Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:11:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your setlist wishes for the next concerts
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your setlist wishes for the next concerts  (Read 50867 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2016, 07:14:32 PM »

I would be fairly unimpressed with 5 or 6 songs from CD. I think it's fair to assume that 80% (maybe higher) of the fans arent going there for that.

Many of those people might be completely happy to see them play the songs off Greatest Hits.
Anything added to that is like icing on the cake...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2016, 07:19:10 PM »

I would be fairly unimpressed with 5 or 6 songs from CD. I think it's fair to assume that 80% (maybe higher) of the fans arent going there for that.

Many of those people might be completely happy to see them play the songs off Greatest Hits.

/jarmo

Totally agree... all of this is just opinions mate.

And as i said, the set list from last weekend gives everybody hope that at some stage most of the songs might get a go. I mean.. how many people out of a 16 song set-list would have predicted that DTJ would have made the cut for last weekend? Not many.....

I honestly see an interchangeable set-list from weekend to weekend by 4 or 5 songs.
Its bloody brilliant that they did it. And it shows (me at least).. that Axl and Slash are both prepared to pull these songs back out. How refreshing is that.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2016, 07:34:22 PM »

/jarmo

Wasn't Sympathy For The Devil included on GH?

No icing required.  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2016, 08:29:11 PM »

I'm a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. He has a catalog of 500+ songs, and each tour they play like 200+ different songs (including requests from the audience).

I wish Axl and the band did that. They are undoubtedly talented and capable of pulling that off.

But do they really want to push themselves towards that? The comfort zone is really a difficult thing to get out of.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:31:06 PM by Eduardo » Logged
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2016, 09:10:00 PM »

I thought no all degrees of fans are expecting/hoping for the big hits...Perhaps throw in We Will Rock You...Everyone knows that song, and some might be unaware of GNR playing at the Freddie Mercury concert and during some UYI shows...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2016, 09:16:12 PM »

I would love to hear Madagascar, Prostitute, Right Next Door to Hell, Mama Kin, Heartbreak Hotel, and some other impossible fantasies, but I don't think they have my personal playlist in mind.  Besides, it's my favorite band we're talking about, I love all their songs, it's not like if I don't get to hear 'my' songs, I'll have to sit through Love in an Elevator or something.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2016, 11:53:21 PM »

I never thought they'd get back together, that is the origin. Never really thought about him playing CD stuff.

So that point is pretty moot.

Oh, of course. Between the Caochella announcement and last week's show, you didn't have enough time to think about that... Assuming you weren't convinced that the regrouping was gonna happen before the official announcement.  Wink

Oh wait, you did have time to think about it, and you did.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=67221.msg1422078#msg1422078

"It's not a lie if you believe it".

Edited to add: Keep pretending that the rest of us are idiots. It worked last time didn't it? And now you're baiting people again. Yes, we had to moderate some of your posts. Just a FYI....

/jarmo

YOu didn't quote my entire post, so in the context you just used, yes it makes me look stupid. Great job.

I've been very polite and very nice here recently. I'm not baiting people at all.

I stated that before the regrouping news broke... I never thought about SLash playing anything CD. That was in my post, but you choose to quote a very small part of it. It's whatever man.

My posts are very accurate and very logical. I'm not baiting anyone. I just want to have a good time. I don't need babysat, and I don't appreciate you taking what I'm saying away from it's original context and trying to make me sound stupid or ignorant. I don't care. I respect you and your website, and I love it here, but you seriously need to relax a little man.

I'm still appreciative of my ban being lifted too. You need to separate the previous me from the new me. I'm not really interested in arguing or fighting over stuff like I used to be.

I'm not perfect but what you've just stated about me is mixing old me with new me. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

And my Tracii Guns comments were right on the button, whether you removed them or not.

Havea  great day Jarmo.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2016, 11:57:37 PM »

I never thought they'd get back together, that is the origin. Never really thought about him playing CD stuff.

So that point is pretty moot.

I mean we've all had time to think about Axl and Slash together once again right? Been a few years...  rofl

I never thought it would happen like this. I figured they'd be in their early 60s or something, but it was always so unrealistic and unlikely in my mind that I never really though about Slash playing CD stuff.

He left the band in 1996, because he didn't want to play that type of sound really. That style of rock. It's totally cool that he played a couple of them.

So it is far from being "wrong" and its more about the circumstance. I don't think many people really imagine him playing them or not until the news broke of them getting back together. I thought about it then, and thought it was likely since they have all compromised I'm sure on a few things.

Slash playing CD stuff is great, it is interesting, but I'm not interested in hearing more than 4 songs.

Gn'R have 64 original released songs I think it is. Maybe it is 65. (Before CD)

So naturally you'd want them to pull 14-16 of them from that list, and no more than 4 from a list of 14. I think that is likely and logically correct in a way.

I would trade in ANY old Gn'R song for "This I Love" or "Madagascar" though.

When I said "people" I was talking about in general people, which included myself. It was a generalization of thinking there. I'm not trying to stir anything up or bait anyone. I felt like I and us were having a nice fun discussion.

I'm truly sorry if I've upset anyone.

But don't damn me
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2016, 04:38:28 AM »

YOu didn't quote my entire post, so in the context you just used, yes it makes me look stupid. Great job.

Because the rest of the post was just not about the actual issue. You claimed my question, whether or not you ever thought Slash would play these songs, couldn't be answered because you never thought he'd be back in GN'R. I pointed out that you had thought about it. You even admitted. So you say no and yes in the same post.

I've been very polite and very nice here recently. I'm not baiting people at all.

Right, which is why we had to clean up some of them.

I stated that before the regrouping news broke... I never thought about SLash playing anything CD. That was in my post, but you choose to quote a very small part of it. It's whatever man.

Maybe I'm easily confused by your posts then.

But when you go from "I can't answer" to "yes" in the same post, no wonder.

So which one is it? Did you ever think he would play those songs after you found out he was back? Yes/No? Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2016, 07:07:36 AM »

More cowbell.
nateinthehon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2016, 07:15:07 AM »

this is what I would pick if they let me make the setlist for Friday night:

WTTJ
Easy
Brownstone
LALD
Better
Pretty Tied Up
Estranged
Slither
UTLH
YCBM
Godfather
SCOM
November
Rocket
Think About You
Double Talkin
Whole Lotta Rosie
Patience
KOHD
Nightrain

Encores
My Michelle
Don't Cry
Paradise City

If they are playing CD songs(which of course they did in LA) I would like to see em also mix in VR songs like Slither, Fall To Pieces, or Suckertrain Blues. The only CD songs I am interested in this formation playing is Better, IRS, and maybe Street of Dreams. And only 1 per night of each.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2016, 10:41:40 AM »

I admit I was a little surprised to hear two CD songs the other night...

but I am certainly not upset about it. Really looking forward to hearing Slash on them. I would imagine he gives them a more bluesy feel.

It's also a good sign for their relationship right now... I think.

Now.. just hoping it goes the other way and maybe we see them do a Slash song. Anastasia would be killer. (asking for a VR song might be too much)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2016, 12:33:36 PM »

I think anything is fair game Little Jerry Seinfeld. hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2016, 12:45:30 PM »

I admit I was a little surprised to hear two CD songs the other night...

but I am certainly not upset about it. Really looking forward to hearing Slash on them. I would imagine he gives them a more bluesy feel.

I'm certainly eager to hear his Better solo.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2016, 12:47:54 PM »

I think anything is fair game Little Jerry Seinfeld. hihi

Lol

Should be a fun little weekend...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2016, 12:52:20 PM »

Because the rest of the post was just not about the actual issue. You claimed my question, whether or not you ever thought Slash would play these songs, couldn't be answered because you never thought he'd be back in GN'R. I pointed out that you had thought about it. You even admitted. So you say no and yes in the same post.

So which one is it? Did you ever think he would play those songs after you found out he was back? Yes/No? Smiley

/jarmo

Maybe it didn't come across clear, so I'll sum it up so it doesn't get diluted again.

Before they announced the regrouping (Pre Jan.) I never really thought about him playing any CD stuff, cause I honestly thought they would never get back together/it would be a longer time.

Since then, since they announced the impossible it seemed, I started to think about it a little before the Troub show yeah. I shouldn't really have to explain this, it was fairly obvious what I meant.

It doesn't really matter, and I'm cool with Slash playing CD songs, I just hadn't given it any thought since i never really thought they'd be together again, since they announced it... again... yes I started thinking of it some, but it was wed-friday of the troub show.

It isn't a big deal. But anything more than 6 CD songs would kinda piss me off honestly.

But don't damn me
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2016, 01:01:13 PM »

/jarmo

Maybe it didn't come across clear, so I'll sum it up so it doesn't get diluted again.

Before they announced the regrouping (Pre Jan.) I never really thought about him playing any CD stuff, cause I honestly thought they would never get back together/it would be a longer time.

Since then, since they announced the impossible it seemed, I started to think about it a little before the Troub show yeah. I shouldn't really have to explain this, it was fairly obvious what I meant.

It doesn't really matter, and I'm cool with Slash playing CD songs, I just hadn't given it any thought since i never really thought they'd be together again, since they announced it... again... yes I started thinking of it some, but it was wed-friday of the troub show.

It isn't a big deal. But anything more than 6 CD songs would kinda piss me off honestly.

Name me one time they ever played more than 6 CD songs at any time?

Come on...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »

I think these will be staples at the shows:

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
Sweet Child O' Mine
Rocket Queen

Patience

Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
November Rain
Civil War
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Estranged
You Could Be Mine

Not sure about Chinese, I think they might rotate between different songs. Chinese Democracy might be a staple.

As for additional songs from all albums that they'll put in rotation, I think anything can happen now. They brought out Double Talkin' Jive which was a complete surprise.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2016, 01:11:30 PM »

Not sure about Chinese, I think they might rotate between different songs. Chinese Democracy might be a staple.

My guess:

Chinese Democracy
Better
Street of Dreams/Catcher in the Rye
I.R.S.
This I Love

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2016, 01:14:14 PM »

I think these will be staples at the shows:

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone
Paradise City
Sweet Child O' Mine
Rocket Queen

Patience

Live And Let Die
Don't Cry
November Rain
Civil War
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Estranged
You Could Be Mine

Very probably.

I wonder about 'Don't Cry' though.  Even on the UYI tour, rarely played in that first leg, and then was hit or miss in '93.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: