Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:23:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash's Next Album To Feature Myles Kennedy Handling All Vocals; May 22nd  (Read 95065 times)
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 08:52:53 AM »

Let's not forget, the songs that Myles contributed to for the solo album, were probably close to finished by Slash already.
Whereas Slash and Myles are now working together after being on the road for however long it has been now, and collaborating on music right from the start.
And, they have a proper backing band too, not just session musos playing on there like the Slash album.

I think that could result in some quite inspired music. ok

I believe that I read  when Slash sent the music to Myles for Starlight they had not even met at the time. And Myles got the music for BFC at the last minute. I am looking forward to the new album also Myles and Slash have great chemistry.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:55:04 AM by sleeper » Logged
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 10:40:43 AM »

I thought Myles songs were two of the stronger tracks on the album. His lyrics/vocals definitely take a back seat to Slash, but he holds his own.
I'd rather have Slash's playing be at the forefront, with Myles adding to it instead of the other way around, which is what Libertad sounded like to me.
Besides, there aren't many options for singers who's talent matches that of Slash. Scott isn't that guy anymore. Chris Cornell is, but I wasn't overly impressed with Promise, and he's thankfully back with Soundgarden anyway. Corey Taylor certainly wasn't the guy. There aren't any obvious choices if you ask me. Myles being the closest thing to it. I think it could potentially be a good old fashioned sleazy rock n roll record, since I don't see Myles channeling his inner Bowie or Elton John. I'm a fan of both for the record, but hoping for a more aggressive record.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 11:19:18 AM »

Myles Kennedy is boring. period.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »

I thought Myles songs were two of the stronger tracks on the album. His lyrics/vocals definitely take a back seat to Slash, but he holds his own.
I'd rather have Slash's playing be at the forefront, with Myles adding to it instead of the other way around, which is what Libertad sounded like to me.
Besides, there aren't many options for singers who's talent matches that of Slash. Scott isn't that guy anymore. Chris Cornell is, but I wasn't overly impressed with Promise, and he's thankfully back with Soundgarden anyway. Corey Taylor certainly wasn't the guy. There aren't any obvious choices if you ask me. Myles being the closest thing to it. I think it could potentially be a good old fashioned sleazy rock n roll record, since I don't see Myles channeling his inner Bowie or Elton John. I'm a fan of both for the record, but hoping for a more aggressive record.

yeah the problem is all the great frontmen are already in bands.  If you are a great front man you arent exactly sitting there with a boatloads of free time and your thumb up your ass, you are working.

I'll definitely buy the new record with Myles, and go see the tour.  I'm just not super stoked about it, I would rather him do another solo album like the last one and take some risks.  There are a TON of good frontmen in rock right now who were not used on the last record.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »

A good singer with a lot of range but is voice is about as distinguishable as a blade of grass.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »

From twitter

RT @SlashNMylesCamp: @SlashArmy : ***BREAKING NEWS*** @Slash Feat. @MylesKennedy Album Slated For March/April !!!... http://post.ly/26Zik
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »

SLASH: Next Solo Album To Arrive In March/April - May 27, 2011

In a recent interview with Planet Rock, legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES revealed that his new solo album will be released next spring.

Another record has been mooted for some time but this is the first time that Slash has talked about the schedule for its release.

Although ALTER BRIDGE vocalist Myles Kennedy sang just two tracks on Slash's self-titled solo debut, Slash recently confirmed that Myles will sing everything on the guitarist's next solo effort.

Speaking to Nicky Horne, he revealed, "Myles and I have been writing all throughout the tour so we've got a lot of material, and at this point we're probably gonna start a little bit of pre-production in June and then do the tour in July. In September we're going to [do more] pre-production and the album is slated to come out in March or April."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158724

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »

Frpm twitter today.

SlashSlash
This next record will be a shagalong record. Iii|; )'

SlashSlash

& heavy too.

6 minutes ago
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:52:11 PM by sleeper » Logged
Silex
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 01:46:04 PM »

Agree. I liked the "Slash & Friends" idea much better than this. Myles tracks on the first album were the worst tracks IMO.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »

The Myles Kennedy songs were 2 of the weaker ones on the record besides the Iggy Pop and Ian tracks, why would we want 14 more of them?

I guess it all comes down to preference.  I liked the two Myles songs, and I thought the song with Ian Astbury was really good.  But I agree about the Iggy Pop track -- I just can't get past the lyrics. Tongue  The album ends before that song for me.

I like Myles voice and I think he sounds really good live, but I haven't decided if I want an entire album with Myles.  Slash seems to be having a semi love fest with Myles at the moment.

audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »

Agree. I liked the "Slash & Friends" idea much better than this. Myles tracks on the first album were the worst tracks IMO.

Absolutely agree, those two track dragged the whole album down - along with two awful and forgettable ballads with singers whose names I can't remember (nor care to remember) - the rest of the album was great IMO.
However, if Slash wants to work with MK, fine by me. This album will likely tank and might even stink, but he should work with whomever he feels comfortable to work with as an artist and not think about the commercial aspect, nor listen to fans like me.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 10:26:49 PM »

The 2 Myles tracks were 2 of my favorites on the album, so I'd be interested to see what they could come up with.

With that being said though, I wouldn't say my excitement level is at an all time high.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 01:48:27 AM »

Although it's primarily a Slash/Myles album, this is definitely more of a "band" effort.
These guys have all been together on the road for so long, I'm sure the chemistry between them will result in some pretty good material, as they played an awesome live show the few times I saw them.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:51:16 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »

Although it's primarily a Slash/Myles album, this is definitely more of a "band" effort.
These guys have all been together on the road for so long, I'm sure the chemistry between them will result in some pretty good material, as they played an awesome live show the few times I saw them.

Has Slash confirmed that Todd Kerns, Brent Fitz and Bobby Shenk will play on this album? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

I kind of assumed that since it's a Slash album, that he would play all the guitar parts.

Just a question.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 12:29:48 PM »

Has Slash confirmed that Todd Kerns, Brent Fitz and Bobby Shenk will play on this album? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

I kind of assumed that since it's a Slash album, that he would play all the guitar parts.

Just a question.

Slash was interviewed backstage at Melbourne's Soundwave Festival.  He says the album with Myles will be recorded using the current touring band and will be together by December.

Video interview: http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/music/news/blog/slash-says-new-solo-album-could-be-out-in-december/20110307-blu0.html

Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »

Thanks FM.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »

Slash:

Going to start pre production w/Brent & Todd next week before the tour starts. Really looking forward to it. Iii|; )'

16 minutes ago via Facebook

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 08:39:45 PM »

Todd and Brent (Bass and Drums)... Who knows if Bobby (guitar) will make it on the album..
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 05:17:35 AM »

From Twitter

SlashSlash

1st day of working on new tunes w/B & T was killer. I might post something to hear before Europe tour. Iii|; )'

4 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 03:45:19 PM »

Here is a quick pic from day 4 of pre-production. Iii|; )

http://twitpic.com/5d0kob

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: