Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Mentor American Idol Rock Week  (Read 67745 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2009, 07:10:04 PM »

Okay, you got me there.  So there may be a few exceptions.  I'll also admit I actually don't mind a couple Kelly Clarkson songs.  But aside from her and Carrie, the rest I could care less about.  And to be fair, I really haven't heard Adam sing all that much.  I've heard all the praise.  I guess it's possible a collaboration with Slash could win me over.  But looking forward to it?  NO!

haha!!  backtracking already i see about despising anything AI??  hihi

but seriously dude, I felt the sameway about AI w/ the exception of Carrie and everything it stood for

usually w/ AI I'll watch the auditions for laughs, and to see if there's anyone w/ any talent

but the 20 sec lambert sang of bohemian rhapsody before they stopped him brought me back; and his performances just kept bringing me back
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »

Didn't feel there was a need to make a new thread for this, but I believe I saw Slash on American Idol tonight.  I don't watch the show, I hate it.  But it was on while I was in the room and they were doing some stupid skit with Russel Brand and Jonah Hill and they were mentioning all these celebrities who were in the audience, or taking part in some telethon they were doing.  Again, I wasn't paying close attention.  But anyway, none of the celebrities they mentioned were actually there.  But then they named Slash and Ryan Secrest said, "well, that is actually Slash".  And Slash was working the phones and Jonah hung up the phone on him.

Did anyone else see this?  Was that NOT Slash?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2010, 05:46:20 AM »

Didn't feel there was a need to make a new thread for this, but I believe I saw Slash on American Idol tonight.  I don't watch the show, I hate it.  But it was on while I was in the room and they were doing some stupid skit with Russel Brand and Jonah Hill and they were mentioning all these celebrities who were in the audience, or taking part in some telethon they were doing.  Again, I wasn't paying close attention.  But anyway, none of the celebrities they mentioned were actually there.  But then they named Slash and Ryan Secrest said, "well, that is actually Slash".  And Slash was working the phones and Jonah hung up the phone on him.

Did anyone else see this?  Was that NOT Slash?

I am not sure when AL is filmed but Slash has been out of the US on his way to Japan sense Sunday.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2010, 08:57:27 AM »

Yeah, it would have had to be pre-recorded.  I swear it was him though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2010, 10:20:48 AM »

Yeah, it would have had to be pre-recorded.  I swear it was him though.

You're right.

'American Idol Gives Back': No charity for Tim

April 22, 2010

Jonah Hill and Russell Brand are back to pay off their gag. Instead of celebrities in their phone bank, they have celebrity lookalikes: Woody Allen, Marilyn Monroe, two versions of Tom Cruise, Slash. Except Slash is the real one. Also, last season's Crazy Idolette Tatiana del Toro, only they identify her as former Idolette Clay Aiken. And look, there's Octomom! And here comes former A-lister Jim Carrey, who runs out after surveying the other phone-answerers.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/tvblog/2010/04/its-idol-gives-back-charity.html

Jonah Hill and Russell Brand are brought back to kill more time. They have a bunch of celebrity impersonators. They really do have Slash from Guns ?N Roses. Tatiana Del Toro and the Octomom also work the phone bank. Jim Carrey arrives in goofy glasses. He bolts when he sees the D-List crew. It?s not surprising to see Slash there since he?s the Steve Allen of his generation. He?ll appear at kid birthday parties and kindergarten graduations. Did you know you have to hire his hat separately for live appearances? Carrie Underwood sings. The song is about donating to children charities that advertise on TV. At least it ties in with the theme of the evening.
http://tv.insidepulse.com/2010/04/22/idol-gives-back-2010-american-idol-episode-9-33-review/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2010, 05:07:32 PM »

I swear it was him though.

Slash American Idol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb3ACdxg40I

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2010, 06:29:12 PM »

Ironic that the ONLY 2 minutes of American Idol I've seen all season and Slash just happens to pop up.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: