Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:51:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash in Oslo Norway today
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash in Oslo Norway today  (Read 57226 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2009, 03:31:52 PM »

John 5 has posted some pictures from Quart Festival on his MySpace page...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=65510933&albumId=2821232

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2009, 09:33:05 AM »

http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/09/02/kultur/musikk/festival/quart/7920384/

Looks like slash got a pretty nice paycheck for the Quart giog...

Wonder if it was worth it...

And I wonder if zutaut got some the $. A little inside agreement perhaps? Just speculating of course...

He was payd like 1.6 million dollars for a single gig... Jesus...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2009, 02:54:24 PM »

http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/09/02/kultur/musikk/festival/quart/7920384/

Looks like slash got a pretty nice paycheck for the Quart giog...

Wonder if it was worth it...

And I wonder if zutaut got some the $. A little inside agreement perhaps? Just speculating of course...

He was payd like 1.6 million dollars for a single gig... Jesus...

who cares? thats what happens when you are a professional musician, you get paid
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »

The people who ran the festival into the ground because they blew all the festivals money on Slash and didn't get nothing back cares i guess. The festivals workers who hasn't recieved their paycheck cares. The other bands that didn't get a fraction of what slash got. The investors who saw all their money go to one guy who didn't do what he was there to do, sell tickets. The fans who basically saw a shity rock karaokee gig totaly lacking flare... The list goes on...

I know I don't care very much, but alot of people do so save your ignorant shit buddy.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2009, 02:27:44 AM »

The people who ran the festival into the ground because they blew all the festivals money on Slash and didn't get nothing back cares i guess. The festivals workers who hasn't recieved their paycheck cares. The other bands that didn't get a fraction of what slash got. The investors who saw all their money go to one guy who didn't do what he was there to do, sell tickets. The fans who basically saw a shity rock karaokee gig totaly lacking flare... The list goes on...

I know I don't care very much, but alot of people do so save your ignorant shit buddy.

Looked like an awesome show  to me!!! 
I saw Guns in 2006 and some thought it was like a karaoke show but i enjoyed it too!
Looked like there was a decent crowd too

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #185 on: September 03, 2009, 08:25:25 AM »

Is it Slash's fault if the promoters didn't sell enough tickets?
I'm sure the promoters knew what kind of a show they would be getting from Slash too, even if it was a "shitty rock karaoke gig" to you.

To me, from the photos and videos I've seen and reviews I've read, it sounded like a kick ass show with Slash in top form with some friends of his.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2009, 08:40:55 AM »

Is it Slash's fault if the promoters didn't sell enough tickets?
I'm sure the promoters knew what kind of a show they would be getting from Slash too, even if it was a "shitty rock karaoke gig" to you.

To me, from the photos and videos I've seen and reviews I've read, it sounded like a kick ass show with Slash in top form with some friends of his.

I have nothing against the show, i wasn't even there. I was just quoting some reviewers who called it a shitty rock karaoke gig.

Slash was the first act that was booked for this festival and he was booked to draw people something he basically didn't do.

Noone can blame slash for anything really, but one can easly start to think and evaluate when a festival falls head first in all aspects especially when they blew a third of the budget on one guy...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2009, 08:45:43 AM »

Maybe they had to pay all the guests as well?  ozzy, fergie, john 5, ronnie Huh

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2009, 08:53:09 AM »

Maybe they had to pay all the guests as well?  ozzy, fergie, john 5, ronnie Huh

Sure.

What it boils down to tho is that 1/3 of the festivals money went to one gig.

The money could have been used to book many headliners so that the festival would have had a broader appeal and a higher over all level throughout the whole festival.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2009, 08:58:51 AM »

I don't know how that was made the headliner.

Either somebody managed to convince the festival people it was a great idea or they thought so themselves.

I could see this kind of thing work at a city festival or something similar. Where entrance is free.

But to expect people to flock to the festival to see Ozzy, Ron Wood and Slash play a bunch of rock classics?

Camp Freddy doesn't headline music festivals either...

If this was such a great concept, why didn't some of the other festivals book the same or a similar show?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »

I don't know either, but to me it looks like this was Zutauts work.

Quart didn't have a headliner, they hired and gave zutaut shit loads of money and he tried to get guns among others to headline the festival. This didn't happen so he talked to his old friend Slash and basically ended up with an "all the eggs in one basket type of deal".

I'm not saying this is how it went down, cuz i have no inside information what so ever, but to this is what it looks like.

I mean, if the Stones would have come, and black sabbath, and zeppelin and guns they might have done ok, but that was clearly not what they ended up with even tho they had elements of all the bands present.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2009, 09:41:37 AM »

But to expect people to flock to the festival to see Ozzy, Ron Wood and Slash play a bunch of rock classics?

Camp Freddy doesn't headline music festivals either...

The played mainly there own songs though, so it wasn't like a cover band.  Ozzy did his songs.  Slash did songs from GNR and VR of course etc.  and a few covers. 
It looked like an awesome show!  the crowd looked good, set list rocked, many big names.

Its not Slash's fault if the festival people spent most of there budget and chose to put all their eggs in one basket is it?

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2009, 10:21:32 AM »

Report: SLASH Was Paid $1.65 Million For QUART Festival Appearance - Sep. 3, 2009

According to Dagbladet.no, former GUNS N' ROSES/current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash was paid 10 million Norwegian kroner (approximately $1.65 million) for his headlining appearance at this year's edition of the Quart festival on June 30, 2009 in Kristiansand, Norway.

Quart festival manager Arild Buli would not comment on the report when contacted by Dagbladet.no, calling it "an internal matter" and expressing his concern about "confidential information" being leaked to the public.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126388

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2009, 10:35:44 AM »

Im sure that was probably the price paid for the 6 core band members on the night and the 3 or 4 special guests and probably other things.
Thats the price of a great gig!  smoking

I obviously kid, i dont know anything about Slash or the quart festivals finances.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:37:50 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2009, 03:19:58 PM »

Report: SLASH Was Paid $1.65 Million For QUART Festival Appearance - Sep. 3, 2009

According to Dagbladet.no, former GUNS N' ROSES/current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash was paid 10 million Norwegian kroner (approximately $1.65 million) for his headlining appearance at this year's edition of the Quart festival on June 30, 2009 in Kristiansand, Norway.

Quart festival manager Arild Buli would not comment on the report when contacted by Dagbladet.no, calling it "an internal matter" and expressing his concern about "confidential information" being leaked to the public.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126388

So what if he was paid that much money? More power to him if thats what they offered him. He wouldve been crazy not to accept that for a single gig.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2009, 03:45:11 PM »

For that kind of money maybe they should have premiered one of the new songs...just sayin'. Smiley

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »

All he did was play some shitty versions of the classic GNR songs, with Fergie or whoever, and a bunch of boring covers.   Just a cash grab.   
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2009, 07:05:54 PM »

Now, nothing have been confirmed people, so chill the F out! And Slash was not responsable for anything regarding the financial, and he delivered a GREAT show, I know, I was there. Whatever the amount was, it also, always include planetickets, transportation, hotelrooms, food and drinks, and many of the artist travel with entourages like wives, guitar/bass/drum technicians, sound and light guys,sometimes bodyguards and so on, Ozzy arrived in a private jet that day, dont you think that have to be paid? Whatever the amount was, Slash did not put even half in his pocket, maybe one third or less. (I've worked with high profile concert bookings for many years)

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »

who is that incredibly hot chick who sings Sweet Child? Wow.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »

^Fergie. VR needs to get her as their lead singer!

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: