Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:33:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland Is 'Completely Open' To Reuniting With Velvet Revolver  (Read 69430 times)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 08:39:49 PM »

I think you are underrating the appeal of Scott Weiland. In the U.S. especially where VR shows were 50/50 STP & GNR fans. Overseas different story
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 09:23:54 PM »

I think you are underrating the appeal of Scott Weiland. In the U.S. especially where VR shows were 50/50 STP & GNR fans. Overseas different story

I get what you're saying but I have to agree with Bridge, Slash is the main draw in the VR equation.

He's probably the most recognizable guitar player of his era and has unquestionably reached icon status worldwide.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 08:48:23 AM »

I really think in order it for to be Velvet Revolver... you need Scott and Slash , it wont work without either one of them missing....

hmmm

i hope they can work it out

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 09:16:22 AM »

I get what you're saying but I have to agree with Bridge, Slash is the main draw in the VR equation.

He's probably the most recognizable guitar player of his era and has unquestionably reached icon status worldwide.

I agree that Slash is the main draw, but he doesn't do it on his own, otherwise his solo records and tours would perform like VR, which they don't.  It is the idea of STP AND GNR together that is VR's appeal, at least here in the states.  It was that combination that brought the "casual" rock fan into the equation, which causes them to sell more records and play bigger venues.  You had the diehard GNR and STP fans but you also just those general rock fans, the ones who don't buy Slash's or Scott's solo records but will buy a VR record.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 10:20:23 AM »

well said Bodhi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 08:55:46 PM »

I agree that Slash is the main draw, but he doesn't do it on his own, otherwise his solo records and tours would perform like VR, which they don't.  It is the idea of STP AND GNR together that is VR's appeal, at least here in the states.  It was that combination that brought the "casual" rock fan into the equation, which causes them to sell more records and play bigger venues.  You had the diehard GNR and STP fans but you also just those general rock fans, the ones who don't buy Slash's or Scott's solo records but will buy a VR record.

You're mistaken about that, at least in Australia.

VR played a 5,000 seater venues on their first Australian tour, then for their follow up tour (which got cancelled) they were down to 2,000 seat venues, and Slash just toured here in Australia, playing a 10,000 seat venue.

He seems to have a bigger entity on his own, than VR ever got to.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 11:10:09 PM »

VR played a 5,000 seater venues on their first Australian tour, then for their follow up tour (which got cancelled) they were down to 2,000 seat venues, and Slash just toured here in Australia, playing a 10,000 seat venue.

You stated some good facts but unfortunately people don't listen because they believe what they want to believe. Slash will always be the stand out member of any band he's in because he's such an original. Not only is he an original, he's a very talented one!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:15:30 PM by kobys » Logged

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »

I would be interested to see what the reception would be for this. The last VR album and tour was met with a whole lot of indifference. People I know were actually more excited about the STP reunion.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 10:31:16 AM »

Interesting about Australia, how was STP popularity over there in the 90's?  Here in the states I don't know if there was a rock band who got more radio play than STP in the 90's.   There were some bands who got around the same but I cant think of any that got drastically more. STP was a massively popular band here for a while, and to this day are still pretty big.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:33:12 AM by Bodhi » Logged
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »

What always amazed me about STP is how many hit songs they have.  I saw them a couple of summers ago, and I am more of a casual fan of the band overall, but I LOVE the Core album.  At the show they played basically all the hits and I was dumbfounded by how many popular songs I forgot they had. 
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »

Interesting about Australia, how was STP popularity over there in the 90's?  Here in the states I don't know if there was a rock band who got more radio play than STP in the 90's.   There were some bands who got around the same but I cant think of any that got drastically more. STP was a massively popular band here for a while, and to this day are still pretty big.

STP were popular, and got a lot of radio play. Probably not as much as Pearl Jam and alike, but still pretty popular.
The reformed STP played here a couple of years ago, and played one show at the same 5,000 seater that VR sold out 2 nights at on their first tour.

It's just odd that VR, touring off their second album, were down to smaller venues for their follow up tour, while Slash on his own is playing venues now double what VR and STP both are.
Mind you, VR's second album didn't do very well, and I don't really rate it either, so maybe their initial hype died own.

Meanwhile Slash is back to playing some of the best guitar in his career, and there's a resurgence in the popularity of rock guitar too.
Maybe they're all factors, but there's no doubting Slash's own popularity or star power as well.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »

From Duff before this interview with Scott...

DUFF KEEPS VR DREAM ALIVE

But in an exclusive interview with RUSHONROCK, McKagan said: ?All I can say is that I hope we will see Velvet Revolver play again.

?I hope that singer we?re searching for just steps in at some point and we?ll be good to go.

?The time away has made me realise how much I miss that band. I just hope to play with Slash again. When me and him play that rock n roll thing ? with Matt who is one of the best drummers ever ? it?s special.

?I miss that thing. But I always knew it would be difficult. I?m a realist. If it?s supposed to happen it will happen.?

Rush On Rock

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »

Awesome to hear that from Duff.... though at the very least, he and Slash aren't resting on their laurels in the meantime.  It makes VR's absence easier to deal with.
overmatik
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »

Well, I never had any doubts about the fact that Duff misses playing with Slash, as I am certain Slash also does miss playing with Duff. The problem is that Slash has made up his mind on never putting himself again into a situation in a band in which there are "external factors" getting in the way of playing.

To me it seems that as long as Myles is willing to stay he will be releasing one solo album after another...
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 11:35:17 PM »

Wow.

"Slash has really done nothing outstanding without Duff or Izzy"

Wow. Just wow.

News flash for the rest of us earthlings.

I would love nothing more than to see it happen. Loaded used to be a great band when they did things old school, now you have to deal with possibly the must fucked up fanbase in rock history Shocked Slash's new stuff is bad; Let's be honest, Slash has really done nothing outstanding without Duff or Izzy involved. Sorum is definitely in, and Kushner is probably begging them to try it again. I say replace Slash with Dean DeLeo and go for it.

IMO, Slash is the hold up but I could be wrong. Matt and Duff are pretty high on Kings of Chaos and Duff has The Walking Papers and Loaded still but Loaded could very easily go on the back burner again.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 10:07:55 AM »

Anastasia is pretty outstanding to me ok

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 08:14:47 PM »

I doubt Slash would be upset if Duff, Matt, & Dave decided to work with Scott, he'd prob. just say "I don't want to revisit that whole experience with Scott again, but if they want to, more power to them."

Using the VR name's debatable without Slash involved, but they can worry about band names another time.

They could get Scott Stapp as frontman. He's not doing anything if Myles is doing Alter Bridge.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »

Scott Stapp(spits out beer) You jokin right? Duff hates him. Makes fun of him in Creed all the time. When referencing late 90s "corporate rock"
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »

Scott did and said a lot of things in the past, but I doubt Duff would say he hates him now, he would just acknowledge him as another fellow addict dealing with the same things he's dealt with.

I could see Scott doing a solo CD with Duff and Izzy's help on a few songs. That's my guess on what's going to come out of that.

I also don't think STP's done for good, they just need another long break apart from each other. That's prob. why there's no official announcement.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »

im a fan of scott (weiland) in any band hes been in and i would like to see him somewhere soon making music.

and i think velvet revolver could easily continue without slash and keep the name. (actually that would kick ass if they find the right guy)

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »