Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:49:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62198 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 21, 2009, 04:39:33 PM »

Slash Shrugs Off Axl Rose's Latest Tirade, While In Vegas

Posted by Doug Elfman
Sunday, Mar. 15, 2009 at 02:29 AM

Ex-GNR guitarist Slash was in Las Vegas Saturday night to see Terry Fator?s new show at the Mirage. I asked Slash if he heard about Axl Rose?s latest tirade ? Rose calling Slash a ?cancer? and saying he?d never reunite with Slash.

?Ah, yeah,? Slash told me. ?But you know, it?s one of those things with him. It doesn?t really affect me at all. At this point, it?s starting to become a little bit ? he?s just sort of like ? whatever.?

Slash couldn?t seem to find the right words, because he didn?t seem to care, I think. He looked like he was shrugging a bit. I lit Slash?s cigarette and told him he looked unfazed.

?It?s been a long time,? Slash said. ?The fact that he has anything to say at all ? it?s like, whatever dude. It doesn?t really matter.?

Right after Slash said this, I asked him what else he would be doing in Vegas this weekend. Just then, his wife, Perla Hudson, walked up, heard my question and responded:

?We?re gonna go have sex! All kinds of sex. Loving sex. The kind of sex parents don?t get to have at home ? when they go to Vegas.?

In other words, between Axl and his wife, Slash seemed pretty clear about which one was going to get a rise out of him.

Slash is working on a solo album, reportedly with guest vocals from Ozzy Osbourne, Fergie and other singers. Or as Hudson told me: ?He can?t mention it, but it?s superstar singers. It?s on the DL.?

http://www.lvrj.com/blogs/vegasvoice/Slash_Shrugs_Off_Axl_Roses_Latest_Tirade_While_In_Vegas.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 04:56:20 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »

He handled that well.  Perla is pretty cool.   ok

These "superstars" are what is getting my attention.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:07:57 PM »

very nice the way he handled it.

I mean he is a cancer but yet every member of the former GNR and everybody else in the world still want to work or be in a band with him. it just doesn't add up.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »

Slash knows very well how to treat with the people for being always "The Super Cool" And the average people let Slash to cheat them portray as the good guy. I think this is the classical Slash behavior.
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 06:01:06 PM »

He has been talking about Axl for the past 12 years. The idea that Slash is the cool guy, because Axl chose to share his views a few times is beyond me.
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 06:18:02 PM »

He has been talking about Axl for the past 12 years. The idea that Slash is the cool guy, because Axl chose to share his views a few times is beyond me.

I agree with you what I say is that lots of people believe in the hypocritical face of Slash. The few times Axl speaks he speaks from heart and many people doesn?t understand the honestity.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »

Ha, pretty cool he doesn't care at all what Axl had to say. Sums up alot really.
I think so much time has passed he's just moved on and become more mature about the whole thing.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »

Im really not trying to take sides on this cause I love them both BUT:

Just from an outsider point of view, I just think Axl used a poor word choice calling Slash a cancer.

I mean when u take the perception of the outside world:

everybody quit Axl and don't want to work with him

Slash has a band with 2 other members of GNR, Steven is still Slash's friend and Izzy collaborated with them and the entire music world wants to collaborate with Slash

I am just saying, the evidence from now doesn't hold with what Axl said.

Maybe Slash WAS a cancer back in 96 but he certainly isn't viewed that way by the general public.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 09:21:36 PM »

Maybe Slash WAS a cancer back in 96 but he certainly isn't viewed that way by the general public.

Maybe he is to Axl.

Axl's obviously talking about his feelings, not about how the general public feels about Slash.

Maybe you have somebody in your life that you realize you're better off without, while everybody else thinks that person is awesome.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 09:25:49 PM »

everybody else in the world still want to work or be in a band with him.
especially shooter jennings

let's not forget scott weiland, or rod jackson, or some other singers that have worked proffesionally with him for some time  Wink
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 09:29:36 PM »

Right or wrong, Slash will always be be viewed better in the court of public opinion, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Personally, I think there's plenty of blame to go around - I mean c'mon, how many lies has Slash been caught in and how many people have left GNR of their own accord?

For the most part, those 2 points are very telling...

The personal back and forth has become white noise to me, I just try to enjoy the music they've made both together and apart and leave it that...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »

Maybe he is to Axl.

Axl's obviously talking about his feelings, not about how the general public feels about Slash.

Maybe you have somebody in your life that you realize you're better off without, while everybody else thinks that person is awesome.

/jarmo

Or maybe you (Axl) keep telling yourself that to justify your actions but deep down you wished it worked out.  None of us know for sure how Axl or Slash really feel.  I still go back the whole divorced couple thing.  Slash is that hot wife you got sick of fucking, but you don't want anyone else fucking her.  To make yourself feel better you say she put on some weight and is a whore, but deep down you know she was the best fuck you ever had and will always miss her.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »

Right or wrong, Slash will always be be viewed better in the court of public opinion, that ship sailed a long time ago.

Personally, I think there's plenty of blame to go around - I mean c'mon, how many lies has Slash been caught in and how many people have left GNR of their own accord?

For the most part, those 2 points are very telling...

The personal back and forth has become white noise to me, I just try to enjoy the music they've made both together and apart and leave it that...

I don't know about how many lies Slash has been caught in, but the following left on their own accord:

Robin Finck
Slash
Duff
Izzy
Buckethead
Paul Huge

Fired:
Gilby
Matt
Traci Guns
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 09:46:34 PM »

I was saying more what Falcon better articulated.

I know Axl views him that way and like I said, I am not saying Axl is wrong by any means cause I am not involved and have no idea.

My point was to the public opinion thing, where everyone wants to work with Slash, wherea they all left Axl, so it makes the Axl comment not come off well, cause the perception shows Slash is anything but.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »

Maybe he is to Axl.

/jarmo

Or maybe you (Axl) keep telling yourself that to justify your actions but deep down you wished it worked out.  None of us know for sure how Axl or Slash really feel.  I still go back the whole divorced couple thing.  Slash is that hot wife you got sick of fucking, but you don't want anyone else fucking her.  To make yourself feel better you say she put on some weight and is a whore, but deep down you know she was the best fuck you ever had and will always miss her.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  NOW THAT's a fucking analogy! 

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 10:18:15 PM »

Maybe he is to Axl.

/jarmo

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  NOW THAT's a fucking analogy! 

HA!!!!!!!!  D, I knew you would love that one!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 10:21:01 PM »

I don't know about how many lies Slash has been caught in...

Not sure "lies" in the plural form was the best choice of words, he obviously "remembers" things differently at different times - fair enough?

That said..

He flat out lied to the entire world on Camp Freddy Radio about visiting Axl's house, there's no ifs ands or buts about that one.

Guilty as charged.

Like I said above, the rhetoric is of zero interest to me anymore.  

Both are what they are - expect nothing and take no personal stock in either.

Enjoy the tunes and leave it at that...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 10:37:08 PM »

Yeah but I can't blame Slash for lying about that under the circumstances cause the things axl said he said could've destroyed his band.

I agree though, I really try to not take sides and just enjoy them both.

And yes, u are dead on Jarmo. there are a few people who are very cancerous to me but aren't bad people and others like them.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »

None of us know for sure how Axl or Slash really feel. 

Oh please.

Axl explained his feelings quite recently.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »

None of us know for sure how Axl or Slash really feel. 

Oh please.

Axl explained his feelings quite recently.

/jarmo

2 years ago he said he loved Slash, so give it up.  He says those things because he still cares for him.  If he didn't, he wouldn't waste time talking about him.  That is how it works Jarmo.  Axl is emotional and changes his mind... a lot.  He also killed Izzy back in the day for leaving GNR, now he loves him again.  He called Sorum an Albatross, then had drinks with him till 6:00 am in New York a couple years back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: