Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:43:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses' current record company
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses' current record company  (Read 32178 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2017, 07:53:51 PM »

Bacon, you are talking like these shows have already happened.

They're still in Europe.

Well they are about to happen.  And did just happen

So just like everything else with this band time to speculate
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2017, 04:50:18 AM »

You're also stuck on repeat Bacon. Let the tour ride out, then start talking aboht new material. Nothing is gping to change while they're on the NITL tour. If you want sonethin different, I advise you to not go. 

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2017, 05:17:47 PM »

Damn shame the record industry is destroyed
The blame is fully on each and every person who thinks music isn't something worth paying.  Fuck each and every of them- they're not fans of music, they're fucking vultures.  And they'll use every excuse and reason in the book to justify the simple fact that they don't want to put their hands in their pocket.

That's the opinion of the decade right there.   ok

It's not because there's no good music, as a lot of illegal downloaders claim.  Even if there's a lack of it, what those dumbasses don't understand is that record companies don't take chances on new bands because of illegal downloading.  So the jerkoffs who illegally download music are hurting themselves as the music fans they claim they are, and they're hurting the artists they claim to support.

Human beings have a tendency to create and embrace technology that destroys them rather than advocates them, and all software that enables illegal downloading is certainly among that.

It's really a crying shame that technology advances too fast for it to contain itself and correct the repercussions along the way.  It's ridiculous that after all these years of illegal downloading, nobody has been able to concoct ANY technological antidote that actually works well enough to cap it off.

The best I've heard is "Oh I love music so much I can't possibly afford to buy it all". But you CAN afford that new pair of Nikes right? And that iPhone? Etc etc. But you won't stick your hand in your pocket to buy a 10 dollar CD by a struggling new band? Come off it. People are full of shit- and the fact they ruin my chances of hearing new music and letting it develop to it's full potential really angers me- as my view you quoted above probably says!

Without a doubt it's one of the reasons there is no new music from GNR. Not saying it's the ONLY one by any means, but it's one of them for sure.

GNR is not a struggling new band

GNR has an open market of roughly 50 000 fans every night that buy any thing from a silly t shirt to a silly poster at every concert.  Are you telling me these fans would not also be open to buying a new album at these concerts?   Geeze this isn't a struggling band playing in front of 10 relatives every night.  The market is right there.
I just went to a Bon Jovi show where there were 20,000 people. He played new songs, and people around me were grumbling-they wanted to hear the "80 stuff"-he last album pretty much fell off the charts. The majority of fans at concerts these days want to hear hits-especially fans who have never seen Guns-like many on this tour. Just because 50,000 go to a concert does not mean they will buy a new album of material

libertad
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »

The blame is fully on each and every person who thinks music isn't something worth paying.  Fuck each and every of them- they're not fans of music, they're fucking vultures.  And they'll use every excuse and reason in the book to justify the simple fact that they don't want to put their hands in their pocket.

It's not because there's no good music, as a lot of illegal downloaders claim.  Even if there's a lack of it, what those dumbasses don't understand is that record companies don't take chances on new bands because of illegal downloading.  So the jerkoffs who illegally download music are hurting themselves as the music fans they claim they are, and they're hurting the artists they claim to support.

Human beings have a tendency to create and embrace technology that destroys them rather than advocates them, and all software that enables illegal downloading is certainly among that.

It's really a crying shame that technology advances too fast for it to contain itself and correct the repercussions along the way.  It's ridiculous that after all these years of illegal downloading, nobody has been able to concoct ANY technological antidote that actually works well enough to cap it off.

The best I've heard is "Oh I love music so much I can't possibly afford to buy it all". But you CAN afford that new pair of Nikes right? And that iPhone? Etc etc. But you won't stick your hand in your pocket to buy a 10 dollar CD by a struggling new band? Come off it. People are full of shit- and the fact they ruin my chances of hearing new music and letting it develop to it's full potential really angers me- as my view you quoted above probably says!

Without a doubt it's one of the reasons there is no new music from GNR. Not saying it's the ONLY one by any means, but it's one of them for sure.

GNR has an open market of roughly 50 000 fans every night that buy any thing from a silly t shirt to a silly poster at every concert.  Are you telling me these fans would not also be open to buying a new album at these concerts?   Geeze this isn't a struggling band playing in front of 10 relatives every night.  The market is right there.
I just went to a Bon Jovi show where there were 20,000 people. He played new songs, and people around me were grumbling-they wanted to hear the "80 stuff"-he last album pretty much fell off the charts. The majority of fans at concerts these days want to hear hits-especially fans who have never seen Guns-like many on this tour. Just because 50,000 go to a concert does not mean they will buy a new album of material

Riiiiiight.......

So at a guns concert you get

20% cover songs
and 10-15% songs off of the album CD

Are fans lining up to hear guns sing cover songs or songs off of CD?

Bon Jovi also had many hits into the 90s and 200s, they have a ton of albums....   Play lots of songs off of every album.

You were sitting next to some horrible bon jovi fans if all they waned to hear was.  The albums Slippery When Wet and New jersey

Keep the faith
have a nice day
Crush

Where all hit albums with hit songs released well after the 80s

Damn I wish I could be a guns fan and get to pick through songs from over 20 plus albums!!!!!   

We get 4 original albums of material to pick from.   
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2017, 09:14:07 PM »

Riiiiiight.......

So at a guns concert you get

20% cover songs
and 10-15% songs off of the album CD

Are fans lining up to hear guns sing cover songs or songs off of CD?

Bon Jovi also had many hits into the 90s and 200s, they have a ton of albums....   Play lots of songs off of every album.

You were sitting next to some horrible bon jovi fans if all they waned to hear was.  The albums Slippery When Wet and New jersey

Keep the faith
have a nice day
Crush

Where all hit albums with hit songs released well after the 80s

Damn I wish I could be a guns fan and get to pick through songs from over 20 plus albums!!!!!   

Most would rather hear cover songs, honestly.  I'm not sure if you understand most people going to Guns concerts probably didn't buy Chinese Democracy. Motley Crue toured for years after Saints of L. A.-which was released in ..2008.  Guns is going to tour for quite a while with probably the same setlist. And do great business.

libertad
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2017, 04:06:41 AM »

But you are NOT a GnR fan. You just haven't realized it yet. You don't like ANYTHING about them. Not their latest album (Chinese), you don't like their set-list, you don't like half of the band members, you don't like the way they communicate with their fans, press or whatever, you don't like their fans, their shows, the way they go about things, where they tour, how they tour. I am not saying who is a 'real fan', but everything you say is pointing towards not liking a single thing about this band. Thus, the conclusion can be drawn you dislike them --> so not a fan of the band.

You only like an album that was released a million years ago. You DON'T like THIS BAND. If you did, you wouldn't be whining over and over again about the same things. Like, you literally type the SAME message everyday. You're like the guy who comes to a party but just keeps saying how boring and dumb the party is, but won't go home. Go home, please. Or to a Bon Jovi forum, where you are more in your element.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2017, 06:43:09 AM »

But you are NOT a GnR fan. You just haven't realized it yet. You don't like ANYTHING about them. Not their latest album (Chinese), you don't like their set-list, you don't like half of the band members, you don't like the way they communicate with their fans, press or whatever, you don't like their fans, their shows, the way they go about things, where they tour, how they tour. I am not saying who is a 'real fan', but everything you say is pointing towards not liking a single thing about this band. Thus, the conclusion can be drawn you dislike them --> so not a fan of the band.

You only like an album that was released a million years ago. You DON'T like THIS BAND. If you did, you wouldn't be whining over and over again about the same things. Like, you literally type the SAME message everyday. You're like the guy who comes to a party but just keeps saying how boring and dumb the party is, but won't go home. Go home, please. Or to a Bon Jovi forum, where you are more in your element.

I like songs off there last album (almost 10 years ago)  but didn't like the album as a whole
I think there set list is just fine for a one off show, I have said this many times.  Sure wish they would write some more original material though, so they didn't have to play so many covers
They don't communicate with there fans, that's right, I don't like that
There is no press or media, that's right, I don't like that
I have nothing against there fans
I love the fact that they are touring, I would like for when they visit cities they have just played or markets they just played, that they change up the show.
Do I really have to life Frank or Richard or the girl to be a fan?  I don't mind them, in fact I couldn't careless about them....  Def don't hate them or not like them
This is the first time I have ever posted this, first time today, first time any day.

So the way I see it, I am a huge fan.  I am also very critical.

Like I said to the other poster, if you don't like it, don't read it, don't respond, go join one of these very lively other threads out there.........   This place is just bumping with conversation......  Sheesh, there was just a concert in Paris and nobody here could even be bothered to start a thread or discussion.    Go join the birthday thread jack...  The way I see it, I am a fan, the only conversation starting pieces on here are what I post and its a shame most of these fans don't want to talk about the obvious. 

Repeat markets played, no interviews, no new music, to many covers.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2017, 07:35:45 AM »

And the best situation for GNR fans in 25 years.  You tend to leave that part out.

You have to be the only one that wants to return things to 5 years ago when only the diehard of the diehard true Axl zealots still thought things were going great.  Most stopped paying attention.  Many that were still in the fold were doing the equivalent of "hate watching" a TV show they long fell out of love with, but keep on watching out of a combination of sadism and sheer habit.

Who the hell wants that back?  My favorite band is no longer seen as a joke, as it was for 2 decades. 

That's a bad thing?  Not in any rational universe.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2017, 08:13:58 AM »

And the best situation for GNR fans in 25 years.  You tend to leave that part out.

You have to be the only one that wants to return things to 5 years ago when only the diehard of the diehard true Axl zealots still thought things were going great.  Most stopped paying attention.  Many that were still in the fold were doing the equivalent of "hate watching" a TV show they long fell out of love with, but keep on watching out of a combination of sadism and sheer habit.

Who the hell wants that back?  My favorite band is no longer seen as a joke, as it was for 2 decades. 

That's a bad thing?  Not in any rational universe.

Only thing I would want back from 5 years ago would be

That it was only 5 years since my fav band released an album

Now it's been 10

Glad your fandom relies on how many likes you get on the Facebook you get for stupid posts regarding nonsense

Keep up the praise and lack of conversation on a gnr forum

Comment how it's not right how others arnt along fine this ride full steam   Eating every bit of corn that this band shits out

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2017, 09:45:32 AM »

This is the way the music industry is going-U2 and Billy Joel are not doing press in my town-do I wish Guns would? Yes. But I've accepted they wont, and moved on. Do I wish they were like Dave Matthews with their setlist? Yes. You tube Eddie Trunk talking about whether there will be a new Guns album-he sums it up pretty well. They are ding killer business right now. My 3 favorite bands are GNR, Van Halen, and R.E.M.  R.E.M are done-Eddie Van Halen has done less press and touring than Axl in the last 20 years. Sammy Hagar is worth a gazillion dollars but wont do another Chickenfoot record because it wont sell, and he said he's not going to get up and do interviews to promote an album people wont buy. Read Duff's latest book about touring for Walking Papers. He did it with the band in a van. These guys are business men. Do I wish it were the 90's when bands did album/tour/album/tour? Yes. But it's not a situation exclusive to Guns. It sucks, but it's reality. I've often said my favorite time of the band was in 2002. I do understand your frustration. But I guess part of me understands the situation and accepts it

libertad
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »

Bacon, what's this 'setlist is ok for a one off show' shut about? You saying that you think they should have dobe obe show?! Or change the set completely every single night? You realise both of those sceanarios are never going to happen right?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2017, 03:48:41 PM »

Bacon, what's this 'setlist is ok for a one off show' shut about? You saying that you think they should have dobe obe show?! Or change the set completely every single night? You realise both of those sceanarios are never going to happen right?

It still surprises me. 

That after being acussed of saying the same thing in every post   People seem to only want to erase what they want to see.  Or can't be bother d to read at all

I have said many times this show/act that guns n roses does including the setlist.  Works just fine for a one off show

A stadium show is a lot like a movie.   This movie is on release all through out the world    It is what it is

What I don't like is when they play two nights in the same market that the show is on repeat    I don't like that
What I can't accept is if this show comes comes back to markets they just played and cities they have played recently more than once and this show hasn't changed   That's just bullshit

As a one off show it's fine.  I vote it 8/10.  There are things I don't like about the show    Too many covers.   Too many jams. A couple of songs that are just way to long (rocket queen and kohd) l, lack of crowd interaction. But overal a solid 8-10
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2017, 03:57:53 PM »

This is the way the music industry is going-U2 and Billy Joel are not doing press in my town-do I wish Guns would? Yes. But I've accepted they wont, and moved on. Do I wish they were like Dave Matthews with their setlist? Yes. You tube Eddie Trunk talking about whether there will be a new Guns album-he sums it up pretty well. They are ding killer business right now. My 3 favorite bands are GNR, Van Halen, and R.E.M.  R.E.M are done-Eddie Van Halen has done less press and touring than Axl in the last 20 years. Sammy Hagar is worth a gazillion dollars but wont do another Chickenfoot record because it wont sell, and he said he's not going to get up and do interviews to promote an album people wont buy. Read Duff's latest book about touring for Walking Papers. He did it with the band in a van. These guys are business men. Do I wish it were the 90's when bands did album/tour/album/tour? Yes. But it's not a situation exclusive to Guns. It sucks, but it's reality. I've often said my favorite time of the band was in 2002. I do understand your frustration. But I guess part of me understands the situation and accepts it

Who is talking about press in hometowns.  That would be the ultimate.  I am talking about doing some sortaress period.  Some sorta media or fan interaction.  Both U2 and. Illy Joel do this.   Local interviews would be a rare welcome or thing as well    I would settle for a national print interview though

R.E.M. Is one of my all time bands as well.   I only wish Guns had the catalogs of songs they did   I was lucky enough to see R.E.M. 4 times and would love for guns to put on the type of show rem did.   Songs off of every album.   There own material  and when they where still releasing music they played it right till the end

Guns has 4 albums.  Everyone is comparing them to all these other bands that have a huge backlog of hits and tons of albums

Guns has 4 albums.  3 of the albums where hits there was a handful of hits on each album.  Fans act like all the songs where hits   Not even close.  3 of the 4 albums where hits.  There were a few hits off each album.   I can't give guns n roses credit for being a nostalgic touring act.  There just isn't enough material  hense all the cover songs and long jams   I guess there material can be called mpIred to that of the sex pistols when they did a reunion tour years ago.   Not a whole lot of content there 
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2017, 04:06:48 PM »

Guns has 4 albums.  Everyone is comparing them to all these other bands that have a huge backlog of hits and tons of albums

Guns has 4 albums.  3 of the albums where hits there was a handful of hits on each album.  Fans act like all the songs where hits   Not even close.  3 of the 4 albums where hits.  There were a few hits off each album.   I can't give guns n roses credit for being a nostalgic touring act.  There just isn't enough material  hense all the cover songs and long jams   I guess there material can be called mpIred to that of the sex pistols when they did a reunion tour years ago.   Not a whole lot of content there 

Wait, so a band that is touring on 4 albums AND is the best selling rock act of this moment (rock, so not those dipshits of Coldplay included) does not have enough hits? Are you kidding me? Your logic seems pretty flawed. Literally everything they play is good enough to make a few million PER NIGHT. Seems like hit songs to me then. Even the covers are songs that pretty much everyone in the crowd wants to hear.

Guns plays Estranged. And still random fans pay a lot to see them and come out to see them. Have you even looked at YouTube plays of Estranged? It has almost 100 million views on YouTUbe. An almost 30 year old, 10 minute guitar solo driven song non-commercial song has more plays than the average current day Top 40 hit song. You really have no idea how the music industry works.

Guns is literally touring their greatest hits right now and the WORLD IS LOVING IT.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2017, 04:18:58 PM »

Wait, so a band that is touring on 4 albums AND is the best selling rock act of this moment (rock, so not those dipshits of Coldplay included) does not have enough hits? Are you kidding me? Your logic seems pretty flawed. Literally everything they play is good enough to make a few million PER NIGHT. Seems like hit songs to me then. Even the covers are songs that pretty much everyone in the crowd wants to hear.

Guns plays Estranged. And still random fans pay a lot to see them and come out to see them. Have you even looked at YouTube plays of Estranged? It has almost 100 million views on YouTUbe. An almost 30 year old, 10 minute guitar solo driven song non-commercial song has more plays than the average current day Top 40 hit song. You really have no idea how the music industry works.

Guns is literally touring their greatest hits right now and the WORLD IS LOVING IT.

The tour has sold off of Slash and Axl back on stage again.  And fans wanting to hear songs like November rain and sweet child of mine

Call it a greatest hits tour if you want.   I really don't think there is that many hits being played.  A few hot albums

Ask love the insults for an opinion that differs from yours, this will be my last time responding to one of your fan boy posts

There where no greatest hits off of the album CD
These 7-9 cover songs jams where not considered hits and nobody around me when I saw the band live wanted to hear them.   We came to a Guns show to hear Guns music
Estranged is a great song  played live great.  I have never once said other wise    Kohd is a bloated cover song that is way to long.   Rocket queen while a nice b track off a album and sounds good on the album when played live is just to long because of the extended bloated jams in the song.   

You call this a greatest hits tour all you want

I call it a quasi reunion tour that represents a few songs off of each album.  A few of those albums where hits a few of these song where hits   It also features a lot of jams and cover songs.   All in all a sold 8/10
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2017, 04:35:48 PM »

The tour has sold off of Slash and Axl back on stage again.  And fans wanting to hear songs like November rain and sweet child of mine

Call it a greatest hits tour if you want.   I really don't think there is that many hits being played.  A few hot albums

Ask love the insults for an opinion that differs from yours, this will be my last time responding to one of your fan boy posts

These 7-9 cover songs jams where not considered hits and nobody around me when I saw the band live wanted to hear them.   We came to a Guns show to hear Guns music
Estranged is a great song  played live great.  I have never once said other wise    Kohd is a bloated cover song that is way to long.   Rocket queen while a nice b track off a album and sounds good on the album when played live is just to long because of the extended bloated jams in the song.   

I call it a quasi reunion tour that represents a few songs off of each album.  A few of those albums where hits a few of these song where hits   It also features a lot of jams and cover songs.   All in all a sold 8/10

So you 'don't think that many hits are being played'? Huh? Let's have a look at the tracklist of The Greatest Hits,.....

1 Welcome To The Jungle -PLAYED NIGHTLY

2 Sweet Child O' Mine - PLAYED NIGHTLY

3 Patience - PLAYED NIGHTLY

4 Paradise City - PLAYED NIGHTLY

5 Knockin' On Heaven's Door -PLAYED NIGHTLY

6 Civil War - PLAYED NIGHTLY

7 You Could Be Mine - PLAYED NIGHTLY

8 Don't Cry - PLAYED NIGHTLY

9 November Rain - PLAYED NIGHTLY

10 Live And Let Die -PLAYED NIGHTLY

11 Yesterdays - PLAYED NIGHTLY

12 Ain't It Fun - COVER VERSION, NOT PLAYED

13 Since I Don't Have You - COVER VERSION, NOT PLAYED

14 Sympathy For The Devil - COVER VERSION, NOT PLAYED

So which 'greatest hits' are you accusing them of not playing? The three cover versions?

Also- you're saying it's not a Greatest Hits set, because they're doing other songs? It's the Greatest Hits, and other stuff? So your problem is what? That they're doing other stuff? That they're NOT doing Greatest Hits (even though as the above shows, they are)? That they're NOT doing other stuff? Huh?! I'm really really confused as to what the hell you think this band should be doing, other than pulling brand new unheard songs out of their arse every night....

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2017, 04:40:18 PM »

Lol, get off your high horse mate. None of your opinions mean anything to anyone other than yourself. Most of your posts don't even make sense, and read like they were written by an 8 year old. So I am cool with that being your last response to my posts  beer Bye bye now  hihi

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2017, 05:20:07 PM »

So you 'don't think that many hits are being played'? Huh? Let's have a look at the tracklist of The Greatest Hits,.....

1 Welcome To The Jungle -PLAYED NIGHTLY

2 Sweet Child O' Mine - PLAYED NIGHTLY

3 Patience - PLAYED NIGHTLY

4 Paradise City - PLAYED NIGHTLY

5 Knockin' On Heaven's Door -PLAYED NIGHTLY

6 Civil War - PLAYED NIGHTLY

7 You Could Be Mine - PLAYED NIGHTLY

8 Don't Cry - PLAYED NIGHTLY

9 November Rain - PLAYED NIGHTLY

10 Live And Let Die -PLAYED NIGHTLY

11 Yesterdays - PLAYED NIGHTLY

12 Ain't It Fun - COVER VERSION, NOT PLAYED

13 Since I Don't Have You - COVER VERSION, NOT PLAYED

14 Sympathy For The Devil - COVER VERSION, NOT PLAYED

So which 'greatest hits' are you accusing them of not playing? The three cover versions?

Also- you're saying it's not a Greatest Hits set, because they're doing other songs? It's the Greatest Hits, and other stuff? So your problem is what? That they're doing other stuff? That they're NOT doing Greatest Hits (even though as the above shows, they are)? That they're NOT doing other stuff? Huh?! I'm really really confused as to what the hell you think this band should be doing, other than pulling brand new unheard songs out of their arse every night....

So you are just ignoring the one post above this.  Where I elain to you and the board for probably the 10th how I feel this is a fine one off show?   And what I would like to see ...

I also explained how I don't think this is a greatest hit tour.  They dolly a lot of there hits   Shot they have beeayong them for  years   ReD wht you want to read I guess
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2017, 05:24:08 PM »

What would make this a greatest hits tour, other than playing the greatest hits?! That baffles me!

What do you mean about ignoring the post above? I'm totally lost.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2017, 06:23:02 PM »

So I responded to this and commented on it.  But it seems to be your nature to ask a question. Get an answer  ignore the answer.  Quote something g else out of context and ask another question
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: