Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:54:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt w/ Camp Freddy Aug 1
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt w/ Camp Freddy Aug 1  (Read 9425 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »

Courtesy of Billy Morrison...

White Wedding - Billy Morrison, Duff McKagan, Steve Stevens and Steve Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5k_8W-UgTc

Here is a short clip posted by someone else...

CF w/Naveen Andrews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobnDp6rcfk
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:36:12 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »

Some photos:

Ace Frehley's Photos - Camp Freddy X-Games

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=108640&id=56216285377

Ozzy Osbourne

http://mickyflores.wordpress.com/2009/08/02/ozzy-osbourne-perfor/

http://mickyflores.wordpress.com/2009/08/02/dave-navarro-on-stag/

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »

Setlist, guestlist and recap courtesy of Billy and www.campfreddy.net

Camp Freddy returned to the Sunset Strip on Saturday night with a storming set at the Annual ESPN X-Games party at The House Of Blues in Los Angeles. The band played for over an hour, opening with Deep Purple's 'Highway Star', and culminating with four Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath songs featuring Ozzy himself. 'Iron Man' and 'Crazy Train featured 3 guitarists - Steve Stevens, Dave Navarro and Billy Morrison. Full set list and list of guests in the events section. Camp Freddy are also scheduled to appear on September 10th at The House Of Blues as part of the Sunset Strip Music Festival. The show is the opening night of the Festival but no further details are available at this time

The annual ESPN/X-Games show in Los Angeles at the House Of Blues. Highlights included two Kiss songs with Ace Frehley, Justin Hawkins from The Darkness singing the Queen classic, 'Fat Bottomed Girls', with Sex Pistol Steve Jones on Guitar, and a 4 song set from Ozzy Osbourne, featuring a three guitar onslaught during Iron Man.

SETLIST: Highway Star, Jean Genie, Highway To Hell, Firewoman, Surrender, Cold Gin, I Wanna Rock And Roll All Night, It's So Easy, Brand New Cadillac, White Wedding, God Save The Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls, I Believe In A Thing Called Love, I Dont Know, Iron Man, Crazy Train, Paranoid.

GUESTS: Ozzy Osbourne, Ace Frehley, Steve Stevens, Billy Duffy, Steve Jones, Duff McKagan, Justin Hawkins, Franky Perez, Naveen Andrews.   The annual ESPN/X-Games show in Los Angeles at the House Of Blues. Highlights included two Kiss songs with Ace Frehley, Justin Hawkins from The Darkness singing the Queen classic, 'Fat Bottomed Girls', with Sex Pistol Steve Jones on Guitar, and a 4 song set from Ozzy Osbourne, featuring a three guitar onslaught during Iron Man.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:04:02 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 04:37:56 AM »

I knew Justin was going - and Duff, but not Ozzy. too cool!
Would prefer a camp freddy album than tv show tbh..though obv who knows what form it might take at this stage. just fed up with reality tv.  these guys do love playing for the love of playing though it seems   ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »

The band played for over an hour, opening with Deep Purple's 'Highway Star', and culminating with four Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath songs featuring Ozzy himself. 'Iron Man' and 'Crazy Train featured 3 guitarists - Steve Stevens, Dave Navarro and Billy Morrison.

Hopefully we'll get some video.  Smiley

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 03:21:10 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELhUOcYJ7H4  here's some Ozzy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 03:42:22 PM »

Thanks that was a good show.  But that's from 2008...I was looking for video from last Saturday night.  Smiley

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 07:56:01 AM »

I'm an idiot - sorry!  will look again!
am looking for more from last weekend too!  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 12:20:48 AM »

Mallika Sherawat attends her first Rock N Roll show in LA!

04 Aug 09

Mallika Sherawat continues to take Hollywood by storm, recently hanging out with rock stars at the famed Sunset Strip music venue The House Of Blues. As a special guest of Donovan Leitch (son of legendary musician Donovan) at his Camp Freddy gig, Mallika met and hobnobbed with Ace Frehely of the band KISS, Duff McKagan of GUNSnROSES, Dave Navarro of JANES ADDICTION, Billy Duffy of THE CULT and Ozzy Ozbourne.

Accompanied by her Los Angeles entourage, Mallika hung out backstage before the show, then enjoyed her very first rock concert down front of the stage for the full experience. She "tweeted" throughout the night on her Twitter social networking account, saying to her followers "OMG! Ozzy's on right now! I have no eardrums left!" and that notorious rake of rock Dave Navarro was "very charming and a perfect gentlemen."

When asked what she thought of the concert, she replied, "Please speak up, I really can't hear anything at all." When the question was loudly repeated, Mallika said she "had great fun. Donovan was the perfect host. For my first rock concert, it couldn't have been better!"

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news-releases/mallika-sherawat-attends-her-first-rock-n-roll-show-la

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 10:59:59 AM »

From Duff McKagan in his weekly column regading Saturday's show...

I had the chance to take part in a Camp Freddy gig down in L.A. last weekend at the House of Blues. Camp Freddy is a sort of rock-and-roll collective that gets together once in a while to play some gig or another (from fundraisers to straight-up "money gigs" for something like the X-Games or Nintendo). This time, Camp Freddy featured Steve Jones (Pistols), Justin Hawkins (the Darkness), Ace Fuckin' Frehley, Steve Stevens, and yes, Ozzy Osbourne. The shit was KILLER.

When I got to the soundcheck on Saturday, KISS' "Cold Gin" was being played and Ace was there, larger than life. I knew then and there that I was indeed having a very good day. Good rock 'n' roll from yesteryear seems to hit you in a different place. Good rock has most likely already trod a well-worn groove into my psyche that is now just a comfortable place for a song like "War Pigs" or "God Save the Queen" to revisit. Whatever--it fuckin' feels good and RIGHT.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 07:15:14 PM »

am looking for more from last weekend too!  ok

I believe it was a private event.  So unless Billy Morrison posts more video, that may be it.  Undecided

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »

Smiley

Thanks to Billy Morrison...

Ozzy Osbourne performs Iron Man with Camp Freddy at the X Games party 2009 in Los Angeles. With Billy Morrison, Matt Sorum, Dave Navarro, Steve Stevens and Chris Chaney.

Iron Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EG7cR4L8eQ

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 02:45:01 PM »

OZZY OSBOURNE, ACE FREHLEY Perform With CAMP FREDDY: Video Footage, Photos Available - Aug. 11, 2009

Ozzy Osbourne and Ace Frehley made surprise appearances with CAMP FREDDY ? the Los Angeles-based "jam" group featuring Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT, CIRCUS DIABLO), Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, ALANIS MORRISETTE) ? during the August 1 ESPN/X-Games party at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, California. Osbourne performed four songs with the band ? "I Don't Know", "Iron Man", "Crazy Train" and "Paranoid" ? while Frehley made an appearance for the KISS classics "Cold Gin" and "Rock And Roll All Night". Other guest musicians at the concert included Steve Stevens, Billy Duffy, Steve Jones, Duff McKagan, Justin Hawkins, Franky Perez and Naveen Andrews.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Highway Star
02. Jean Genie
03. Highway To Hell
04. Firewoman
05. Surrender
06. Cold Gin
07. Rock And Roll All Night
08. It's So Easy
09. Brand New Cadillac
10. White Wedding
11. God Save The Queen
12. Fat Bottomed Girls
13. I Believe In A Thing Called Love
14. I Don't Know
15. Iron Man
16. Crazy Train
17. Paranoid

Check out video footage of the event below.

Photos of Frehley's appearance with CAMP FREDDY can be found at this location.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125081

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: