Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:46:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver  (Read 69419 times)
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »

I wonder why they chose to announce this now. Maybe they caught wind that Scott was giving interviews saying he hadn't been fired?

Scott has stared to make noise that when his solo tour is over that he would be working with STP again on a new album. I guess they finally decided to make it public to shut him up.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »

So Slash's comments 3 months ago didn't clue him in that all may not be well with his STP employment?

He knew it must have slipped his mind.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »

Weiland is officially out of STP.....

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/stone-temple-pilots-fires-singer-scott-weiland/
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2013, 04:27:38 AM »

so, it seems like stp fired scott without telling him.

i have a feeling that in a couple years they will sort their problems and do another tour.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »

Q&A: Scott Weiland on the State of Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver and His Solo Tour

'I'd love to return to Velvet Revolver, but it's not something that I can control'

FEBRUARY 28, 2013

Weiland called Rolling Stone on Tuesday afternoon to chat, and we asked him about Slash's statement that STP had fired him. He emphatically denied it. Sixteen hours later, the band put out a single-sentence press release: "Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland."

Scott Weiland: As far as Velvet Revolver goes, I'd love it if it happened. But it's not something I can count on, and it's not something that I can control. If it happens, it'll happen. It would be a great thing. I know the fans would love to see it, but I respect that Slash has a solo career and he wants it to succeed the same way that I would like my solo career to succeed. Having said that, whether things work out in a timely fashion, and if it's quarterbacked right by the team and we all work together . . . it's all very sensitive right now, but I'd like to do it. It would be fun.

I've always been good at juggling my musical adventures between different bands ? the Magnificent Bastards, solo projects, STP, Velvet Revolver, as well as doing things with different artists, like Cyndi Lauper and a lot of other people. I think you need to do that stuff as an artist. That's the way things were done in the Sixties and the Seventies, even to the Nineties. People like collaborations. Maynard [Kennan] is a really good example of how things can be done right. That's what I would like to do. I'm not going to force anything to happen. I want it to sort of happen organically.

Slash seems to be the source of some of the rumors about you. He said STP fired you, and he said he doesn't want you back in Velvet Revolver.
Slash said STP fired me?

Scott Weiland: Yeah.
Oh, no no no. Slash doesn't know anything about STP. Those guys wanted to get together to talk about touring, but I don't think touring right now is the best thing. STP has a legacy, and to protect that is very, very important to me. But to go and do the kind of offers that we were getting would be diminishing the brand, and I don't want to do that. There are offers right now. There are offers that I passed up on. There's offers that those guys didn't want as well. There were some hurt egos, but that's the way it is. Things are like a family. No one's ever fired anybody in STP.

It's the same thing with Velvet Revolver. The whole thing that happened in VR is that I was called by [Stone Temple Pilots guitarist] Dean [DeLeo] while I was on tour with VR. He said, "There are a few festival offers. Would you like to do something?" So I approached the guys in VR. They said, "Yeah, just a few shows? No problem." Then we went on tour in Europe. We were there for a long time, and everyone in the band went through some difficult times in their own way.

Nobody is perfect, but I do regret some of the things that I said, as I'm sure some of the other people do. Matt [Sorum] and I did get into an argument at the last show we played. I do remember saying something from the stage like, "This is the last Velvet Revolver show that I will ever do," and that I was quitting. I regret saying that. It was something that I said in the heat of the moment. I did not . . . it embarrassed them. I shouldn't have done that. It was an immature move. If I could take it back, I would. I still feel like something will happen. If it doesn't, there's other things to do.

Slash also said the "door was closed" as far as you returning to Velvet Revolver. He was pretty emphatic about it.

Scott Weiland: Well, the thing in interviews is . . . and it's the same with every interview I've ever given, is that words somehow get changed and edited. Then when you're doing a radio interview, someone asks a question, you answer it, and then they sort of push you into a direction, into a corner, to say something that doesn't really come out of it. You end up becoming defensive just to shut up that question.

I remember when Slash started doing his solo thing. He said, "I don't want to talk about Velvet Revolver." Just like I said before this interview. I said, "I don't want to talk about VR or STP." They said, "Well, we're going to." My manager said, "Well, shit, do you want to do the interview or not?" I said, "Well, sure, I'll still do the interview. I'm a nice guy. I'll do it." But you can't control what happens in the press. I'd say something more along the lines of, "You know, we'll see."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-scott-weiland-on-the-state-of-stone-temple-pilots-velvet-revolver-and-his-solo-tour-20130228

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2013, 03:47:19 PM »

I wonder if this will hold any weight with Slash.

Nobody is perfect, but I do regret some of the things that I said, as I'm sure some of the other people do. Matt [Sorum] and I did get into an argument at the last show we played. I do remember saying something from the stage like, "This is the last Velvet Revolver show that I will ever do," and that I was quitting. I regret saying that. It was something that I said in the heat of the moment. I did not . . . it embarrassed them. I shouldn't have done that. It was an immature move. If I could take it back, I would. I still feel like something will happen. If it doesn't, there's other things to do.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »

I wonder if this will hold any weight with Slash.

Why would it it? They decided to fire Scott months before this particular incident. Duff's book gave the best insight into their problems with Scott and a lot of it is business related. I don't think they want to get back into that whether he's sorry about certain things or not.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
janne
Opening Act

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2013, 04:25:41 PM »

Slash gave an interview to finnish TV a couple of weeks ago. He said something like he would like to do one more VR record in future. And that they don't have a singer..!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2013, 04:29:31 PM »

I don't think they want to get back into that whether he's sorry about certain things or not.

I could see Matt and Duff putting it in the past, and isn't he already friends with Dave Kushner.  But I agree, I don't think it will hold any weight with Slash.

Scott may have better luck reuniting with STP at this point.

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2013, 04:39:53 PM »

Let's face it; Slash has got Myles now.. no way he's getting back to working with Scott again
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2013, 09:26:10 AM »

SCOTT WEILAND Says STONE TEMPLE PILOTS 'Termination' Is Publicity Stunt - Mar. 1, 2013

Singer Scott Weiland claims that STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' announcement of his "termination" from the band is nothing more than a publicity stunt in order to hype an upcoming concert tour.

Speaking to TMZ.com at the Los Angeles airport prior to the launch of his new solo tour, Weiland said: "STP is not broken up. It's a whole thing to try to boost ticket sales."

According to Scott, there the members of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS are forbidden from using the name STP on another group unless all the individual musicians are involved.

Asked if he's still fronting the band, he replied, "I started it."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186880

Video: http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/28/scott-weiland-stone-temple-pilots-fired-lie-ticket-sales-tour/

overmatik
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »

What a complete mess! If indeed there is such a clause, then the DeLeo Bros won't be able to get another singer to front STP, and the nature of their statement loses all meaning. Until one of them come out and explain things we can just wait.

It's pretty sad, though. If they don't want to work with Scott anymore just end the band and put the name to rest. Sad
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

It sounds to me like Weiland has lost the plot

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2013, 03:24:06 PM »

I'll openly say that I've never been a Scott Weiland fan. I got VR's albums as I'm a fan of Slash, Duff and Matt and the obvious sound they're gonna' generate together. Whilst I'd love to see those three plus maybe Gilby get another group going or do something together, I'll be fucking stoked if they never work with Scott again.

And as to Scott himself. I hope the solo thing works for him, I really do. As for whatever reason neither STP or VR want him back.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

Duff's book gave the best insight into their problems with Scott and a lot of it is business related. I don't think they want to get back into that whether he's sorry about certain things or not.

I suppose you could call it "business" since it affected business.  In Duff's book, he talks about how Scott fell off the wagon (again) and got into smoking crack, how Scott would nod off at the mic during a song and then wake up and start singing the song wrong, and (most of all) how Scott was showing up late to their shows.  The latter of which made Duff ponder "haven't I been through this before?"

Right after they fired Scott, Slash gave an interview about how they absolutely weren't going to go through those things again (after dealing with Axl) and we know now exactly what he was referring to.

So yeah, I'd say that they're just plain done with Scott, and anyone like Scott.  They just don't want to keep enduring that problematic, cancerous lead singer syndrome.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:51:03 PM by Bridge » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2013, 09:25:47 AM »

SCOTT WEILAND Says STONE TEMPLE PILOTS 'Termination' Is Publicity Stunt - Mar. 1, 2013

Singer Scott Weiland claims that STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' announcement of his "termination" from the band is nothing more than a publicity stunt in order to hype an upcoming concert tour.

Speaking to TMZ.com at the Los Angeles airport prior to the launch of his new solo tour, Weiland said: "STP is not broken up. It's a whole thing to try to boost ticket sales."

According to Scott, there the members of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS are forbidden from using the name STP on another group unless all the individual musicians are involved.

Asked if he's still fronting the band, he replied, "I started it."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186880

Video: http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/28/scott-weiland-stone-temple-pilots-fired-lie-ticket-sales-tour/

interesting

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »

Duff's book gave the best insight into their problems with Scott and a lot of it is business related. I don't think they want to get back into that whether he's sorry about certain things or not.

I suppose you could call it "business" since it affected business.  In Duff's book, he talks about how Scott fell off the wagon (again) and got into smoking crack, how Scott would nod off at the mic during a song and then wake up and start singing the song wrong, and (most of all) how Scott was showing up late to their shows.  The latter of which made Duff ponder "haven't I been through this before?"

Right after they fired Scott, Slash gave an interview about how they absolutely weren't going to go through those things again (after dealing with Axl) and we know now exactly what he was referring to.

So yeah, I'd say that they're just plain done with Scott, and anyone like Scott.  They just don't want to keep enduring that problematic, cancerous lead singer syndrome.

I said business in reference to Scott demanding a bigger piece of the pie than the original 5 way split.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »

I think the only way Velvet Revolver could make a decent go at it, is if Scott was involved again. There's been way too many other singers associated with Slash n' co within the last few years, to make just another "singer" take the spot, would make it boring and generic.

At least with Scott back in the fold, you know he is VR, just like they were back in 2003.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »

Thanks to Rocketboy at the Stone Temple Pilots forum...

I stuck around after and got to meet Scott. He was really nice and stopped and talked to fans for a bit, sign some autographs and take a few pictures.

He talked a bit about the STP news/drama, basically saying the firing stuff is nonsense and he can't be fired, as it is stated in their contracts.
He said that the guys wanted to do a big 26 week tour, May-December (2012, I assume), but Scott said he wasn't up for it - he really wanted to take a break and be with his family for a bit, because he hasn't taken much of a vacation the last few years and the boys weren't happy about it.

He wouldn't say VR is getting back together, but he would like to and there is a possibility for a reunion.

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2013, 07:43:29 AM »

Duff and Dave writing songs for Scott doesn't mean there's a VR reunion.

Scott has the right idea, as far as doing what Keenan does, but it reminds me more of Vince Neil's drunk club shows.

There's different opinions on whether or not VR with Scott should make another album, and it has to do with how Libertad did. I think there is some motivation to want to make a 3rd album by Dave, Duff, Scott, and Matt. Slash isn't even going to consider it, but this might be one of those things they record 1 song here, 1 song there for, the same way it started out.

Or get Dave Navarro. Duff and Dave still Tweet back and forth, so there's no animosity from Duff bailing on JA.   

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: