Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:38:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your setlist wishes for the next concerts
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your setlist wishes for the next concerts  (Read 50869 times)
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »

My all post 93 setlist (In no particular order, as well as 8-10 too many songs):

Chin Dem
Oh My God
Better
TWAT
Street of Dreams
Catcher in the Rye
This I love
Riad n' the Bedouins
Back And Forth Again
Soma City Ward
Beggers & Hangers-On
Serial Killer
Back to the Moment
Ain't Life Grand
Sucker Train Blues
Slither
Dirty Little Thing
Fall to Pieces
Let It Roll
She Builds Quick Machines
Spay
Gravedancer
Ghost
Watch This
Back from Cali
Starlight
Sahara
Standing in the Sun
Anastasia
Apocalyptic Love
Beneath the Savage Sun
World on Fire
the Dissident

I'm not as familiar with Duff's solo work/other projects hence the lack of representation.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:32:14 PM by Guitar1281 » Logged

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2016, 06:31:20 PM »

And PLEASE... No drum solos

Actually, I'd love no solos at all, but I think I'm dreaming here

Hahahaha. You and me both.  And yes, that's a dream.

Just don't that extended death march from the UYI shows.  The worst part of every bootleg. 

Like 'The Godfather', keep that.  But not the rest.

Interesting point on the solo's... if we are getting a 3 hour show... then i think its reasonable for 2 solos to give Axl a breather...

One Cover i always enjoyed as a laugh was down on the farm... it would be hilarious to see them whip that out (the chances of this are 0%) but i always got a kick out of hearing it.  Cheesy
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2016, 06:34:56 PM »

Just don't that extended death march from the UYI shows.  The worst part of every bootleg. 

Interesting point on the solo's... if we are getting a 3 hour show... then i think its reasonable for 2 solos to give Axl a breather...

One Cover i always enjoyed as a laugh was down on the farm... it would be hilarious to see them whip that out (the chances of this are 0%) but i always got a kick out of hearing it.  Cheesy

Yeah, solos from Slash and Richard seems very probable. A song with Duff on vocals would also give Axl a little break.

I think Down On The Farm isn't as improbable as you think, given they've played it occasionally in the past 15 years. I like that song as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2016, 06:36:46 PM »

I kinda feel like it sucks that Slash has to wear it with the CD songs. I know they're a part of the GN'R canon, but it feels a bit Treaty of Versailles to me. Maybe he really digs 'em. Who am I to say.

I think its a peace offering / olive branch.  And way for Axl to save some face.

I have no issue with CD being played, its IMO their best song off that album.. but i pretty much draw the line with it personally.

I do however think we'll see 3 songs from that album.... peace offering? possible... but some fans genuinely like CD songs.. and they are GNR songs whether some of us think that or not...

id like to see them pull a few more songs out of the draw... and i think they will.. i mean.. who expected to see DTJ in a 16 or 17 song setlist last weekend?  Cheesy
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2016, 06:38:19 PM »

Yeah, solos from Slash and Richard seems very probable. A song with Duff on vocals would also give Axl a little break.

I think Down On The Farm isn't as improbable as you think, given they've played it occasionally in the past 15 years. I like that song as well.

I wasnt aware of this. AWESOME. Would be great to see them whip this out for Coachella... it would fit the bill nicely.  Cheesy

Yeah duff could do attitude.... thats probably the most likely i would think?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2016, 06:40:04 PM »

I wasnt aware of this. AWESOME. Would be great to see them whip this out for Coachella... it would fit the bill nicely.  Cheesy

That or New Rose, which he played on April 1. So Fine too I guess, but Axl would have to sing along to that one.

Sweetness is a virtue
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2016, 06:40:36 PM »

The more CD songs they play, the lamer it feels for me.

2-4 songs. I mean to do want to hear Slash and Duff hit some of these for sure.

I really really want to hear "This I Love" badly.

I'll take CD, Better though and whatever else. There Was A Time would be horrible to hear, yeah its a great guitar song, but it is a tough vocal, and to be honest, its kinda bloated, and dense I think.

Anything more than 4 CD songs and I'd feel somewhat cheated from UYI. I mean they are going ot play so many songs.

In the end, I'd be happy with whatever I guess. Too excited to get upset over a setlist really.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »

Question: How many of you were convinced Slash would never touch any of the songs that were written and recorded while he wasn't in the band?
I think a few....

And now, instead of admitting you were wrong, we get the excuses... Hey, we can't all be right all the time. No biggie. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2016, 06:42:25 PM »

That or New Rose, which he played on April 1. So Fine too I guess, but Axl would have to sing along to that one.

I really like So Fine..... ive always like the sound... but if its to give axl a rest.. then so fine would have to take another songs spot..

Also. .are we looking at a 23-24 song set?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2016, 06:45:25 PM »

Question: How many of you were convinced Slash would never touch any of the songs that were written and recorded while he wasn't in the band?
I think a few....

And now, instead of admitting you were wrong, we get the excuses... Hey, we can't all be right all the time. No biggie. Smiley

/jarmo

I personally thought that Chinese songs would be included.... but i always thought it would be no more than 3-4. And i think thats reasonable.

The majority of casual fans want the hits... people like us... we of course like the hits, but beyond that... all bets are off.. the hardcores like different things. For example.. i am pinging to hear some stuff from UYI that we havent seen since that 2 year tour.

I think its going to come down to, how long is the set list realictically going to be? If its 23-24 songs.. then i think 3 or 4 CD songs is a fair percentage that keeps everyone happy. Just my opinion though. 

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2016, 06:48:40 PM »

I really like So Fine..... ive always like the sound... but if its to give axl a rest.. then so fine would have to take another songs spot..

23-24 seems realistic. You never know though, they had a period where they played 3 hour sets regularly.

Vegas will probably set a "standard", with some variations coming in the later shows.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2016, 06:51:23 PM »

My quess: 25-26 songs (including covers like LALD) and a couple of jams and solos (from Slash, Richard, Dizzy and Axl)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:01:50 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2016, 06:52:35 PM »

I never thought they'd get back together, that is the origin. Never really thought about him playing CD stuff.

So that point is pretty moot.

I mean we've all had time to think about Axl and Slash together once again right? Been a few years...  rofl

I never thought it would happen like this. I figured they'd be in their early 60s or something, but it was always so unrealistic and unlikely in my mind that I never really though about Slash playing CD stuff.

He left the band in 1996, because he didn't want to play that type of sound really. That style of rock. It's totally cool that he played a couple of them.

So it is far from being "wrong" and its more about the circumstance. I don't think many people really imagine him playing them or not until the news broke of them getting back together. I thought about it then, and thought it was likely since they have all compromised I'm sure on a few things.

Slash playing CD stuff is great, it is interesting, but I'm not interested in hearing more than 4 songs.

Gn'R have 64 original released songs I think it is. Maybe it is 65. (Before CD)

So naturally you'd want them to pull 14-16 of them from that list, and no more than 4 from a list of 14. I think that is likely and logically correct in a way.

I would trade in ANY old Gn'R song for "This I Love" or "Madagascar" though.

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »

23-24 seems realistic. You never know though, they had a period where they played 3 hour sets regularly.

Vegas will probably set a "standard", with some variations coming in the later shows.

I'm against more than 4 CD songs assuming the setlist is 20 songs basically. If they do 24 songs roughly then maybe 5 or 6. I mean they'll never play more songs from CD than AFD.

That my friends will never happen. It just won't. Ever.

But don't damn me
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2016, 06:56:25 PM »

My quess: 25-26 songs (including covers like LALD) and a couple of jams and solos (from Slash, Richard and Dizzy)

Yeah, if you include solo spots I agree 25-28 seems likely.

I forgot about Dizzy, he will probably have a solo spot too.

Edit: Axl too... damn it I forgot.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:58:14 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »

I think a few....

/jarmo

You don't understand!!!  crying  They only agreed to play one or two CD songs to appease Axl!!! They're just trying to lull him into a false sense of security and then... BOOM!!! ... full set of Libertad!!!  crying

Tongue

olive branch  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2016, 07:05:40 PM »

Only Want... GNR Live, New Music, BluRay, Good Shows, Special Guest, etc, etc

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2016, 07:07:03 PM »

I'm against more than 4 CD songs assuming the setlist is 20 songs basically. If they do 24 songs roughly then maybe 5 or 6. I mean they'll never play more songs from CD than AFD.

I'm hoping for about 12 from UYIs.

Staples would probably be:

Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
November Rain
Civil War
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Estranged
You Could Be Mine

Then you have 5 spots left you can have a rotation on.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2016, 07:10:30 PM »

I never thought they'd get back together, that is the origin. Never really thought about him playing CD stuff.

So that point is pretty moot.

Oh, of course. Between the Caochella announcement and last week's show, you didn't have enough time to think about that... Assuming you weren't convinced that the regrouping was gonna happen before the official announcement.  Wink

Oh wait, you did have time to think about it, and you did.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=67221.msg1422078#msg1422078

"It's not a lie if you believe it".

Edited to add: Keep pretending that the rest of us are idiots. It worked last time didn't it? And now you're baiting people again. Yes, we had to moderate some of your posts. Just a FYI....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:12:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2016, 07:11:36 PM »

I would be fairly unimpressed with 5 or 6 songs from CD. I think it's fair to assume that 80% (maybe higher) of the fans arent going there for that. And as someone else said (DX) do you really see them pulling out a cd song at the expense of one of the AFD or more probably UYI better known songs? I personally dont. If something left of field is going to played.. the majority would hope its from UYI or TSI rather then a left of field CD song.

out of interest... whats with the obsession with TIL & madigascar? Just curious? Not having a shot at you.. but i'm curious as to how highly u rate those 2 songs (even above anything else)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: