Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:14:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  so is this where
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: so is this where  (Read 5954 times)
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« on: February 18, 2012, 12:18:43 PM »

i can create topics and not get banned?

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 01:58:49 AM »

and i am  blasting rocket queen like i've done the last 10 years/.  i  am just thinking about what it must be to have been to b e  a part of creating heaven  in mucis.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »

it's almost impossible to get banned. i've only ever got shut down for a couple of days i think. not even sure about that?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »

I'm confident that this person might succeed with the mission to get banned.

What kind of a thread is this if you're not looking to start shit?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 02:15:40 PM »

maybe the OP should actually start posting meaningful topics...that might help.  The first one is just complaining, and the second could have easily gone in the "listening thread"  confused
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:17:50 PM by Trist805 » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 12:38:53 AM »

i can create topics and not get banned?

hihi

You're funny. 
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »

i was only asking because i signed up for another gnr board and posted for about a week and became banned.  no clue why though.  so i was assuming this board was the same type of dictatorship. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »

the same type of dictatorship. 

No. We're unique.

yes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »

i posted a link to a bad washington post review on the main page.  i went to go see the comments and my thread was gone. 
1.  was it not the right place to post reviews?
or
2.  can i not post bad reviews?  (i was genuinely interested to see what the comments would be)

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »

What's the point in posting bullshit nobody here would agree with? The only thing it does is to promote the person who created said piece as well as cause unnecessary discussions about how shitty it is.

It seems pointless.

Let the attention seekers promote themselves.

/jarmo

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 04:10:13 PM »

Oh, this again...

As long as they spell the name correct and put some nice photo's it doesn't matter what they say.

Edit:
Troll them w 'Where's Buckethead!' Grin
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:17:00 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 06:15:17 PM »

I see no issue with posting bad reviews. Censoring something like that is kind of ridiculous.

Broski
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »

And in my opinion it's ridiculous to give this more attention by posting their bullshit.

I personally don't see the point in it. I don't personally see the need of being reminded of how somebody else thinks, that something I enjoy a lot, is horrible.

Especially when that somebody is paid to give their opinion. And knowing how misinformed and biased they can be.

I wouldn't ask a vegetarian for their opinion on Kobe beef either....

/jarmo

CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 06:50:45 PM »

Lol, I typed up a big response but forget it. Smiley

All I'm sayin' is negative reviews are out there. I don't see why discussion on a forum needs to be one-sided. There are negative aspects in the GNR world out there - such as bad reviews. I don't think they need to be censored out of discussion. And I think most people can make the choice to take a negative review seriously or not, for themselfs.

Just my opinion though Smiley

(I've seen GNR 6 times in the past 3 months btw)

Broski
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »

yea i was interested to see what the board thought of it, but whatever, doesn't matter that much.  just more interested in knowing the boundaries here so i dont get randomly banned. 

vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »

ps: i've been a daily visitor to htgth since i was in college which i graduated in 2002.  just never visited the message board.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »

All I'm sayin' is negative reviews are out there. I don't see why discussion on a forum needs to be one-sided. There are negative aspects in the GNR world out there - such as bad reviews. I don't think they need to be censored out of discussion. And I think most people can make the choice to take a negative review seriously or not, for themselfs.

Instead of one-sided, you should say positive, or supportive.
Now ask yourself your question again.

Why wold a fan site be supportive of the band it's about? If you need to ask that, then we have a little different views on what the idea of a fan site is.

I didn't start a site to use it as a "tool" against something I love.

I don't know how often I need to explain this to all the Freedom of Speech crusaders. They just don't fucking get it.

Imagine if you're curious to check out a concert by a band

You start before buying tickets, by going online to see what others think. So you assume that fans of said band would know what they are talking about. You visit a fan site and find that it's filled with negativity and people whining about how bad everything is. What kind of impression does that give you?

People seem upset that the band is on tour. What songs they play. How they play them. They post all the negative reviews, of which there are plenty....

I think there's something weird about how certain "fans" of GN'R so actively work against the band by focusing on the negatives and finding things to whine about. I get that many of these people have been having wet dreams about a reunion for decades by now. While some of them dream of other reunions.

Personally I started liking the band after the band was formed. I had no say in how the band conducted itself. They did their thing and I liked it.
This is still the case. I don't support the band with conditions unlike some people.

"I'll like the band if you change this and that and do this for me..." No. That's not me.

Some people seem to be fans of an idea in their heads. That band doesn't exist and it never did. So what if you got guy X into the band? Nothing says it'll be like the idea you've had wet dreams about for years... Absolutely nothing.

The only way you'll relive the past is if you manage to go back in time. I wish you good luck with that.

/jarmo

vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »

what if you're a huge fan but they actually do have a really bad show for some reason?  would you not be able to post that?

CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 01:36:09 PM »

Why wold a fan site be supportive of the band it's about? If you need to ask that, then we have a little different views on what the idea of a fan site is.
I never asked that.

This is a discussion forum for a band. Meaning in my opinion you should be able to discuss anything you want about the band...positive or negative...supportive or not, whatever you want to call it.

I am one of the biggest GNR fans on the planet. I have seen this lineup 6 times and loved every second of it. But, I think that people with opposing views to mine should be allowed to express their opinions because not everyone has to agree with us...

I didn't start a site to use it as a "tool" against something I love.

I don't know how often I need to explain this to all the Freedom of Speech crusaders. They just don't fucking get it.

Imagine if you're curious to check out a concert by a band

You start before buying tickets, by going online to see what others think. So you assume that fans of said band would know what they are talking about. You visit a fan site and find that it's filled with negativity and people whining about how bad everything is. What kind of impression does that give you?

Come on man...you don't think there are other sites out there? I mean, that's a noble cause I guess but a little pointless and ridiculous in my opinion. It's not like you can censor the internet. And most people would probably check out youtube videos or something before checking fan forums. I know that's what I do every time I'm getting into a band.

People seem upset that the band is on tour. What songs they play. How they play them. They post all the negative reviews, of which there are plenty....

I think there's something weird about how certain "fans" of GN'R so actively work against the band by focusing on the negatives and finding things to whine about. I get that many of these people have been having wet dreams about a reunion for decades by now. While some of them dream of other reunions.

Personally I started liking the band after the band was formed. I had no say in how the band conducted itself. They did their thing and I liked it.
This is still the case. I don't support the band with conditions unlike some people.
I don't see the point in posting negative reviews either. All I'm saying is that, if someone wants to, hey why not? Is it a big deal? I love this band more than anything but the reality is that some people do love them conditionally, and I think everyone should be allowed to express themselves.

"I'll like the band if you change this and that and do this for me..." No. That's not me.
That's not me either.  Smiley

Some people seem to be fans of an idea in their heads. That band doesn't exist and it never did. So what if you got guy X into the band? Nothing says it'll be like the idea you've had wet dreams about for years... Absolutely nothing.

The only way you'll relive the past is if you manage to go back in time. I wish you good luck with that.
What's with all this talk about the past? I don't want a reunion. But, if someone does...I don't agree with them. But that's there opinion...who are we to censor it?

I have no problem with how you run this forum. I'm just stating my opinion on it. You've always made it clear how this place rolls and most people in GNR internet fandom know what this place is about. I'm just sayin' for me personally, if I ran a forum I would let everyone express their opinons, good or bad. And post negative reviews, etc. Even though I don't agree with that kind of thing.

It's kind of wierd when I think of it though. I have a thread on the official GNR forum that I honestly think would be deleted if I made it here...

Broski
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »

Let's just get this straight. Because it seems like you don't get it.

I'm not trying to "censor the Internet".

I started this site in 1996 because I didn't see any other GN'R fan sites that offered me what I, as a fan, was looking for.

That core belief is still there.

"Who are we to censor"?
It's about what kind of crowd you want in your house and/or your party.

I'm not interested in the whiny negative crowd at all.

I don't give a fuck if somebody thinks this band sucks. They can think what they want, as long as I don't have to listen to their whiny complaints.

If you have to listen to somebody tell you every single day that the weather sucks, what will you do? Encourage the person?

what if you're a huge fan but they actually do have a really bad show for some reason?  would you not be able to post that?

Depends.

For example, complaining about shit you knew before the show started isn't really a fair review.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: