Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:42:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New York Daily News refers to Slash as "has been rocker"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York Daily News refers to Slash as "has been rocker"  (Read 5262 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« on: March 05, 2007, 01:21:32 AM »

In an article about the Anna Nicole funeral, Daily News writer J Ridley listed the guests at the funeral and said "has been rocker Slash or Guns N' Roses fame"  I guess they have no idea that Slash is a legend who is still on magazine covers today and in a multi platinum selling band like VR.. such bullshit....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 08:06:55 AM »

I guess that they see sash as a has-been since rock today is all about fall out boy nervous
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »

In an article about the Anna Nicole funeral, Daily News writer J Ridley listed the guests at the funeral and said "has been rocker Slash or Guns N' Roses fame"? I guess they have no idea that Slash is a legend who is still on magazine covers today and in a multi platinum selling band like VR.. such bullshit....

everone's entitled to their opinion....even a never-was Daily News reporter hihi
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 07:46:20 AM »

In an article about the Anna Nicole funeral, Daily News writer J Ridley listed the guests at the funeral and said "has been rocker Slash or Guns N' Roses fame"? I guess they have no idea that Slash is a legend who is still on magazine covers today and in a multi platinum selling band like VR.. such bullshit....

everone's entitled to their opinion....even a never-was Daily News reporter hihi

I wouldn't describe anyone in VR a has been  lol.....    They are one of the most successful rock bands out there...

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 06:28:13 PM »

Wonder how he'd describe the jagger, richards, lemmy et al lol
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 07:10:50 PM »

who cares what a douche like this thinks hihi

Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 10:03:13 PM »

who cares what a douche like this thinks hihi
exactly hihi

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 11:40:29 PM »

After I read the "has been" comment i decided to email the Daily News...Jane Ridley who wrote the article was decent enough to write me back...here is my letter followed by her response....

I just finished reading your article on Anna Nicole Smiths funeral and I have to say it was pretty accurate...with the exception of the Slash comment.  Look, I totally get where you were going with your article.  The whole Anna Nicole saga is a joke, and so are most of the people involved in it.  But then you went and took a cheap shot at Slash.  Slash is a LEGENDARY guitar player who is still on the cover of guitar magazines worldwide.  Guns N Roses "Greatest Hits" which was released in March of 2004 is STILL on the Billboard Charts 3 YEARS LATER.  That is the longest stay for any album in the last decade.  Guns N Roses are still one of the most popular rock bands in the world and have sold almost 100 million albums worldwide..despite not releasing a new album since 1991.  Slash is currently in a band called Velvet Revolver whos debut album "Contraband" released in 2004 sold millions of copies in the U.S alone and debuted Number 1 on the Billboard 200.  So my question to you is how is a guy like Slash, who still sells millions of records no matter what band he is in  a "has been"?  I think maybe you were just on such a roll with the insults in your article you accidently dragged Slash's name into it..  Or maybe you just dont like Guns N Roses..whatever the case may be...Slash is still one of the most relevant guitar players in the world today...and thats not my opinion..it is a fact....the record sales and concert attendance speak for themselves.Im pretty sure "has beens" dont have all of their albums debut number 1..oh yeah you can also watch Slash and the rest of Velvet Revolver when they induct Van Halen into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame this year...a place Slash is certainly headed to when Guns N Roses are eligible in 2012....oh i almost forgot Slash's new album with Velvet Revolver is called "Libertad" and will be released in a few months...you can look for it at the top of the Billboard Charts when it comes out....not bad for a "has been."  thanks for taking the time to read this...John

and her response.....

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your e-mail. Wow! I was very impressed by your knowledge about Guns N Roses and can see that you are a huge fan. You are a walking encyclopedia.

You made some excellent points in your letter which have certainly made me reconsider the way we worded our description of Slash.

I?ve forwarded the info to our editor.

Thanks very much for being so decent about this ? I got some really awful, hysterical messages from Anna Nicole devotees so it was refreshing to read such a well-researched, thought-out letter.

I?m going to play my Guns N Roses collection on my I-pod as I walk home from the office tonight and hang my head in shame!

Best wishes and thanks again,

Jane

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 07:19:23 AM »

Steven Adler , thats a has a been. Slash is just too cool to ever be called , he is THE bad ass you know lol.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 07:37:58 AM »

yeah man, slash sucks, totally!! read my magazine, im a failed reporter so i have to give people offensive names for attention, help me, my life is so sad.

ok yeah right, slash is a living legend.

html sucks
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 07:45:01 AM »

After I read the "has been" comment i decided to email the Daily News...Jane Ridley who wrote the article was decent enough to write me back...here is my letter followed by her response....

I just finished reading your article on Anna Nicole Smiths funeral and I have to say it was pretty accurate...with the exception of the Slash comment.? Look, I totally get where you were going with your article.? The whole Anna Nicole saga is a joke, and so are most of the people involved in it.? But then you went and took a cheap shot at Slash.? Slash is a LEGENDARY guitar player who is still on the cover of guitar magazines worldwide.? Guns N Roses "Greatest Hits" which was released in March of 2004 is STILL on the Billboard Charts 3 YEARS LATER.? That is the longest stay for any album in the last decade.? Guns N Roses are still one of the most popular rock bands in the world and have sold almost 100 million albums worldwide..despite not releasing a new album since 1991.? Slash is currently in a band called Velvet Revolver whos debut album "Contraband" released in 2004 sold millions of copies in the U.S alone and debuted Number 1 on the Billboard 200.? So my question to you is how is a guy like Slash, who still sells millions of records no matter what band he is in? a "has been"?? I think maybe you were just on such a roll with the insults in your article you accidently dragged Slash's name into it..? Or maybe you just dont like Guns N Roses..whatever the case may be...Slash is still one of the most relevant guitar players in the world today...and thats not my opinion..it is a fact....the record sales and concert attendance speak for themselves.Im pretty sure "has beens" dont have all of their albums debut number 1..oh yeah you can also watch Slash and the rest of Velvet Revolver when they induct Van Halen into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame this year...a place Slash is certainly headed to when Guns N Roses are eligible in 2012....oh i almost forgot Slash's new album with Velvet Revolver is called "Libertad" and will be released in a few months...you can look for it at the top of the Billboard Charts when it comes out....not bad for a "has been."? thanks for taking the time to read this...John

and her response.....

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your e-mail. Wow! I was very impressed by your knowledge about Guns N Roses and can see that you are a huge fan. You are a walking encyclopedia.

You made some excellent points in your letter which have certainly made me reconsider the way we worded our description of Slash.

I?ve forwarded the info to our editor.

Thanks very much for being so decent about this ? I got some really awful, hysterical messages from Anna Nicole devotees so it was refreshing to read such a well-researched, thought-out letter.

I?m going to play my Guns N Roses collection on my I-pod as I walk home from the office tonight and hang my head in shame!

Best wishes and thanks again,

Jane

looks like she learned her lesson hihi peace

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »

Slash is about as has been as the rest of them. The bottom line is, he can still play guitar, and as long as he can still play guitar he's not a has been. He could use some new cool tunes to play though  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:02:52 PM by redx » Logged
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 12:41:05 PM »

Wonder how he'd describe the jagger, richards, lemmy et al lol

He probably don't know who they are hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 02:04:27 PM »

That's some fucked-up shit man.              rant

Unbelievable.             confused
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 07:07:06 AM »

I had read that.. I kind of laughed.. I bet anybody who isn't in our loop thinks this way about all the gn'r members.. axl slash etc..  Pretty much all of them are has beens to a degree being they're not known anymore in the mainstream light they once were.. After real gn'r's success can you top that>?
WindrideR
Opening Act

Regards From Serbia, Motherfuckers!!

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 08:26:07 AM »

What she stated in the article is a bullshit, we all know that!

I just want to point out to your mail which IMHO is fucking great. Really cool arguments you've got there!  beer

.. My DVD Trading Page ..
www.freewebs.com/ivangnr
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »

Slash isn't a has-been, though his post GN'R success has been lukewarm at best. He's capable of much more than what "Contraband " shows.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 03:03:32 AM »

Slash isn't a has-been, though his post GN'R success has been lukewarm at best. He's capable of much more than what "Contraband " shows.

true but as I said in the letter, "has beens" dont have number 1 records and sell millions of them..like contraband has and libertad will
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: