Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:30:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 478086 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »

Hoping for a NYC area show!  peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 08:46:17 PM »

Met Life, MSG, Barclays, Prudential, I'll see them anywhere they want to play in the NYC area. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 09:01:43 PM »

my money is on METLIFE!!! I hope so......and right now sitting in my apartment in NYC prepping for the Blizzard with LIVE ERA BLASTING and some vodka BRING IT!  peace

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2016, 12:37:28 AM »

Should we have another thread for Europe Sad peace

There was a time when I could've gone to LV but now we wait. Central Europe anywhere, anyone peace

(Trains or low cost flights in central Europe are very affordable and frequent. We can and will go anywhere only if there was a reason to go.)

ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2016, 01:06:48 AM »

This was probably already in the cards, but Billboard's sources say both AEG Live and Live Nation are involved in a GNR tour. Now, that could mean Live Nation will handle GNR internationally, but if Billboard's article is concentrating on the US market exclusively that would mean a shared promotor role for the tour there.

It does have significance, as this opens up to a lot more possibilities when it comes to venue selection.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/magazine/6843853/the-high-wire-act-of-a-guns-n-roses-reunion-tour

You need a subscription to read the article, I don't have one..

Here's the first part:

The band is said to be asking $3 million per show, and ITS unpredictability leaves a lot to chance. But the upside is high, and sources say AEG and Live Nation are in the ring.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:23:50 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2016, 01:30:19 AM »

There's a post on the Northside festival (Denmark) FB page with a teaser that could indicate GNR playing. The festival runs 17-19 June. If true it would be announced Wednesday apparently.

Hopefully a sign of a Euro tour but not sure what festival (if any) this would mean for uk at this time
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2016, 01:32:46 AM »

Thanks for the heads up! Notice the headliners are in alphabetical order.....

What speaks against this rumor though, is the size of the festival. If any festival in Denmark were to afford the price rumors say GNR are asking, it would be Roskilde I think.

Anyways, here's the teaser ("Guns N' Roses" does fit in behind the censored parts):

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:59:55 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2016, 03:11:05 AM »

I hope this hasn?t been posted yet ? Joe Elliott?s cool take on the reunion stuff:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def-leppards-joe-elliott-wants-to-see-both-steven-adler-and-matt-sorum-involved-in-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Edit:
Btw, Hysteria is one of the best Rn?R records ever...!
yes
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:22:12 AM by jamillos22 » Logged

Hell has frozen over.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2016, 04:14:46 AM »

Disrespect. Of course an ol' school want what was 25 years ago. ..

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2016, 06:42:10 AM »

Anyways, here's the teaser ("Guns N' Roses" does fit in behind the censored parts):

Sure, that's a great way for them to drum up interest for their festival.
But GN'R billed below all those other acts? Not likely.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2016, 07:06:10 AM »

/jarmo

Is it written in alphabetical order? That?s what it seems to me. If so it doesn?t necessarily mean that will be the order of artists performance. But I could be wrong since they have those hiden names
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2016, 07:34:02 AM »

/jarmo

The poster would indicate alphabetical order not headliners and sub-headliners etc. Purely speculative, but this has been posted elsewhere and fits GNR in nicely - sure other bands would fit too though!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »

Ah. Then it makes sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2016, 09:40:58 AM »

Guns N Roses would not be that low on the list they would be headliners no offense to Beck. What ad doesn't start with the headlining act. Sorry don't think this is for Guns N Roses
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2016, 09:42:07 AM »

Guns N Roses would not be that low on the list they would be headliners no offense to Beck.

It was just pointed out that the acts are in alphabetical order.

/jarmo

TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »

I hope this hasn?t been posted yet ? Joe Elliott?s cool take on the reunion stuff:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def-leppards-joe-elliott-wants-to-see-both-steven-adler-and-matt-sorum-involved-in-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Edit:
yes

Very cool.  I think he is thinking what the majority of fans are. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2016, 09:58:46 AM »

Edit:
yes

Very cool.  I think he is thinking what the majority of fans are. 
I think it depends on what the purpose of this reformed lineup is all about. I mean, it's going to be viewed as a reunion as long as Slash and Duff are involved. But does Axl see it that way? Is this all about paying tribute to the glory days? If guys from the CD era are still involved, is this simply a move forward albeit with members from the past? Do they plan on making and releasing new music with Frank, Richard, Dizzy, Chris, etc.? If so, I think it would make less sense to have a Matt or Gilby involved. I'd expect Izzy and probably Steven to make an appearance here and there though. It'll certainly be interesting to see it play out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2016, 10:11:26 AM »

While i suspect this tour will contain alot of AFD & UYI stuff i certainly hope they do mix in new stuff. I mean they started doing "the seeker" on that last tour so maybe some new cover song i don't want this to just be a nastalgia tour where you can just watch the tokyo shows from 91 for that. And believe me i get it there is probably a large gnr fan base who never got to witness the 87-93 line up so to see this people will probably be more accepting of just those albums but as for me some updated newer touches would be cool.

And to clarify i never got to see them all together iv seen them 3 times from 2002 and on so while I will be happy with whatever they do play. maybe a couple songs from ChiDem would be great to see.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:14:08 AM by GNR4LIFEJD » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2016, 10:14:51 AM »

For this tour, I'm hoping for one or two new songs, written by today's line-up.

Not expecting any sort of release any time soon, but with rehearsals starting three months before the first show, they might have had time to cook up something.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2016, 10:39:47 AM »

I used letters from the same poster to put together "GNR". This to be sure of the font and size.

Unfortunately, I think the distance between the "S" and the the "N'" is just a few pixels too short....  Undecided

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 12:15:14 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: