thats for sure is that he couldn't convince Guns to come which he has expressed that he was hoping and trying for.

Wonder how many tickets the festival sold after they announced that Slash would headline day 1?

Does anyone know who played with slash in vegas a while back? That was the show slash compared this thing to. I remember hearing something about it, but don't remember who. Fergie maybe and who else?
 no

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: