Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:51:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver to Open Very Uncool Times Square Hard Rock Cafe
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver to Open Very Uncool Times Square Hard Rock Cafe  (Read 5286 times)
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: August 11, 2005, 04:08:02 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER will perform at the grand opening party for the new Hard Rock International flagship cafe in the center of Times Square on Saturday, September 17.

Hard Rock International will be moving from its original location on 57th Street to occupy the former site of the historic Paramount Theater. As part of the move, Hard Rock will be transferring music memorabilia from its unparalleled collection, including priceless pieces from THE BEATLES, LED ZEPPELIN, NIRVANA, BILLY JOEL, THE RAMONES and ELVIS PRESLEY

www.blabbermouth.net

The Hard Rock Cafe has to be one of the most uncool establishments around. I'm dead serious about this. VR will do anything . . . Tonight Show, Jimmy Kimmell . . . When VR starts openning Wal-Marts and car dealerships, I am going to shoot myself. F*ck the Rolling Stones are in Ameriquest commercials and charging $15,000 to sit on stage for the Fenway concert! Please PM me when PRIDE comes back in vogue. Maybe Axl has it right; Better to do nothing and live with diginity, than a prostitute.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 04:32:46 PM »

Maybe Axl has it right; Better to do nothing and live with diginity, than a prostitute.

Roll Eyes

Didn't Axl play The Hard Rock Hotel a few years back around New Years?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 05:16:15 PM »

you people wish axl's bunch were opening for anything..? Cry? yes

yes better to be a lazy fuck and keep your loyal fans sitting around in a circle jerk then to play a hard rock cafe..

so many bands give their stuff to these so uncool places.. Time square opening of the place sounds like a good time to me
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 05:17:50 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 05:57:30 PM »

Maybe Axl has it right; Better to do nothing and live with diginity, than a prostitute.

Roll Eyes

hihi

I'm dead serious about this. VR will do anything . . . Tonight Show, Jimmy Kimmell . .

Yeah man, I hate it when bands play shows for their fans, or on television where their fans can watch them.  Its so lame.  I too would prefer absolutely no music or interaction - thats getting it right.  ok
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 07:40:41 PM »

Yeah man, I hate it when bands play shows for their fans, or on television where their fans can watch them.  Its so lame.  I too would prefer absolutely no music or interaction - thats getting it right. 

No doubt, playing shows and appearing on TV is really overrated, fans hate that kind of shit..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 08:04:23 PM »

That is just horrible they have played two of the most watched late night tv shows in the US. Man that is lame. It is so uncool to play to the fans and promote your work. Roll Eyes? If you dont like them fine. Just dont start stupid threads like this just to piss us VR fans off, and start all of the name calling shit up again.

"The Hard Rock Cafe has to be one of the most uncool establishments around" .? ?Roll Eyes? Whatever.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 08:09:10 PM by deliverthecow » Logged
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 05:47:29 AM »

You really are a alternative monkey !   hihi

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 04:48:27 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER will perform at the grand opening party for the new Hard Rock International flagship cafe in the center of Times Square on Saturday, September 17.

Hard Rock International will be moving from its original location on 57th Street to occupy the former site of the historic Paramount Theater. As part of the move, Hard Rock will be transferring music memorabilia from its unparalleled collection, including priceless pieces from THE BEATLES, LED ZEPPELIN, NIRVANA, BILLY JOEL, THE RAMONES and ELVIS PRESLEY

www.blabbermouth.net

The Hard Rock Cafe has to be one of the most uncool establishments around. I'm dead serious about this. VR will do anything . . . Tonight Show, Jimmy Kimmell . . . When VR starts openning Wal-Marts and car dealerships, I am going to shoot myself. F*ck the Rolling Stones are in Ameriquest commercials and charging $15,000 to sit on stage for the Fenway concert! Please PM me when PRIDE comes back in vogue. Maybe Axl has it right; Better to do nothing and live with diginity, than a prostitute.

What do you know about cool? Do you think your post is cool? It's so uncool to play some gigs man.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 05:14:07 PM »

Yeah any band that plays a lot of live rock suck!  Only bands that have music so good it is unfit for release rock.  I'd rather hear no masterpiece rock than really great released rock!!!

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 11:41:52 PM »

Bad news guys...Just when you think this thing cant get any lamer, it turns out that proceeds from the affair will benefit Peace Games, a non-profit organization dedicated to ending the trend of violence in the United States.  Im afriad Ive lost a lot of respect for VR over this.  no
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 01:26:40 AM »

Well my friends, why do you hate VR? is it because they've got the guts to play and release albums?  Guys, I read something  that said, "Playing for fans suck, and worse if its seen on Tv" something like that at least that is the idea, well guys, I dont know if you remember a band, that used to do pay per views, and really played for their fans... maybe time has erased your memory, or its just the hatred toward VR......       anyway more respect guys, it doesnt matter where they play, it does matter what they play and  so far it has been so great....  peace

@;---,----.--.-,-.-,-.,-------- TPR
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 01:48:51 AM »

Its people like you that give Axl a reason not to comeback ever. You can give Axl every excuse not to make any slight comeback (even showing up to the premiere of anything would be cool, or cooler than any nu-GNR comeback at this point), and you are one of the "yes-men" that Duff refers to that helped break up the greatest rock band ever.

As for me, Im looking forward to seeing Slash, Duff, Dave, Matt & Scott on stage rocking for the public - maybe they'll play STB live and get Times Square rockin' off the hinges.
BTW, I do tour guiding in NYC and Hard Rock is making an excellent business decision moving to Times Square. & there's a VR billboard across the street from it, so that will provide great backdrop for the VR performance.

Cool
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 02:02:30 AM »

are u sure its going to be outside and not inside the venue?
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 09:16:09 AM »

I bet the place will be cool that night!  Grin

Why don't you just....
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 10:01:33 AM »

Well my friends, why do you hate VR? is it because they've got the guts to play and release albums?? Guys, I read something? that said, "Playing for fans suck, and worse if its seen on Tv" something like that at least that is the idea, well guys, I dont know if you remember a band, that used to do pay per views, and really played for their fans... maybe time has erased your memory, or its just the hatred toward VR......? ? ? ?anyway more respect guys, it doesnt matter where they play, it does matter what they play and? so far it has been so great....? peace

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?@;---,----.--.-,-.-,-.,-------- TPR
They're being sarcastic man. Except for alternativemonkey, unfortunately Grin
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 12:45:27 AM »

are u sure its going to be outside and not inside the venue?

I dunno if its gonna be outside or in.
I'll be there thats for sure.
And when they come in and come out of the club, the billboard will be right across the street for the photographs.
they've certainly come a long way from the ER to now have a 2-platinum album, sold-out shows, and billboard at Times Square and high-publicized shows all over the world and on TV/.
They've earned it.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 03:24:37 AM »

Roll Eyes

That is a tad different. Honestly.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 07:24:54 PM »

I really like it in the Hard Rock Cafes, being surrounded by rock memorabilia,  Alcohol and Steaks, that's my idea of heaven lol.

Bit over priced, but go in time for Happy Hour and it works out alright lol. 

Now to have VR playing Live in one ... you must be a boring fart not to get excited by that lol.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
moreblack
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 01:30:17 PM »

notice that little shit that started the thread never replied.  ok
way to go junior!

Scott Weiland: "Man, I won't steer clear of shit. If I won't steer clear of wearing a fucking Nazi uniform coming into Europe, you think I'm going to steer clear of 'Fall to Pieces at Ozzfest?"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: